Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2014 11:03:09 AM EDT
Bought the dog a new squeeky toy and it didn't even last 2 min. I swear this dog has a scew loose. He does like his beef knuckles though.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]
My dog treats "indestructable" as a challenge
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Kong.

They make different levels of chewy.  My dog destroyed their toughest one but it took him a couple weeks to do it.    There are also dog toys made out of firehose that are tough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
No such thing. Buy in bulk.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Kong
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#6]
A2 Pistol grip filled with PB
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
It's the one's they don't like. They go missing, buried
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Attempt to cook a nice roast in a crockpot, without remembering to turn it off of high.

Yeah. I couldn't cut it, chew it, nothing. Needless to say, the gf and I ate out that day. The one I cooked a couple of weeks before, bugging her on the phone at work for constant instructions was one of the best ever.

This one ? I figured that the neighbor's dog would eat it. Well, it tried. And tried. And tried. Aaand.......played with it for a month or two. Seriously, ant and insects wouldn't touch it. The dog buried ot and dug it up over and over for two weeks. There was never a bite taken out. I should have figured it was mostly hard leather when I tossed it to the dog and it bounced.

Still not as bad as the camel proof brownies I baked for my wife was in Afghanistan. They were so hard she and her roommates couldn't eat them, so they tried feeding one to a camel. It chewed it and spit it out. She wound up giving the them to one of the kids outside of Camp Phoenix to give to some goats. They ate them at least.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#9]
bowling ball
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I love this ball!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A two foot length of 1" thick poly-line with a knot in it. I also give my dog 1-2" thick pieces of firewood. She'll chew them up but the trees are busy growing more of them so she's welcome to eat them.
View Quote

I am working on my dog with the "get wood" command
she is 98% on the get part but she doesn't realize that I need the piece intact to burn well

Not firewood  was going to be firewood but she had too much fun crunching on it

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Kong.

They make different levels of chewy.  My dog destroyed their toughest one but it took him a couple weeks to do it.    There are also dog toys made out of firehose that are tough.
View Quote

Same here, having the best life expectancy from the hard rubber kong toys. They are heavy and solid so their fetching toys aren't the best for indoors.  Anything with cloth, plastic or soft rubber is a waste of money.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Cats
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love this ball!!!!
<a href="http://s17.photobucket.com/user/leondana/media/4EE44A46-6B2C-4070-A7D6-71253F964801_zpswxyudyms.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b96/leondana/4EE44A46-6B2C-4070-A7D6-71253F964801_zpswxyudyms.jpg</a>
View Quote

He would destroy that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Bought the dog a new squeeky toy and it didn't even last 2 min. I swear this dog has a scew loose. He does like his beef knuckles though.
View Quote

He needs to work on his time....

My dog can totally destroy a squeeky toy in sixty seconds flat....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Kong.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.westpawdesign.com/dogs/dog-toys/zogoflex-dog-toys/jive-dog-ball

My dog (golden retriever) has been trying for 2 years to kill hers. We bought a friend one for his pitbull that used to destroy everything within minutes. His pitbull still has it 2 years later too. They'll also send you a new one if your dog breaks it too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#20]
My dog is quick with destroying toys as well.  Except for a squeaking monkey I got him.  He seems to have taken a liking to it, and just carries it around with him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Same here, having the best life expectancy from the hard rubber kong toys. They are heavy and solid so their fetching toys aren't the best for indoors.  Anything with cloth, plastic or soft rubber is a waste of money.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kong.

3 weeks before they became small recyclable floor mats.  Nothing survives the dogs. The damnation mix make sit a point to remove anythign that squeaks from toys. 5 min tops for those. They do like those small basketballs. They  lasted 2 months.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kong.

Another vote for the Kong products. Get the red ones, the black ones leave smudges on white baseboards when you do want to bounce one down the hallway for the dog to chase.

The only other dog chew toy that has held up as well is the REALLY THICK (like shipyard thick) rope with a knot in it, but she will still chew off little fibers from that.

Anything with stitching gets unstitched and unstuffed within 2 minutes. Tennis balls get defuzzed and ripped apart. Rubber toys get chewed apart into small giblets of pieces, and she is deliriously happy while destroying them...she loves her toys--TO DEATH!   I'm just happy she never did her thing to the sofa or rest of my furniture...she's got some tough teeth!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

3 weeks before they became small recyclable floor mats.  Nothing survives the dogs. The damnation mix make sit a point to remove anythign that squeaks from toys. 5 min tops for those. They do like those small basketballs. They  lasted 2 months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kong.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Kong and Jolly balls.
Standard answer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Racquetball
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always fount the childrens toys and stuffed animals to last alot longer then the dog toys.
I think they just make the dogs toys cheaper because they know somethings going to ruin them and you have to buy another.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Here's one of my rat-dawgs.

The videos were made by the gal we got him from.

He still does this for hours on end...

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I love this ball!!!!
<a href="http://s17.photobucket.com/user/leondana/media/4EE44A46-6B2C-4070-A7D6-71253F964801_zpswxyudyms.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b96/leondana/4EE44A46-6B2C-4070-A7D6-71253F964801_zpswxyudyms.jpg</a>
View Quote

Beautiful pup
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Kong is the only one I found.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Does not exist.
She has a big Nylabone that has lasted awhile, (only half gone) But since she knows she can't kill it, she doesn't bother with it much.
" />

She wanted to find the squeaker in this guy, but Daddy wouldn't let her.

" />
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll second the recycled firehose recommendation someone posted previously. My dog killed the little squeakers in it, but the rest of it is still intact and he still likes it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Try getting one of those antlers front the pet store.  They'll chew it down eventually, but it'll last a few months.  

This guy is a major league chewer. He loves them.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I love this ball!!!!
View Quote

Details please. My boy would like that.

The only thing that has survived mine in a jolly ball.

Rock hard solid plastic he can't get purchase on it to bite it. He hated it at first for just that reason. Now he loves it tries to bite t, it rolls always he chases biting to steer it around the garden.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#35]

I got my pomeranian a chihuahua.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I've had good luck with the Kong Wubba and standard hard rubber kong with a 120 pound GSD.
Kong Wubba
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Rock hard solid plastic he can't get purchase on it to bite it. He hated it at first for just that reason. Now he loves it tries to bite t, it rolls always he chases biting to steer it around the garden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love this ball!!!!

its made by the company that sells those balls that you can throw with that plastic arm?? "Chuck it"?? anyways they sell them at the Big Pet Store. Solid rubber and my lord of destruction cant do shit to it...

EDIT... Found it...
http://www.chewy.com/dog/chuckit-kick-fetch-ball-large/dp/49718?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Chuckit%21&utm_term=&gclid=CM31iM-vyMECFWVp7AodaE8AJw
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Try getting one of those antlers front the pet store.  They'll chew it down eventually, but it'll last a few months.  

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/839/jnsw.jpg

View Quote

LOL my 28 pound border collie/lab mix will destroy a 12 inch piece of unsplit elk antler in a week or less. Months you say
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/839/jnsw.jpg

View Quote

A weisenheimer, eh?

(So cute adorable and handsome!)
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Kongs work well.  Planet Dog Orbee Tough "5 out of 5 chomper" toys are pretty good for destructive dogs too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#41]
moar dag pics pls
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#42]
both my male pits usually take care of their toys but will eventually wear it out.  Thats if my female pit doesnt find it. I have yet to find any "toy" she doesnt destroy asap.  I even bought 1 of those $50 level 10 kong things.  It holds the record of lasting the longest.  a day at best.  rawhide lasts about 30 mins.  knuckles about 1/2 day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I gave my 80lb lab one of these: Paw-zzle ball from Cabelas and she's become a complete fiend for it. Normally she destroys soft toys in minutes, but the hard plastic outer ball prevents her from getting a bite on the inner ball. Fill it with 1/2 cup of kibble and let her go, she'll be busy for an hour or two. Until she gets it stuck in a corner, then she's a complete asshole until one of us retrieve it for her. She hasn't figured out how to use her paws to pull it yet.

The only other soft toy she can't destroy in <10 minutes are racquet balls. I buy a few 3-packs once a year and they last forever.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.westpawdesign.com/dogs/dog-toys/zogoflex-dog-toys/jive-dog-ball

My dog (golden retriever) has been trying for 2 years to kill hers. We bought a friend one for his pitbull that used to destroy everything within minutes. His pitbull still has it 2 years later too. They'll also send you a new one if your dog breaks it too.
View Quote

My Pit Bull/Lab mix destroyed that in 60 seconds flat.  But, he has a tough time with Lacrosse balls.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Black Kong filled with a couple od dabs of the cheapest store brand peanut butter.  Stick in freezer over night.  Give them to the dog(s) the next morning.  Keeps em entertained for hours.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#46]
My Akita destroys just about every toy in less than 5 minutes except for this Kong. She even destroyed the ones that they say are indestructible.  I think the only reason this one is intact is because it looks like a dildo.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

its made by the company that sells those balls that you can throw with that plastic arm?? "Chuck it"?? anyways they sell them at the Big Pet Store. Solid rubber and my lord of destruction cant do shit to it...

EDIT... Found it...
http://www.chewy.com/dog/chuckit-kick-fetch-ball-large/dp/49718?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Chuckit%21&utm_term=&gclid=CM31iM-vyMECFWVp7AodaE8AJw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love this ball!!!!

EDIT... Found it...

Thank you ordered one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#48]
if you have a smaller dog - these toys are awesome.

My corgi will shred just about any stuffed toy I've ever found but these - these are made out of thick nylon fabric and triple stitched - his "snake" has lived for 2 years now, and he goes through a "suspicious chicken" once every year or so. they're his favorite toys.

http://www.shopfatcat.com/Dog-Toys_c_1.html

suspicious chicken:

snake:

Corgi with chicken (that one was at least a year and a half old)

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#49]
+1 for Kong.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Racquetball
View Quote

+1

Pick up a Lacrosse stick as well and you will be able to toss it all day long without getting any slobber on your hand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top