Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I knew how you feel op.

I tried to join the Army back in 2000 but they found out about a knee surgery I had as a kid and my chance was killed.

My younger brother joined the Army after 9/11 and deployed twice to Iraq.

I was happy for him but I felt like shit not being able to "get in the fight" myself.

Then one day in Jan 2005 my friend called and said he was taking a contract in Iraq as a DOD K9 handler. I applied and was able to get hired as K9 handler on the same DOD contract. I loved my job and was lucky enough to end up working with some really good Army units.

I got lucky and feel I was still able to serve our country even though I was not part of our military durring a time of war.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

...can't tell if you're serious...

If so, you most likely wouldn't. Trust me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was going to join...but they said I was too tall.

It's ok though...I would have definitely punched a drill sergeant in the face for yelling at me.

You can't just "Control" me like that.

Ya right...some Drill sergeant isn't going to intimidate me....I straight knock them out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two sons that both were of military age after 911.  One of them served and one of them didn't.  Neither one has regrets on the paths they chose.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The grass is always greener. Lots of other ways to serve your country besides the military route. The man who wastes his time regretting is a sad one - and really not a man at all
View Quote

I don't sit around the house crying with a .45 ready to launch into my temple but I do think about it often.  I support numerous military charities and functions and pay the extra specialty license plate fees for "Support Our Troops" to show I care about those who have made the sacrifice.  They have my respect and always will.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is it passed the statute of limitations so you can tell us about all these murders?

How did you not get caught?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they'd thought about touching me they'd be lost at sea never to be found again.

Is it passed the statute of limitations so you can tell us about all these murders?

How did you not get caught?

Ocean.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Could be worse....you could "serve" and not serve.

I've been in 14 years, and never deployed during the war(s) due to being in special duties or units that were coded not to deploy. I'll be finally going to AFG this spring (only because I got accepted to take a deployment outside my career field in a internal unit deployment that they couldn't otherwise fill). But since the war officially "ends" this December, I'll have never deployed in support of the war(s). My younger brothers both joined the Army years after I did and went to Iraq......

I'll never shake the feeling I didn't do my part. Shit keeps me up at night.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had a very serious knee injury playing high school football (1977) and had to have reconstructive surgery on my right knee.  Besides the pain in my knee it would and still does swell with exercise if I do not wear my brace.  Since then I have had several procedures on the same knee.

I talked to the Army recruiter in 1978 and he told me it was a waste of time to take my physical because I would be denied.  Decided to go see the Air Force recruiter thinking the requirements might not be as tough and was told the same exact thing.

Wanted to be an Army Ranger all of my life.  I am now 55 years old and it is the biggest regret of my life that I did not have a chance to pursue my dream and serve my country.  I have a successful career and great family but after all these years it still bothers me.  Does anybody else regret not serving or being able to serve?  For those that did serve, would you do it again?

Could be worse....you could "serve" and not serve.

I've been in 14 years, and never deployed during the war(s) due to being in special duties or units that were coded not to deploy. I'll be finally going to AFG this spring (only because I got accepted to take a deployment outside my career field in a internal unit deployment that they couldn't otherwise fill). But since the war officially "ends" this December, I'll have never deployed in support of the war(s). My younger brothers both joined the Army years after I did and went to Iraq......

I'll never shake the feeling I didn't do my part. Shit keeps me up at night.  

That's the road towards a fool's errand. It'll never be enough, no matter what you do.

I feel the same way, despite having deployed and been in combat. I earned my Combat Medical Badge for it, and still think I haven't really served.

You'll never be satisfied. You just have to accept it. While you're still alive, there's always people out there who have done more than you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because you're the toughest SOB that would have ever enlisted?

I've torn up plenty of giant guys. If they'd thought about touching me they'd be lost at sea never to be found again. The military has been pounding the shit out of boys who think they're tough for a few hundred years ... they've gotten pretty good at it. Occasionally someone is dumb enough try the system and after a few years in the brig they're discharged with a felony conviction. A military brig is not somewhere you're going to want to be for a few years.

"Petty Officer, request to use the head."

"Do it, do it now"

"Petty Officer, request to wipe"

"Do it, do it now"

"Petty Officer, request to flush"

"Do it, do it now!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's ok though...I would have definitely punched a drill sergeant in the face for yelling at me.

I've torn up plenty of giant guys. If they'd thought about touching me they'd be lost at sea never to be found again. The military has been pounding the shit out of boys who think they're tough for a few hundred years ... they've gotten pretty good at it. Occasionally someone is dumb enough try the system and after a few years in the brig they're discharged with a felony conviction. A military brig is not somewhere you're going to want to be for a few years.

"Do it, do it now"

"Do it, do it now"

"Do it, do it now!"

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
There are a lot of ways to serve your country and society other than the military.  Peace Corps, Americorps, teaching, especially in impoverished areas, community health .......
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#10]
After my adventure disappointingly came to an end I wish I would have gone Corpman instead of opting out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Not joining is the one and only regret I have in my life.

No excuses, I was just too selfish when I was finally eligible.

I graduated high school at 16.  Scored high on the ASVAB, and had every "intention" of enlisting once I was of legal age.

Then two years passed and was "having too much fun" with girls and parties in school.  I was a fool.  I'm ashamed of my poor decisions back then.  My only consolation is that I'm serving my country in a different way now.

I have an immense amount of respect for those who've served honorably.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I only did one enlistment, kind of wish I'd have stayed in longer. But when I went in as a punk kid 17 year old, it was exactly what I needed to "straighten up and fly right". If I had do do it all over again, I would. It was exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Regret that me and mine didn't lay waste to that shit hole people call the Middle East after Beirut.

Regret ETS-ing in 1986.  Should have stayed in and become a fucking lifer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I was brought up to serve God and country! A brain tumor at the age of 16 kept me out and I still have times of sorrow over it!

God bless our nation and every member of our armed forces!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a drill instructor and I wouldn't mess with crabs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I regret not staying in, but the Clinton years sucked and I left. I would have hit my 20 4 years ago. Props to those that stuck it out during that time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I can take it one step further. I grew up as a Air Force brat, fathers enlistment date was the day I was born. Lived my entire childhood up till 18 as a AF dependent. I was used to the military life and of course when I turned 18 I enlisted. I knew that I didn't want Army, Marines was not my thing and well, the AF was my dads thing so that left me one thing, the Navy. I loved the tradition and the idea, so I signed up (1988). At the time being young and dumb I did everything my recruiter told me to do while filling out paperwork. I somehow aced the ASVAB and was offered the top two jobs at the time in the Navy, either Nukes or Advanced Electronics with a 6 year enlistment and 2 years of school. E-3 out of boot and E-4 out of A school, possible to even have E-5 before I set my feet for the first time on the deck of a ship. Pretty sweet I thought, I have it made, this will be my career.

Now I have this thing, I am clumsy as hell. I will trip walking across flat concrete. I have always been this way. I also for some reason will hurt myself while sleeping. When I was 16, I dislocated my left knee while sleeping, stretching the tendons and dong some permanent damage to the knee. I told my recruiter this while doing the paperwork. He said we will fudge things alittle and and just not mention the incident. I passed all the requirements and in the fall of 88 went to Orlando to spend a few months at Navyland. About 4 weeks into boot I found I could not support my left knew while marching, I could move it, but when standing or straitening my leg it was either full lock or nothing. My CC noticed me walking funny, asked me how I was doing and I told him what was happening. He sent me to sick call, they took X-Rays and the doc noticed the previous damage. Of course they asked me what was going on so I told them. Next thing I know I was in ROF (Recruit Outprocessing Facility) and awaiting discharge for medical reasons. ROF was basically jail, I was in with some fucked up people. All I wanted was out of there, so I did everything I could to get my ass out of there instead of fighting outprocessing and just get home. There were a few recruits in ROF that were fighting or appealing being sent home, some had been there for over 6 months.

Plan was to get home, heal, get my knee fixed and then get my ass back in after-all this was going to be my career. Fuck if I shouldn't of fought it, once I was out no one would touch me, all because I listened to my recruiter. That bastard was lucky I didn't wait outside of his office once I got home with a shotgun. To this day, this is the biggest regret of my life. I have no doubt that at this point in life I would still be in as senior enlisted or retired with a nice pension. Fuck recruiters.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had a very serious knee injury playing high school football (1977) and had to have reconstructive surgery on my right knee.  Besides the pain in my knee it would and still does swell with exercise if I do not wear my brace.  Since then I have had several procedures on the same knee.

I talked to the Army recruiter in 1978 and he told me it was a waste of time to take my physical because I would be denied.  Decided to go see the Air Force recruiter thinking the requirements might not be as tough and was told the same exact thing.

Wanted to be an Army Ranger all of my life.  I am now 55 years old and it is the biggest regret of my life that I did not have a chance to pursue my dream and serve my country.  I have a successful career and great family but after all these years it still bothers me.  Does anybody else regret not serving or being able to serve?  For those that did serve, would you do it again?
View Quote

Dont worry, I have the same regret and had a similar goal (Ranger or something similar).  Put off enlistment for a year and ended up getting into a car accident, smashing my foot, and being told by a recruiter that I was disqualified as a result.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#23]
My only real regret is not joining the Marines. I was all set to go, talked with my recruiter for a while, always wanted to join. My family wasn't happy but understood but I listened to a bunch of b.s from my boss about how good I'd be doing if I stayed and that he would pay for me to get arborist cert and any schooling for that field. Along with paying for classes on climbing techniques and rigging twice a year. Eight years later and not a single promise kept and I actually am in worse shape financially now than then. I hate it. Only good thing is I met my old lady and have a 6 yr boy that both mean the world to me. Still should went though and I still bitch about it today
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Same boat here OP. I'm 35 and all I wanted to do was either be a Marine or Army Airborne. I fucked up my ankle when I was 19 in college and I've had 2 surgeries to try to fix it, but that's a nope. I was okay after my first surgery and was doing 5 miles a day but that period only lasted for 6 months after rehab from the surgery.

I've only started to get some relief in the last 2 months since going to a new therapist. Still not running at all but I don't wake up with pain or stiffness in the mornings which is amazing.

i guess it just wasn't in the cards for me. God Bless those of you who serve.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anybody else regret not serving or being able to serve?  For those that did serve, would you do it again?
View Quote

Yes tons of regrets.  My family is very much into being muricains.  I was born in the south and the history of our country, and how the military was such huge part of our development of our nation was taught at an early age, I remeber the bicentennial was a huge even in my family.  I grew up feeling such pride in our country that it was a no brainer for me to join.  I tried to inlist after HS in 1988 and was shut down by both marines and army.  I have been asthmatic my whole life and i function with no problem with my inhaler in my pocket, i didnt understand why I could not just have one or two issued to me.  The military did not see it that way, and I was devastated and angry for a long time about it.  My parents knew this would happen especially my dad who served in Vietnam, they tried to tell me but I didnt listen.  I have cousins who served and a lot of friends over the years who served as well and just about every male in my family has served our nation. I still have first cousins who are serving today.  

I ended up going into medicine and gave many years to the VA treating ww2 and Korean war vets and I really felt that I was finally able to give something back, unfortunatly its not the same.  I do understand that asthma on the battle field would be a huge hindrances, it still irks me because I have done a lot of wilderness training, climbing and other extreme sports with out any problems.   I am 45 now so it dosnt matter much anymore but it will always be a regret not serving my nation in that capacity.  Its one of the reasons I am so proud of our young men and women who are serving.  I have a family now and I am continuing to teach them that service is a fundimental part of being good citizenship and how our country is indeed special and why, regardless of what our current leadership implies.  It is a shame that so many dont see it this way.

I appreciate this thread because its not a thing I ever talk about and I didnt realize there were others who felt the same way.  Thank god for those who volunteer and fight for our freedoms. We are blessed as a nation to have such good men and women, those who serve and also those who want to serve but can not for what ever reason.  At least you tried unlike some of the filth out there who take it all for granted and at the same time shit on our brave military.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#27]
For a while I had some regrets about not joining up. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 15 and up until I was diagnosed with my diabetes all I wanted to do was join the Marines. On my way to the hospital that night, my dad told me that maybe this was God's way of saving me for a higher purpose. I'm in college to be a teacher now, so while I can't wear the uniform, hopefully I can have an impact on the next generation that does.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I tried to stay in.

Just wasn't in my cards.

Now that I've been out for a couple of years, I'm 50% glad I got out, 50% wish I could've stayed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#29]
It does not do to dwell on the past and possibilities that were not realized. Focus on the present and look to the future with determination.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Totally shattered my ankle when I was 12.  Needed two surgeries, but was close to needing 4 because of the growth plate.  Only thing holding my foot to my leg was tissue, ankle was all powder and shards.  Hardware was removed after healing, and I was walking normal the following year.

One MEPS referral to their own Ortho for approval, and I was in like Flynn without any waivers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"Do it, do it now"

"Do it, do it now"

"Do it, do it now!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Do it, do it now"

"Do it, do it now"

"Do it, do it now!"

Kinda vain to call yourself a Pretty Officer, isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Totally shattered my ankle when I was 12.  Needed two surgeries, but was close to needing 4 because of the growth plate.  Only thing holding my foot to my leg was tissue, ankle was all powder and shards.  Hardware was removed after healing, and I was walking normal the following year.

One MEPS referral to their own Ortho for approval, and I was in like Flynn without any waivers.
View Quote
I've never done this process, so I don't totally know.... But if someone were to have a bad surgery or reconstructive surgery, but they could still meet all of the physical requirements and perform their duties, I would imagine trying to get waivers, surgeon referrals, and even harassing their governor into getting the go ahead. Just as long as they don't sign up as combat arms or anything.

Usually if you brush shoulders with the right people, miracles tend to happen.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've never done this process, so I don't totally know.... But if someone were to have a bad surgery or reconstructive surgery, but they could still meet all of the physical requirements and perform their duties, I would imagine trying to get waivers, surgeon referrals, and even harassing their governor into getting the go ahead. Just as long as they don't sign up as combat arms or anything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was very casual and easy.  I was fully open about it, and they sent me over to a private Ortho they referred to in the area.  He took some images and checked my stability and movement.  Said I was 100% and gave the green light.  Didn't even need to go back to MEPS a second time to 'finish' anything.  Went through the normal route on MEPS trip #1, went to the Ortho later, came back the night before leaving for Basic for MEPS trip #2.  I did actually go back to MEPS one other time in between, but it was totally unrelated.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

God puts you where you're needed.  Don't fret over it.
View Quote
Bingo.

I've looked up to my Father, Grandfathers, Hell even my grandmother for serving (My Dads father served in the Army during WW2. My mom's father served in the British Army during WW2, & My moms mother was part of staff of the Polish govt in Exile in England during the war. my Dad served from 65 to 70 in the US Army.

So for me it was a no brainier I wanted in but for one reason or another it just was not meant to be.. People take the piss out of me for it and honestly it used to bother me but not anymore. I believe God does put you where you're needed.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for those that have and are serving so those of you here thank you for that.

And I was wondering if the too tall joke was going to show up here.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It was very casual and easy.  I was fully open about it, and they sent me over to a private Ortho they referred to in the area.  He took some images and checked my stability and movement.  Said I was 100% and gave the green light.  Didn't even need to go back to MEPS a second time to 'finish' anything.  Went through the normal route on MEPS trip #1, went to the Ortho later, came back the night before leaving for Basic for MEPS trip #2.  I did actually go back to MEPS one other time in between, but it was totally unrelated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's awesome dude. I don't know if you were just really lucky and the stars aligned for you that day, or if everyone else that was denied for a medical reason didn't try hard enough lol

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I have never served, but I have worked 16 hour days 7 days a week for months at a time to get new technology deployed to bearded cool guys because I knew it would make a real difference.  I absolutely don't claim that as some BS substitution for serving, however I think my contributions have made more of a difference that way than they would have if I had enlisted.  

That is my skillset, and I think I have optimized its use.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#37]
That's why I joined in my 30s. I didn't want to regret that I didn't. Joined at an older age and volunteered to deploy to Afghanistan 3 times. One of the best things I ever did and one of the things I'm most proud of. Met some of the best people America has to offer and became part of a brotherhood (brother in arms). Met soldiers from other countries and saw things you'll never see in the states or any where else in the civilized world. Worked with SF, 173AB, 10MD and 3ID. Got to dismount, convoy and fly around in UH60s. Shot M777, 105mm, CZ805, M249, AKs, RPK, G36....etc..  Almost got blown up once but wasn't too bad. Saw a lot of good people get hurt or die.

I'd recommend getting involved with voluntary organizations that help wounded warriors. When I get out I plan on working with soldiers on a voluntary basis. Again, the best people America has to offer are in the military. I know because I have worked with them. I have seen soldiers with their leg blown off and they didn't complain as much civilians when they get a splinter. Different mentality, a lot more pride and respect.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like you lack the mentality to be a soldier. Things like respect and honor are probably very strange concepts for you.
Guy wouldn't have made it anyway. And, if he did he would probably pull a Berghdal. Or, found curled up in a ball when the first round was fired.  Probably the guy that beats his dog when he gets home everyday.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very similar except 1976 and my medical records of my knee injury from HS football resided at Camp Pendleton... no waiver and no hiding it.  I don't have regrets though, just a trust and faith in God.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Guy wouldn't have made it anyway. And, if he did he would probably pull a Berghdal. Or, found curled up in a ball when the first round was fired.  Probably the guy that beats his dog when he gets home everyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fucking irony...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exact same story here bro.  Busted my right knee pretty badly playing football as a Sophomore in HS and was told by multiple recruiters not to bother.  Dad was in the Army and to this day I feel denied of the ability to serve my country.

Some of the role models in my life (coaches, etc) were Marines and I always wanted to be a Marine from a very young age.  I have a few buddies who served and I will forever regret not having that in common with the guys I'm closest to.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I wanted to be a Marine ever since I was a little kid but problems I was born with kept me from realizing that dream.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't sweat it OP.

It's not all that great anyway.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's awesome dude. I don't know if you were just really lucky and the stars aligned for you that day, or if everyone else that was denied for a medical reason didn't try hard enough lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I get confused.

I know having hardware is immediate DQ.  But previously having hardware that has since been removed is not.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was a tanker from 84-87

Dumbest thing I ever did was get out.

I tried to sign back up in 90 pre desert storm but  I wasn't gonna be some schmuck remf , I told them send me back to a tank unit deploying and I would sign up.

They said no go on that, and like a dumbass I didn't reenlist. Should have done it anyway .

View Quote

Same here, I got out in '88.  I had been in the 33rd and 36th fighter wings (F-15), those two units had the vast majority of air to air kills in desert storm.

I tried to re-enlist when it became obvious we were going to war with Iraq. But the only offer I could get was as a vehicle mechanic in the Air Guard. I passed.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The fucking irony...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fucking irony...

Is your tank broken?  Or did our tanks go underground like the LE's icon, and only we can see them?  I think you need to contact Stryker stat.....pussy traitor
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Motorcycle crash in 1987 took care of my right ACL, MCL, and meniscus, as well as any aspirations I had about joining the military. I didn't know this until 1990 when I tried to enlist in the Marines. The long hair and admission of prior drug use years before didn't bother them, and I set post records in Verbal and Math on the ASVAB. It was the foot-long scars running up and down my right leg that ended the physical exam, five seconds after I was told to "Drop 'em.."

The recruiter told me to try the Navy or Coast Guard, to which I replied, "But, Sergeant, I don't like boats..."

The only thing I knew about the Marines at that time was from watching 'Full Metal Jacket'...

"Son, the United States Marines ride around the world on Navy boats.."

Ooooooooooohhhh.....

Could I have gotten a waiver? Maybe, but I'll never know.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seems like you lack the mentality to be a soldier. Things like respect and honor are probably very strange concepts for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You joined recently, at 30? I think I can speak for other drill instructors that other DIs (95%) have gotten soft. Some of it is because of PC bullshit but the big reason is just weak DIs. Boot camp isn't what it was 10 years ago. Consider yourself lucky that you even graduated boot camp.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The fucking irony...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fucking irony...

One of these days I will walk down the street to your workplace and we can laugh about the dripping sarcasm that goes unnoticed in GD.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basically the same story, but it was my back, and the 1990s.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top