Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As far as I know, Atheism has had a MUCH more peaceful history than Christianity.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2s8ihxs.jpg

Yeah, he and the other paler from up north fellow were bad guys.
Truly. And yet somehow they don't hold the monopoly on horrific things

But....
Do you even Spanish inquisition, bro.
End game of mayan civilization, bro?
African expansionism, bro?

All Christians, all.
Don't deny it.

Where was this all knowing, all powerful and benevolent God now (then), bro?
Does he just give the ruthless conquering Christians a pass, bro?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Most atheists don't give a fuck about other people's beliefs.  Not good to see religious gun owners spouting complete generalized horseshoe but hey, don't worry.  I still believe in the Constitution and our rights to believe or not believe in the supernatural as we please.  Now please, go back to finding shit on Twitter to bitch about.  Not like there's anything important going on in the world.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

their own alleged intellect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try getting over it with prayer alone...!
Good luck with that

Quoted:
More proof Atheism is a religion in itself.
Until you get to the point where you try and identify what they are worshiping .....

their own alleged intellect.

lol, the believer mind is so rigidly programmed and regimented that it can't seem to break free from the compulsion to cast atheists in the language of religion ... "atheist worship themselves" "atheism is a religion" ... the same bad script going around for 2000 years
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You really twisted that around, lol.  Hint, no one tells me to believe.  My faith comes from something that I know is there, but I don't have to understand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We aren't supposed to know, just accept and believe.

It seems pretty simple to me.

So why believe in something you cannot understand, cannot influence, cannot measure or predict, and does not provide any consistent or comprehensible response?

Believing because you are supposed to sounds like the logic used by knee-jerk Obama followers who don't question the inconsistencies and problems in front of their faces.

You really twisted that around, lol.  Hint, no one tells me to believe.  My faith comes from something that I know is there, but I don't have to understand.

I do not see how it is logically different.  You say you believe because you "know" it is true, despite the lack of evidence, despite your ability to understand it, and despite your ability to explain it.  That is a blind faith.  Logically, how is that blind faith different than the blind faith of an Obama supporter?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And they would be wrong.

A positive, hopeful and combative attitude really improves ones odds at surviving such a dire health issue. Be it ebola, cancer, whatever.

And if prayer gets you there then prayer definately helped you recover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tough sh*t for them then.  She believed and it worked for her.  That's all that counts.

Modern medicine worked for her.  Many people doubt that her faith or prayers had much to do with her surviving.

And they would be wrong.

A positive, hopeful and combative attitude really improves ones odds at surviving such a dire health issue. Be it ebola, cancer, whatever.

And if prayer gets you there then prayer definately helped you recover.

Actually, I agree that prayer may play a role in developing and maintaining a positive attitude and a will that helps recovery.

The supernatural aspect of prayer, however, is questionable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Atheists are fucking retards....
View All Quotes

Christians are child molesters & adulterers.

See, painting with a broad brush is kinda stupid, dontcha think?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know plenty of atheists, none bat an eye about things like this.
View Quote

This. I love how GD gets all fired up about this shit. You get a couple of idiots and suddenly the whole group gets labeled. The vast vast majority of atheist could care less if she prayed. This reminds me of gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
These particular Atheists are just the other side of the coin for the people who eschew modern medicine completely in favor of sitting in a room and praying.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Last I heard , that was the very foundation of this so-called 'religion' . . . . their rejection of all of religion's God's

..I thought that was the Jews ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God never made any promise to shield anyone including those who believe in Him from the consequences of a fallen world brought about by sin.  He did promise to those who are His that they will never be alone while they deal with, suffer with, and travel through a world impacted by sin.  God heals when He chooses to for His greater purposes most of which are only known to Him.  He leaves it to us who have been plunged into the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ to trust Him which isn't hard to do when you see what He did for us in healing us of the greatest disease there is:  the permanent consequences of sin which is spiritual death.

Sometimes He heals in a miraculous way.  I know several folks over the years who were delivered from cancer right before they went under the knife and the doctors themselves had absolutely no explanation for it.  I have also see fellow believers die painful excruciating physical deaths.  

"Yea though I walk THROUGH the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.  (WHY?) For you, my great shepherd are WITH me."  He didn't say "if" I walk through.  He said "when". I walk through.

God was with her as she walked through the shadow of death.  He chose to allow her to live awhile longer.  He didn't have to.  But He did.  And He used medicine to play a part in that for sure.  One of His own disciples was a doctor.  

None of you who identify as atheists have enough information to say that God was not involved.  You only can accurately say, "I don't see His involvement."  But you can't say with complete knowledge, "There was NO involvement from God in this."

You can say it if you want but it is an arrogant statement to make.  God is not inclined to do a magic show for you to prove He exists.  He already gave the proof of His word and purpose when Jesus rose from the dead.

You really aren't rejecting God.  You are rejecting the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Because if a dead man rose from the dead after being crucified, to believe in God and everything else He has said and promised is really not hard at all.

Atheists don't reject God.  They reject the resurrection of Jesus.  

Patrick

Last I heard , that was the very foundation of this so-called 'religion' . . . . their rejection of all of religion's God's

..I thought that was the Jews ?

It is the foundation of Christianity.  Paul said that, "If Christ isn't risen, our faith is in vain…"  And there are jews who believe the resurrection and have embraced Jesus Christ as Messiah/God.  As a nation aside from different levels of orthodox Jews who practice Judaism, the nation as a whole are practical atheists.

If a man rose from the dead after being crucified, the ramifications are enormous.  For many of us, the ramifications have been enormous.

Atheists don't believe in the resurrection.  If you did, you wouldn't be atheists.  Everything else is a distraction from that issue.  If you want to attack Christianity, don't bring up the inquisition or crusades or people who while identifying as Christians have done horrible things.  All you have to do is prove that there was no resurrection.  Attack it, rip it apart.  Go for it.  I believe history itself proves that a man named Jesus rose from the dead.  At least a whole bunch of 1st generation witnesses believed it enough to die for it.  You don't die for something you faked or aren't sure of as a first witness.  That's just one thing, there is much more.  And the world has never been the same because of those few first hand witnesses who embraced death for what they saw and believed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good, very thankful you're not the passive aggressive sort that can't stand behind his own words.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an atheist.  Are you saying that about me?

No, you're very very smart.

One step up is the very very very smart Nihilists

http://www.ctfamily.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nihilist.jpg

Good, very thankful you're not the passive aggressive sort that can't stand behind his own words.

Thankful you're not the type that would try to troll me into personally attacking them so you can go cry to the mods.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Spanish inquisition killed like 2000 people.

The Mayan civilization ended itself, the Spanish conquered some shadow remnants of that once great civilization. Maybe you meant they Aztecs? They were monsters that ate people, all the other tribes in the area joined the Conquistadors in stopping their evil.

Africa is always Africa.

Where was God? God was with Cortes, saving 100,000 individuals from being eaten in a single festival.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you even Spanish inquisition, bro.
End game of mayan civilization, bro?
African expansionism, bro?

All Christians, all.
Don't deny it.

Where was this all knowing, all powerful and benevolent God now (then), bro?
Does he just give the ruthless conquering Christians a pass, bro?

The Spanish inquisition killed like 2000 people.

The Mayan civilization ended itself, the Spanish conquered some shadow remnants of that once great civilization. Maybe you meant they Aztecs? They were monsters that ate people, all the other tribes in the area joined the Conquistadors in stopping their evil.

Africa is always Africa.

Where was God? God was with Cortes, saving 100,000 individuals from being eaten in a single festival.

get outta here with those facts.....
eta..I find it funny that some want to stick all of Christianity with those deaths....but will squeal like a stuck pig when it is pointed out in return that atheist led .govs killed well over 100 million in the 20th century alone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

So are christians. Everybody's fucking retards.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I happen to be one of everybody....Are you saying I'm fucking retards or that I'm retarded?  Either way I'm offended
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I happen to be one of everybody....Are you saying I'm fucking retards or that I'm retarded?  Either way I'm offended
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both, of course. Duh.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anybody who has ever seen anyone battle a deadly disease (which includes a lot of people, considering how prevalent a killer cancer is) knows how vital it is to the patient's survival that they have a strong will to live.

Now, I don't care if your strong motivation is because you desperately love your family, or if you believe in God, or if you just really don't want to miss the next season of Dancing with the Stars.

Your will to fight is fucking huge, and I'm not going to play armchair philosopher over the intellectual value of what you hold dear.

But, this is the internet, so some enlightened fuckwits will happily stroke each other off while pretending that prayer doesn't work for those who believe.
View Quote

This.

She's a medical professional, I'm sure she is acutely aware of how all the efforts of her colleagues helped her. I believe she thanked them as well.

But she had FRICKIN' EBOLA. If she wants to credit the man on the moon for helping her, she's entitled.

None of these douchebags who are whining and bitching are stepping up to TAKE CARE OF A FRICKIN' EBOLA PATIENT. Let them do that first, and then IF they survive, they can thank science and the Flying Spaghetti Monster or whatever they want. But she's entitled to this. She survived FRICKIN' EBOLA. They need to shut their pie holes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would be impressed if she relied solely on prayer, but I am guessing she didn't refuse the massive transfusion protocol to stop her from going into full-blown DIC.......
View Quote

Didn't work for Duncan.....I wonder if he seriously prayed?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Some are, just as some religious people are. Paint witha broad brush much?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are the American version of the Taliban  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That may be the single stupidest, most retarded thing ever said in GD, and we have had some stupid fuckers around here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Still laughing
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Atheists worship themselves for being smarter than the ignorant believers.
View Quote

And the retarded hits just keep on coming
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know plenty of atheists, none bat an eye about things like this.
View Quote

Lucky you.  The ones I know are always quicker to flaunt their unbelief than the Christians I know are to mention theirs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Uhhh, yeah, it was the praying that did it.

(ROFL)
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure why this is such a big deal.  So what, someone believes in something that some don't.  

I like the jokes mentioned by comedian Carlos Mencia.  It's about the atheist who will/wants nothing to do with the Bible.  CM mentions when a catholic dies he/she gets buried and his/her soul goes to heaven.  When the atheist dies, he/she gets tossed in the dirt.  He/she makes great fertilizer for a tree to grow.  The tree gets cut down and used to make paper.  Worst case scenario, the paper is used to print the Holy Bible.  I forgot what stand up routine DVD it was from but it was hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Atheist trolls are the cockroaches of the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Atheist trolls are the cockroaches of the internet.

As are their religious troll cousins.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not sure why this is such a big deal.  So what, someone believes in something that some don't.  

I like the jokes mentioned by comedian Carlos Mencia.  It's about the atheist who will/wants nothing to do with the Bible.  CM mentions when a catholic dies he/she gets buried and his/her soul goes to heaven.  When the atheist dies, he/she gets tossed in the dirt.  He/she makes great fertilizer for a tree to grow.  The tree gets cut down and used to make paper.  Worst case scenario, the paper is used to print the Holy Bible.  I forgot what stand up routine DVD it was from but it was hilarious.
View Quote

I think you're thinking of Dane Cook's atheist bit.

God Bless You
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As far as I know, Atheism has had a MUCH more peaceful history than Christianity.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#29]
A man found himself in a huge rainstorm. It began to flood, most of his neighbors left but he decided to stay saying "God will save me!"
A rescue team came along in a boat as he sat on his rooftop.
"Hope in!" they said.
"No, God will save me!"
So they sped on to search for others in need of help. On their way back they noticed him still atop his roof, they stopped again saying "Get in or you will die!"
"No." he replied. "God is going to save me."
Sadly, the man perished in the flood. He stood before the Lord and said "Lord! Why didnt you save me!?"
God replied "I sent a rescue boat twice..."

You can believe in God and have some sense at the same time believe it or not.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some people just have to be butthurt about something at all times.
View Quote

Yep.  These people exist on both sides of the religion debate.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think it's stupid for anyone to hate on her for it.

I've always wondered though, why do people always praise God when they get over an illness / injury / someone they care about survives; but we never hear of anyone cursing him when he doesn't come through? Is it that "God works in mysterious ways" thing?

I'm sure a lot of those Africans that died from it also prayed very hard to God. Why weren't they saved?
View Quote

I dont particularly think God always cures us, He gave us the ability to take care of things within reason and I dont think we should be asking for miracles from God when there is a cure already. I cringe when i hear "Well God called him home..." No he didnt the guy died of cancer at 32 years old!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Honestly that is how the rabbit religious folks dressed in high school.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So why believe in something you cannot understand, cannot influence, cannot measure or predict, and does not provide any consistent or comprehensible response?

Believing because you are supposed to sounds like the logic used by knee-jerk Obama followers who don't question the inconsistencies and problems in front of their faces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's stupid for anyone to hate on her for it.

I've always wondered though, why do people always praise God when they get over an illness / injury / someone they care about survives; but we never hear of anyone cursing him when he doesn't come through? Is it that "God works in mysterious ways" thing?

I'm sure a lot of those Africans that died from it also prayed very hard to God. Why weren't they saved?

Who says you cannot influence God? Who says we dont understand, if you mean fully 100% then there is another argument to be made, comprehensible to whom?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
well bless your heart

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
God replied "I sent a rescue boat twice..."
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That may be the single stupidest, most retarded thing ever said in GD, and we have had some stupid fuckers around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I do not see how it is logically different.  You say you believe because you "know" it is true, despite the lack of evidence, despite your ability to understand it, and despite your ability to explain it.  That is a blind faith.  Logically, how is that blind faith different than the blind faith of an Obama supporter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My blind faith ends up with trying to following the 10 Commandments.  It makes the world a better place.  Obama supporters' blind faith ends in a gulag archipelago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No.  It's just my opinion.  Anyone that has a FIRM belief that there is no higher power (AKA God)....Is a retard in my opinion.  Is that reasonable?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No.  It's just my opinion.  Anyone that has a FIRM belief that there is no higher power (AKA God)....Is a retard in my opinion.  Is that reasonable?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's not.  It's no more reasonable than them expecting you to believe in nothing.  Most atheists are good people, don't be a dick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Seriously?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The atheists who capitalize Atheist and form groups and Atheist organizations and webgroups are the ones that "bat an eye."  

That's the entire point of being an annoying reactionary.

Like the Republicans who mix religion and politics.  One is annoying, the other is hurting us.

Why bring up Republicans?  

Seriously?

Absolutely serious. Republicans have nothing to do with this discussion, but you brought them into it.

Besides, Religious Republicans aren't reactionaries.  They are individuals with deeply held beliefs.  They want private individuals to be able to express themselves.  

Organized Atheists are busybody reactionaries who don't like what other people do.  They sue and use the courts to force people to do things their way.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm a proud Atheist and her praying didn't bother me a bit. Even though I disagree with it, if that is what helped her get through this ordeal, that's great. There shouldn't be a controversy about what she believes, we should be more tolerant and focus on what's really important such as the science behind the medical treatment she received.

But yea, I want to see pray alone cure anyone from ebola, or any other sickness for that matter.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone who's been around a while has seen people who were struggling to stay alive, give up and then die.

Positive thinking plays a major role in people's revovery from injury and illness.  "Will to live" and all that...

Prayer is another form of this, and can help a person get through difficulties (without any sort of Divine intervention).
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Gotta love the athiests I work with.  I find it funny, how when gambling they are praying to a higher power for that ultimate winning card hand, or that winning roll of the dice, or the placement of that ball on the spinning roulette wheel.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes

Agreed, modern day bullies at best.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't get the memo about seething.   Should I start seething now?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
just like the Taliban in Afghanistan that destroy any symbol of Religion the public arena they are doing the same here. Atheism is one of the most stupidest religions in the world "there is no god, therefore we must remove all symbols something that does not exist because it offends me and my religion"

Dear God that is stupid

I spend zero time thinking about the boogey man and if you had a painting or picture of what you thought was a boogey man and showed it to me I would say that is "that's nice, honey"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
What?
just like the Taliban in Afghanistan that destroy any symbol of Religion the public arena they are doing the same here. Atheism is one of the most stupidest religions in the world "there is no god, therefore we must remove all symbols something that does not exist because it offends me and my religion"

Dear God that is stupid

I spend zero time thinking about the boogey man and if you had a painting or picture of what you thought was a boogey man and showed it to me I would say that is "that's nice, honey"  

Now I realize I'm new here, but so far I believe this takes the prize for the most unintelligent thing I've read.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your lunch money, please.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've got more in common with the Taliban than I do.  More in common with Muslims than I do as well.  Embrace your Muslim friends and don't forget to insult the atheist gun owners!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

God Bless You
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God Bless You

To be fair, if it was already another comedian's bit, Carlos Mencia probably did it too.  
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top