Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/24/2014 9:38:34 PM EDT
Need to apologize for posting this inaccurate thread.  

Matthew McConaughey is not an Anti Gun guy after doing more research and reading other comments he has made....

Please shit on me for the next few pages.....

This was the original article in question:  http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/matthew-mcconaughey-on-the-2nd-amendment-lets-forget-that-right/

I'm sometimes too quick to jump on someone I think is an Anti Gun idiot.  I'll make a donation to the NRA to make up for this bad post...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, he's allowed his opinion while pontificating hippie style, add long as he doesn't start making it some issue or crusade I'll give him a press this time...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a vagina so I don't go see his movies anyways.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]
He should focus more on pronouncing the letter s without whistling.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, he's allowed his opinion while pontificating hippie style, add long as he doesn't start making it some issue or crusade I'll give him a press this time...
View Quote

I dont give a shit about him so this...I wasnt going to see the movie anyways
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me or is that not what he's saying at all?

That's all it took?
When you're 4 years old, that's all it takes. I got a Redskins hat in my bag right now.

What do you think about the calls for the team to change its name?
Man, it's twofold. What interests me is how quickly it got pushed into the social consciousness. We were all fine with it since the 1930s, and all of a sudden we go, "No, gotta change it"? It seems like when the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board. I know a lot of Native Americans don't have a problem with it, but they're not going to say, "No, we really want the name." That's not how they're going to use their pulpit. It's like my feeling about gun control: "I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."
View Quote

ETA: He's comparing the people who were fine with the Redskins for 80 years then suddenly changed their mind to people who want to ban guns because it's the cause of the day because of some event.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He should focus more on pronouncing the letter s without whistling.
View Quote

FBHO is the worst at the whistling 's' sounds. Sounds like a bunch of happy little tweety birds on a spring morning.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's all it took?
When you're 4 years old, that's all it takes. I got a Redskins hat in my bag right now.

Man, it's twofold. What interests me is how quickly it got pushed into the social consciousness. We were all fine with it since the 1930s, and all of a sudden we go, "No, gotta change it"? It seems like when the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board. I know a lot of Native Americans don't have a problem with it, but they're not going to say, "No, we really want the name." That's not how they're going to use their pulpit. It's like my feeling about gun control: "I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."

He is saying fuck your right to own guns because some people use guns for crime. Fuck him
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats not what he meant at all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He is saying fuck your right to own guns because some people use guns for crime. Fuck him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

He's comparing those people to the ones who want to ban a name.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]

"I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that
right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because
it's in the wrong hands in other places."
View Quote

Nope, you really don't get it.

While we are at it, let's "forget" those other rights too.  Because they are in the wrong hands too.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
He attends church every Sunday he's in town with his Mother at the non-denominational congregation at Sun City, Tx (Georgetown).  I've met him there before. Pleasant for a celeb. Too bad he's a banner...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

Again, no hes not. You fail at comprehending his analogy of irrationality
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#13]
He has been out of Texas for too long.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
He gets it. Bible thumping gun huggers like their guns. Like forget those rights. There's more important stuff than your feelings.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently he was being sarcastic.  I'll withdraw my statement for now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

While we are at it, let's "forget" those other rights too.  Because they are in the wrong hands too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."

analogy
[uh-nal-uh-jee]  IPA  Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun, plural analogies.
a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based:
the analogy between the heart and a pump.
similarity or comparability:
I see no analogy between your problem and mine.
Biology. an analogous relationship.
Linguistics.
the process by which words or phrases are created or re-formed according to existing patterns in the language, as when shoon was re-formed as shoes, when -ize is added to nouns like winter to form verbs, or when a child says foots for feet.
a form resulting from such a process.
Logic. a form of reasoning in which one thing is inferred to be similar to another thing in a certain respect, on the basis of the known similarity between the things in other respects.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Dunno who he is.  The only movie I want to see is that Tiger tank movie,  Fury.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

Bingo, he's on our side.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#19]

What did you expect from a liberal with ties to UT Austin?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I gi v e up. GD is full of people who read half a sentence before posting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

He seems to think people who want to ban guns are irrational, seems fine to me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't let my personal politics get in the way of entertainment
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

He attends church every Sunday he's in town with his Mother at the non-denominational congregation at Sun City, Tx (Georgetown).  I've met him there before. Pleasant for a celeb. Too bad he's a banner...
View Quote
Wait wut?  Okay maybe he's not a banner? Oh f$&@ I give up... Either way seems like a decent guy....

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#25]
After reading, I also don't think he is condemning the 2nd.  I think what he's saying is, should we give up our gun rights because someone uses them in the wrong way.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Matthew McConaughey says: "I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right."
His new movie Interstellar will be coming out soon, are we going to teach him a lesson that stupid actors should not be commenting on Gun Rights?

http://www.examiner.com/article/interstellar-patrons-deserve-clarification-of-mcconaughey-s-gun-comment
View Quote

Ever think he has to tow the line or he gets no more roles?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck him and poll is fucked no pie option
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#28]
READING IS FUNDAMENTAL
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
After reading, I also don't think he is condemning the 2nd.  I think what he's saying is, should we give up our gun rights because someone uses them in the wrong way.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bingo, he's on our side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

Bingo, he's on our side.

So where did you read that out of his statement above?

He's all social justice warrior with the Redskins name. He's still going all social justice warrior with "it's in the wrong hands in other places". Like CC. Or the home. Or in your car.

They belong on a range. Period. The 2nd amendment is about target practice/ sport. British style locked up on a range when not in use type analogy. That's what I'm reading. New age social justice warrior. Forget your rights.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#31]
GD reading comprehension amazes me
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#32]
He was in Dazed And Confused and True Detective. I could care less what his opinion is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I wasn't planning on seeing it anyway.
Maybe get it from the library later.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ETA: He's comparing the people who were fine with the Redskins for 80 years then suddenly changed their mind to people who want to ban guns because it's the cause of the day because of some event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's all it took?

Well, I don't know how else to read "forget that right"
Its kind of like how "shall no be infringed" only means one thing also.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#36]
After reading it a few more times I see what you are saying...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah guys...he's on our side...he is quoting  gun banners when he says that line...he is saying he disagrees with the people who say "I get it you have a right to own guns but forget that right...forget the use of them safely at the range because some people use them for evil..."

Get it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Its kind of like "shall no be infringed" only means one thing also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

Its kind of like "shall no be infringed" only means one thing also.

He's not saying we should "forget that right", it's an analogy to we should "forget that name" just because public opinion has changed. It's an analogy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Read the thread you dipshits
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#40]
His statement was ambiguous but I don't think it was meant to be anti right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Its kind of like how "shall no be infringed" only means one thing also.
View Quote

Well, then you have taken it out of context.

Hey man...let's forget about our right tkba cause some blow hole uses the improperly..

Get it now?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#42]
OP posted this in a disingenuous manner. Reading is indeed for faggots.

Can I change my vote?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#43]

somewhere along the way the jesters stopped entertaining for their meals and idiots put them on pedestals

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Read the original article. His point is "what if" we ban guns... or other civil rights. I'm disappointed in many of you, stop being lemmings and parroting what the uninformed OP wrote.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
His statement was ambiguous but I don't think it was meant to be anti right to keep and bear arms.
View Quote

If anything one could gleam he likes guns as much as he likes the Redskins jumping right into that analogy. I imagine he smokes a looooooot of pot so that probably makes concise thoughts difficult.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#46]
He's a very good actor (anyone seen True Detectives?) and has a right to his opinion, which appears to support the RKBA.  Even if he didn't, I can appreciate his talent without agreeing with his politics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I never have any idea what he is talking about, he talks in circles.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll wait for the usual ARF "movie critic" peeps to pan it then go and most likely enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Choke on it Matthew.

I don't intend on seeing interstellar anyway.  Hippie dippie bullshit
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top