We got that shit in Florida.

Ruining too many innocent lives.

Other states should follow suit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP and yes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You yank their license, they drive anyway.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew a guy who got a DUI for sleeping in his car in the parking lot of a hotel.  

ETA: it was a party at the hotel, he didn't randomly pull into one while drunk.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
im good with a 6 month to 1 year suspension for first offense and maybe 5 year for a second. if you are an idiot and have a third offense make it a lifetime ban.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Two beers to have your license revoked? Fuck off... and they keep lowering the BAC limit... nope.gif
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
If they don't care about driving drunk, do you really think they will care about driving without a license?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have done several wet labs where people get drunk for testing practice and have yet to see someone hit .08 with 2 drinks
Not saying it couldn't happen just saying 99% of people caught DWI are full of shit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two beers to have your license revoked? Fuck off... and they keep lowering the BAC limit... nope.gif

I have done several wet labs where people get drunk for testing practice and have yet to see someone hit .08 with 2 drinks
Not saying it couldn't happen just saying 99% of people caught DWI are full of shit

I have some pretty hard stuff that could probably out you over with two shots.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to have to agree here. I recently attended a wet lab where an average-sized college cheerleader was one of our drunks. Several tequila shots and some a mixed drink later, she never made it above .10
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cuz people who get DUIs fallow the rules lol

It's meaningless, getting a permanent breath lock(or whatever) would probably help more.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm kind of torn.

Anyone who drinks has most likely driven while over the "legal" limit.

I'm all for license revocation if you are involved (your fault or not) in an accident that causes damage of any sort.

But if it's a bullshit stop-and-check with no damage then I'm currently in the no-harm-no-foul ,you get a fine only, state of thought.

I do agree that drinking and driving is stupid.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#12]
No.

Freedom isn't exactly safe.  Why do you hate freedom?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm going to have to agree here. I recently attended a wet lab where an average-sized college cheerleader was one of our drunks. Several tequila shots and some a mixed drink later, she never made it above .10
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many did it take for her to dance topless on the table?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

More than our instructors would let her drink.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Revoked, or suspended? Florida doesn't even revoke your CCW till you have two or more DUI's in a three year period, why would they revoke a DL for it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
what state can you get on OWI in and NOT get suspended??
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going with this. They are way to easy on these shit heads.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

College Cheerleader?     You may as well have used a pipeline welder.
I bet that bitch could hold her liqour at 16.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's meaningless, getting a permanent breath lock(or whatever) would probably help more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually most do.  Its a very sobering experience.  No pun inteneded
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Depends on the circumstances, IMO.  I think the threshold for DUI is too low.  If the person has a rather high BAC or whatever the BAC is (or whatever other things may be intoxicating the person) he is clearly driving in a manner that poses a danger to the public I am more inclined towards harsher punishments, although I don't think they should necessarily be life-ruining if the person is not a repeat offender and has not harmed any persons or their property as a result of his DUI and was not also putting passengers (especially minors and anyone else who may have a similar legal status) at risk.  Among harsher punishments one could certainly include the revocation of the offender's driver's licence.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#21]

I don't think driver's licenses should exist.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.  Just like down in the 'hood.  Ain't nobody got a license down there, but they all be drivin' anyways!

Seriously though, I think licensing should be abolished.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#23]
There are plenty of dam laws.  Why do we need more?

"The more corrupt the regime, the more numerous the laws," Tacitus

What happens to Illegals who are captured DUI?  In California?  We'll probably make you governor.  It's a scam.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I knew a guy who got a DUI for sleeping in his car in the parking lot of a hotel.  

View Quote

I knew a kid busted for DUI cause he had the keys in the ignition to play the radio.  Kid wasn't even in the car, engine wasn't running.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Exactly.  Just like down in the 'hood.  Ain't nobody got a license down there, but they all be drivin' anyways!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got rear ended by a drunk illegal. no license, no nothing. MY INSURANCE got jacked.

thanks.

Don't drink and Drive.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There are plenty of dam laws.  Why do we need more?

"The more corrupt the regime, the more numerous the laws," Tacitus

What happens to Illegals who are captured DUI?  In California?  We'll probably make you governor.  It's a scam.
View Quote

Dam laws are there so your village doesn't flood because of a bad contractor
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The second day of our wetlab, our drunks were four college-age gym rats. The instructors almost couldn't pour liquor in them fast enough to keep them drunk. That was when I learned about how much faster muscular body types metabolize alcohol over the flabby types.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Voted yes because SCREW anyone who drives drunk, but my only issue with that is a DUI shouldn't interfere with them getting to and from work.

I say a DUI conviction should be a mandatory electronic in-tox. machine to crank their vehicle for X amount of years. That plus they should be required to have some kind of placard or flashing light on their vehicle. Nothin like a good public shamin.

You pull their license and they drive anyways.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#29]
queue play stupid rules win stupid prizes arfcom motto

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#30]
only if they own a Droid and they're from Floriduh
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree with this as well.  The right to travel freely was honoured for a long time in this country, but no more apparently.  It is unfortunate that the proponents of state controul over our lives have been highly effective at getting people to accept the idea of "driving is a privilege, not a right."
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The second day of our wetlab, our drunks were four college-age gym rats. The instructors almost couldn't pour liquor in them fast enough to keep them drunk. That was when I learned about how much faster muscular body types metabolize alcohol over the flabby types.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liqour fail.
You gotta use the right shit.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]
They'll drive with or without a license. Take the car for a year, then the DUI can buy it back as a fine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some one always spoils it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#35]

I'd agree only if:

1. The alcohol limit raised back to 0.10

2. Rewrite laws so people don't get DUI's when sleeping in a car or stupid crap like riding a horse.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I knew a kid busted for DUI cause he had the keys in the ignition to play the radio.  Kid wasn't even in the car, engine wasn't running.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a member here that got a DUI because he was drinking beer while operating a tractor in his own field.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#37]
A DUI is a money maker. Look how much money is made off a first offense.
2nd offense, money! 3rd offense money.
You take everones license for a DUI you have no drivers
Then what?

Iam not condoning drinking and driving. Ive been lucky.
The law wont do that, its cutting into alot of cases that go to court.

Blow a .08 or higher,  license revoked?  First time offender? Not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Yes, for an appropriate amount of time

Not permanently though

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd agree only if:

1. The alcohol limit raised back to 0.10

2. Rewrite laws so people don't get DUI's when sleeping in a car or stupid crap like riding a horse.
View Quote

This, and do away with the stupid open container laws. As long as the driver isn't drinking it shouldn't matter if the passengers are, or if the seal is broken on a bottle in the back seat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#40]
No. If you want to make it illegal to drink then make it illegal to manufacture and sell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Revoke?   For how long?

Poll sucks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would be interested in taking that test.  I am 5'1" and around 120 or so.  I can go months without a drink (unlike my younger years), and can feel a difference when I have 2 beers while out.  (I know, I am a cheap date!)
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm agree with this.

The ability to drive does not lie within the possession of a card with my picture on it

nor is the ability lost when it is taken away.  You wanna stop someone from driving,

confiscate their car.  They buy another one, confiscate that.....eventually they will run

out of money.

And if healthcare is a Right, then so should driving be since it is the main source of

transportation.

Yes, in Florida there was a law that stripped you of your drivers license after so many offenses

with absolutely no driving, ever.....They now allow you to get a work permit regardless.  

They found that so many people were being left unable to get to work and provide for themselves

.....and of course, pay taxes/essentially putting them on welfare......and that many of those people

were previously high earners.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Maybe if Driver's Licenses didn't come out of a Cracker Jack box, then people wouldn't risk it to DUI.

ETA: Look at Germany. You get one, and you're done, but it takes years of training, and several thousand dollars to get a license, so you're properly motivated not to drink and drive.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Depends.  Were they actually impaired?  Or did they just blow over an arbitrary number?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Depends on the situation?

Damage or lnjury/loss of life?

Maybe?

Average your blowing a .09 cuff n stuff?

No!!

Yes there are instances where drunks need a bad spanking!

But the grubment has also done a good job of making simple DUI a money making venture! for them!

Our whole system needs help!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Maybe if Driver's Licenses didn't come out of a Cracker Jack box, then people wouldn't risk it to DUI.

ETA: Look at Germany. You get one, and you're done, but it takes years of training, and several thousand dollars to get a license, so you're properly motivated not to drink and drive.
View Quote

But they have a robust public transportation system to fall back on.

Here, not so much.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We have a member here that got a DUI because he was drinking beer while operating a tractor in his own field.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is some bullshit.   Did it stick?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Recidivism is the BIG problem, revocation of license does nothing to stop them.  Neither does impoundment of their vehicle.  Probation officers have their hands tied but I believe most can determine which ones are the greatest risk.  A judge sees the defendant once or twice, the probation officer monthly.  

Interlocks are like impounding the vehicle.  It won't stop them from drinking nor will it prevent them from driving another vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I sort of got one.  

Worked 3rd shift, drank Friday mornings.  Also worked nights on weekends somewhere else.  Got pulled over for seat belt while trying to park.  Said I looked like I was drinking, (I had just gotten up), said no, made me blow.  Blew more than 0 under 21yrs old and got a zero tolerance.  

So word to the wise or the hungover.  You still have that shit screaming through your blood system the next day and it can fuck up your life.

In this instance, the prick judge wouldn't give me a school permit so I had to quit college.  Gave me a work permit though??

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top