Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or, you could teach kids how to handle, use, and respect guns from an early age and remove all the mystique and mis-directed fascination.
Seems to have worked OK for me, my siblings, my children, and everybody else's children I know that were raised the same way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Said it before and I will say it again. If it is not the gun you carry for ccw and you have kids, lock it the eff up. How hard is this to understand?

It's not, but kids are devious and tenacious. Simple measures like "lock it the eff up" aren't always 100% effective.

Or, you could teach kids how to handle, use, and respect guns from an early age and remove all the mystique and mis-directed fascination.
Seems to have worked OK for me, my siblings, my children, and everybody else's children I know that were raised the same way.

That will not matter if they are unstable. Ask Lanzas mother.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
YES on I-591

NO on I-594

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The problem is an intellectually and morally deteriorating population who have been raised with no sense of responsibility or accountability.

This

Yep. One side wants to ban guns, the other wants to make schools more like prisons.  Neither understand the root of the problem, nor will they fix it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the lunch lady saved the day....

"Cervantes explained that when the shooter stopped briefly to possibly reload, this lunch lady ran at him. She grabbed his arm and tried to move his hand. He tried firing the gun and ended up shooting himself in the neck."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/marysville-witness-lunch-lady-grabbed-shooters-arm-to-stop-him/
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the blood tests on the Jerk off.
View Quote

Peyote and fire water
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Require all firearms to be locked and unloaded with requirements for ammo to be locked up separately.

Ban people who are domiciled with mental health patients from owning firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only came here to add to the 30 pages we're going to get....

But yeah i wonder what gun laws the grabbers will hawk on that could have prevented this....Last I heard you can't legally buy a gun, from a person, a gun show, or online if your 14....

Require all firearms to be locked and unloaded with requirements for ammo to be locked up separately.

GTFO
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Said it before and I will say it again. If it is not the gun you carry for ccw and you have kids, lock it the eff up. How hard is this to understand?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The ATF guy just said the gun was obtained legally.

The gun may have been "purchased" legally but it wasn't legal for a minor to take that gun from the gun owners home and onto school property. Of course the MSM leaves out the details like that. The sheeple make the leap, at the urging of the media and politicians, that we need more laws to somehow prevent this when these types of murderers almost always violated numerous gun laws prior to pulling the trigger on their first victim.

\

Also

So if it was up to you and other such short sighted persons these children would of been killed if your beliefs were put in place I bet the girls in the stories would of been raped than killed.

I guess their lives do not matter to people like you who have no clue what you are talking about. Recant your statement and apologize for the ignorance of it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Exactly.  That's because guns and their availability are not the problem.

The problem is an intellectually and morally deteriorating population who have been raised with no sense of responsibility or accountability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not, but kids are devious and tenacious. Simple measures like "lock it the eff up" aren't always 100% effective.

I agree with you a good bit here.  When I was a kid I knew were all the guns were and where the extra ammo was kept.  My 2 year old, upon seeing a gun or a picture of a gun will say "Dadda, gun, be careful."

Having said that, I don't think it made much difference in this case.  Kid knew all about it.  He just decided that some chick was worth dying over.  The only preventative measure would have been someone in his life reading what was going on and stepping in.  

Exactly.  That's because guns and their availability are not the problem.

I would really like to see the statistics on crimes of this nature from the time records of such things were kept, until now.

If I was to guess, I would say there hasn't been much of a change. It is just something that would have been a local news story is now splashed across the worldwide media and the internet within seconds, complete with splashy graphics, a little musical intro, endless commentary and debate.

Stuff like this seems to have happened since the beginning of time. Not that it isn't a tragedy to all the personally impacted parties, but a national tragedy it is not.

Pearl Harbor or 911 = National tragedy
A murder/suicide with two dead and several wounded. Not a national tragedy.
But hey, if it bleeds, it leads. And with an agenda to promote, the media falls all over itself to play it up as much as possible.  
How many inner city black kids died in Chicago in the last 24 hours?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd hope that it doesn't to come down to my kids attending school being the equivalent of visiting to a maximum security prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I usually don't even have to sign in when going to my daughter's school for something, I just go the front office and they tell me where the room I'm looking for is...  No metal detectors, only one campus police officer...  Multiple sets of entrances to the building.

Do you consider that adequate security for your most valuable possession?  A movie theater has better security.

I'd hope that it doesn't to come down to my kids attending school being the equivalent of visiting to a maximum security prison.

???
You think a movie theater is just like a maximum security prison?
What feel good benefit is there from multiple uncontrolled access points?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looks like the lunch lady saved the day....

"Cervantes explained that when the shooter stopped briefly to possibly reload, this lunch lady ran at him. She grabbed his arm and tried to move his hand. He tried firing the gun and ended up shooting himself in the neck."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/marysville-witness-lunch-lady-grabbed-shooters-arm-to-stop-him/
View Quote

The way I read it, the lunch lady used a gun to shoot the perp - just happened to be his gun.

This is a sad night for many families, remember them in your prayers tonight.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is a ridiculous statement by them.  How can someone < 18 years old, let alone < 21 years old, legally obtain a handgun (? Beretta .40cal)?  You can carry on school property in most/many states as long as you have a CCW permit (ETA: which cannot be issued to someone < 18 or even < 21 in most states).
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Is he known as a White Skin then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a white male. But you can bet it was the evil tea party racists that drove him to it.

Correction:  He was a White Native American.

I think this is the "one drop rule".  If you have even one drop of white blood then you're considered white by the left-wing media.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Am I in before new gun laws?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which is a ridiculous statement by them.  How can someone < 18 years old, let alone < 21 years old, legally obtain a handgun (? Beretta .40cal)?  You can carry on school property in most/many states as long as you have a CCW permit (ETA: which cannot be issued to someone < 18 or even < 21 in most states).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know for us in NH someone can be legally gifted a handgun if they are under 21.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think this is the "one drop rule".  If you have even one drop of white blood then you're considered white by the left-wing media.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a white male. But you can bet it was the evil tea party racists that drove him to it.

Correction:  He was a White Native American.

Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Media glorification of what should be a local event...nothing new. I'd like to know the details...Sounds like an idiot in love situation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But yeah i wonder what gun laws the grabbers will hawk on that could have prevented this....Last I heard you can't legally buy a gun, from a person, a gun show, or online if your 14....

You have to be a fucking troll.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is.

I doubt he'll be he long.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#19]
When talking about this with a guy I know tonight he said and I quote.

" I would be ok with the laws written so that guns were not allowed in public and if an officer saw a gun he could shoot them on site"

This is a voting Wa state resident.

That's what we are up against.

I did him a favor and sent him the Supreme Court decision regarding an officers duty to protect..

It won't change a thing.

This guy grew up in a rifle club etc.

Wants handguns banned blah blah blah.

I'm ready to open a line of credit and just buy everything I might ever want and a nice boat with a couple holes in it...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like there may be a family dispute angle working here, possible DV, I doubt the victims are random.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#21]
As soon as I saw Fryberg I knew he was an a native. I'm just hoping he wasn't the kid of the Frybergs I went to school with. I grew up in Marysville and graduated from MPHS. Sad that people these days won't just fight someone they take it to the extreme. Makes me sick, I used to love that town.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Peyote and fire water
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Peyote and fire water

I see what you did there.

I haven't read the thread at all but I was wondering if he was NA.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj4fWdIpvCw

Also

15 year old defends self with gun
12 year old defends self with gun
11 year old defends self with gun
Another 15 year old defends self with gun
11 year old girl defends self with gun

So if it was up to you and other such short sighted persons these children would of been killed if your beliefs were put in place I bet the girls in the stories would of been raped than killed.
I guess their lives do not matter to people like you who have no clue what you are talking about. Recant your statement and apologize for the ignorance of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gun may have been "purchased" legally but it wasn't legal for a minor to take that gun from the gun owners home and onto school property. Of course the MSM leaves out the details like that. The sheeple make the leap, at the urging of the media and politicians, that we need more laws to somehow prevent this when these types of murderers almost always violated numerous gun laws prior to pulling the trigger on their first victim.

Also

Uh oh
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:15:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Marysville kind of sucks these days.  Between the police officer getting shot a couple weeks ago and the incident today at MPHS makes me glad my kids are all grown up and sad that my Granddaughter is in elementary school in this district.  I live less then a half mile from the school and over the last several years, this neighborhood has gone to complete shit.  My son-in law had his car stolen over the Summer as did two other folks I know that live in the same general area, last year literally several hundred tires were slashed within a two mile radius from my house and the police just recently closed down a drug house a few streets over.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I usually don't even have to sign in when going to my daughter's school for something, I just go the front office and they tell me where the room I'm looking for is...  No metal detectors, only one campus police officer...  Multiple sets of entrances to the building.

Do you consider that adequate security for your most valuable possession?  A movie theater has better security.

???

I don't think typical movie theater security is effective. It didn't do anything to stop a mass shooting at the Century theater in Aurora, CO.

How much liberty were you planning to trade for security?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone else notice the items in his and the girlfriends twitter feed?  Lots of sex, "wish I was inside you" kinda stuff.  Looks like the (old) GF slept (as is sleeping) with this guy before she switched to his "brother".

Kids were 12, 13!  WTF is the interwebs selling our kids?  Thank God I'm not having to deal with raising kids.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:24:35 AM EDT
[#27]
What a little punk!  

"Gee, I'm all of 14-15yrs old and this Girl doesn't like me [THIS WEEK!]....I think I'll

kill everyone at the table...."

Hate to say it youngster [Shooter] but,..you're a straight-up FAG.  We've ALL

BEEN-THERE-DONE-THAT.  Yeah, that shit sucks (It always does) but, we (The

VAST MAJORITY) manage to get through it without hurting/killing other people.

Eat shit and die you miserable fuck
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:26:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Anyone else notice the items in his and the girlfriends twitter feed?  Lots of sex, "wish I was inside you" kinda stuff.  Looks like the (old) GF slept (as is sleeping) with this guy before she switched to his "brother".

Kids were 12, 13!  WTF is the interwebs selling our kids?  Thank God I'm not having to deal with raising kids.

View Quote

Believe me, it was going on in some communities long before most people knew the interwebs existed.  Get in some demographic groups and you're not a man until you've fathered a child, and not a woman until you've had one.  Especially back when having a kid meant the government would give you your own apartment and you didn't have to listen to your mama no more.  Saw it working security at a government housing project next to the Atlanta Pen.  Made it convenient for family reunions, in many cases, they could just walk across the street.  Kids had at least one nasty mattress dragged out in the woods they could use, if they couldn't go to the apartment of one of their slightly older friends who already had a kid.

Definitely not the culture I grew up in, but then again, I've never had to live someplace where the rent was about $20/month and everybody got a check from the government because they weren't working.  No wonder they consider those of us who work to be suckers, while they sit around all day smoking and drinking and watching TV.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is.

I realize I'm late to this thread, but it's possible he wasn't trolling, just incompletely addressing a previously posed statement.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Growing up there wa a shotgun in my parent's closet and a 9mm in my dad's sock drawer.  I knew where they were at, but I was also raised to know right from wrong.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Tulalip Tribe Chairman Herman Williams on Marysville, Wash., shootings: 'I am deeply saddened by the terrible tragedy in our local school district. ...Our community is reeling from this experience, so we ask that the media and the public honor the families and our children in this time of grief. Sadly, we are now experiencing what has become a national trend, which we, as a society, must address' - statement

Where's a smallpox blanket when you need it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Do you think those instances are going to lead to a loss of 2A rights, or what happened the other day?

Also

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think those instances are going to lead to a loss of 2A rights, or what happened the other day?

Also

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Marysville kind of sucks these days.  Between the police officer getting shot a couple weeks ago and the incident today at MPHS makes me glad my kids are all grown up and sad that my Granddaughter is in elementary school in this district.  I live less then a half mile from the school and over the last several years, this neighborhood has gone to complete shit.  My son-in law had his car stolen over the Summer as did two other folks I know that live in the same general area, last year literally several hundred tires were slashed within a two mile radius from my house and the police just recently closed down a drug house a few streets over.

View Quote

I left Marysville 13 years ago. It's grown so much in that amount of time I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it at all. I have lots of friends still in the area and they say the town has gone to shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What a little punk!  

"Gee, I'm all of 14-15yrs old and this Girl doesn't like me [THIS WEEK!]....I think I'll
kill everyone at the table...."

Hate to say it youngster [Shooter] but,..you're a straight-up FAG.  We've ALL
BEEN-THERE-DONE-THAT.  Yeah, that shit sucks (It always does) but, we (The
VAST MAJORITY) manage to get through it without hurting/killing other people.

Eat shit and die you miserable fuck
View Quote

these kids don't know disappointment.  They all got a participation trophy.  Their parents did their school projects for them.  They've been told "you can do whatever you want, if you believe in yourself".

They have no learned coping mechanisms.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#36]

witnesses told KIRO-TV, Silberberger walked over and grabbed his arm.
In a two-second struggle, Fryberg is said to have pointed the gun at her before shooting himself dead.

The
shocking account suggests Silberger, a first year social services
teacher and part-time soccer player, may have prevented a massacre at
the Washington school.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Peyote and fire water
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Peyote and fire water

Peyote?  That's pretty funny.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#38]
What is sad is that there is a referendum on the Washington ballot to require universal background checks.  The anti gunners will use this tragic incident as a great example of why universal background checks are needed even though the kid at age 14 could not legally own a gun and has nothing to do with the shootings.  Weak minded people thinking with their emotion instead of their brain will be gullible.  

The harm that is done by the shooting may be greater than the tragic loss of life because it may also result in the lose of freedom for the people of Washington.   You have a major loss freedom when you have to get permission from the government to enjoy an individual freedom guaranteed under the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also

The only way we end up with the loss of our 2A rights is if people like you continue to give them away on compromise because freedom is scary.  We dont need more laws, we need taught responsibility and accountability.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/25/1414213939480_Image_galleryImage_A_shooting_at_Marysville_.JPG

witnesses told KIRO-TV, Silberberger walked over and grabbed his arm.In a two-second struggle, Fryberg is said to have pointed the gun at her before shooting himself dead.

The shocking account suggests Silberger, a first year social services teacher and part-time soccer player, may have prevented a massacre at the Washington school.

Brave Woman there .
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Am I in before they bulldoze the school?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He very well could be, OR he could be answering the highlighted question.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure as hell hope not, my property taxes are fucking high enough as it is.

Not to mention there's already a second brand-new freaking high school in this city ( Marysville ). Fairly small town here 60,000 people but tons of families hence the reason for two high schools in one city.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

THIS.  fucking this. fucking x 1000.  NRA lobbied for armed guards and the left laughed.  well here you go douchnozzle lefties here's your outcome.  

mass-shootings-since-1950s-occurred-gun-free-zones

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a few days ago up in Canada, a man with a gun stops more killing and is wildly appreciated and regarded a hero.

There is a faint clue there somewhere as to how a school shooting might be stopped. I'm sure of it.

THIS.  fucking this. fucking x 1000.  NRA lobbied for armed guards and the left laughed.  well here you go douchnozzle lefties here's your outcome.  

mass-shootings-since-1950s-occurred-gun-free-zones

Say what you want about this being "too soon" but if this happened in my community, I'd be running a picket line to repeal "gun free zones" immediately.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep. One side wants to ban guns, the other wants to make schools more like prisons.  Neither understand the root of the problem, nor will they fix it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Every school my son has gone to so far,  anyone can walk in the front doors and access the entire school. I have been pushing for magnetic door locks like what's at hospitals and traffic control of visitors where they must go through the office which also has a magnetic door lock so that they can't go any further than the first door in the office without being buzzed in to the main school would stop a large percentage of these walk in school shootings. Low cost and an easy fix but it doesnt work with there plan to dis arm us all
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not to mention there's already a second brand-new freaking high school in this city ( Marysville ). Fairly small town here 60,000 people but tons of families hence the reason for two high schools in one city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did MPHS get some modernization/renovations/upgrades when Getchell was built?

When Snohomish built a new second high school, they just about completely rebuilt the old one. Very nice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Every school my son has gone to so far,  anyone can walk in the front doors and access the entire school. I have been pushing for magnetic door locks like what's at hospitals and traffic control of visitors where they must go through the office which also has a magnetic door lock so that they can't go any further than the first door in the office without being buzzed in to the main school would stop a large percentage of these walk in school shootings. Low cost and an easy fix but it doesnt work with there plan to dis arm us all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Sounds like a reasonable basic precaution. Isn't going to do much to stop a kid who is supposed to be there, though. And someone intent on causing harm could just back a pickup truck through the doors. Or a cinder block wall, for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tulalip Tribe Chairman Herman Williams on Marysville, Wash., shootings: 'I am deeply saddened by the terrible tragedy in our local school district. ...Our community is reeling from this experience, so we ask that the media and the public honor the families and our children in this time of grief. Sadly, we are now experiencing what has become a national trend, which we, as a society, must address' - statement

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't think typical movie theater security is effective. It didn't do anything to stop a mass shooting at the Century theater in Aurora, CO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

???

Movie theaters have improved security since then.  They are not prisons but they are vastly ahead of nothing.  Nor do I feel a loss freedom in a secure environment.  Office buildings, warehouses, concert venues, etc typically have controlled access and armed officers present.

Where exactly is the loss of freedom?
Why do you require children to be completely exposed to anyone who wants to harm the most vulnerable part of our society?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that was uncalled for.

I would love to see NA tribes treated like the sovereign nations they insist they are. But that's a subject for another thread.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top