User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still get the Andy Griffith show and Gunsmoke. Those old analog signals never go away, they just keep circling the earth and bouncing off the moon.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting, I had no idea that was even possible but my old TV still has knobs you have to use to change the channel then adjust the rabbit ears and the aluminum foil to tune in. I dare them to try that with me.

Are you sure about that?   Seeing as how rabbit ears don't receive digital broadcast, as all OTA TV is now.

I still get the Andy Griffith show and Gunsmoke. Those old analog signals never go away, they just keep circling the earth and bouncing off the moon.  
Let me know if you can get Hogan's Heroes and Gilligan's Island . . . . been wondering if I should open my TV up once again to the outside-broadcast world with my old wabbit ears .

As it is now , I only use my TV for watching DVD's and as a monitor for my laptop and the "yo-ho-ho" type of streaming slather from the interwebs .

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That'll be a no-knock raid that busts your doors down, and then stations a gov agent / JBT right next to your TV to prevent anyone from physically changing the channel when indoctrination program is on, comrade.

j/k.
(I hope.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting, I had no idea that was even possible but my old TV still has knobs you have to use to change the channel then adjust the rabbit ears and the aluminum foil to tune in. I dare them to try that with me.

That'll be a no-knock raid that busts your doors down, and then stations a gov agent / JBT right next to your TV to prevent anyone from physically changing the channel when indoctrination program is on, comrade.

j/k.
(I hope.)

Equipped with eye speculums too. I suppose. Will they shoot my dog?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a problem with UVERSE, they are 'Working on it'

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could it possibly be a malfunction of an EBS system or test on a particular carrier rather than some sinister WH plot?

http://markfadden.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/conspiracy.jpg?w=283&h=212

It's a problem with UVERSE, they are 'Working on it'

nothing in the verse can stop him

Once the ebolaids is scary enough , and FBHO can declare Marshal Dillon Law , the elections will be suspended and dear leader will declare himself Grand Poohbah for life .

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
How strange....  

Of course, the loonie forum is ablaze with theories...  17pages and counting...

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2679000/pg1?viewallpages=1

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Could it possibly be a malfunction of an EBS system or test on a particular carrier rather than some sinister WH plot?
View Quote

No.

It is always a sinister White House plot.

ALWAYS.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you sure about that?   Seeing as how rabbit ears don't receive digital broadcast, as all OTA TV is now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say again?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Say again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say again?

Unless you have a digital antenna and a newer TV, or a converter box.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
in before

nbc brags of + 87% increase in viewers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's the pic for all you BS'ers.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2i0vv34.jpg

Are you guys that nuts that you don't think the President has the capabilities to do this?  It's part of the EBS....radio and TV
View Quote

This message brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My tv is stuck on sesame street, Elmo is annoying.
View Quote

it is all part of the plan
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say again?

Wtf is a digital antenna?

Unless they've moved the demodulation steps to before the receiver, an antenna is still just bits of metal and insulators.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say again?

No disrespect, but "Digital Antenna" is bullshit ... the rest is correct.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say again?

Just saying my old rabbit ears won't pick up a darn thing on my 5yo TV, but one of the new thin flappy grid antennas will pick up all the local stations.

I thought I remember them selling an antenna/converter combo for older sets when the whole digital thing went down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just saying my old rabbit ears won't pick up a darn thing on my 5yo TV, but one of the new thin flappy grid antennas will pick up all the local stations.

I thought I remember them selling an antenna/converter combo for older sets when the whole digital thing went down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say again?

Well, I don't know anything about your equipment, but an antenna is an antenna.

They all pick RF from a certain direction, or directions, and a range of frequencies.

The antenna doesn't care what information the signal carries, or how it is formated.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Was this a premature button press to advertise the Native American kid in Washington that just shot his cousins a couple hours ago?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Why do you watch TV? Do you actually believe anything that is broadcasted on it?

Serious question.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#17]
TeeVee.... you don't need that shit in your house.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say again?  

Ummm...  Antenna is an antenna is an antenna.  As long as you've got something up that will conduct electromagnetic radiation, you can receive digital TV signals.  Even just a roll of wire will work to pull in powerful signals.  An old UHF/VHF antenna is perfect for picking up digital TV, because most "digital TV antennas" now being sold are just UHF antennas that have been repackaged.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've brought in digital signals with a chunk of coat hanger jammed in the antenna jack.  And I'm 87 miles from nowhere.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've brought in digital signals with a chunk of coat hanger jammed in the antenna jack.  And I'm 87 miles from nowhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
in before

nbc brags of + 87% increase in viewers.
View Quote

I LOL'd.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top