Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2014 10:32:46 PM EDT

I think I'm weird.

I just bought this:

Yep, I waxed it with car cleaner wax.

I just bartered for this:

Yep, I just scotch brighted all the chrome and then waxed it.

I think I have a problem.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a bad problem to have.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I am same way...i have ocd when it comes to cleaning stuff. I will toothbrush and q tip anything I buy used.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am same way...i have ocd when it comes to cleaning stuff. I will toothbrush and q tip anything I buy used.
View Quote

For me it's like I already got a great deal on the item, now I'm going to get rid of all the scuffs and stains and make it look new.  

Like, you couldn't tell I bought it used.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I do.  The best time to do it is when it's a novelty and I want to mess with it.  

After a while it's just part of my stuff, and I'll probably not get around to cleaning it so thoroughly since I'm already using it.  That also lets me find the loose bolts and other stuff that is going to be a problem later.

Works for guns, cars, tools, and most anything else.

Also, cleaning up stuff and getting it working like new is satisying on its own, aside from whatever satisfaction comes from using the item.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Usually only mechanical things, but I even do it to new items. I get a new gun, first thing I do when I get it home is complete disassemble, clean and lube. I don't think I have ever settled for a field strip any time I have ever cleaned a weapon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Since you can't pressure wash a lot of stuff you'd get used.........Mom just never gets anything used. Her motto is she doesn't want anyone else's bugs in her house.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Just underwear...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top