BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What problems go away with "flash badge"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least they don't have an exception so that off-duty police are allowed things which are illegal for regular folks...

What am I allowed off-duty that you aren't?

Also I don't think off-duty means what you think it means.

Legal or not, you usually have a "flash badge, problem goes away" card to play and civvies don't.  Inter-agency pissing matches excluded, of course.

Speeding tickets.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Define real guns in real calibres...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have issues yes, but I get to own real guns in real calibers with as much ammo as I can dream of.

Semi Autos over .22 for example. Handguns period. I can legally own full auto if I had the cash etc. You really want to try and compare your gun laws with mine?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Agent_Funky and Bradders will be here shortly to tell us why the cop needed to be arrested.
View Quote

and how there really isn't that much gun restrictions there and how many great guns they own just like us.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have issues yes, but I get to own real guns in real calibers with as much ammo as I can dream of.

.50 cal?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The queen is unhappy with the peasants.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gentlemen.. we are the luckiest people on earth to live where we live.

Amen brother
You clearly haven't been watching your own news.................  

Please rest assured we can own real guns in real calibres here in the UK. Yes the paperwork is a pain in the arse and the tragic boating accident scenario probably won't pass muster when it comes to the next round of confiscations.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Please rest assured we can own real guns in real calibres here in the UK. Yes the paperwork is a pain in the arse and the tragic boating accident scenario probably won't pass muster when it comes to the next round of confiscations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen brother

Can you own an AR10 legally? How about a semi pistol in 9mm?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]

AR10 with no gas tube as a manually operated rifle = no problem (apart from primary extraction issues!) A semi auto AR10 is a Section 5 firearm (  US equivalent would be a Class 3 / NFA  weapon). Registered Firearms Dealers with Section 5 authority can own them but there is no general civilian ownership of centrefire semi or full auto firearms.

A 9mm semi auto pistol is legal for humane dispatch of deer and may also be possessed and shot as a Section 7 weapon for historic reasons. Historic includes modern firearms as well as your classic Lugers, Mauser Red Nines etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

AR10 with no gas tube as a manually operated rifle = no problem (apart from primary extraction issues!) A semi auto AR10 is a Section 5 firearm (  US equivalent would be a Class 3 / NFA  weapon). Registered Firearms Dealers with Section 5 authority can own them but there is no general civilian ownership of centrefire semi or full auto firearms.

A 9mm semi auto pistol is legal for humane dispatch of deer and may also be possessed and shot as a Section 7 weapon for historic reasons. Historic includes modern firearms as well as your classic Lugers, Mauser Red Nines etc.
View Quote

Way to much red tape to tear through
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]

What about pointed sticks?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree but quite a few of us put up with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Really you guys can keep a loaded AR15 in your home, car or office?  For self defense and against lawful purposes like tyranny?.

No?  Oh that's right you still have a monarchy.

It is our right to keep and use arms against a would be king.  Is that the same as UK gun laws?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Really you guys can keep a loaded AR15 in your home, car or office?  For self defense and against lawful purposes like tyranny?.

It is our right to keep and use arms against a would be king.  Is that the same as UK gun laws?
View Quote

Correct, no Second Ammendment here in the UK.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
From the land where people drive on the wrong side of the road,  drink warm beer,  and eat eel.
View Quote

Wrong side of the road! Do you realise Europe was always on the left until the french changed it?

Basically you followed the french.

Only southerners eat eel by the way, edit again. Our gun laws have nothing to do with the monarchy. It was a knee jerk act of parliament that no pussy government would ever dare reverse.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wrong side of the road! Do you realise Europe was always on the left until the french changed it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the land where people drive on the wrong side of the road,  drink warm beer,  and eat eel.

Typical: This thread is about to get interesting just as I'm going to bed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or concealed carry.......shit you can barely have cooking knives
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Only southerners eat eel by the way, edit again. Our gun laws have nothing to do with the monarchy. It was a knee jerk act of parliament that no pussy government would ever dare reverse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's wrong with copying the French? You mad cause they helped the right side during the revolution?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#20]
half of arfcom would have 10 consecutive life sentences for the ammo we have...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
These people are a lost cause....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2805268/Royal-Protection-officer-arrested-ammunition-personal-lockers-grounds-Buckingham-Palace.html

"A Royal Protection officer has been arrested after bullets were found hidden in personal police lockers in the grounds of Buckingham Palace.
The 9mm ammunition was found in a dedicated 'police station' within the palace grounds and is believed to be from the Metropolitan Police's own supplies.
The officer was arrested at his home on suspicion of misconduct in public office and unlawful possession of ammunition....."

An OFFICER possessing ammo INSIDE A POLICE STATION is illegal?  
No words for this idiocy.

View Quote

What a fail of a country.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2805268/Royal-Protection-officer-arrested-ammunition-personal-lockers-grounds-Buckingham-Palace.html

"A Royal Protection officer has been arrested after bullets were found hidden in personal police lockers in the grounds of Buckingham Palace.
The 9mm ammunition was found in a dedicated 'police station' within the palace grounds and is believed to be from the Metropolitan Police's own supplies.
The officer was arrested at his home on suspicion of misconduct in public office and unlawful possession of ammunition....."

The Police Officer was arrested at his HOME ADDRESS for allegedly depositing ammunition in other Police Officers lockers.

One does simply not fuck with the contents of another guy's locker. Rules.

You're right though, the country is failing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Speeding tickets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least they don't have an exception so that off-duty police are allowed things which are illegal for regular folks...

What am I allowed off-duty that you aren't?

Also I don't think off-duty means what you think it means.

Legal or not, you usually have a "flash badge, problem goes away" card to play and civvies don't.  Inter-agency pissing matches excluded, of course.

Speeding tickets.

What if I told you I never get pulled over?

Also the professional courtesy one officer might extend to another for speeding isn't usually limited to just LEO's. Often times firefighter, ER nurses, EMT's, military, and a few others are all given a bit of leeway (depending on the LEO) when it comes to traffic.

So other than maybe getting out of a speeding ticket I'm not sure exactly what unfair advantage I have over "regular" folks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bloody hell no-someone could poke their eye out what.

Blimey!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

fucked up, but lol because it was a police officer.....who would ostensibly arrest someone else for the same thing.
View Quote

My father was a Boston Police officer for 32 years. Police officers in MA have to maintain a gun permit. My father missed his safety class so his permit lapsed. Police showed up at his house to seize his personal firearms and BPD took his service weapon and launched an IA investigation. He could have lost his pension and been sentenced to five years in prison if they prosecuted him.

We have scared little chickens in the US too.

There's your answer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pointed sticks?  Oh, oh, oh, we want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all 'igh and mighty, eh?  Fresh fruit not good enough for you, eh?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sitting here with a .45 caliber Glock on my hip and a .380 caliber KelTec in my hip pocket, there's another .45 in a case on the bookcase and one in pieces on the gun bench waiting to be worked on, as well as a 6.8 SPC AR-15 that I may put a new trigger in tonight.  That's just the ones not locked up.  The safe in the center console of my truck has two more centerfire handguns, the safe in the back of my office has...umm... let me check the spreadsheet.. we'll just say "over twenty" firearms of multiple calibers, most of which are semiautos.  The only purchase license I have is a Curio and Relics Federal Firearms License, which was used to have two of the handguns shipped to my door, several of the rifles were shipped to my door courtesy of a program to sell military surplus .30 caliber semi-automatic rifles to competition marksmen and instructors.  While to wear a handgun on my person in public requires a license, no license is required to have as many firearms as I wish in my vehicle, and there's no legal requirement to lock any of them up.  Let's not even get into ammunition or reloading, other than to note that a friend was inquiring on Facebook about some 5.56mm ammunition for one of his friends, and I mentioned I could possibly sell a case and just replenish my supply tomorrow when the gun store opens...

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You mean just like the Old Guard soldiers at the Tomb of the Unknown at Arlington?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you know that the Canadian guard/soldier that was slaughtered yesterday by the jihadist was not permitted to have ammo in his rifle?  Same English breed of liberal stupidity.  

You mean just like the Old Guard soldiers at the Tomb of the Unknown at Arlington?

We weren't allowed to have ammo guarding the motor pool or airfield in Germany, either.

The motor pool was full of M60 tanks and M113s. The tanks had a full load of tank rounds at all times. Small arms ammo was kept in a conex - one at the end of each row of tanks. One conex per platoon. In the event of an incident we were to contact the guard shack over the radio. The guard shack would contact HQ and request permission to distribute ammo. If permission was given, the OD would have to give the NCO at the guard shack the combination to the safe and somebody would have to run about 300 yeards to bring you ammo. You're already dead.

Tankers went away and we got Bradleys and Cobras. The airfield was about a mile or so away from the Kaserne surrounded on all sides by farm land. Despite the constant presence of the U.S. armed forces some idiot thought Germans would be afraid to see guns while working their fields so we were only allowed to guard our Cobras with axe handles and no radio. If there was trouble we were supposed to run into the hangar and use the phone in an office that was always locked at night. Every so often somebody would jump the fence. One of our soldiers kicked in the door to get to the phone and received an Article-15 for destruction of government property.

Next time around they didn't bother with the phone. Germans were staging a protest outside the gate. A couple of rads jumped the fence and started spray painting the Cobras. The two guards charged with axe handles swinging and beat them to a pulp. No Article-15s were given.

Germany 1988-1990.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen brother

Practically you are a disarmed people. Lets not pretend otherwise. Yes with a lot of red tape you can own some simple firearms. You can't have modern defensive rifles, nor can you carry handguns or even generally possess them in the home.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Practically yes, we are a disarmed populace. I am not suggesting anything to the contrary.

There is however no 'red tape' to own 'simple' firearms as you put it. Semi and full auto rifles and MGs yes, but as I said, some of us do jump through the hoops.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Semi Autos over .22 for example. Handguns period. I can legally own full auto if I had the cash etc. You really want to try and compare your gun laws with mine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not at all, but GD has this perception that we have no guns at all. We do a lot more shooting than the average US gun owner. We have them because we want them and use them, not just because we can...

...and I simply don't have enough space for all these moderators and unlimited magazines.....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
.50 cal?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

.50 cal?

Yes we can have those, bolt action of course...

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
not longer than 3.5".....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
..so you're the one that's happy with BHO then?....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

What's wrong with copying the French? You mad cause they helped the right side during the revolution?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't hear much French spoken in the US........

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

An officer scattering live ammunition in amongst his colleagues belongings does not amount to lawful possession...

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My father was a Boston Police officer for 32 years. Police officers in MA have to maintain a gun permit. My father missed his safety class so his permit lapsed. Police showed up at his house to seize his personal firearms and BPD took his service weapon and launched an IA investigation. He could have lost his pension and been sentenced to five years in prison if they prosecuted him.

There's your answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

fucked up, but lol because it was a police officer.....who would ostensibly arrest someone else for the same thing.

There's your answer.
Shhh.....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm sitting here with a .45 caliber Glock on my hip and a .380 caliber KelTec in my hip pocket, there's another .45 in a case on the bookcase and one in pieces on the gun bench waiting to be worked on, as well as a 6.8 SPC AR-15 that I may put a new trigger in tonight.  That's just the ones not locked up.  The safe in the center console of my truck has two more centerfire handguns, the safe in the back of my office has...umm... let me check the spreadsheet.. we'll just say "over twenty" firearms of multiple calibers, most of which are semiautos.  The only purchase license I have is a Curio and Relics Federal Firearms License, which was used to have two of the handguns shipped to my door, several of the rifles were shipped to my door courtesy of a program to sell military surplus .30 caliber semi-automatic rifles to competition marksmen and instructors.  While to wear a handgun on my person in public requires a license, no license is required to have as many firearms as I wish in my vehicle, and there's no legal requirement to lock any of them up.  Let's not even get into ammunition or reloading, other than to note that a friend was inquiring on Facebook about some 5.56mm ammunition for one of his friends, and I mentioned I could possibly sell a case and just replenish my supply tomorrow when the gun store opens...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So when are you deploying?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Laughs the man from California! Oh the irony!

Gentlemen, all joking aside, please let the situation we find ourselves in the UK serve a warning to you good people Stateside. In a little over 25 years we have gone from being able to own practically any type of firearm to a very sorry state of affairs indeed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#43]
"I have no live rounds or empty cases in my possession, Sir!"

Someone lied.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Practically you are a disarmed people. Lets not pretend otherwise. Yes with a lot of red tape you can own some simple firearms. You can't have modern defensive rifles, nor can you carry handguns or even generally possess them in the home.
View Quote
£50, a secure gun cabinet and filling a form in is not a lot of red tape. We aren't an armed people because we don't need it yet. That may change...on the other hand we don't have wackos running around shooting schools and other innocents up anything like as often as you do.....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Section 139 CJA 1988 fail! It's 3" or 76.2mm in new money.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because we are a bunch rebellious bastard children
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
An officer scattering live ammunition in amongst his colleagues belongings does not amount to lawful possession...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the hell is lawful possession in regard to ammunition?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Shhh.....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's your answer.
Shhh.....  

A few retarded states do not equal the entire country
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#49]
it would happen in the Us military

Arny
Marines
Navy
USAF
Coast Gaurd
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
£50, a secure gun cabinet and filling a form in is not a lot of red tape. We aren't an armed people because we don't need it yet. That may change...on the other hand we don't have wackos running around shooting schools and other innocents up anything like as often as you do.....    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your violent crime rate like?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top