View Quote
fify

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't CC at Costco. Owner is a Big Obama nut swinger
View Quote

Christ on a crutch, every time Costco is mentioned here.  Once again, that guy isn't the owner, it's a publicly traded company.  And concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
To break even on the Executive membership you have to spend about $230 per month.
View Quote

Im lucky to get out the door for under $230.
We got a $150 check back this year.
You might as well get the executive if you spend several hundred a month on "stuff".
If you get less back than the executive premium over the basic price,  they will refund the difference.
You lose nothing in the end.
All it takes is a few high dollar items,  and we buy nearly all our electronics there now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:05:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Salt and pepper pistachios.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Pacific gold beef jerky
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Costco has the lowest average markup of any big box out there.
In addition to all the sales,  they regularly clearance out slow movers and last few item lots, sometimes at less than a third the original, decent, price.

Unless you live in the woods and eat tree bark, your money gets to someone who doesn't share your political views.
Vendors,  suppliers,  trucking,  manufacturer,  etc.

The money I save lets me buy more things that piss liberals off......
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do not buy their Kirkland brand of beer, opened one, took a drink, and immediately returned the entire case, worse beer ever....they didn't want to take it back, but eventually relented to my wishes. Other than that I'm pretty happy with them.
View Quote

Are you a Bud Light drinker?

The KIrkland variety pack case of beer is not bad at all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:51:42 AM EDT
[#8]
They have some good beer and wine...but since you are in NY I assume they don't sell it.

Meat isn't half bad.

Cheese is actually pretty good.

Bread is ok.

Fruit and veggies are relatively fresh.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sir, lines must be drawn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do not buy their Kirkland brand of beer, opened one, took a drink, and immediately returned the entire case, worse beer ever....they didn't want to take it back, but eventually relented to my wishes. Other than that I'm pretty happy with them.

Sir, lines must be drawn.
No shit.  There's some teenagers that would appreciate that beer.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:29:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To break even on the Executive membership you have to spend about $230 per month.
View Quote

we got a check for $117 this year
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:30:16 AM EDT
[#11]
If Costco were closer for me I'd be a member, I almost think the drive (40 min) would be worth it.

We have a BJ's..but they suck
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:32:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Kirklands Ice Cream is the best you can buy.

Blend with Kirklands margarita mix and make great Key lime milkshakes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:32:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Not sure about other states, but in AZ you don't need a membership to buy alcohol at Costco. I've seen a few people load up their cart w/ wine and hard liquor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Kirkland brand 20yr old Speyside Scotch is tasty and occasionally goes on sale for $40.
Usually is less than $50.
You'll be pleasantly surprised.
A 20 yr bottle of Macallan will set you back more than $200.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The shrimp salad is...
View Quote

YES!

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Can't CC at Costco. Owner is a Big Obama nut swinger
View Quote

What do mean, can't?

I carry every time I go there.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Costco brand mixed nuts.

Costco brand double pack of thick sliced applewood smoked bacon, comes to about $2.50/lbs. and is very good.

Best two deals in the place IMO.

Their flowers are good too for wifey, etc.
View Quote

My trigger to go is when I run out of the mixed nuts.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Depends upon whether one respects private property rights or not. Renters generally don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not saying you can't but store policy is no guns allowed.

Depends upon whether one respects private property rights or not. Renters generally don't.

I absolutely respect their right to not want me to exercise my lawfully protected right to carry.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So do I.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't CC at Costco. Owner is a Big Obama but swinger

I do all the time

So do I.

+3 no signs at all posted at mine
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As a normal consumer, the regular household membership has been great.

If I was in business where I had to entertain clients, set up spreads, etc., the executive is nice.

The quality in food for the price alone was worth it for me. You can find great paper goods, too. Kirkland products seem to be the best of both worlds. Only downside, and this goes for all bulk stores, sometimes you're really not getting a good deal. Coffee, cereal, spices, etc aren't that great for the price.

The fresh-to-freezer packs of chicken for $1.99 for breast paid for the membership, alone.

View Quote

Yep. Tyson 10 lb bag of frozen chicken breast beats Wal-Marts price and the chicken is smaller count (bigger breasts), and I love a big breast.

Fuck their left leanings and fuck their stance on guns. My Costco isn't posted, so fuckem. They have what I want at a price I want to pay. So I buy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep. Tyson 10 lb bag of frozen chicken breast beats Wal-Marts price and the chicken is smaller count (bigger breasts), and I love a big breast.

Fuck their left leanings and fuck their stance on guns. My Costco isn't posted, so fuckem. They have what I want at a price I want to pay. So I buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a normal consumer, the regular household membership has been great.

If I was in business where I had to entertain clients, set up spreads, etc., the executive is nice.

The quality in food for the price alone was worth it for me. You can find great paper goods, too. Kirkland products seem to be the best of both worlds. Only downside, and this goes for all bulk stores, sometimes you're really not getting a good deal. Coffee, cereal, spices, etc aren't that great for the price.

The fresh-to-freezer packs of chicken for $1.99 for breast paid for the membership, alone.

Not something we purchase ... (yet) - Are they skinless / boneless ? I would hope so at $2 lb
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#22]
They sell Optimal Nutritions Gold Standard Whey powder for a fair price. The wild caught sardines are good too.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm looking like a boss though, in head to toe Costco.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#24]
The Kirkland brand beer sampler pack I had a few years ago was not very good but overall the Kirkland food is good.

We buy all our paper products, most cleaning supplies, honey, nuts, olive oil, etc. lots of shelf stable items.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Roasted chicken
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Kirkland-brand 550 round bulk packs of ,223 are excellent.

I think that they are actually Federal M855.

550 rounds for $139.  Not bad.

The Kirkland-brand M4 carbines have mixed reviews.  You get four rifles in a shrinkwrap package for $1550, but they don't have CL barrels and rumor has it they are really DPMS.
View Quote

Ive never set foot in a costco before so I'm genuinely curious, but I think this is some good trolling....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#27]

Oh hell yes!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Consumer Reports rated Costco bacon #1, I would agree that's some tasty pig.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#29]
I like the Sabatino's microwave pizzas, the 5 pound bags of Dunkin Donuts coffee, the 192 pack of french vanilla coffee creamers, the 70 pack of Kirkland waters, the 18 pack of Ice flavored water, the Amy's organic bean and cheese burritos, and those organic rice crispy treats. Also, the three pack of vanilla almond milk and the wild caught frozen, marinated salmon are good.

And don't forget the snack packs of pistachios, the 60 pack of biscotti, the 3 pack of 30 oz Classico pasta sauce, the 5 lb. Peter Pan peanut butter and the 50 count AA batteries.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:33:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I like getting the vacuum sealed packs of chicken breast meat that comes from the excess rotisserie chickens.  Grab a bag of romaine hearts, some shredded parmesan cheese and their ceasar dressing and have cheap and quick salads for a week.

They roast coffee at my Costco.  Love the French Roast.

Their vanilla ice cream is top notch.

The dress shirts, gaberdine pants, underwear and socks.

Car batteries are good to go.  Good prices on good quality tires.

ETA - Got a great 10'x20' temporary garage for like $220 that is high quality.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:34:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Their house brand Merino wool socks are pretty much all I wear anymore, even in the summer. These are a seasonal item. Four pack for around $12-13 last time I bought some (month ago).

Their meat is generally pretty good. Worst part of shopping there is watching $100-200 go *poof* every visit... but it's generally all stuff we are going to use.

Our membership ran out last month, and things have been tight, but I am pretty sure we're going to re-up as soon as we run out of cat litter or TP...

I carry in ours all the time... even if they have a sign, I'd ignore it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Kirkland brand 20yr old Speyside Scotch is tasty and occasionally goes on sale for $40.
Usually is less than $50.
You'll be pleasantly surprised.
A 20 yr bottle of Macallan will set you back more than $200.

View Quote

I've seen other members post about that.

I wish Montana Costco stores carried Liquor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:57:29 AM EDT
[#33]
The chocolate cake.
The Beef hot dogs
The low-salt bacon
The frozen lasagnes
The Italian style frozen meatballs
The chicken pot pies
The batteries
The albacore tuna
The spices
The moist ass-wipes
The milk
The cheese
The deli foods
The beef
The pork tenderloin roasts
The generic drugs
The vitamins
The nuts
The garbage bags
The baby formula
The diapers
The paper goods
The TVs
The camping gear
The eggs
The butter
The frozen burgers

Hmm, what am I missing?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Three.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do all the time

So do I.

Three.

But for God's sake, don't bitch about having to show your receipt on the way out or you'll get raped in GD!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:11:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But for God's sake, don't bitch about having to show your receipt on the way out or you'll get raped in GD!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do all the time

So do I.

Three.

Don't bitch about it at all. It's in the member agreement.  Don't like it, don't be a member.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:08:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Hell, it's worth it just for the yoga pant clad MILFS...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Kirkland's brand is about to become very common around your house.
View Quote
Kirkland 3 pound 100% Colombian Coffee...... 10 pounds of C&H Sugar for what 4 pounds costs @ Safeway.....

When they carried it.... the 3 pack of Lipton's Tea bags...104 bags per box.... 312 tea bags for a decent price.... made lots of sweet tea....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Lunch time, get all the samples, then go again.

and their hotogs
View Quote
Hot Dog & Soda on your way out......

Pay when you check out.... then pick it up.... 1 less line to stand in.....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:54:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

They took the "NO GUNS ALLOWED" Signs down in the Tucson AZ Locations....

I can't speak to other locations....

Get the Executive Membership....

If after a year, you DON'T save the difference between the Executive and the Regular membership, I do believe they'll refund the difference!

I ALWAYS get at LEAST a check for the difference between the basic membership and the Executive, so on a "GOOD YEAR", I actually get my membership for free....

Yes, the owner is "Anti-Gun", but if you knew who else in corporate America was also Anti-Gun, you probably wouldn't be able to buy anything....

$1.99 for the hot dog and soda in CT? DAMN......It's $1.50 here in AZ......

You can take just about ANYTHING BACK FOR A REFUND, ANYTIME......(except TV's and Computers now).......

View Quote
Thought that sounded wrong.........

Watch the Booze for the specials..... every so often they have $3-$5 off instant coupon @ checkout.....

One thing.... they change the location of things every so often, makes you walk down the aisles to find your normal stuff....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

So let's break it down. How does it compare to Sams?  

I don't have one local, but one 100 miles away in San Antonio.  Thinking about it.
View Quote
Closest Sam's is 1.5 hours away.... Not worth it for me.... But a good friend is a Sam's Club  member.....

He lives near one, but 150 miles from me.... When I go visit, I go with him & pick up the stuff I want from them....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Dress shirts for $17.99 - about the same quality as Nordstrom and Neiman's house brand shirts (or Brooks Brothers 1818 line) for 1/3 or 1/4 the price - and better than anything you'll get at Macy's.

The gabardine wool pants are nice for the price as well.
View Quote
They don't fit if you have freakishly long arms...... I need a 37" sleeve......

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#43]

They had mountain house meals.

???
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good dog food but stay away from most treats. They are all made in China.
View Quote

I doubted you, so I looked Kirkland dog foods up and ... it turns out that you're right, their dog food is - in my opinion - better than what probably 95% of Americans feed their dogs.

Fuck those people who feed their dogs shitty dog 'food' (that really shouldn't' be labeled as such).
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I doubted you, so I looked Kirkland dog foods up and ... it turns out that you're right, their dog food is - in my opinion - better than what probably 95% of Americans feed their dogs.

Fuck those people who feed their dogs shitty dog 'food' (that really shouldn't' be labeled as such).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good dog food but stay away from most treats. They are all made in China.

Protein content is key. Ol Roy and the ilk is literally more sawdust than meat.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Calymyrna Dried Figs ...

Open bag, set 'email in the fridge.

View Quote

Yes!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Meats, non-perishable foods, dairy products, TP and paper towels, laundry products, cleaning supplies, clothing, small kitchen appliances, pharmacy if the store has one.  Their prices for tires are usually competitive, and if they have gasoline it will be about as low a price as you can find in your area.

Anything with the Kirkland store brand is typically better than average quality.  For example, their coffee is excellent.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Where in NY?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#49]
My pops lives in the Dayton Ohio area and he told me one is opening up near him.

He has always loved some of the things I have shipped him thru the years from Costco.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#50]
As already said, Kirkland brand and bulk items.  I haven't been able to find a better price on insurance.  We use their travel services and save quite a bit.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top