Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I guess those arfcommers from years back got their wish then when they hoped NYC would have another terrorist attack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see the Islamic apologists are pulling out all the stops to call this something other than it is - terrorism.

I guess those arfcommers from years back got their wish then when they hoped NYC would have another terrorist attack.

To be an American and hope for a terrorist attack is revolting.

To have a terrorist attack and then look for anything possible to call it something else is on the same level IMHO.  Especially after reports that ISIS is encouraging attacks like this.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/feds-warn-isis-inspired-threat-against-police-reporters-us-n224826

So it happens in the US and Canada, and the powers that be quickly try to dismiss it as something else.  At least the Canadians have called it what it is.  If we don't call attacks like these terrorism, then we are way behind on our response.  I have been in LE for over 20 years.  The politicization of law enforcement has only gotten worse, and the mislabeling of this recent attack is prima facia evidence of it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

France24 is reporting he had jihadi ties beyond his rantings on FB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Breaking news now...

"Based on everything authorities have seen so far, there is no indication that Zale Thompson, the man accused of wounding two New York police officers with a hatchet, was tied to any radical Islamist groups, a senior law enforcement official told CNN Friday."

Other than, ya know, all the jihadist stuff on his FB page

The cop struck in the head is in critical but stable condition.

It's interesting that the scum in Canada is considered to have ties with radical Islamist groups because he would visit their websites and had a terrorist friend on Facebook, while the scum in NYC is considered to not have ties with radical Islamist groups even though he did the same shit.

And that sir is the difference between government leadership ready to kick some ass VS one that bends over and takes it in the ass.

France24 is reporting he had jihadi ties beyond his rantings on FB.

http://www.france24.com/en/20141024-hatchet-wielding-attacker-wounds-nyc-police-officers/
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think the point is that any non LEO would probably be held liable if we hit someone while defending our self.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Female was in critical condition. Why lie about her injury?

I wasn't "lying," I was mistaken.

My apologies, the initial report I heard stated she was shot in the leg. I stand corrected.

That said, I'm sure the officer who shot her is having a great fucking day.

One officer gets a hatchet to the head, another to the arm, he responds and accidentally shoots an innocent bystander.

Last I checked, LEO's are human and do make mistakes. This was a bad mistake brought about by a horrific assault.

Let's hang him from the Brooklyn Bridge!

I think the point is that any non LEO would probably be held liable if we hit someone while defending our self.

Go to your local public range... look around. There are reasons why their are bullet holes everywhere including the ceiling behind the shooting stands and it isn't because John Q Civilian decided to put his target there.

I see folks that are armed that have no training or skill what so ever period.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The same day the Canadian PM addressed the nation about the terrorist attacks endured and the the terrorist threats they face, Lurch Kerry-Heinz referred to the attackers in Canada as "radical extremists."

Tough to win a war, or even effectively participate in one against an enemy that senior "leadership" refuses to identify or even recognize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see the Islamic apologists are pulling out all the stops to call this something other than it is - terrorism.

The same day the Canadian PM addressed the nation about the terrorist attacks endured and the the terrorist threats they face, Lurch Kerry-Heinz referred to the attackers in Canada as "radical extremists."

Tough to win a war, or even effectively participate in one against an enemy that senior "leadership" refuses to identify or even recognize.

Exactly my point.  Thank you for explaining it so clearly.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Everyone in a uniform needs to keep an eye out for these ISIS assholes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Breaking news now...
"Based on everything authorities have seen so far, there is no indication that Zale Thompson, the man accused of wounding two New York police officers with a hatchet, was tied to any radical Islamist groups, a senior law enforcement official told CNN Friday."
View Quote

Quoted:

It's interesting that the scum in Canada is considered to have ties with radical Islamist groups because he would visit their websites and had a terrorist friend on Facebook, while the scum in NYC is considered to not have ties with radical Islamist groups even though he did the same shit.

_________

The Leftists in America only consider it terrorism if the suspects were part of the groups in question. Al Qaeda, ISIS, etc... if it is a lone wolf that happens to be Muslim and was inspired by a call to arms.... nope, not terrorism. Hell, the lone wolf can be in direct communication with a terror group and it sti isn't terrorism because the lone wolf wasn't runded, trained, supplied, and sent over by said group.

This shit makes me sick. Call a spade a spade damn it!

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't have one, but Bratton held up a pic of it, looks like something you'd buy @ Wally world or HD, blue handle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics of hatchet?

Don't have one, but Bratton held up a pic of it, looks like something you'd buy @ Wally world or HD, blue handle.
Estwing axes are available in several sizes. High quality well balanced. Is that what he used?  Ban Estwing?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dam....glad i wasnt around Arfcom back then to read such bullshit...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't open that link at work so I don't know what it says.  I heard this on the TV.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eh, that same officer would probably put several rounds in us for trying to exercise our Second Amendment right.

In before the liberals question why so many rounds were necessary.
View Quote

Oh look, a special snowflake.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

And apply a bit of pork lard to line the inside of their hollow points.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Exactly my point.  Thank you for explaining it so clearly.
View Quote

I'm an unoriginal bastard. Instead of blatantly plagiarising, I just quote people who post useful information/insight and add on to what they stated.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We seem to be lucky that the last string of lone Jihadists are pretty fucking inept.  Let's hope it stays that way.
View Quote

I have been thinking this same thing.
Its going to be the ones who have a more solid plan of getting in and out hitting softer targets that will cause some serious fear.
That 1 guy locked down Ottawa the other day. How much fear and anxiety is going to be caused when someone who does some serious planning gets away? Someone with some decent pistol skills could probably have walked up to those 4 cops in NY and shot all 4 of them and ran off. Good thing he was an idiot with a hatchet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#14]
When's the next one?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When's the next one?
View Quote

Stand by, it's coming......
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Breaking news now...

RLY?!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5599/15615852115_422bf7f004_b.jpg

wtf is the deal with Washington not wanting to admit anything has terrorist ties?
Are they scared the vigilantes will come out of the woodwork and start burning down anything related to Islam?
Its like a dam ostrich with its head buried in the sand.
You cannot set a course of action to deal with a problem until you first admit you have a problem.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you think it would be okay if a CCWer hit a cop with a stray bullet while shooting in self defense?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the liberals GDers question why so many rounds were necessary.

FIFY

Personally I don't care how many rounds the NYP shoots, as long as they all perforate a bad guy.  Misses in combat increase the probability of your own mortality.

Do you think it would be okay if a CCWer hit a cop with a stray bullet while shooting in self defense?

No it wouldn't, but he wouldn't be prosecuted if someone was swinging a fucking axe at his head.   See the difference there?  

We can all shoot holes in static pieces of paper that aren't shooting back at you and aren't moving.   Someone shooting at you or swinging an axe at your head changes that just a little bit, no?

What the fuck is wrong with some of you?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They ain't gotta be ept.  A $5 hatchet and a willingness to die almost netted two armed city officials.  

Asymmetric warfare is asymmetric.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We seem to be lucky that the last string of lone Jihadists are pretty fucking inept.  Let's hope it stays that way.

They ain't gotta be ept.  A $5 hatchet and a willingness to die almost netted two armed city officials.  

Asymmetric warfare is asymmetric.

With a piece of pipe, a 40 gallon propane tank, fertilizer, and some rags coated in sodium nitrate the IRA managed to shoot down two British Army helicopters. These lone wolf terrorists could do a hell of a lot of damage if they knew what they were doing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

wtf is the deal with Washington not wanting to admit anything has terrorist ties?
Are they scared the vigilantes will come out of the woodwork and start burning down anything related to Islam?
You cannot set a course of action to deal with a problem until you first admit you have a problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Breaking news now...

RLY?!

No, it's political.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its going to be the ones who have a more solid plan of getting in and out hitting softer targets that will cause some serious fear.
That 1 guy locked down Ottawa the other day. How much fear and anxiety is going to be caused when someone who does some serious planning gets away? Someone with some decent pistol skills could probably have walked up to those 4 cops in NY and shot all 4 of them and ran off. Good thing he was an idiot with a hatchet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Action will ALWAYS be faster than reaction
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

EVERYONE needs to keep an eye out. Especially those in uniform.

In the video of the guy with the hatchet I saw the person on the sidewalk turn and look over their shoulder after he ran past them. What would have happened if that person was aware enough to shout a warning to the police? Obviously they knew something was going to happen since they looked back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Breaking news now...

Sr. Law Enforcement Official huh.  That builds confidence.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No it wouldn't, but he wouldn't be prosecuted if someone was swinging a fucking axe at his head.   See the difference there?  

We can all shoot holes in static pieces of paper that aren't shooting back at you and aren't moving.   Someone shooting at you or swinging an axe at your head changes that just a little bit, no?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The video shows a fairly wide open street. Not that it matters because four different people managed to not notice the guy running at them with a hatchet. Pointing out that this happened as a result of 1. Our country taking a lackadaisical attitude towards terrorism. 2. NYPD having a lackadaisical attitude towards training and 3. the particular officers having a lackidaisical attitude towards being on patrol is not an expression of a dislike for law enforcement. If anything it is a desire for it to never happen again and a sad commentary on the waste of lives and tax dollars that our failed strategy is.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Breaking news now...

RLY?!

Here's why:

If he's not a terrorist, then our mighty government didn't fail in protecting us from terrorists. The sheep can go back to sleep, safe in the knowledge that had he been a terrorist he'd have been stopped before he could harm anyone.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I disagree, they want bitches and hoes and a lot of material goods. They don't want to martyr themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snipped

The next fertile recruiting ground for radical Jihad is the inner city of America.

I can see that happening.

I disagree, they want bitches and hoes and a lot of material goods. They don't want to martyr themselves.

First of all, not all of them just want that, certainly they do not want it as bad as they hate whitey.  

Second, Muslims will not start at the point of telling them they have to quit those things.  I mean, look at all the rapes occurring in Iraq.  In the ISIS view, it is ok to rape non muslim women.  You don't think that would go over well among inner city degenerates?

Islamists are not as "morally pure" as their piousness makes them sound.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The video shows a fairly wide open street. Not that it matters because four different people managed to not notice the guy running at them with a hatchet. Pointing out that this happened as a result of 1. Our country taking a lackadaisical attitude towards terrorism. 2. NYPD having a lackadaisical attitude towards training and 3. the particular officers having a lackidaisical attitude towards being on patrol is not an expression of a dislike for law enforcement. If anything it is a desire for it to never happen again and a sad commentary on the waste of lives and tax dollars that our failed strategy is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, action is always faster than reaction.   You can't have cops walking around in a back to back tactical formation with their guns pointed at everyone walking by on the street.   I can imagine GD heads exploding just at the thought of it.

eta yours and several other members dislike of law enforcement is obvious.  Save your bullshit for someone else.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

Personally I don't care how many rounds the NYP shoots, as long as they all perforate a bad guy.  Misses in combat increase the probability of your own mortality.

This man has a point.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

Oh, he wouldn't, eh?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted: Oh, he wouldn't, eh?
View Quote

Depends on the color of his skin.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

eta yours and several other members dislike of law enforcement is obvious.  Save your bullshit for someone else.
View Quote
I dislike wasteful spending in LE, untrained retards that violate rights because they don't know any better, and dumbasses that hide behind a badge. If you think that's all LE you have a problem. I doubt it's even 25%. It is however, about 90% of LE stories that make it to ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Breaking news now...

View Quote
FUCK YOUR OFFICIAL

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#37]
The officers were at work when this happened.

The administration will probably label this as another routine case of  "workplace violence".

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Not that it makes it ok, but in all fairness at the Empire State Building the sidewalk is wall to walk people at least 10 people deep..in every direction on both sides of the street.   You CANT fire a shot (except maybe into the air) without hitting somebody.  The argument can be made that they shouldn't have shot at all given those circumstances, but there is no good backstop in NYC
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As usual I see they managed to take out a bystander.

Not really -- in NY they usually take out numerous bystanders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/nyregion/empire-state-building-shooting.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

From about eight feet away, the officers confronted Mr. Johnson and when he pulled out his gun, they opened fire, shooting a total of 16 rounds. Mr. Johnson was killed and nine bystanders were wounded.

Not that it makes it ok, but in all fairness at the Empire State Building the sidewalk is wall to walk people at least 10 people deep..in every direction on both sides of the street.   You CANT fire a shot (except maybe into the air) without hitting somebody.  The argument can be made that they shouldn't have shot at all given those circumstances, but there is no good backstop in NYC
Look at that packed street. Look at all the people.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Rookie NYPD Officers Overcome Their Training To Survive Axe-Wielding Jihadi

The officers had to overcome an abbreviated NYPD Academy firearms training regimen that is antiquated and unrealistic, along with the absurdly heavy “New York triggers” in their service pistols that are twice as hard to pull as the standard triggers issued to other police departments and civilians in the United States. The heavy triggers make combat accuracy beyond bad-breath distance for the poorly-trained officers even more difficult. The triggers were forced upon officers in lieu of adequate training after the department transitioned from revolvers, only to find officers shooting suspects, bystanders, and themselves because they were never adequate trained at the Academy to grasp Rule Three.
View Quote

http://bearingarms.com/rookie-nypd-officers-overcome-training-survive-axe-wielding-jihadi/
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FUCK YOUR OFFICIAL  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Breaking news now...

FUCK YOUR OFFICIAL  

Yep - They checked  the bad guys wallet and there was no ISIS, official ID card.
They wonder why they have no credibility.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:Look at that packed street. Look at all the people.
http://media.nbcnewyork.com/images/652*367/hatchet+attack+nypd.jpg
View Quote

It's amazing that guy was able to attack cops, when there are no cops visible on that street!

You sir are awarded most stupid post of the day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You're looking down at a small section of a sidewalk of one side of the street.

Not an accurate representation of how many people are in the area down range on BOTH sides of the street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not an accurate representation of how many people are in the area down range on BOTH sides of the street.
Generally you shoot on the side of the street the hatchet wielding guy is on. Unless you don't notice a guy with a hatchet running at you on a mostly empty street.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Generally you shoot on the side of the street the hatchet wielding guy is on. Unless you don't notice a guy with a hatchet running at you on a mostly empty street.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't profile... had to look away from him when he walked up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes that's it. The hatchet guy just stood there and kindly let the police shoot him as he warned them that he was about to attack.

You're on a roll with these dumb posts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't want to gun down the minority that can't afford an axe cover in a hurry to trim a tree for a disabled Polynesian lesbian? I'd buy tickets to that media circus.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What does your first sentence mean?  

If you mean the officer "deserves" what happened to him you need to do an edit post haste.  

Contact me via IM if you wish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh, that same officer would probably put several rounds in us for trying to exercise our Second Amendment right.

In before the liberals question why so many rounds were necessary.

What does your first sentence mean?  

If you mean the officer "deserves" what happened to him you need to do an edit post haste.  

Contact me via IM if you wish.

I'm sure he'll explain it all away...
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top