BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Crap I love my multi tool what dad they do? Do I have to melt it down and seen it back or just not buy any more?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, and while we're at it, I still won't buy or recommend Leatherman multi-tools either.   Fuck those ATF boot lickers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Agreed.

Crap I love my multi tool what dad they do? Do I have to melt it down and seen it back or just not buy any more?

At an ATF event several years ago Leatherman gave away multi tools with Always Think Forfeiture on the side.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't have a problem with Troy.  Or Horiuchi for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fuck Troy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't really want to support Troy, but the VTAC rail is exactly the kind of rail I'm looking for. Unless someone can recommend a very similar alternative I'm going to buy the Troy ().  

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/DSC06578.JPG

View Quote

Samson evolution.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SLR rifleworks ultralite is similar in concept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't really want to support Troy, but the VTAC rail is exactly the kind of rail I'm looking for. Unless someone can recommend a very similar alternative I'm going to buy the Troy ().

The Midwest Industries SS G2 also available in MLock and KeyMod

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck Troy.  The company hired an employee involved in one of the most un-American actions of our collective recent memory. I won't support them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ALG Defense has a circular MLOK rail as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of these are good options.

ALG Defense seems to be the most similar to the VTAC rail, but it has the advantage of being M-LOK and not manufactured by assholes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

ALG Defense seems to be the most similar to the VTAC rail, but it has the advantage of being M-LOK and not manufactured by assholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I totally spaced on the ALG in my first reply.....I really want the SLR
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Pre hate power

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But Troy sights are kid tested, Mom approved!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't shoot every target in a shoot/no shoot fun house, so I don't need Troy sights.

That ain't right, man.  Funny, but totally not right  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Actually my most recent build I avoided Troy.
But, I haven't thrown anything away either.  So since this happened they lost 3 sights or $300+. I guess that's measurable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#13]
The only Troy product that's ever interested me is their M14/M1A chassis, but seeing as how I've decided to get an LMT MWS308 instead of an LRB M14S I won't be buying anything from Troy. Fuck them and fuck the mother killing and anti-gun cock sucking jack-booted thugs they are hiring. They won't see cent one from this man.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got one set of sights left, and a freefloat tube.. they're on my wife's rifle.  

I would rather neuter a live grizzly bear with a pair of nail clippers than mess with her rifle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I guess I missed what happened with Troy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I missed what happened with Troy.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/the-hiring-follies-of-troy-industries/
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck Troy
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I kept waiting for the principled Troy owners here to post their unwanted products in EE.  Never happened, go figure...
View Quote
Could be other principled Troy owners band sawed their stuff into thirds as opposed to allow their brand name to be seen in somebody elses kit.  Probably not everybody did it.  But I know for a fact it happened. (at least once)

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#20]
"Kid tested mom approved" is way out of line.
Thats like approving what horiuchi did.
Not Cool.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't shoot every target in a shoot/no shoot fun house, so I don't need Troy sights.

That's pretty dark. Somehow it begs for a meme.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I put an alpha rail on my last upper and I like it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't even shoot the rifle their flip sights  are mounted on....I'm so mad. I like wind.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

ALG Defense is damn near the same...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:16:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I have always bought Troy products and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have always bought Troy products and will continue to do so.
View Quote

pepper your angus
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You know I really don't have a need past or present to shoot women holding babies in the face so I pass on Troy products
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Let me get this straight. You were waiting for people who purchased Troy items before the hiring fiasco to sell their pre-fiasco items on the EE as some kind of penance? Did they cover things in your economics courses regarding "sunk cost" and the general stupidity of doing some economic self-flagellation as a karmic proxy atonement for a manufacturer's later sins?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kept waiting for the principled Troy owners here to post their unwanted products in EE.  Never happened, go figure...

How do you know they didn't?

You honestly don't think that their wouldn't be a link thread to the massive liquidation sales?

Let me get this straight. You were waiting for people who purchased Troy items before the hiring fiasco to sell their pre-fiasco items on the EE as some kind of penance? Did they cover things in your economics courses regarding "sunk cost" and the general stupidity of doing some economic self-flagellation as a karmic proxy atonement for a manufacturer's later sins?

My aforementioned comment was not on the topic of simple economics, but of principle.  There was a lot of "I wouldn't use a TROY rail to shovel shit" mentality, I was questioning the chest thumping without the integrity.  The lack of true believers here is comical.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My aforementioned comment was not on the topic of simple economics, but of principle.  There was a lot of "I wouldn't use a TROY rail to shovel shit" mentality, I was questioning the chest thumping without the integrity.  The lack of true believers here is comical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You honestly don't think that their wouldn't be a link thread to the massive liquidation sales?

I'm kinda bummed that their new AK rail seems to be the only one of it's kind on the market. Even so, I still wouldn't use it to shovel AKs into the trash can.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, so you mean you want people to act as if items purchased before the hirings somehow became sympathetically tainted by future actions. I suppose it could be something like a nonliving version of Alexandre Dumas' The Corsican Brothers.

You're not advocating integrity. You're advocating stupidity and attacking a straw man.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Too many other good vendors to choose from to consider buying from Troy.  I've never been impressed with Troy.  I'm not going to support a company that makes very bad business decisions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I never did and I never had any intentions of doing so, which makes any "boycott" on my part a little hollow.
View Quote

I love me some slacktivism.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Only a few mags, which I got for $6 each.  They are just waiting for the next panic.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I like the Battlemags.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:53:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Geissele rail is best rail.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:02:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I worked with Elisheba Weavers Boyfriend out in ND.
Fuck Troy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I have two Troy MCS chassis, both were purchased before the bullshit nothing has been purchased after.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

First Post Nails It.

Not. One. Penny.

Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Troy.

First Post Nails It.

Not. One. Penny.

Ever.

Fuck Troy !
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Troy sucks cock by choice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Never had any Troy stuff.

But after what happened, I never even considered them, nor will I even now.

But I am not into all the do and dahs, so what I need I just get off EE.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#42]
FPNI
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck Troy

Live by the sword, die by the sword
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I will say that if they ever make a "Ruby Ridge Edition" rail, I'd buy it - mostly because of the balls it would take to troll that hard. That kind of Tier 1 trolling deserves a little monetary love thrown their way.
View Quote

Everything they make is the Rudy Ridge Model.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Troy is dead to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck Troy and Fuck HS Precision.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Fuck Troy I sold my mostly Troy upper to a brand new gun owner at a discount along with educating him on what they did he has since built 3 rifles not one Troy part on any of them
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this. I was planning on putting a VTAC Alpha rail on my current build. After reading the TBS article I'm reconsidering... Pretty fucked up...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I have a Troy FDE rail on a carbine.  I bought the rail used on the EE a year or so before  the dumbasses at Troy decided to hire that shithead that defended the murderer of Vicki Weaver.

I have no plans to get rid of the rail but also have no plans to ever buy a Troy product again, either used or new.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck Troy.
View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top