View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go home, you're drunk.

Im drunk.
But Im not home.

Yeah but there's cooler shit where you are.

I thought the Mal/GSD service life was generally/excepted common knowledge, no?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I honestly would have expected more from those two dogs. One was stopped by a single kick right off the bat. The other at least knocked him down but quickly let the punk start pounding on the dog. I think my 80lb boxer could have done a better showing on that punk. I wanted to see both dogs on him and some serious chomping going on. Have our white house dogs even turned into wimps?
View Quote
everything currently occupying the WH is an incompetent POS and the trickle down effect is manifesting itself in many ways,. Had the constitution or freedom itself jumped that fence however they would have been killed to ceremonial applause..

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go home, you're drunk.

Im drunk.
But Im not home.

Mal/GSD takes many forms.
It all depends on what the dog, at that time, is used for.
A capital police Mal may never get really used. You can run for 5-6 years.
A city GSD will get used. You may get 3-4 years.
Its not really a totalitarian measure.
You just have to look at the dog and the service.
IMHO, when the dog shows a weakening, let them retire and enjoy the rest of their life as they have given a service that cannot be repaid.
Again, IM, strong HO.
Same as a veteran. You give me a day on that wall, Ill give you a 100 years...............
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any grown ass man should be able to defend himself successfully from a one on one german shepherd/Malinois attack when out in the open.

The second you get scared is the second that the dog gets the upper hand.  
View Quote

This.  Dog people and people who watch too much tv think otherwise...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:29:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Somebody embed please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktyq3JPQ-N8
View Quote

Every one of those is a guy in a bite suit pretending to get taken down by the dog for training purposes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
maybe the dogs are patriots and are only in it for the retirement
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Going to agree with the grown as man vs dog statement.  As somebody who walked into a lot of people back yards for work, dogs are grossly readable and predictable in how they attack and how they defend themselves once you grab them.  One on one anybody not afraid of the dog is ultimately going to own the dog, the bigger you are the easier it is.  Sorry to burst the bubble of some of the members here but one dog is easily delt with provided you don't just roll over, pardon the pun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Going to agree with the grown as man vs dog statement.  As somebody who walked into a lot of people back yards for work, dogs are grossly readable and predictable in how they attack and how they defend themselves once you grab them.  One on one anybody not afraid of the dog is ultimately going to own the dog, the bigger you are the easier it is.  Sorry to burst the bubble of some of the members here but one dog is easily delt with provided you don't just roll over, pardon the pun.
View Quote

my burble is so busted.

Guess Ill drag ole Tardo out back and shoot him.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Everything at the White House has issues .
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
everything currently occupying the WH is an incompetent POS and the trickle down effect is manifesting itself in many ways,. Had the constitution or freedom itself jumped that fence however they would have been killed to ceremonial applause..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly would have expected more from those two dogs. One was stopped by a single kick right off the bat. The other at least knocked him down but quickly let the punk start pounding on the dog. I think my 80lb boxer could have done a better showing on that punk. I wanted to see both dogs on him and some serious chomping going on. Have our white house dogs even turned into wimps?

This, trickle down has trickled down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Would have bladed at 45, and told the fence jumper "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY DOG! YOU WILL NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY DOG!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And if they weren't scared, but fought determinedly?

Serious question, you're out walking with your kid and through some random happenstance one of those dogs is turned loose on you. Let's say you have no knives/guns/clubs etc on you.

Would you kill the dog, or would the dog kill you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any grown ass man should be able to defend himself successfully from a one on one german shepherd/Malinois attack when out in the open.

You have never encountered a devoted well trained  working dog
retard + old man strong squared with a dash of pissed of woman is the best way to describe it

Seriously dude even if you think you are the baddest motherfucker and pimp slapped leroy brown

a good working dog will fuck you up regardless of your confidence

I use to take people i worked with at the hospital who talked big out to the training center and make bets with them.
i never saw them win. most were stunned by the initial hit and were scared shitless when the biting and shaking took over.

Serious question, you're out walking with your kid and through some random happenstance one of those dogs is turned loose on you. Let's say you have no knives/guns/clubs etc on you.

Your scenario is complete bullshit. I would never be without a gun or a knife. Especially if I was out walking my dogs.

Dildos
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe it's staged. Any threat to potus would be handled much differently if it was a real threat. Think about it! What's the one point being sold here? The fact that all these intruders to the White House were stopped without a "gun" further proving that citizens don't need guns to protect their families. That's why the dogs were so poor at engaging the "threat". I seriously believe the guy was sent in to make a statement and the dogs were poorly trained on purpose.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Your scenario is complete bullshit. I would never be without a gun or a knife. Especially if I was out walking my dogs.

Dildos
View Quote

You don't really grok thought experiements do you? The question we are debating is whether a normal adult male can successfully defeat a working dog one on one. Saying "Hurr durr I'd just shoot the dog" has no bearing on the subject we are discussing, which is why I specifically excluded it. Because we aren't talking a "What would you do if you were out walking and a dog attacked" we are talking about "Can a grown man prevail over a dog."
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I believe it's staged. Any threat to potus would be handled much differently if it was a real threat. Think about it! What's the one point being sold here? The fact that all these intruders to the White House were stopped without a "gun" further proving that citizens don't need guns to protect their families. That's why the dogs were so poor at engaging the "threat". I seriously believe the guy was sent in to make a statement and the dogs were poorly trained on purpose.
View Quote

What are your thoughts on the truth of the 9/11 attacks? Sandy Hook, actual shooting or staged by gun grabbers?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts on the truth of the 9/11 attacks? Sandy Hook, actual shooting or staged by gun grabbers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh shit. Here we go. In for the answers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxrlr8C5jY1r06m1wo6_250.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxrlr8C5jY1r06m1wo6_250.gif

I'm very sorry. I was just trying to join a conversation. I'll gladly just dissappear from the conversation. Didn't realize it would offend
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel like you're setting me up to answer in a way you can make more fun of my unbelieving character because God knows our government and CNN, Fox News etc etc very trustworthy
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Kinda sorta yes.  There are a couple of professional trainers that frequent this forum and hopefully they chime in.  They don't hit to injure if that is what you are asking.  Or do full out body slams on dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they hit attack dogs during training?

Kinda sorta yes.  There are a couple of professional trainers that frequent this forum and hopefully they chime in.  They don't hit to injure if that is what you are asking.  Or do full out body slams on dogs.

A well trained dog gets distraction training which involves being touched, loud noises, pushed, etc.

A dog that releases when startled, hit, etc . Has not been well trained. It's a sign of piss poor training.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Dildos
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

retard + old man strong squared with a dash of pissed of woman is the best way to describe it

Seriously dude even if you think you are the baddest motherfucker and pimp slapped leroy brown

I use to take people i worked with at the hospital who talked big out to the training center and make bets with them.

i never saw them win. most were stunned by the initial hit and were scared shitless when the biting and shaking took over.

Dildos

Not to mention a random dog on the street does not equal a trained working dog... at all...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#22]
A cop I know just showed me his working dog this morning - a Dutch Shepherd.  It was pretty small compared to my GSD.  It was all friendly looking until I got to close to the window cage on his SUV and the dog flipped shit barking and snapping at me.  I think he would have liked that fence jumper.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My dawg would have left with a bodypart, they are supposed to be tough, judging from what I saw my gsd would kill both those dogs in just a few seconds

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dawg would have left with a bodypart, they are supposed to be tough, judging from what I saw my gsd would kill both those dogs in just a few seconds

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Even owning a REAL dog is like having a teenage son that is a state wrestling champion.  You had better have established a level of respect early on.  I have had both.  My current Boerboel weighs what TWO Malinois do, and can run down my girlfriends 50lb terrier.  He is impervious to pain when he is focused.  

If a stranger came running into my property, they would be DOWN.  If anyone threatened myself or my girlfriend, there would be broken/crushed bones.  

I am by no means an expert, but the videos I've seen of police dogs, then, yes, if you can think straight with a dog latched onto your arm then you may be able to win the fight with your free arm.  IF you can stay calm.

With a dog like mine, bred to protect the farm in South Africa, not so much.
View Quote

Boerboels are badass.  Do you have any pics?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I feel like you're setting me up to answer in a way you can make more fun of my unbelieving character because God knows our government and CNN, Fox News etc etc very trustworthy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a simple question. It's not a setup, and I haven't (so far) made any fun of you.

Are you a 9/11 truther?
Do you think Sandy Hook was staged?

Two simple yes/no questions. And, as all truthers love to say, I'm just asking questions.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#27]
A lot of people in this thread are the dog equivalent of the "One stop shot .45acp will blow a hole clean through you!" folks. Accepting realistic limitations of a person/weapon/thing is not an insult to that person/weapon/thing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's a simple question. It's not a setup, and I haven't (so far) made any fun of you.

Are you a 9/11 truther?

Two simple yes/no questions. And, as all truthers love to say, I'm just asking questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a 9/11 truther?

My bad dude. I'm not sure about those situations. Not sure people would allow casualties for a cause but these White House break ins are suspicious to me
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Need to see GD badass's pick this sucker up over their heads, with arms missing
View All Quotes
What kind of dog is that? That thing is beastly as hell.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Another angle of the fence jumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhJP0lERFek
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I bet you couldn't beat my dog off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have.

I have destroyed dogs bent on destroying me on more than one occasion , it isn't at all difficult, one just needs to proper mindset.

I bet you couldn't beat my dog off.

Nice.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed, both dogs should have been released.  It would have been a different story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw this yesterday and it pissed me off. The 1st dog seems to be called off after the kick. If you look close, the 2nd dog is still on a damn leash! That's how the guy got the best of the 2nd dog. Dog can't do his job when he/she is being restricted by a freaking leash!!

Agreed, both dogs should have been released.  It would have been a different story.

Smithers, release the hounds!  

Saint Peter
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't know much about actual bite training nor K9 breeds.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dogs spent too much time with Columbian hookers. Lost their killer instinct.
View Quote

This, cause I have a 84-Lb. Lab that would have made that both those "secret dogs" look like lap pups..............
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This, cause I have a 84-Lb. Lab that would have made that both those "secret dogs" look like lap pups..............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dogs spent too much time with Columbian hookers. Lost their killer instinct.

Oh, your Lab is in heat?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You are right that Mals are generally a bit lighter than GSDs.  In many cases this lighter weight comes in handy.  Sometimes you have to help a dog over a barrier that you will then crawl over yourself.  Having a bit less overall weight, the Mal ends up a bit faster.    

If you are really going to go with extremes, the dogs to use would be a Black Russian Terrier...120-140 lbs is even harder to man-handle than 100 (and really a proper GSD that is on the big side is probably more like 90lbs)

http://www.midnightsolo.com/photos/Fun%20Day2010/IMG_8331.jpg

or  a Boerboel, Bullmastiff, or other heavyweight dog of attack lineage.  Good luck hoisting a Boerboel over your head to toss him over a fence he can't climb himself though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, this was a good excuse to educate myself on the breed. So I've been reading up on the breed malinois and have to admit I am impressed by what I am reading. I just think that one of the two dogs we saw in that video might not be too well suited for the job:
1. Jordan is a 5 year old tan and black malinois and jmho is just not confident/fearless enough for that job. Either the training was too soft on him or his personality is just not suited for that role. There is no way on earth that that stupid kick should have in any way deterred that dog. I'd retire him or move him to duty that doesn't require a lay down your life attitude.
2. Hurricane I think did a good job considering he was handicapped by having a long leash attached to him the entire time. No fear displayed and he did knock the guy down on the initial surge. Just wasn't strong enough to keep the guy down solo which isn't so much a bad on him as it is a limitation of the breed being 65-75lb vs 90-100lb for a german shepherd.

That leads me to my thought that I personally would rather have german shepards for that type of scenario. I can assure you that skinny punk would not have been throwing a GSD around nearly as easily as the malinois and had they sent 2 german shepherds on him... he would have certainly been on the ground and locked down.

I have to say that given what I've seen with the two fence jumpers plus what happened in Canada... I'd be beefing up the white house if I was them.
You are right that Mals are generally a bit lighter than GSDs.  In many cases this lighter weight comes in handy.  Sometimes you have to help a dog over a barrier that you will then crawl over yourself.  Having a bit less overall weight, the Mal ends up a bit faster.    

If you are really going to go with extremes, the dogs to use would be a Black Russian Terrier...120-140 lbs is even harder to man-handle than 100 (and really a proper GSD that is on the big side is probably more like 90lbs)

or  a Boerboel, Bullmastiff, or other heavyweight dog of attack lineage.  Good luck hoisting a Boerboel over your head to toss him over a fence he can't climb himself though.

Please tell me about your personal experience with the BRT.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#37]
This thread

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He's adopted his 8 year old neighbor girl as his girlfriend.  They are ridiculously cute together.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/1_zps8e0f2306.jpg

I told the breeder I want the next dog they retire!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to be in the "Any grown man could whoop a dogs ass if he keeps his cool and fights" camp, but then I met Officer Dingo.  

Dingo (a Belgian Mal) is now retired and living with my friend, but in his previous life he was with Phoenix PD and Denver SWAT.  He is 75lbs of pure bred fuck-you-up.  Even with protective gear on it's scary doing bite training with him.  He's helicopter trained, he can climb up and down ladders, and he doesn't flinch around flashbangs or gunfire (I got to watch him do a tactical demo by his former SWAT handler).  The dog is calm as a bomb until given the command to go into full apeshit mode.

A dog like him would have fucked that guy up.

Dingo likes belly rubs from kids as well doesn't he

He's adopted his 8 year old neighbor girl as his girlfriend.  They are ridiculously cute together.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/1_zps8e0f2306.jpg

I told the breeder I want the next dog they retire!

Dog is saying, "Touch the girl.  I double-dog dare ya..."
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#39]
So this is now a picture thread??......

I'm down with that !

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm down with that !

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx343/mookamae/sharknadoodin_zps98089ead.jpg
View Quote

The good shepherd wherever the kids be she be

She is just an 80Lb pet no match for the likes of ARF GD

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

you win
View All Quotes

I'm trying to help promo the trial this weekend....
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
didn't realize this one was still going but since others are doing the my dog is best bit... Here is mine, 81lbs of german boxer muscle ready to kick butts and take names. He is great at sensing bad guys so could never work at the white house. It would probably be frowned on if he went after BHO every time he walked by!

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#45]
I just came here to post one of my all time favorite videos...

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/pR3R1b9.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm down with that !

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx343/mookamae/sharknadoodin_zps98089ead.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pR3R1b9.jpg

and it would just be wrong is someone didn't comment on how nice that view looked! Fine dog and I would imagine about as happy a setting as a dog could ask for right there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just came here to post one of my all time favorite videos... http://youtu.be/qfi5FVs63Jo

View Quote

and that video is what I expected the white house dogs to be like! Loved that one clip with the dog flying over the car to bust that guy and both go tumbling!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#48]
This one always impressed me (hopefully embedding works):
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xnxv2Ztdxos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnxv2Ztdxos&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXnxv2Ztdxos&has_verified=1
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#49]
would it be wrong of me to be mentally cheering for the dogs to kill that SOB hurling bricks? That one GSD had him by the head and was pulling him like a tug toy!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, this was a good excuse to educate myself on the breed. So I've been reading up on the breed malinois and have to admit I am impressed by what I am reading. I just think that one of the two dogs we saw in that video might not be too well suited for the job:

1. Jordan is a 5 year old tan and black malinois and jmho is just not confident/fearless enough for that job. Either the training was too soft on him or his personality is just not suited for that role. There is no way on earth that that stupid kick should have in any way deterred that dog. I'd retire him or move him to duty that doesn't require a lay down your life attitude.

2. Hurricane I think did a good job considering he was handicapped by having a long leash attached to him the entire time. No fear displayed and he did knock the guy down on the initial surge. Just wasn't strong enough to keep the guy down solo which isn't so much a bad on him as it is a limitation of the breed being 65-75lb vs 90-100lb for a german shepherd.

That leads me to my thought that I personally would rather have german shepards for that type of scenario. I can assure you that skinny punk would not have been throwing a GSD around nearly as easily as the malinois and had they sent 2 german shepherds on him... he would have certainly been on the ground and locked down.

I have to say that given what I've seen with the two fence jumpers plus what happened in Canada... I'd be beefing up the white house if I was them.

Never had any.  Never intended to give the impression I have.  Simply stating that if someone is going to say a GSD is better than a Mal due to it being heavier which means harder to throw around, then why stop there?  There are plenty of athletic dogs which can be trained to be police dogs, and some of these dogs outweigh a GSD by a significant margin.

Let me expand by saying I was actually being facetious to a degree.  If you have one available dog, you'd not want that dog to be big and heavy because in many cases that weight and size will get in the way.  (A Mal or GSD can get over pretty tall obstacles.  In my experience Bull Mastiffs don't have as good of ability to get over tall obstacles, and because they are heavier, lifting/tossing over becomes much more difficult).  I also recognize that really in many cases the dog succeeds in his task simply by delaying the human target.  The dog doesn't have to defeat the criminal just slow him up enough for the humans with boomsticks to arrive.  In this regard the Mal does fine.

HOWEVER if it is a situation where two or more dogs are going to be available, I think there would be a lot of utility in having a lighter, faster, dog (Mal) paired with a heavier take-down dog...probably a dog that is heavier than your average working line GSD (note working line GSD tend to be smaller than pet and/or show lines), something like a BRT, Rott, whatever.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top