BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the handlers here- Are the dogs collars fit loosely  enough that they would pull off over their heads if the perp grabbed the collar?  It seems that if the perp is strong enough to lift the weight of the dog over his head, that the dog would be in trouble with a tight collar on. Get a grip on the collar of an 80lb dog and you could smash him on everything and anything nearby. He will chew the shit out of you, but I agree that an 80lb dog could be killed by someone strong enough, and crazy enough to try. I'm talking about a one-on-one situation with a vicious dog, not one that has armed police following along and backing him up.

View Quote

take a 5 gallon bucket full of liquid and hold it out at arms reach pretend it has teeth and writhing about and can twist its spine to attack your face /hands / arm

pretty sure dog will get numerous good bites in on your head / face / neck / arms / hands before it goes out
its possible but so is winning the lottery  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Even owning a REAL dog is like having a teenage son that is a state wrestling champion.  You had better have established a level of respect early on.  I have had both.  My current Boerboel weighs what TWO Malinois do, and can run down my girlfriends 50lb terrier.  He is impervious to pain when he is focused.  

If a stranger came running into my property, they would be DOWN.  If anyone threatened myself or my girlfriend, there would be broken/crushed bones.  

I am by no means an expert, but the videos I've seen of police dogs, then, yes, if you can think straight with a dog latched onto your arm then you may be able to win the fight with your free arm.  IF you can stay calm.

With a dog like mine, bred to protect the farm in South Africa, not so much.
View Quote

Good point
The smarter dogs know in training to go for the bite sleeve in the real world the smart dogs will grab and reacquire what ever they think they need it's not always going to be an arm

Ask that police dog named Scooby what it has for snacks  

Simply put a dogs power is at least 3:1 a humans power and they are a lot smarter than people think and very focused on whatever task at hand
pain is not going to even phase them you have to disrupt CNS or physically break something to get them not to use it

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Bang, Bang.......Bang!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bang, Bang.......Bang!
View Quote

sure of course but the badasses here said they could kick a dogs ass unarmed
they are not as easy to hit when focused on you as you would think
but of course biped with a firearm wins
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yea, do you? A decent entry would look more committed like this one.

http://youtu.be/y7L4XNW-Ktw

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no way of knowing if they were tested and to what degree, or how often they are currently being trained or what there standards are. I do know the first dog had a shitty entry and did not want to be their in the fight. I do see shitty police dogs all the time.

0 for 2 this time.

Or we can just admit that the real job of the dog was achieved.  As proven, others won't admit to that. Oh well.

0 for 2 ? LOL, how the fuck would I be privy to how the secret service tested, trained and maintained training on these two specific dogs? I do know from my experience training PSA to a level 3 that the first dog sucked and had a shitty entry and did not reengage. If the first dog "did his job" he would have engaged the perp and stayed engaged.
Another one, do you know what the dog"s job is ? Or what he was commanded to do?  

Yea, do you? A decent entry would look more committed like this one.

http://youtu.be/y7L4XNW-Ktw

I approve of this  coup d'état...

P.S. Why are you not training?

P.S.S. Dinner is ready.....

The PSA Western Regional is happening this weekend just West of Big Town Center in Mesquite TX. The public is welcome and there is no admission to watch it...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bang, Bang.......Bang!

I guess you chose to ignore the whitehouse lawn video.  It's okay, it's not like that is what this thread was discussing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
They were organically fed free range rescue dogs community organized from a non-judgmental litter....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is some enhanced video.

It was the topic of discussion all day.

Linky
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like the first dog was called off after getting kicked in the head. Dog number 2 got the job done.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#10]
OK. Watched that video.  Those dogs were NOT a threat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Guy should have been shot especially after what happened in Canada earlier that day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Guy should have been shot especially after what happened in Canada earlier that day.

So the penalty for treaspassing on the kings lawn is execution? Are you SURE you want to start doing that? What's going to start happening to people that protest in front of the White House? People that get too close to the Presidential Motorcade?

Quoted:
Dogs probably fear the Officer Wilson treatment by the press, so they're hesitant.

Probably this. "How come they didn't just talk nicely to him? Why'd they release assault dogs on the poor unarmed man?"

Edit: I've been the dude in the bite suit once, and the dog managed to drag me to the ground. Sure I could have beat up the dog quite a bit, but that dog would have done way more damage to me in the process. You cannot simply fight off a good working dog.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What are the charges against me if I hurt the dog?  

And the video is proof that one on one, the dog isn't much of a match to a man that doesn't cower in to a ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any grown ass man should be able to defend himself successfully from a one on one german shepherd/Malinois attack when out in the open.

The second you get scared is the second that the dog gets the upper hand.  

You busy this Sunday? We have bite-work starting at 11.

What are the charges against me if I hurt the dog?  

And the video is proof that one on one, the dog isn't much of a match to a man that doesn't cower in to a ball.

I know several people who have been attacked by dogs, one was bit several times and had to have surgery in that case the dog in question was a large pit bull and bitee killed the dog with a broken shovel handle. Bitee was working in a rough area in California and on the way home from a scrap yard was attacked by the dog. Apparently it was an aggressive dog that got loose from its chain and escaped it's fenced yard.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
OK. Watched that video.  Those dogs were NOT a threat.
View Quote

I would have expected dramatically better results from 2 dogs like that.

They got the perps attention, redirected his plans, but purely from force on force perspective, not real impressive to say the least.

I get it, not LE K9's, clearly not trained, but I'd expect from a pure aggression point of view, something a lot more like ^^^ that.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#14]
IMO the dogs should have been released one at a time, off leash, one kept back, none of this leash bullshit.

We have 5 working dogs, (2) Dutch Shepherds and (3) German Shepherds (Czech), I will take Dutchies any day over anything. I love Mals, but I just love the strength of the Dutchie.

My friend who trains dogs for DOD prefers Dutchies over Mals (when he works in Afghanistan). It truly is a personal preference.

It wasn't the dogs fault that this failed, it was the handlers, the Mals were more then capable.

A nice Dutch

http://youtu.be/AJ4oNXMU55E

Two of my boys have this beast in their pedigree, love him.

http://youtu.be/rTcPAeJvgqQ
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Are these primary sniffer dags with just a little secondary dogjitsu training?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are these primary sniffer dags with just a little secondary dogjitsu training?

View Quote

http://youtu.be/XXR19Gk4s0Y
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#17]
More about Mals

http://bayareadogtrainer.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/note-to-the-american-public-belgian-malinois-look-dont-touch/
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You have never encountered a devoted well trained  working dog
retard + old man strong squared with a dash of pissed of woman is the best way to describe it

Seriously dude even if you think you are the baddest motherfucker and pimp slapped leroy brown

a good working dog will fuck you up regardless of your confidence
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any grown ass man should be able to defend himself successfully from a one on one german shepherd/Malinois attack when out in the open.

retard + old man strong squared with a dash of pissed of woman is the best way to describe it

Seriously dude even if you think you are the baddest motherfucker and pimp slapped leroy brown

I've seen a lot of so called bad-ass dogs but I've yet to see this bionic dog of which you speak. A healthy grown man should be able to defend himself from almost all breeds of dogs. If the man is scared or the dog immediately gets a lucky bite (throat or major artery) the dog will probably win.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed, both dogs should have been released.  It would have been a different story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw this yesterday and it pissed me off. The 1st dog seems to be called off after the kick. If you look close, the 2nd dog is still on a damn leash! That's how the guy got the best of the 2nd dog. Dog can't do his job when he/she is being restricted by a freaking leash!!

Agreed, both dogs should have been released.  It would have been a different story.

Dogs are pack animals, if they had been allowed to attack on their terms they would have shredded that idiot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
A hundred  pounds of dog is not the same as a hundred pounds of couch potato.
I've seen MP dog demonstration.   dog was fast, strong and determined.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#21]
When I got my GSD I took her to obedience training at a local Schutzhund club. Never did bite work or tracking with her, just obedience.

I did wear the sleeve for a while for lots of dogs. All the dogs at the club competed in Schutzhund, but only one had off field working experience. They wouldn't let me take a bite from him until I'd taken 100 bites from the other dogs.

He retired from the Israeli military, and his handler moved to America with him. I've fought Rott's, Dobe's, GSD's, Malinois, and some mixed breeds that train for Schutzhund, but not real world.

Fighting a sport dog is easy as a decoy. Fighting Cesar, a trained attack K9, I can understand why they required a minimum number of bites to see if you could handle him. He dislocated my shoulder, and I fell on top of him. He would have kept going if he hadn't been called off. I weighed about 180 at the time, so not a small weight falling on an 85 pound dog, but it didn't faze him at all.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#22]
While I would not like to test my theory, I believe that you have a much better chance of winning, IF you can focus, against a dog that is professionally trained to subdue and detain.  They are are specifically trained to take you down and keep you. You can still fight against being detained.

A dog that is bred to ELIMINATE the threat is completely different.  And as I described earlier, a much more capable dog.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Couple of these ought to do it

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#24]
That guy was clearly aggressive and violent.

Needs more hollow point!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not all critters are equal, and using weight doesn't always matter.

You can't really measure how smart an animal is vs other animals including humans by just weighing their brains.

I hope you realize that pound-for-pound chimpanzees are more powerful than humans.  Same with dogs.  Just like we evolved a very powerful brain per unit weight, they developed very powerful muscles per unit weight.

A highly skilled fighter who knows specifically what to do could use is greater weight along with some specific techniques (feed the dog your arm then fall on it, feed the dog your arm then pick up dog and continue to run) but these techniques are like an unarmed man vs a skilled knife fighter...if you are good you can probably win but you aren't coming out unharmed.  It also takes more than a split second.

But i agree with everyone else, the first dog was 'discouraged' way to easily.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  I'd love to see a GD badass attempt to beat down a police K9 GSD or BM. I once tried to break up two fighting dogs (GSD and Akita mix).  I foolishly stuck my arm in between them while attempting to break up the fight.  In a fraction of a second, I was bitten in the upper arm by the GSD as he was going for the Akita.  My arm was instant Jello.  I literally could not lift it; it was like having it instantly fall asleep after laying on it wrong all night.  My arm later turned black from my elbow to my shoulder.  Thank God, the dog immediately realized his mistake.  He walked away shamefully and the fight stopped.  Had that GSD actually intended to do me harm, I would have been in a tough spot.  

I was about 30 years old, 6' tall and a very fit 175 pounds when this occurred.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Serious question. Would a local department ever use a volunteer? I'd do this in a heartbeat. Not in any sense to see if I could "whip" the dog, but just for the experience.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Exclusive interview with one of the dogs in the video:

"I think I smell a knife at the northeast corner"

TriumphRider

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Serious question. Would a local department ever use a volunteer? I'd do this in a heartbeat. Not in any sense to see if I could "whip" the dog, but just for the experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a club members friend that wanted to take a bite for the thrill of it. This was the result of a short send from about ten feet away.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Ok, this was a good excuse to educate myself on the breed. So I've been reading up on the breed malinois and have to admit I am impressed by what I am reading. I just think that one of the two dogs we saw in that video might not be too well suited for the job:

1. Jordan is a 5 year old tan and black malinois and jmho is just not confident/fearless enough for that job. Either the training was too soft on him or his personality is just not suited for that role. There is no way on earth that that stupid kick should have in any way deterred that dog. I'd retire him or move him to duty that doesn't require a lay down your life attitude.

2. Hurricane I think did a good job considering he was handicapped by having a long leash attached to him the entire time. No fear displayed and he did knock the guy down on the initial surge. Just wasn't strong enough to keep the guy down solo which isn't so much a bad on him as it is a limitation of the breed being 65-75lb vs 90-100lb for a german shepherd.

That leads me to my thought that I personally would rather have german shepards for that type of scenario. I can assure you that skinny punk would not have been throwing a GSD around nearly as easily as the malinois and had they sent 2 german shepherds on him... he would have certainly been on the ground and locked down.

I have to say that given what I've seen with the two fence jumpers plus what happened in Canada... I'd be beefing up the white house if I was them.
View Quote
You are right that Mals are generally a bit lighter than GSDs.  In many cases this lighter weight comes in handy.  Sometimes you have to help a dog over a barrier that you will then crawl over yourself.  Having a bit less overall weight, the Mal ends up a bit faster.  

If you are really going to go with extremes, the dogs to use would be a Black Russian Terrier...120-140 lbs is even harder to man-handle than 100 (and really a proper GSD that is on the big side is probably more like 90lbs)

or  a Boerboel, Bullmastiff, or other heavyweight dog of attack lineage.  Good luck hoisting a Boerboel over your head to toss him over a fence he can't climb himself though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What kind of dogs are they? Malinois, Shepards?
View Quote

We talked about this tonight.  I assume they were Malinois, I think they should have Malinois for the initial take down and then let Pit Bulls follow to break the bones & sever the limbs.  Messages like that get spread around.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We had a club members friend that wanted to take a bite for the thrill of it. This was the result of a short send from about ten feet away.  

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx343/mookamae/girl6.jpg
View Quote

HECK... YES! I like her spirit .

Looks like a good time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Looks like a good time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx343/mookamae/girl6.jpg

Looks like a good time.

She was a cool gal. She got up and did it again. The next week she was skydiving.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I help look after a buddies kennel when he is out of town.  I've had about every type of dog there is come after me, have yet to lose any skin anywhere but my left ankle, and that was an old ass collie that snuck me.  Anyone that knows shit about dogs should be able to defend against a dog.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

+1.  I'd love to see a GD badass attempt to beat down a police K9 GSD or BM. I once tried to break up two fighting dogs (GSD and Akita mix).  I foolishly stuck my arm in between them while attempting to break up the fight.  In a fraction of a second, I was bitten in the upper arm by the GSD as he was going for the Akita.  My arm was instant Jello.  I literally could not lift it; it was like having it instantly fall asleep after laying on it wrong all night.  My arm later turned black from my elbow to my shoulder.  Thank God, the dog immediately realized his mistake.  He walked away shamefully and the fight stopped.  Had that GSD actually intended to do me harm, I would have been in a tough spot.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD is full,of badasses
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I agree that with some dogs if you can take the bite you can strangle and/or kill them. Have an 85 pound male GSD now that has bit to protect my wife.

My previous 125 pound male Akita was a totaly different animal. Much stronger, meaner and tougher. Big men had tried to hang onto him and no one ever could. That was a dog that could mess someone up. I don't care who you are, if you didn't have a good weapon you would be mangled.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#37]
The two Mals did their job well. My Mal bitch is nearly 80 lbs. of sweet, loyal powerhouse. But, if you are a threat to our pack she will be on you and can't run or hide from her nose. The breed is beyond most peoples willingness to invest the time, money and commitment. Super intelligent, sensitive and perceptive. Yes, I am a fan of the breed but definitely not to be considered as a breed choice for most people.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Two dogs.....what is the drill when 50 Isis thugs jump the fence at the same time? The White House doesn't look too safe to me. I hope things are more safe than they  appear to me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Outside of some 150lb Rottweilers or Bull Mastifs I have seen, most dogs lifted of their feet are no match for most grown men.  Dogs are pack reliant, a single man is fucked with 2 or more full size dogs working together.  For me, I know I will loose a few bites but a single GSD or similar dog attacts, he will be off his feet and then loose both eyes when I rip them out.  Fight is over right there
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good point
The smarter dogs know in training to go for the bite sleeve in the real world the smart dogs will grab and reacquire what ever they think they need it's not always going to be an arm

Simply put a dogs power is at least 3:1 a humans power and they are a lot smarter than people think and very focused on whatever task at hand
pain is not going to even phase them you have to disrupt CNS or physically break something to get them not to use it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even owning a REAL dog is like having a teenage son that is a state wrestling champion.  You had better have established a level of respect early on.  I have had both.  My current Boerboel weighs what TWO Malinois do, and can run down my girlfriends 50lb terrier.  He is impervious to pain when he is focused.  

If a stranger came running into my property, they would be DOWN.  If anyone threatened myself or my girlfriend, there would be broken/crushed bones.  

I am by no means an expert, but the videos I've seen of police dogs, then, yes, if you can think straight with a dog latched onto your arm then you may be able to win the fight with your free arm.  IF you can stay calm.

With a dog like mine, bred to protect the farm in South Africa, not so much.

Good point

a lot of truth in this post. a really good dog who is bite wise will grab the first part of the body it can latch onto. face biters are bad mojo.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#41]
nvm
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You are right that Mals are generally a bit lighter than GSDs.  In many cases this lighter weight comes in handy.  Sometimes you have to help a dog over a barrier that you will then crawl over yourself.  Having a bit less overall weight, the Mal ends up a bit faster.    

If you are really going to go with extremes, the dogs to use would be a Black Russian Terrier...120-140 lbs is even harder to man-handle than 100 (and really a proper GSD that is on the big side is probably more like 90lbs)

http://www.midnightsolo.com/photos/Fun%20Day2010/IMG_8331.jpg

or  a Boerboel, Bullmastiff, or other heavyweight dog of attack lineage.  Good luck hoisting a Boerboel over your head to toss him over a fence he can't climb himself though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, this was a good excuse to educate myself on the breed. So I've been reading up on the breed malinois and have to admit I am impressed by what I am reading. I just think that one of the two dogs we saw in that video might not be too well suited for the job:
1. Jordan is a 5 year old tan and black malinois and jmho is just not confident/fearless enough for that job. Either the training was too soft on him or his personality is just not suited for that role. There is no way on earth that that stupid kick should have in any way deterred that dog. I'd retire him or move him to duty that doesn't require a lay down your life attitude.
2. Hurricane I think did a good job considering he was handicapped by having a long leash attached to him the entire time. No fear displayed and he did knock the guy down on the initial surge. Just wasn't strong enough to keep the guy down solo which isn't so much a bad on him as it is a limitation of the breed being 65-75lb vs 90-100lb for a german shepherd.

That leads me to my thought that I personally would rather have german shepards for that type of scenario. I can assure you that skinny punk would not have been throwing a GSD around nearly as easily as the malinois and had they sent 2 german shepherds on him... he would have certainly been on the ground and locked down.

I have to say that given what I've seen with the two fence jumpers plus what happened in Canada... I'd be beefing up the white house if I was them.

http://www.midnightsolo.com/photos/Fun%20Day2010/IMG_8331.jpg

I trained a Bouvier de Flanders for ScH, he was a beast.

the Mal's kind of scare me sometimes with their hyper activity. the 2 Dutch I've worked were smooth. most of my work has been with GSD, Rotts and Dobies. my boy has always said if he could design a dog breed it would be a miniature Mal that you could carry around in a coat pocket and throw on people.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The two Mals did their job well. My Mal bitch is nearly 80 lbs. of sweet, loyal powerhouse. But, if you are a threat to our pack she will be on you and can't run or hide from her nose. The breed is beyond most peoples willingness to invest the time, money and commitment. Super intelligent, sensitive and perceptive. Yes, I am a fan of the breed but definitely not to be considered as a breed choice for most people.
View Quote

are the Mal females as crazy as the GSD females?
I've had 2 GSD females that I sold due to their nasty temperament and bitchiness. I run all male GSD for ScH and all female Retrievers for hunting now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Just slap them together like Arnie did in True Lies
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Well this thread is off the rails but a few people have asked the GSD vs Mal thing. The number one reason I've seen the switch to Mal or Dutch is cost effectiveness. A Mal can generally start field work earlier as they mature (working wise) faster and they are built to maintain a high level for longer. There aren't the same health/aging issues associated with GSD. Both can be fantastic but the cost of GSD to Mal when a service life is taken into account is about 3/2.

Carry on cage fighters.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:53:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I honestly would have expected more from those two dogs. One was stopped by a single kick right off the bat. The other at least knocked him down but quickly let the punk start pounding on the dog. I think my 80lb boxer could have done a better showing on that punk. I wanted to see both dogs on him and some serious chomping going on. Have our white house dogs even turned into wimps?
View Quote

No, you're ignorant.  Dogs weigh 55-104 lbs. your average male human weighs 155-200 lbs.  Those dogs did exactly what they were supposed to do.  You are just ignorant.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:55:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well this thread is off the rails but a few people have asked the GSD vs Mal thing. The number one reason I've seen the switch to Mal or Dutch is cost effectiveness. A Mal can generally start field work earlier as they mature (working wise) faster and they are built to maintain a high level for longer. There aren't the same health/aging issues associated with GSD. Both can be fantastic but the cost of GSD to Mal when a service life is taken into account is about 3/2.

Carry on cage fighters.
View Quote

I just came here to argue with you and talk shit for no apparent reason.

Yes. Ive been drinking after a hard week.
meatspin.gif.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Outside of some 150lb Rottweilers or Bull Mastifs I have seen, most dogs lifted of their feet are no match for most grown men.  Dogs are pack reliant, a single man is fucked with 2 or more full size dogs working together.  For me, I know I will loose a few bites but a single GSD or similar dog attacts, he will be off his feet and then loose both eyes when I rip them out.  Fight is over right there
View Quote

would you like to beat my dog off?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:00:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

White house video.

Watch it.  Sulk.  Hug your dog.  Cry to him.  Promise yourself that he is tougher than the white house security dogs.  Promise the same to him.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have $150 on airfare if a video is produced of this PM me for details

My prediction is that even with a bite suit the badass has to have the dog recalled

You could offer a full ride and he'd never come.
Typical internet bad ass.

White house video.

Watch it.  Sulk.  Hug your dog.  Cry to him.  Promise yourself that he is tougher than the white house security dogs.  Promise the same to him.  

Go home, you're drunk.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Go home, you're drunk.
View Quote

Im drunk.
But Im not home.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top