Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2014 12:35:41 PM EDT
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/koch-allied-group-urges-young-voters-to-support-weed-candidate-20141021

A Republican group connected to the billionaire Koch brothers is making a last-ditch effort to push the GOP Senate candidate in North Carolina across the finish line by urging young voters to get behind the marijuana-supporting libertarian in the race.

The American Future Fund, which is running the online ad campaign, touts third-party contender Sean Haugh as the only one in the Senate contest who supports legalizing marijuana and opposes war.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
This is strange, but cool..like a wonderful psychedelic trip reading this news.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I really think tillis has this in the bag.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure as hell hope so.  I've been wrong before so I won't make any predictions at this point but based on the last two elections his chances are good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Tillis doesn't, it will be another case of
the weed proponent pulling just enough
percentage points in a close race to screw
him out of it and keep the cunt Hagan
in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't and this tactic proves it. This money wouldn't be spent otherwise...fiendish strategy to try and split the vote.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't and this tactic proves it. This money wouldn't be spent otherwise...fiendish strategy to try and split the vote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Democrats do it all time, and then there is the "Independent" Democrat in Kansas.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope you're right, but just about every public poll has Hagan ahead...

Bing elections has Hagan with an 80% chance of winning Link

I'm not sure how they calculate the percentages (and it's bing, so it's probably wrong), but it doesn't sound like he has got it in the bag at all..

Election Projections also has Hagan ahead by 2% Link

We need to make sure everyone we know votes if we have to drive them personally. This is extremely important!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]
My question is, why the hell are the Repubs not pointing out at every oppertunity the connections between Dem candidates and their Billionaire benefactors????  The Dems have them on this thing called campaigning, it is just lucky that Obama has fucked up this country so bad that people are going to vote Rebulican out of spite. Democrats have always been much better are sticking together, communicating their stance on the issues and organizing. It just baffles me why Republicans always seem to standing around with their hands down their pants come election time!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/koch-allied-group-urges-young-voters-to-support-weed-candidate-20141021

A Republican group connected to the billionaire Koch brothers is making a last-ditch effort to push the GOP Senate candidate in North Carolina across the finish line by urging young voters to get behind the marijuana-supporting libertarian in the race.

The American Future Fund, which is running the online ad campaign, touts third-party contender Sean Haugh as the only one in the Senate contest who supports legalizing marijuana and opposes war.

View Quote

Interesting strategy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

My question is, why the hell are the Repubs not pointing out at every oppertunity the connections between Dem candidates and their Billionaire benefactors????  The Dems have them on this thing called campaigning, it is just lucky that Obama has fucked up this country so bad that people are going to vote Rebulican out of spite. Democrats have always been much better are sticking together, communicating their stance on the issues and organizing. It just baffles me why Republicans always seem to standing around with their hands down their pants come election time!
View Quote
Because the pro-business side of the GOP doesn't give a shit about values and the values voters could care less about being taxed to fund sweetheart deals for corporations run by GOP brownnosers and donors.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Interesting strategy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting strategy.  

I like it.  Using two of the Libtards tactics against the Libtards at once.  Support a 3rd party candidate further left than the Dems to split off the uber-left crowd and then top it off with the pro-weed platform to draw off any youth vote from the Dem.

It's like the people who were behind Ross Perot just to see him split away enough votes for Clinton to defeat GHW Bush or the VA governors race where the independent candidate was supported by the Dems to swing that small percentage of votes away from the GOP so McAuliff would win.

Love to see the Libtards get hoisted by their own petard.  It almost as good as the thought of Hilary being knocked out by Fauxcahontas next year.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.

Tillis is hated almost as much as Hagan,

AllDems with a pulse will vote Hagan. Even if she eats an infant live on TV,

Not all "concervatives or republicans will vote for Tillis

1. He is percieved as middle of the road milque-toast romneyeske pussy. so they won't vote for him
2.Some will vote for the libertarians

There are more dems then reps/concservatives.

Tillis is what 2-3% down
Libertarian polls 5-7%

Done.
Tillis loses. We get Hagan for the rest of our lives. Because everyone hates all things dem and I don't see this level of hatred staying forver incumbents win 90% or the time and the Senate is a life time job.

we'll see.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#15]
If the GOP would get it's head out of it's ass and put an end to this WAR ON DRUGS retardation they could actually get this thing back on track.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope.

1. He is percieved as middle of the road milque-toast romneyeske pussy. so they won't vote for him

Tillis is what 2-3% down
Libertarian polls 5-7%

Done.
Tillis loses. We get Hagan for the rest of our lives. Because everyone hates all things dem and I don't see this level of hatred staying forver incumbents win 90% or the time and the Senate is a life time job.

we'll see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Tillis is what 2-3% down
Libertarian polls 5-7%

Done.

we'll see.

Libertarians consistently poll higher than they do in the election itself. There are a lot of libertarian-leaning people out there that want to see the libertarian win, but view voting for them as throwing their vote away.

I'll be doing exactly that in the next Presidential election. If called for a poll, I'll be voting for the Libertarian Party candidate. When election day comes, I'll pull the lever for the Republican without hesitation. I'll arrange a vote swap with an out-of-state Republican, but I see voting GOP as the only viable tactic here in Virginia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top