BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A regional PD sounds like a fantastic idea. More population, more areas to patrol, more scenery.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in a small town of 3000 that is about 1.5 miles x 1 mile wide.  We have a city police force with 6 cops.  The small town right beside us also has a police department.  The police stations are a mile and half apart.  Doesn't make any sense.

A regional PD sounds like a fantastic idea. More population, more areas to patrol, more scenery.

No different than the differences between a Sheriff's Deputy and a Village PO
With all that space comes a longer response time.
I cover between 2 1/2 and 5 townships in a shift
That's a lot of travel time
Village residents maintain their PDs in part because they want a quick response time and more personal service

Quoted:
Virtually no one has a NEED for police. They are used for so much more than what is needed. If daddy.gov didn't come running for every stupid call people would necessarily be more self reliant and responsible...or dead. Either way.

We get it that you like to think of yourself as a rugged individualist
When you're ready to join the real world, let us know

Quoted:

I'd call a murder an emergency.  I'd call filling out forms for theft of property a non-emergency.  Which of these two is the most police man-hours spent?

I'd say the larceny or burglary ( you didn't specify how the theft occurred) still gets a fair amount of time devoted to it depending on how much information the victim can provide.
It's also a legitimate police function to try to retrieve the property and lock up the responsible person(s)
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So should the person come to the station.. get a fingerprinting kit and some evidence bags to catch the guy that stole their stuff?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd call a murder an emergency.  I'd call filling out forms for theft of property a non-emergency.  Which of these two is the most police man-hours spent?

So should the person come to the station.. get a fingerprinting kit and some evidence bags to catch the guy that stole their stuff?

We both know that recovery of stolen property is rare.  Let's not pretend that the amount of man-hours spent on processing the scene have any actual results unless it was a large value heist with easily traceable property.

Insurance wins over LE investigation.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's also a legitimate police function to try to retrieve the property and lock up the responsible person(s)
View Quote

The closure rate on those cases is almost as pathetic as the closure rate on murder.  On a cost/benefit analysis it's no where close to worth it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The closure rate on those cases is almost as pathetic as the closure rate on murder.  On a cost/benefit analysis it's no where close to worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I said, it all depends in large part on how much information the victim can bring in to aid in the investigation.
Our investigators quite often will solve multiple...as in a dozen or more. burglaries by making an arrest or arrests.
Often they'll recover stuff that they have no idea who it belongs to, but its stolen stuff that's been recovered pending identification of the proper owner.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in a town of 300 people and we share our 2 cops with another town down the road . They have to pull enough in traffic tickets to pay for half of our town cost so I dont mind it at all . I am all for people doing for their own and not using government but I dont mind  paying for 2 police officers . I dont have the free time or the resources to police my local area , now when I was out in the country and farming I could and did but in a more population dense area it is not practical .
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I live in a town of 300 people and we share our 2 cops with another town down the road . They have to pull enough in traffic tickets to pay for half of our town cost so I dont mind it at all . I am all for people doing for their own and not using government but I dont mind  paying for 2 police officers . I dont have the free time or the resources to police my local area , now when I was out in the country and farming I could and did but in a more population dense area it is not practical .
View Quote

How does a population of 300 produce enough traffic ticket fine money to fund half of local gov't operating expenses, and does your states ticket money actually stay local or does it go to the state general fund
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How does a population of 300 produce enough traffic ticket fine money to fund half of local gov't operating expenses, and does your states ticket money actually stay local or does it go to the state general fund
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry mis phrased that , half of the town's police force cost . The tickets stay local minus a percentage  . As far as generating enough money , Im guessing you have never been through southern Va , the town near where Im from one of my friends that joined the town force wrote 2700 tickets a year . He was one of about 30 so you do the math then factor in the drug bust cash bonuses they picked up every now and then and you are talking a shit pile of money .

ETA Not all are like that the sheriff departments normally arent as ticket happy , my friend on the sheriff department  where I live now has wrote 1 speeding ticket in 12 years on the force and another friend on a sheriffs department whee I used to live writes about one a week .

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We both know that recovery of stolen property is rare.  Let's not pretend that the amount of man-hours spent on processing the scene have any actual results unless it was a large value heist with easily traceable property.
View Quote

We had a dedicated burglary unit that made hundreds of burglary arrests that were your regular run of the mill home burglaries and not large value heists.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We had a dedicated burglary unit that made hundreds of burglary arrests that were your regular run of the mill home burglaries and not large value heists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where we just moved we have the Sheriff's department in charge...........the small town has only 4 officers.

What's your opinion on Sheriff's departments vs local cops..........ok, bad, or depends?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sorry mis phrased that , half of the town's police force cost . The tickets stay local minus a percentage  . As far as generating enough money , Im guessing you have never been through southern Va , the town near where Im from one of my friends that joined the town force wrote 2700 tickets a year . He was one of about 30 so you do the math then factor in the drug bust cash bonuses they picked up every now and then and you are talking a shit pile of money .

ETA Not all are like that the sheriff departments normally arent as ticket happy , my friend on the sheriff department  where I live now has wrote 1 speeding ticket in 12 years on the force and another friend on a sheriffs department whee I used to live writes about one a week .

View Quote

I don't know
You could write 2700 tickets here and if as a percentage lets say 500 of them were equipment fix-it tickets, those would have no fine monies associated with them at all and all of the processing costs. If out of the remaining 2200 you had maybe 200 associated with DWI you might get some "decent" money out of them. So out of the remaining 2000 tickets you might get 100-150 per ticket, and quite often less than that depending on how generous the judge is. I've seen the local judges waive a lot of fines and charge only the associated surcharges. So if you round it out to 100 per ticket on 2000 tickets plus the DWI fines, that's not a pile of money and doesn't come close to paying the expenses of even two officers, especially if you factor in what it costs them to show up for the inevitable  trial.

I've been through VA quite a bit over the years. Is this a small hamlet where the through traffic on some interstate exceeds the resident population by some great amount? I don't see a local population of a few hundred generating that many tickets.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hundreds out of a population of 10 million with how many burglary crimes?  What was the percentage of burglaries solved?  20% maybe?  It's a nice to have thing, a dedicated group of individuals removing theives from the streets, but it isn't a necessity.  Insurance and security would provide as much peace of mind to the victims and serve to lower the burglary rate in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Cops is cops. Gimme the option that costs me the least in taxes.
View Quote

Even at the expense of poor police service.  I'd be pissed if the only response I got was for 911 only.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

forgoing any extra police presence beyond 911 emergencies.

This right here should be the standard everywhere, anything more is too much.

+1

So your barn or garage gets broken into three times in two months, you don't expect a police extra patrol or detective follow up?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So your barn or garage gets broken into three times in two months, you don't expect a police extra patrol or detective follow up?  
View Quote

I damn sure wouldn't expect it to do any good.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Absolutely no need for a PD in my area [Brooklyn/Jax Co] 50 weeks out of the year. Last Chief is still in prison I believe. Druggie, sold dept guns, doinking females in the station, taping it, ect. All we need is sheriff patrol and 2 weeks [MIS speedwayNASCAR races] extra coverage.

Quite honestly, the "patrols" are nothing more then car speeding ticket jobs, the stuff like busting truckers that blow red lights [jefferson and 127S] and drive like nuts [one just killed a couple females, rammed them at speed]  seem to always be overlooked even though people certainly complain.
View Quote

Damn... So there has never been a robbery or burglary in your town?  That's amazing.  I going to look up retirement property out there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

File insurance, get a dog or two and some lights after the first one, the other two don't happen.  Sit on your ass and wait for the police patrols to keep your shit safe, lose again and again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My department has around a 90% clear rate for burglaries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My department has around a 90% clear rate for burglaries.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worked at my house.

Please continue though. I love seeing how you think... Its interesting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#21]
We just had a ring broken around here, it is not so much about recovery as stoppin them from doing more breakins
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Right. I should praise all the daddy.gov work we spend police time/effort/money on.  Because that's real liberty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the cops fault that people are retarded. No one wants to deal with their shit to begin with. But then you get back to these laws that are supposed to be enforced and bad publicity.

Just enough to respond to real emergencies.  Do it long enough and people will learn that cops don't show up for non-emergency stuff.

You really help the Libertarian cause there, skippy.

Right. I should praise all the daddy.gov work we spend police time/effort/money on.  Because that's real liberty.

Well maybe I can explain something from the perspective of someone who has pushed a patrol car.   What you don't want to concede to being a factor is presence.  I can tell you that a cop on patrol is suppose to be pro active.  In between calls for service he needs to be out there being seen while looking for signs possible criminal activity.  Midnight shift is a great example (and probably the most liked shift for cops who like pro active policing).  I can tell you the nights when you get a chance to be out there and practice pro active policing will usually result in less car and business burglaries, malicious property damage and to some extent robberies.  When cops are visible to the criminal element, it tends to suppress crime.  It also tends to increase your chances of catching people committing crimes as that is what you get a chance to focus on.  

On nights when we have chased calls all night, property crimes will often go up.  Its a pretty bad feeling when you sign on day shift and the unit you are relieving from midnights says they got slammed with calls, as you know you have a pretty good chance of getting some car or business burglary calls and criminal property damage calls when people start getting up,  It's a lot better feeling when you hear from the previous shift that they got some FI cards on subjects who were in the X hundred block of Main Street at 0330 or an arrest on someone who was caught breaking into a car at XXX MLK Blvd.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I foresee in the future....A national police force...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/can_zpsd8b55fd6.gif

LOL, that would make a cool avatar
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Worked at my house.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We both know that recovery of stolen property is rare. Let's not pretend that the amount of man-hours spent on processing the scene have any actual results unless it was a large value heist with easily traceable property.

Worked at my house.

It takes me maybe 15 minutes to process most car burglaries for latent prints and photograph and evidence at the scene such as foot prints.  A residential/business  burglary will take longer, but usually way under an hour.  My first AFIS hit on a car burglary came back to the same subject I had arrested for a business burglary 2 years earlier.  This subject had entered a small tobacco store by etting onto the roof and through and large vent into the ceiling, then coming down through the ceiling by kicking out a section of the drywall.  Once inside, he set off the motion alarm and grabbed the cash register and exited the building through a side door.  Witness saw him as he ran away and the alarm was sounding.  It took me two hours to find him in a state park campground, sitting at a camp site picnic table with the "I am just an ordinary guy camping" look as I was driving by, despite not having a camper or tent.  Clothing description matched, when I spoke to him his foot print matched the shoes that left prints on the wall when he dropped out of the ceiling that I had taken a polaroid photo of (god, we used polaroid's back then) and he still had a piece of drywall on his neck behind his ear that he got from transfer in the hole he made in the ceiling.  Detained under reasonable suspicion and arrested when I had the witness come make a field identification.  

My agencies case clearance rate is about 70% for felony property crimes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's pretty damn good.

Not to be argumentative, but just for the sake of this discussion:  what % of property do you think gets recovered from these closed cases?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's pretty damn good.

Not to be argumentative, but just for the sake of this discussion:  what % of property do you think gets recovered from these closed cases?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty damn good.

Probably around 50%.  The majority of property being stolen in burglaries in my area would be vehicles (cars,truck, motorcycles and ATV's), electronics (computers, tablets, audio/video), guns, jewelry, and decreasingly cash.  Jewelry and cash are the hardest to get back, Vehicles and guns are much easier to track or locate.  The real key is if the defendant will cooperate in providing information that will help in the recovery of the property.  There is also a very reasonable chance that you will see a theft or burglary defendant charged with dealing in stolen property (for selling, trading or pawning stolen property).  This charge may be dropped if the defendant has cooperated in the recovery of the stolen property.    
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Township 10 miles away from me has a police force, they aren't even an incorporated village, town or city.  None of the other townships in the county have a police force at all except the one city in the county.

The township that has the police force spends 50% of the township budget to have a police force.  Township also has the highest property tax income basis of the entire county.  There is a county sheriff department and a state police post in the county, population of the entire county is about 20,000.  Township with police force only has a population of 3,000, probably has a department larger than the county sheriff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Probably around 50%.  The majority of property being stolen in burglaries in my area would be vehicles (cars,truck, motorcycles and ATV's), electronics (computers, tablets, audio/video), guns, jewelry, and decreasingly cash.  Jewelry and cash are the hardest to get back, Vehicles and guns are much easier to track or locate.  The real key is if the defendant will cooperate in providing information that will help in the recovery of the property.  There is also a very reasonable chance that you will see a theft or burglary defendant charged with dealing in stolen property (for selling, trading or pawning stolen property).  This charge may be dropped if the defendant has cooperated in the recovery of the stolen property.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty damn good.

Highlighted part: write down your fucking serial numbers!

I recently worked a burglary where I can almost walk over and lay hands on the bad guy, but I have no evidence. Family had two heirloom guns stolen, and they can only tell me what might be the calibers, and that both rifles had wooden stocks. Friends, I can't arrest that dickweed based on that, no matter what. So he's free to break into somebody else's home, because I can't prove what he's done without you proving what you own.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
File insurance, get a dog or two and some lights after the first one, the other two don't happen.  Sit on your ass and wait for the police patrols to keep your shit safe, lose again and again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must live in a real shithole neighborhood?  Sounds like you need to find a new trailer park... Maybe one that allows double-wides?

May I ask your zip code?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I live in a 4k sqft house on 15 acres with livestock, tractor, ATVs, and 4 vehicles.  Neighbors have had stuff stolen in the past, I've never had any thefts.  My security scheme works and is proven. Southern middle Tennessee.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#31]
It's been happening for decades.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I live in a 4k sqft house on 15 acres with livestock, tractor, ATVs, and 4 vehicles.  Neighbors have had stuff stolen in the past, I've never had any thefts.  My security scheme works and is proven. Southern middle Tennessee.

View Quote

That's fantastic.

Your approach does not work for everyone.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So, someone murders your family member or breaks into your house and steals all your shit while you aren't home, that should just go uninvestigated and unprosecuted?  You really are delusional, aren't you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever wonder if you're in la la land?

Why because my way of doing things doesn't enable millions of people to barely work and then retire on a lifelong pension while they brag about their past heroics?

I can understand why LE would call that la la land, it's UNTHINKABLE to them.

Here's a truth.  YOU. AREN'T. NECESSARY.

So, someone murders your family member or breaks into your house and steals all your shit while you aren't home, that should just go uninvestigated and unprosecuted?  You really are delusional, aren't you?

Hugo has already said that he wouldn't call the police for any break in.

"That's what insurance is for"
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's fantastic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fantastic.

There are time proven security measures that greatly minimize your risk.  
Certain areas are more prone to crime, but that isnt a secret to the residents so they should shoulder the risk they accepted by residing there.  It doesnt help that many of those places have governments that frown on self sufficiency and cripple security measures for the sake of their view of civilized utopia...guns.

No fucks given if thats what they want, but inevitably they try to spread their way of life to my area.  One effect of that is rural police want to provide LE services similar to those cities.  No fucking thank you.

I firmly believe folks that live there could get by as well as me without those things but they are dependent on their government and afraid of what life without their daddy.  Sickening.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Village residents maintain their PDs in part because they want a quick response time and more personal service

Pretty much says it for my neck of the woods.  Town of approx. 3k here and we have 5 F/T Officers.  Our population swells larger due to multiple factories and tourist sites in the area.  Contracting would not be an option here.  Several other smaller jurisdictions in the area have looked into it and all have found it would cost 2 or 3 times more for contract coverage with the County S.O. with a loss of F/T shift coverage.  NO THANKS!

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why because my way of doing things doesn't enable millions of people to barely work and then retire on a lifelong pension while they brag about their past heroics?

If I didnt need a report I wouldnt.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pretty much says it for my neck of the woods.  Town of approx. 3k here and we have 5 F/T Officers.  Our population swells larger due to multiple factories and tourist sites in the area.  Contracting would not be an option here.  Several other smaller jurisdictions in the area have looked into it and all have found it would cost 2 or 3 times more for contract coverage with the County S.O. with a loss of F/T shift coverage.  NO THANKS!

View Quote

If your town is getting told that by the county then you need to engage their leadership.  

Your town is presumably four officers and a chief, and five people is the right number to get one deep 24/7 coverage.  So how does the county cost two or three times as much to not even get one person?  Are they paying five times what your city is?  Presumably they would only need five patrol officers and no supervisors since the county's shift already has supervision.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you choose to pay for insurance and claim theft loses on your property, that's your choice.  A lot of people would also prefer to report it and share the information with LE so that maybe they can get their stuff back and prosecute whoever took ii, which also may lead to who took other peoples stuff.  A good part of solving crimes is actually knowing that they have happened and using whatever info you can get and share it with other officers (time of incident, location, any description if available, what was taken, how they gained access).   Here's an observation, most thief's don't only steal one time.  A lot of cops get a good deal of satisfaction in arresting and charging people who steal other peoples stuff.  Of course you can choose your route and pay for insurance for stuff that no one has a right to take and if it happens enough you can enjoy the higher premiums or dropped coverage for too many claims.  That will show those cops that you have such disdain for.    
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does your insurance company have a threshold for when reports are needed?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Due to quotes and this fooking tablet:

Voodoo-Dont know, never had a theft.  Id guess it would be for any claim exceeding my deductible.  Id just call Brad, my agent and ask .

Florida- I dont have any theft claims. I actually bother to secure and watch my shit.  Others dont and are soft targets.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The problem is, the majority of your neighbors find the following things to be 911 emergencies requiring a response:
My dog is sick.
My furnace is out.
the water is out.
My kid won't do her homework.
Some kids are parked a the end of my driveway after prom making out.
The coyotes won't be quiet and I moved from the city for peace and quiet come make them shut up (pro-tip, if you offer to go out on your day off and shoot them for her she will call your boss and file a complaint.).
My car won't start.
I ran out of gas.

Etc etc etc
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

He wants maximum freedom.
So all of the people in society who aren't quite as rugged an individualist as him are just supposed to die or suck up the loss of their property.
Which he is perfectly happy with, apparently
Because he's such a rugged individualist  wherever he hangs out
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:56:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Where the hell does that stuff happen?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why is this news? FL has been doing this the last 20 years.
View Quote

Maybe because MI ain't Florida?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:07:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not seeing any net positive from that, even without any extra cost.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So all of the people in society who aren't quite as rugged an individualist as him are just supposed to die or suck up the loss of their property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm OK with that too.

If'n you don't mind some fuckhead is tarred and feathered once in a while.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His LE hating bullshit has got him a spot on my ignore list. Kind of surprised to see he has a tank by his username.... Usually, the LE haters aren't MIL.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:39:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
His LE hating bullshit has got him a spot on my ignore list. Kind of surprised to see he has a tank by his username.... Usually, the LE haters aren't MIL.
View Quote

Can you point me to LE hate? I only see by reviewing this thread he's not a fan of big taxpayer dollars going to inefficient LEO departments.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Contracting for small towns is the way to go. Most of those small town mayors want a police department to be their bitch force.
View Quote
Damn right.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top