Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 10/23/2014 9:22:40 AM EDT
Searched for dupes...  for about a second.  Obvious title will discourage further dupe-age.

...some snips, mostly pics of shitty hair salon type art on rocks....

This morning, our friend Rebecca at Calipidder alerted us via a Facebook post to a woman named Casey Nocket who had traveled to the west coast from New York for a few weeks. Ms. Nocket had been enjoying her time in the outdoors so much that she decided to document her trip on Instagram. And apparently Nocket was so moved by all the natural beauty she saw that she just had to paint all over it.

Modern Hiker brings you the story first.
View Quote

Nocket’s painting on Death Valley’s Telescope Peak

Sadly, this is not a one-time thing. Nocket’s “work” has also been spotted (and Instagrammed) in Yosemite National Park and Crater Lake National Park, as well.

Near the Mist Trail in Yosemite National Park

Overlooking Crater Lake

According to her Instagram feed, Nocket has been traveling quite extensively – she has photos tagged from all over the West, including stops in Carrizo Plain National Monument, Sequoia, Bryce, Zion, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon, Canyonlands, Rocky Mountain and Joshua Tree National Parks – where just today rangers posted this photo of Barker Dam, which has been closed since last February due to vandalism. There’s no telling how many of these paintings she left.

In case you were wondering, no – the images aren’t chalk – they’re acrylic paint. And yes, she knows she shouldn’t be using it.

In either case, however, what Ms. Nocket is doing will not only get her some likes on Instagram, but will most likely result in a few felony vandalism charges once the Park Service catches up with her. And since, like most modern park vandals, she left a rich social media trail, it will likely only be a matter of time before that happens. Reddit already seems to be on the case.

Update: Looks like Nocket’s Instagram account is now set to “Private.” All photos with paintings and Instagram conversations here were screen-grabbed from her account on the morning of October 21st.
View Quote

And yes, it also appears that she defaced Canyonlands and Zion on her trip. From her Tumblr blog:

in Canyonlands National Park

Zion National Park

Second Update:

A National Park Service Ranger is launching an investigation. Although she made her account private, I still had a window with it open and was able to get a few more images – including one defacement of The Ginn Mill in Denver, Colorado, another defacement somewhere tagged only as “the wilderness,” and a photo of her crawling over the existing, protected pictographs in Joshua Tree. All three are posted below.

The Ginn Mill in Denver, CO

unknown location

Climbing on the protected pictographs near Barker Dam

Third Update: Hi, Redditors! Thank you for helping us make this story the national news it should be! If you live or like to hike in the southwest, consider subscribing to our site via RSS or even just signing up for our weekly mailing list. We like to keep up on news like this but we also like to give people ideas for new trails to hike and parks to visit so we can get more people outside. If we have more people out there who can appreciate the beauty of our wilderness for what it is, there will be fewer who feel like they literally need to leave their mark on it.
View Quote

http://www.modernhiker.com/2014/10/21/instagram-artist-defaces-national-parks/

What say the hive?

More hot pics?  (plenty more, NSFW, at her tumblr)

Public property, I pay my taxes, Merica, I do what I want?

Palacial should JBT and prosecute to the full extent of the law?

cheers,

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Tagged for Perp Walk video.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate graffiti. What a self indulging cunt.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't care how hot people think she is, she sounds like a self-centered cunt.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Look at me, I'm an attention whore!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Arrest her and make her remove all the crap she drew and painted that defaced nature.

People go to parks to see nature's beauty, not some idiots version of art.   This woman is imposing her views on everyone else.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I was talking to my girlfriend the other day how the one thing you rarely see defaced is mother nature. Huh.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This, and if I had a crazy environmentalist side this brings it out in full force.

Don't fuck with natural parks like that! Respect nature for fucks sake.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe the level of stupid if those aren't photoshopped.

Defacement of protected National Forest / Park sites for 'art'?  Potentially destroying pre-Columbian pictographs for... what?

She needs to get hammered (legally) for every event, just like the doofuses that destroyed the standing rock forations and Youtubed it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#10]
How is this different from those yahoos who broke rock formations in Utah?  Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What a bitch.  Vandalism is vandalism.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#12]
If she was here letting me bang her all day this wouldn't have happened.

Now that's my kind of environmentalism!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#13]
What a bitch.  Send her to my place and I'll teach her a lesson
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What say the hive?

View Quote

I say arrest her and let the legal system decide an appropriate punishment
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What say the hive?

" />
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Hope she doesn't sneak into one of those CO parks where they reintroduced wolves
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I am a big fan of leave no trace. And this "art" sucks.  Fines and/or jail time. Hot women or not.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Look at me, I'm an attention whore!
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#19]
And to top it off, she's a terrible "artist"

My 10 year old nephew has far more artistic talent.  And he's an autist.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
How is this different from those yahoos who broke rock formations in Utah?  Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
View Quote

Ahhh... yes...

I ain't searching for the thread but that MFer was chock full of the "its just a pile of rocks" sentiment.  What makes this any different?

cheers,

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't spend time in nature to see graffiti and trash.

Nothing pisses me off more when I feel like I'm out far in the backcountry and I see shit like that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck her and her vandalism.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

this.

there will always be people in the world who can't look at a stained glass window without wanting to throw a rock through it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Prison
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#25]

For the record, this chick doesn't seem to be making any new friends.

My GF works in the art world and there's universal condemnation (sounds vaguely UNish don't it? ).  Maybe academia will draw their own red line in the sand in regards to showing her work in a gallery.

Unfortunately, the "artist" will probably still get her 15 minutes.....

cheers,

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck that stupid whore.

Fucking "artists" piss me off, why cant she just shit paint filled eggs out her puss like the rest of them
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Hot?

I'm not seeing it.

Self entitled cunt.......yes, I can see that.

I say make her scrub the rocks clean with her face.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#28]
If it was her property, then she should have at it. Considering she did that to a national park without the permission of the taxpayers, who own and fund the park, is the big issue. What she did regardless if her art is great or not, is vandalism.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
No kidding. She's keeps redrawing the same piece of art over and over again in half those photo's.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Her next mark left in history should be a booking photo. She'll figure out what a dyke high 5 is all about.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Soooooooo no link to said NSFW picts
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#32]
If it was Chalk, itd be one thing. But to use acrylic paint?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#33]
NOT GUILTY
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. This cunt is one self absorbed bitch. If she had used chalk I would be less incensed, but acrylic paint?!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#36]
That's disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What a bitch.  Vandalism is vandalism.
View Quote

This.  But if I were on the jury, I'd say Not Guilty. After all, this is GD.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Got an email at work yesterday asking us to keep an eye out at any of our popular overlooks.  I looked around yesterday but didn't find anything.  From the looks of her posted pics, she isn't going too far from the roadway (lazy turd) but maybe I'll have an excuse to take a hike this afternoon.

I assume NPS criminal investigators will be taking the lead on this since it crosses several management regions.  

I must say I do get a tad excited by my measly vandalism cases.

cheers,

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Soooooooo no link to said NSFW picts
View Quote

Tumblr isnt there anymore....or so I hear  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#41]
nice signature
she is Bangsy not Banksy
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No kidding. She's keeps redrawing the same piece of art over and over again in half those photo's.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kinda the whole point behind graffiti, it's leaving a identifiable name/image in as many places as possible.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#43]
I would detain her for the Rangers
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#44]
She is going to get loved tenderly by the EPA if she isn't already.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Searched for dupes...  for about a second.  Obvious title will discourage further dupe-age.

...some snips, mostly pics of shitty hair salon type art on rocks....

This morning, our friend Rebecca at Calipidder alerted us via a Facebook post to a woman named Casey Nocket who had traveled to the west coast from New York for a few weeks. Ms. Nocket had been enjoying her time in the outdoors so much that she decided to document her trip on Instagram. And apparently Nocket was so moved by all the natural beauty she saw that she just had to paint all over it.

Modern Hiker brings you the story first.
View Quote

http://i0.wp.com/www.modernhiker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/instagramgraffiti.jpg?fit=695%2C9999

Nocket’s painting on Death Valley’s Telescope Peak

Sadly, this is not a one-time thing. Nocket’s “work” has also been spotted (and Instagrammed) in Yosemite National Park and Crater Lake National Park, as well.

Near the Mist Trail in Yosemite National Park

http://i1.wp.com/www.modernhiker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/creepytings3.jpg?resize=611%2C611

Overlooking Crater Lake

According to her Instagram feed, Nocket has been traveling quite extensively – she has photos tagged from all over the West, including stops in Carrizo Plain National Monument, Sequoia, Bryce, Zion, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon, Canyonlands, Rocky Mountain and Joshua Tree National Parks – where just today rangers posted this photo of Barker Dam, which has been closed since last February due to vandalism. There’s no telling how many of these paintings she left.

In case you were wondering, no – the images aren’t chalk – they’re acrylic paint. And yes, she knows she shouldn’t be using it.

In either case, however, what Ms. Nocket is doing will not only get her some likes on Instagram, but will most likely result in a few felony vandalism charges once the Park Service catches up with her. And since, like most modern park vandals, she left a rich social media trail, it will likely only be a matter of time before that happens. Reddit already seems to be on the case.

Update: Looks like Nocket’s Instagram account is now set to “Private.” All photos with paintings and Instagram conversations here were screen-grabbed from her account on the morning of October 21st.
View Quote

And yes, it also appears that she defaced Canyonlands and Zion on her trip. From her Tumblr blog:

http://i0.wp.com/www.modernhiker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/creepytings_canyonlands.jpg?resize=450%2C648

in Canyonlands National Park

Zion National Park

Second Update:

A National Park Service Ranger is launching an investigation. Although she made her account private, I still had a window with it open and was able to get a few more images – including one defacement of The Ginn Mill in Denver, Colorado, another defacement somewhere tagged only as “the wilderness,” and a photo of her crawling over the existing, protected pictographs in Joshua Tree. All three are posted below.

The Ginn Mill in Denver, CO

unknown location

Climbing on the protected pictographs near Barker Dam

Third Update: Hi, Redditors! Thank you for helping us make this story the national news it should be! If you live or like to hike in the southwest, consider subscribing to our site via RSS or even just signing up for our weekly mailing list. We like to keep up on news like this but we also like to give people ideas for new trails to hike and parks to visit so we can get more people outside. If we have more people out there who can appreciate the beauty of our wilderness for what it is, there will be fewer who feel like they literally need to leave their mark on it.
View Quote

http://www.modernhiker.com/2014/10/21/instagram-artist-defaces-national-parks/

What say the hive?

cheers,

View Quote

I think my foot would express it's artistic freedom all over her vehicle or property.    Destroy her shit and see how she likes it.   She is probably broke and doesnt have anything nice so probably wouldnt care.

Hippie trash.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Maybe it would be different if she actually had some talent, but that shit is hideous.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#47]
So who saved her NSFW tumblr pics before they went down?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
So who saved her NSFW tumblr pics before they went down?
View Quote

Damn.  Not me......  OP fails to deliver..

<<<< BAN ME gif >>>>>

cheers,

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#49]
But, but hunters tear up public lands...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Somebody grab another sandstone rock and rub that shit out.

Moron ho-bich.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top