Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 10/23/2014 12:05:33 AM EDT
Not going to buff out. Happened in Israel.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e2d_1413920505
"The fatal accident occurred on the Nes
Harim-Tsur Hadassah road (Highway 386) which is considered a motorcycle
"Highway of Death". The many twists and turns on the road attract many
motorcyclists, who come every weekend and ride at high speed while they
perform "layers" (a condition where the motorcycle rider touches his
knee down to the road).
In recent years several motorcyclists were killed on the dangerous
road, some of them skilled riders who lost control and crashed on the
hairpin bends.
Yesterday afternoon it was motorcyclist Maor (27), from Holon, an
experienced, skilled rider who was into athletic training. His
girlfriend was waiting with a camera in one of the turns in the road to
catch him in action.

Faceplant in the cars roof area you can see huge dent.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
He ain't doin that no moar....

Sorry to soon....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
So they were doing this on an open public road?  No fucks given.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

As usual, car over the line had no bearing on the accident, correct? After all it was a public road. The driver should be cited for manslaughter.
Like the usual story around here. Rider was not wearing a helmet. They just happen to leave out he was sitting on the side of the road when a drunk crossed the double yellow and plowed in to him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
So the Jews really did do this.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#5]
RIP

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

As usual car over the line had no bearing on the accident, correct?
Like the usual story around here. Rider was not wearing a helmet. They just happen to leave out he was sitting on the side of the road when a drunk crossed the double yellow and plowed in to him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Car was obviously giving space for people on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at the 3rd photo:  WTH is going on with the car's right-rear wheel???
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:15:24 AM EDT
[#8]
It looks like each driver was fixated on the other's vehicle. Too bad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please...........Let me guess He / She didn't see the motorcycle.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#10]
The car was in the middle of the road didn't give the bike anywhere to go.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't see that.  I see the car over the line and the biker right ON the line.  The bike had plenty of room.  Better vision might have saved him.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#12]
That's some shit. The car was illegally over the line and in his lane. Fuck cagers. Only thing better would be if the caged was talking on the cell whilst applying makeup. Rip
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It looks like each driver was fixated on the other's vehicle. Too bad.
View Quote

And the public road folks......fucking cagers do stupid shit all the fucking time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I know two people who were killed on motorcycles.

One was a distant relative who was sucked under an 18 wheel tractor trailer on the highway about ten years ago.  Wasn't much left of him.

The other was an old family friend who died very mysteriously 20 years ago.  Very experienced rider.  He apparently went off the road and down into a ravine, and was killed on impact with a tree.  They found him several days later (after a lengthy search when he went missing), sitting upright on his bike dead.  I still wonder to this day if someone didn't run him off the road on purpose.

Be careful on those things.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't see that.  I see the car over the line and the biker right ON the line.  The bike had plenty of room.  Better vision might have saved him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like where, Over the guard rail or in to the people on the l/side of the road, crossing directly in to the car.  ?  Better Vision by the car might have saved him. Never ceases to amaze me how many excuses there are for cars when they kill a mc rider.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's some shit. The car was illegally over the line and in his lane. Fuck cagers. Only thing better would be if the caged was talking on the cell whilst applying makeup. Rip
View Quote

What the hell is a cager?

And the bike was floating right on the line.  Hard to say exactly from the video but he looks real close to it.  Why did he come out of the turn so high?  He had the whole road and the car was giving room for the idiots standing/parked right next to the road.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Likely didn't see him. Probably fixated on the group on the roadside.  "I wonder what they're filmi" Bam!

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And the bike was floating right on the line.  Hard to say exactly from the video but he looks real close to it.  Why did he come out of the turn so high?  He had the whole road and the car was giving room for the idiots standing/parked right next to the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cager = slang term that bikers sometimes use for people who ride on four wheels instead of two.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Car was in the wrong.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Like where, Over the guard rail or in to the people on the l/side of the road ?  Better Vision by the car might have saved him. Never ceases to amaze me how many excuses there are for cars when they kill a mc rider.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like where, Over the guard rail or in to the people on the l/side of the road ?  Better Vision by the car might have saved him. Never ceases to amaze me how many excuses there are for cars when they kill a mc rider.

So you are saying that the bike had no room between him and the guardrail?  I see room enough for 1.5 CAR widths.

And you can stow whatever contrived sniveling you are considering about anyone making excuses for anything.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Middle?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No more than the guy on the motorcycle saw the car, since he was going so fast.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Better review the OP's pics again. The pic you posted was probably after they realized a mc was in front of them and swerved.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:40:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The motherfucker just came hauling ass around a corner, of course they didn't see him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Target fixation is a bitch. He had plenty of room to the right.

Using derogatory slang terms (cager) only makes you look foolish.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#27]
From the liveleak comments, it appears the car was pulling out of the same little dirt pull out the bikers are parked in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So you are saying that the bike had no room between him and the guardrail?  I see room enough for 1.5 CAR widths.

And you can stow whatever contrived sniveling you are considering about anyone making excuses for anything.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ever you sat Chief.  There's little time to react even in a car, when approaching vehicle is that close.  Gotta run there's sniveling to be done elsewhere
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Well that guy is dead as shit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I pretty much despise people who like to hot dog it while being videoed on the public streets. no matter how many wheels they're riding on.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#31]

He came out of that turn way too close to the center line on a public road, and way too fast.  I'm guessing he was "playing a stupid game", in this case posing for the camera and trying to impress the girls, and he won a stupid prize.

He sure impressed the girls though, I doubt they'll ever forget that.

Live hard, die young, leave a good looking corpse.  Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#33]
When idiots collide.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:57:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Car should have moved over when she saw the oncoming traffic.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#35]
fuck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#36]
The car crossed the line, not the motorcycle.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

The angle makes it look that way, but I'm betting he was closer to straddling the line.  That doesn't change the fact that the car was going slow, and the biker was going way too fast, and had he not been busy playing boy racer, he could have easily avoided the car.  

One of the first things you learn when riding a bike on public streets is that people driving cars do dumb shit all the time, you prepare for it and you always have an exit.  He wasn't prepared for it, and he didn't have an exit.  Should it be that way?  No, but that's the way it is and if you want to be an old biker, you ride knowing it's coming.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Shit happens.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Idiot in the cage was obviously at fault and murdered that guy on the bike. He probably said "I didn't see him" never mind the cager didn't stay in his own lane. Probably got a failure to yield ticket and $300 fine.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Bike still had plenty of room. Car moved over to give space for the stopped bikes, they couldn't realistically have anticipated an oncoming vehicle travelling 3-5 times the prevailing speed on that road.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Idiot in the cage was obviously at fault and murdered that guy on the bike. He probably said "I didn't see him" never mind the cager didn't stay in his own lane. Probably got a failure to yield ticket and $300 fine.  
View Quote
Might want to read up on the definition of murder.

Guy on the bike was show boating for the camera and riding above his abilities. When you ride on the public road, you have to account for what everyone else on that road might do, if you want to survive in one piece.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Lol.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Read up on culpable mental states there bud.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Pulling that shit anywhere outside of a track environment is asking for an accident.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Coming out of that turn at that speed not even the fastest flinch on that bike would have missed that car even with the small open space in his lane, just happened to quick.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#46]
what happened to the pics?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

More like almost completely on the OTHER lane.

<a href="http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/scollins1868/media/C389C0EC-1D20-4BE6-A682-CFAB67DAE29D_zps47jnbfz2.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i420/scollins1868/C389C0EC-1D20-4BE6-A682-CFAB67DAE29D_zps47jnbfz2.png</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

More like almost completely on the OTHER lane.

<a href="http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/scollins1868/media/C389C0EC-1D20-4BE6-A682-CFAB67DAE29D_zps47jnbfz2.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i420/scollins1868/C389C0EC-1D20-4BE6-A682-CFAB67DAE29D_zps47jnbfz2.png</a>

If the rider was going fast, like 100+ MPH, he went to the outside of his lane when he late - apexed the turn and then snapped his bike upright, which would naturally swing it towards the centerline, and maybe even over it if he intended to use the whole racetrack/road. The car driver probably didn't even know what happened until after it happened. When you're riding hard and fast, you always have to leave a margin for error, whether it's yours or somebody else's.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
what happened to the pics?
View Quote

though I was the only one
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, it's not like they can give the idiot squid his reckless driving ticket.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:38:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Squids.

Can't say much more than that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top