Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Now I'm at the point where I am seriously considering paying for sex.

View Quote

Do it, it's cheaper in the long run.  And a lot less of a headache.  Remember you aren't paying FOR sex; you are paying her to leave.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have friends or coworkers to set you up with anyone? People (girls especially) love to play matchmaker. As for the self esteem issues, have you tried hitting up the gym? Try getting into lifting. Even if you don't end up looking like Arnold, it's a good way to blow off steam.

Online dating is frustrating. There are like 3 attractive girls within like a 50 mile radius of me. I messaged one, have a nice back and forth, lots of stuff in common, give her my number, and get no reply and no texts. My profile lasted about a week before getting nuked from orbit.

I don't have FB, so no tinder, but I might give that a shot one of these days.

View Quote
My coworkers have actually pressured me into hosting a party at my house... for my own benefit of course. I do need to get out of my shell more. A surprising amount of people at work have agreed to show up. Unfortunately, it's rapidly looking like it's going to be a bit of a sausage fest.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Trying is failing.

Dont try, just go out with some coworkers, have some drinks, don't give a shit and have fun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There are people out there with severe depression who have girlfriends. I know,... I work in mental health (feel free to pity me, lol). How the fuck do they get girlfriends when they have severe depression? My depression is mostly cyclical. I feel "ok" somedays, other days I feel more confident than others... but every once in a while I go into a pretty deep funk. 100% of the time I'm depressed, it's because I start thinking about how lonely I am.
View Quote

There is never a shortage of crazy women who feel the need to fix broken men. Ask me how I know? I spend the majority of my time listening to emergency nurses. Being depressed in general is not the same as having low self esteem, there is a difference.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You don't need to act like an asshole. But give them the amount of respect and attention you would give a guy. Remember it is the person and not the twat you want.
View Quote
Considering I spent 10 years of my life trying to "get the person, not the twat", and have come up diddly... I am now willing to get "just the twat".

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
use this as your profile pic...

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Make it a contest.  See who will have the privilege of taking your pure essence.

But wrap it and take that shit home with you when you leave.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Start telling everyone your a virgin. Should be solved in a week or two.

Make it a contest.  See who will have the privilege of taking your pure essence.

But wrap it and take that shit home with you when you leave.

I've tried that. It turned me into a laughing stock. I even posted a craigslist ad, with that as the title. All I got was spammers.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Use the carpet-bombing method.  Message every chick you find attractive.  You'll eventually get replies.

On PoF use the meet-me and favorite features.  They get alerted to both.

On OKC use the quickmatch feature.  If you and someone else 4 or 5 star each other I *think* it alerts both parts.  I also think it notifies chicks when you 4 or 5 star their actual profile, or used to at least.
View Quote
As I said earlier... I've been trying those features. *VERY* few matches... and I go "fuck it" and just swipe "yes" for literally *EVERYONE*. I still get no matches.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My coworkers have actually pressured me into hosting a party at my house... for my own benefit of course. I do need to get out of my shell more. A surprising amount of people at work have agreed to show up. Unfortunately, it's rapidly looking like it's going to be a bit of a sausage fest.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have friends or coworkers to set you up with anyone? People (girls especially) love to play matchmaker. As for the self esteem issues, have you tried hitting up the gym? Try getting into lifting. Even if you don't end up looking like Arnold, it's a good way to blow off steam.

Online dating is frustrating. There are like 3 attractive girls within like a 50 mile radius of me. I messaged one, have a nice back and forth, lots of stuff in common, give her my number, and get no reply and no texts. My profile lasted about a week before getting nuked from orbit.

I don't have FB, so no tinder, but I might give that a shot one of these days.

You know how to dance or have someone that can help you out a bit? Like your sis or a friend. Honestly your best chance is to really get out of your comfort zone, go ask a a girl to dance and buy her a drink. Rinse and repeat til one you like says yes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Clean that fucking beard up.  Beards are manly but trim that shit.  Nice sharp edges!
You are a little soft.  Get your ass in the gym.
Start talking to hot chicks many go through the same shit you are because nobody will talk to them.
Go get some casual sex off craigslist, or worst case scenario back page, women smell desperation.  Knock that shit out so you can play the numbers game and dont scare the living shit out of a girl you really like when you first get intimate.

There is nothing wrong with you except you are so wrapped up with the fact that you are a virgin and you are trying too hard.  Remember to put yourself first above all women, until you find one that is worth putting ahead of yourself.  You need to get in the gym, you will be better looking, gain confidence and your testosterone will go up, and women smell that shit and it turns them on.  Seriously best advice you can get.  You don't have to be a dick to them, you dont have to pay for sex.  You just dont know how to really handle women yet and thats ok.  Take up new hobbies, try new things and make new friends.  Go out for social outings with the intention of not loooking for anybody or getting any numbers.  If a woman thinks you don't want her she will try harder to get your attention.  Go out and have some fun dude, if you do any of the things in the post your chances of meeting somebody will go up tremndously and it will happen.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Make this your profile info....

My name is PatriotAr15. I'm 31 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Yea, I'm having shit luck with anyone responding to me either on pof and I'm thinking I should just troll every girl within 40 miles.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I would use a profile pic that was not a "pose", just a head on, genuine smile for the pic. I also would lose the "friends say" part of your bio, opt for "I am" or some other self affirming positive prose. Overall I didn't find it/you to be odd or off putting in any way, must be the whole online deal. Work the IRL angle harder, my man whore years predated the internet, I always did well in first person, so did my friends.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
send dick pics

chicks dig it
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm female and get a lot of messages.  Too bad none of them seem to be what I'm looking for, and many of them DO come off as too desperate.

I keep my account open, but I find myself out "living" more than paying attention to the inbox most of the time.  I have better luck meeting people randomly.

The worst guys are the ones who never bothered to read a word of my profile.  I absolutely refuse to date a liberal too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't had much luck with the online thing, and I've been online since 1992.

Do it in real life, but maybe quit trying so hard.  Do something you like, like biking, kayaking, hiking.  I've heard there are singles groups for outdoor activities.  You could also try church if you are so inclined, or theater, perhaps take some classes.

Don't try to put on an act, people will see right through that.  Just be yourself, but with confidence.  You don't have to showboat, but just carry yourself like you are ready for anything, and do it with a smile.

It's worked for me.  YMMV.

I'm female and get a lot of messages.  Too bad none of them seem to be what I'm looking for, and many of them DO come off as too desperate.

I keep my account open, but I find myself out "living" more than paying attention to the inbox most of the time.  I have better luck meeting people randomly.

The worst guys are the ones who never bothered to read a word of my profile.  I absolutely refuse to date a liberal too.
That's the difference between women and men.

Both men and women are shallow but...

If men go without sex for too long because their standards are too high, they'd be willing to fuck a potato eventually. No matter what, eventually a man will lower his standards to atrocious levels.

If women go without sex because their standards are too high, they just adopt more cats. Women seemingly have an innate ability to just "go without".

This, I think, is why the dating world favors women like you...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What stands out to me is that your writing is grammatically correct.  I skip right over dumbasses who can't write.  
View Quote

I do this also.

Probably hurts my chances of getting a date.  At 58, I probably shouldn't be so particular, (or is it "particuliar")..

I admit I don't know where to meet women.  Don't advise grocery stores, I live right across from one, and basically use it as my refrigerator.

Church?  The most evil women I have ever known I met in church.  Maybe not statistically average, but, if you ever  sit on a hot oven once, and then do it again, you are not going to want to try a third time.

I am on OKC, and if you are in a certain geographic area, it should work.  I kind of live in the country, so it doesn't work for me.  Oddly enough, I met a cousin of a co-worker on OKC, and we are sort of copacetic, though I have never met her.  Probably will never work, but at least it was an experience.

Other than that, I have nothing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sorry to read about your troubles.

Hope your situation improves.

Humans are pack animals. Women are far more concerned with your station in the pack than they are with what you look like.

Try to become a success at something. Try to be able to demonstrate excellence in something in front of women. Sports, hobbies, music, speaking, anything.

Improve yourself or, at the very least, improve how women perceive you.

Good luck. We're on your side.
View Quote
The one thing I found out I'm good at, at work... is talking down patients who are undergoing a Meth Psychosis. I've become known as the "Meth whisperer" at work. lol

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So you like guns, vote R, and have a BGE... Link to profile

View Quote

Plastered...if I hadn't looked at the username!  You changed the banana avatar.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

hummm. no
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So in the spirit of trying to come off as "cocky"... I actually sent this as a line to someone on POF. How does this sound for at least the direction I'm taking it?

[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 750px; overflow: hidden; word-wrap: break-word;'][div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.7em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(49, 49, 49); width: 770px;']You seem like someone who would deserve the honors of going out with me. How about we go out for coffee or drinks sometime?

[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.7em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(49, 49, 49); width: 770px;']

[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.7em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(49, 49, 49); width: 770px;']

hummm. no
Worth a try. I'll try anything at this point.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow.  This is sad and pathetic thread.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So in the spirit of trying to come off as "cocky"... I actually sent this as a line to someone on POF. How does this sound for at least the direction I'm taking it?

You seem like someone who would deserve the honors of going out with me. How about we go out for coffee or drinks sometime?
View Quote

The "be a jerk" method amounts to nothing more than dumpster diving.  In the off chance it does work you're just going to end up with trash.

Just message every chick you find attractive with a profile that makes them sound at least mildly interesting.  Find witty ways to start a convo.  A joke, or start a discussion about something on their profile, shit like that.  The last chick I dated was in to video games, I'm in to video games, so my first message was about video games.  We talked for days over okc, then skype, then phone, hung out a few times, dated for a few months.  She turned out to be a lying bitch, but the above method still worked.  If you only message a few chicks and it's stuff like "hey what's up?" you're not going to stand out from the crowd of guys spamming their inbox every day and they will have no reason to respond to you.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you like guns, vote R, and have a BGE... Link to profile

gotta mix it up every once in a while

i do miss my banana tho
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#22]
To be honest... maybe I just need more alcohol.

The first time I kissed a girl, I had a beer or two in me. Before that, I could never go on a date... and initiate a kiss. The 2nd time I kissed a different girl... she wasn't that great looking, and I was not that interested in her. In fact, I felt she was way below my standards.

She turned out to be a total bitch, and used me for rides, and to take care of her dog when she left town. She offered to fuck me once... but I turned it down because I didn't trust her to not turn around and say "Ok... now that we fucked... give me all your money in your bank, or I will tell the police you raped me". Seriously, she was that terrible of a person.

I eventually told that bitch off, called her a worthless profligate and told her to fornicate herself.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If men go without sex for too long because their standards are too high, they'd be willing to fuck a potato eventually. No matter what, eventually a man will lower his standards to atrocious levels.    

If women go without sex because their standards are too high, they just adopt more cats. Women seemingly have an innate ability to just "go without".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it in real life, but maybe quit trying so hard.  Do something you like, like biking, kayaking, hiking.  I've heard there are singles groups for outdoor activities.  You could also try church if you are so inclined, or theater, perhaps take some classes.

Don't try to put on an act, people will see right through that.  Just be yourself, but with confidence.  You don't have to showboat, but just carry yourself like you are ready for anything, and do it with a smile.

I'm going to be honest--I like sex.  
But I'm not going to mercy fuck someone, and certainly not an ugly someone.  If I just got to do the deed, there are hot guys I know who will accommodate me.  But I do not want to date them, as in the past it hasn't worked out for whatever reason.  It isn't hard to get laid, it's hard to find the total package.

And I don't own a cat.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What this guy said. Plus facial hair is coming back in a big way with girls for some reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No homo but i would stick to the slightly longer hair and beard bro. And change the "looking for a relationship" to something a bit more vague if that's an option?

+1 for BFL hat.

What this guy said. Plus facial hair is coming back in a big way with girls for some reason.

Because facial hair is hot.

And OP, your profile isn't the issue. Not sure what the hang up is, exactly, unless you seem like a mega-creeper in person.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

As I said earlier... I've been trying those features. *VERY* few matches... and I go "fuck it" and just swipe "yes" for literally *EVERYONE*. I still get no matches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Use the carpet-bombing method.  Message every chick you find attractive.  You'll eventually get replies.

On OKC use the quickmatch feature.  If you and someone else 4 or 5 star each other I *think* it alerts both parts.  I also think it notifies chicks when you 4 or 5 star their actual profile, or used to at least.

If you have very few matches then your match filtering is probably all retarded.  I have mine filtering out any chicks below the age of 21 or are not listed as single on their profile.  That's it.  I even let the "has children" through.  I don't really want to take care of someone else's kids due to past experiences, but I'm 29 years old.  At this age if I cut out that option I turn my dating pool in to an abandoned pool with some stagnant water, decomposing leaves, and a broken lawn chair.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
There is never a shortage of crazy women who feel the need to fix broken men. Ask me how I know? I spend the majority of my time listening to emergency nurses. Being depressed in general is not the same as having low self esteem, there is a difference.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are people out there with severe depression who have girlfriends. I know,... I work in mental health (feel free to pity me, lol). How the fuck do they get girlfriends when they have severe depression? My depression is mostly cyclical. I feel "ok" somedays, other days I feel more confident than others... but every once in a while I go into a pretty deep funk. 100% of the time I'm depressed, it's because I start thinking about how lonely I am.

There is a difference. One is a primary symptom of the other.

That's like saying there is a difference between a sore throat and strep throat. You can have a sore throat without strep throat... but you really can't have Strep throat without a sore throat.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The one thing I found out I'm good at, at work... is talking down patients who are undergoing a Meth Psychosis. I've become known as the "Meth whisperer" at work. lol  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry to read about your troubles.

Hope your situation improves.

Humans are pack animals. Women are far more concerned with your station in the pack than they are with what you look like.

Try to become a success at something. Try to be able to demonstrate excellence in something in front of women. Sports, hobbies, music, speaking, anything.

Improve yourself or, at the very least, improve how women perceive you.

Good luck. We're on your side.

Well there you go.  Find a meth chick you know and hit it.

Other than that. If you work around nurses and can't get laid I literally don't know what to tell you

Gr
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Gosh!  I like guns!  (Big surprise, this being AR15.com).

I like women.  As long as they behave.

Maybe this is my problem.

It surely can't be body odor, that has been advertised since the 1950s.

Maybe my independence turns women off, or possibly my wealth.

I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Since you posted it up for all of us to see I felt it wouldn't be an issue for me to quote this. Here are my suggestions.

So where do I begin.....

My name is Retracted. I'm originally from NJ but moved to Casper, WY when I turned 23, and then moved to Peoria, AZ 3 years ago. I work as an EMT at a local medical facility, and I love my job. Helping people in need is a huge passion in my life, and I am so happy to have a job where this is central to my duties.

I like to cook, and love challenging myself with new recipes. I've been told by quite a few people that I'm pretty good at it. It's probably why I'm a bigger guy.

I love to read books, watch tv, movies, play video games. I'm definitely a geek, and love science fiction genres when it comes to books, movies, tv shows, video games etc. I also like comedies and action.

I like to go cycling, if only I can find out why my front tire keeps getting punctured. I love camping, swimming, and target shooting.

I love traveling to new places, but it's a heck of a lot more fun if I had someone to tag along with me... part of the reason I'm on here.

My tastes in music are quite eclectic, as I like country, rock, classic rock, metal, orchestra music, and some rap.

I consider myself to be intelligent, affectionate, and I've been told by a lot of people that I have the patience of a saint. I'm a very compassionate man, which I get to really put to good use at my work place.

Anyways, I feel like I've probably described too much about myself already. I have to allow for a little mystery ladies to unravel. Anyways, if I interest you,
feel free to drop me a message!
View Quote

Everything in red is either unnecessary or just making you sound fucking desperate squared.

What is in purple is less important than what you make of it. Yes they are interests, interests that most 30 year old women will run the fuck away from. Play this down, finding a girl who enjoys it will be a bonus. However at this point this is like hunting sasquach.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Do it, it's cheaper in the long run.  And a lot less of a headache.  Remember you aren't paying FOR sex; you are paying her to leave.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now I'm at the point where I am seriously considering paying for sex.

If that were true... I'd rather not pay her and have her stay and give me more sex, sammiches, and company.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Considering I spent 10 years of my life trying to "get the person, not the twat", and have come up diddly... I am now willing to get "just the twat".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't need to act like an asshole. But give them the amount of respect and attention you would give a guy. Remember it is the person and not the twat you want.

I feel for you but I don't think that was the case. I bet you found women you found attractive and then projected that they were great people.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I honestly want you to find a woman that makes you happy.

I would throw that party, you never now who will show up.

As others have suggested, don't get too hung up on one girl initially. the girls attitude is "men are buses, another one will be along shortly" but you are the bus and going where you want, if she wants to go then hop on.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread has inspired me to go to the gym at 9PM.

Good luck, brah.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
send dick pics

chicks dig it
View Quote

Check your IM.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Are you asking me? or are you suggesting I say this to women?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"How is your relationship with your father?"
Are you asking me? or are you suggesting I say this to women?  

I met my current GF on POF. We have been together for almost a year now. She is 15 years younger than I, but that doesn't matter. You can see a pic of her in the BOTD. I will give you some advice:

1. Hit up the hottest women, you will find that the majority will respond back if you use the correct introduction. IM me and I will message back with an ironclad opening line I used.

2. Don't post anything about firearms in your profile, women will automatically assume that you like to kill little animals if you do....big no-no.

3. Be honest and thorough in your profile. More is better here, but do NOT mention your job or what you own.

4. Post good, clear, photos of yourself.....no pics of you petting a dog, or standing next to a car....women are turned off by that stuff. If you post shirtless photos, girls will love them, but POF does not, so don't post any.

You should easily get at least a couple dozen women per day messaging you if you live in a moderate-sized city (500k+ residents)...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm also trying to wrap my head around how you're not getting laid at work. I literally need to avoid pussy in the hospital. If you're a guy and straight nurses actually try to jump on it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d6/d68d7282e92247a247aefa20bf1cc064785698cc2de6e9167ba6186f9befbe7d.jpg

Step 1:  go to a supermarket....not walmart

2: profile the chicks by the contents of their carts to see who is single

3: I forgot wherei was going with this, kinda drunk

Fuck it just pay.
View Quote

Lmfao
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't be a dick, be yourself, but don't be your nervous, i want to please you self. Honestly,any woman that responds to dickhead behavior is damaged and you didn't want anything to do with her.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Be patient and be yourself. You have to remember that almost every woman on there is inundated with requests to hook up and other sleazy stuff. I think a lot of the decent guys emails get lost in all that! Put a few of your best photos up there and go for it! Just be yourself!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think people get a bit grandiose and wordy when they make up profiles, like they are trying to make their life read like a best selling novel.  Kind of turns me off.   I tend to write off the wall stuff, make some cheeseburgers from sacred cows, and just generally be irreverent.  

Too much Heinlein and Zappa in my youth.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#40]
OP. Pictures of yourself, not selfies. SMILE. Trim the beard. No scrub pics, of if you're going to scrub pic lose the ears. None of that looking ironically away from the camera shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Since you posted it up for all of us to see I felt it wouldn't be an issue for me to quote this. Here are my suggestions.

Everything in red is either unnecessary or just making you sound fucking desperate squared.

What is in purple is less important than what you make of it. Yes they are interests, interests that most 30 year old women will run the fuck away from. Play this down, finding a girl who enjoys it will be a bonus. However at this point this is like hunting sasquach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So where do I begin.....

My name is Retracted. I'm originally from NJ but moved to Casper, WY when I turned 23, and then moved to Peoria, AZ 3 years ago. I work as an EMT at a local medical facility, and I love my job. Helping people in need is a huge passion in my life, and I am so happy to have a job where this is central to my duties.

I like to cook, and love challenging myself with new recipes. I've been told by quite a few people that I'm pretty good at it. It's probably why I'm a bigger guy.

I love to read books, watch tv, movies, play video games. I'm definitely a geek, and love science fiction genres when it comes to books, movies, tv shows, video games etc. I also like comedies and action.

I like to go cycling, if only I can find out why my front tire keeps getting punctured. I love camping, swimming, and target shooting.

I love traveling to new places, but it's a heck of a lot more fun if I had someone to tag along with me... part of the reason I'm on here.

My tastes in music are quite eclectic, as I like country, rock, classic rock, metal, orchestra music, and some rap.

I consider myself to be intelligent, affectionate, and I've been told by a lot of people that I have the patience of a saint. I'm a very compassionate man, which I get to really put to good use at my work place.

Anyways, I feel like I've probably described too much about myself already. I have to allow for a little mystery ladies to unravel. Anyways, if I interest you,
feel free to drop me a message!

I like this. Remember, she wants to be with you, not you want to be with her.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Where are you employed?  Are you underemployed or employed where you don't make enough money or below your potential (eg a min wage job with a college degree?).  If so, change that FIRST, then worry about women.   You need to worry more about making ends meet than finding a women at this point.  Get out there and start slinging your Resume and getting interviews!

Edit:  I see you are an EMT.  Get up in life.  Go for Paramedic or get your RN.   And take advantage of CrossFit discounts.  

Second is where are you living.  If you answer "With my parents" or "with roommates" change that ASAP as well.
Third is your transportation.  If you don't live in a large city, you NEED a car.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#43]
It's honor not honors.  You come across as desperate with no confidence, find a different dating site that does some of the work for you.  That or get involved with different things in your community that other singe people would be into.  

As far as the Big V goes, your close to NV so take a vacation.   That, or be up front about it and use it to your advantage.  

Why didn't you lose your V to your ex?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Why not exclude them? If the fat chicks are hard enough, what chance do I have with a hottie?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't exclude the hot women and try being a jerk.
Why not exclude them? If the fat chicks are hard enough, what chance do I have with a hottie?  

You just lack confidence.  I learned something in high school.  A lot of "hot" girls are free on Friday night.  Too many guys say "She's out of my league."  The worst thing that happens is she doesn't respond.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#45]
serious response, My girlfriend says that taking care of your eyebrows would go a longggggg way. It seems insignificant but women really care about those things.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#46]
OP, I would never admit to GD, those savages, that I was a virgin. You're tougher than most.

edit: from your message i would have kept it simple. "You seem like somebody I would like to get to know." No pretensions phrases.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Maybe some of the Arfcom ladies could review your profile and give some insight.  You seem like an alright dude, good luck OP.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I haven't been single for a very long time so I'm out of the loop.

But after looking at your profile, the longest relationship of less than 1 year seems like a red flag to me.  I'd leave that off or if you can't I'd be tempted to fudge that number just a little.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Remove pics with other girls.  Shave.  Include photos with ambulance in background.  Add photo of some fun activity.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

If you have very few matches then your match filtering is probably all retarded.  I have mine filtering out any chicks below the age of 21 or are not listed as single on their profile.  That's it.  I even let the "has children" through.  I don't really want to take care of someone else's kids due to past experiences, but I'm 29 years old.  At this age if I cut out that option I turn my dating pool in to an abandoned pool with some stagnant water, decomposing leaves, and a broken lawn chair.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I literally have no filters

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top