Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#1]
First of all your on hook up sites. Thats just bad news.

It seems to me that women on online dating sites really love the water. Like the beach, lake or whatever. For the most part they love that shitty country music thats playing now, country rap. They like to travel too. They are also very shallow and are just like men. Men and women window shop on those sites and If the person doesnt look good or whatever they are on to the next one.

So basically act like you like to party and go to wherever has water in your area. And like country music. Dont have shirtless pics in your profile. They hate that for some reason.

I have been on many dates from match . Com and they pretty much turned out to be crazy or broken in some way. All my emails have started with "hey, my name is Eric.......". Dont start off like "yo shawty, show me dem titties" lol. Start a conversation about something in their profile.

Worked for me. Atleast I did get laid a few times lol
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After vetting, or if I was super interested, sure. I guess it depends. A stranger off the internet? That's really a coffee shop during daylight hours situation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

After vetting, or if I was super interested, sure. I guess it depends. A stranger off the internet? That's really a coffee shop during daylight hours situation.

I agree with this.  Meet somewhere that's on neutral ground.  A coffee shop, a Panera, anywhere that will give you(or the other party) a quick exit if you need to.

Quoted:
First of all your on hook up sites. Thats just bad news.
snipl

I wouldn't call match.com a "hook up site."  Are there some people on OKC and PoF that are looking for sex and nothing more? Absolutely.

I know a few people that have had successful online relationships.  In fact, a good friend of mine met someone on OKC, and she's getting married this weekend. Course the guy lives in Seattle, and she's moving from Chicago to live with him.  My sister is another example.  Came home from college, decided to try online(and mind you, this was back in 2000, during the "dark ages" of online dating).  It's 12 years married for her and my brother in law this year.

The entire point of online dating is that it takes out the middle man.  Don't you think when people go out to the bar or club or to some sort of singles function they're not "window shopping?" Of course they are.

And you don't have to "act" like you like or don't like anything.  If someone's profile gives off the "I like to party" vibe, then you don't have to contact them.  

And as far as the "crazy and broken" thing goes, that could easily apply to real life too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Oh damn, really? A bachelor's degree takes 4 years?

Dude. You're not doing anything. No kids, no girlfriend, no mortgage, no cool hobby, no ambitious side job. What the hell are you doing with your time and money that four years on a BSN is out of the question?

Level with me. What's actually holding you back?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about a BSN? You're young, no house note, you could do less OT and still swing it.
BSN? That would take 4 years.    

Oh damn, really? A bachelor's degree takes 4 years?

Dude. You're not doing anything. No kids, no girlfriend, no mortgage, no cool hobby, no ambitious side job. What the hell are you doing with your time and money that four years on a BSN is out of the question?

Level with me. What's actually holding you back?

No shit. You're 31. I'm 44 and doing it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have it saved to my desktop.  This will be re-written for the age group I am in. I just got two unsolicited messages over night after putting some sarcastic qualifications in my profile. Being selective works.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my profile, although I was 30 something (adapted it for a young lad needing help). I got sooooooooo much hate mail. Out of that hate mail, about 25 percent turned into dates. Out of the dates, yeah I slept with about 80 percent of those women.
Now I'm old and settled down.
I have it saved to my desktop.  This will be re-written for the age group I am in. I just got two unsolicited messages over night after putting some sarcastic qualifications in my profile. Being selective works.  
Here's the re-write:

Click To View Spoiler

In a spoiler to save thread space.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No shit. Creepy people lurk on the Internet, and I damn sure ain't meeting one to go on an isolated walkabout in the middle of nowhere. That's a recipe for a missing person alert after a week or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit. Creepy people lurk on the Internet, and I damn sure ain't meeting one to go on an isolated walkabout in the middle of nowhere. That's a recipe for a missing person alert after a week or two.

LOL.  Cowards, both of you.  I posted a add asking if anyone wanted to join me on a 3600 mile road trip through the Rockies and up into Canada and across the Canadian Rockies and got a response.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, have you changed your profile yet? Because (no offense) but it was awful when I last saw it.

One of the best pieces of advice I can give you is: the profile is more important than the message.

How do you know if your profile sucks? Search for men in your area and your age range. You will notice that the majority are incredibly droll, lacking in detail, and barely keep your interest. No wit, no originality. They scream "I'm just another guy, please fuck me!" Don't be that guy.

Note the ones that are different, the ones that catch your attention.

Seriously, as ghey as it sounds, look though other men's profiles and take note of which ones are interesting and which suck hard. Use the best parts of each as a template. All creative writers were influenced by someone else.

There's no need to lie. You can be an accountant. Instead of saying "I'm an Accountant for 87th Street Bank" you could say "I'm working in the financial field, and I love it."

ETA: Your pics.

1) Need pics with wimmenz. Seriously. If you only have pics alone/with family it makes you seem like a loser. You want to look desireable. Which means a pic (or all of them) with solid 7-10 women with you.

Second best to pics with cute ladies are "action" pics. Take a rock climbing class with a friend, and have him/her take pics. Whatever. Something active, not being lonely at home or at work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Good call hombre.

No action shots is kinda weird.

When I was single if I were doing this one of my pics would for sure be the one in my avatar which is from a series of me trap shooting on a sunny blue sky day.

I have the sisters-wedding-pic with my neices nd nephews and a few smiling shots with my big pearly whites showing.

And looking at the camera.

And not holding anything or having my hands in my pockets

Man your pics would weird ne out if I had a daughter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Face it OP, women work way differently than we do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Post a picture of yourself with a semi attractive woman.  Not a drop dead gorgeous woman, but a solid 6 or 7.  

From my OKC days, I have a vague recollection of seeing the profile of some attractive woman from OR, whose best picture was taken in an open field, posed in front of an old chevy pick-up, with several kids around her, while holding an AR.

... the commute would have killed me.

Yes men and women work differently.  Men only look at the pictures.  I put my ideal first date was going out shooting coyotes!  Not one man took me up on it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I put my ideal first date was going out shooting coyotes!  Not one man took me up on it.

View Quote

See, OP?!

You're competing against a gaggle of morans! You can do this!.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post a picture of yourself with a semi attractive woman.  Not a drop dead gorgeous woman, but a solid 6 or 7.  

From my OKC days, I have a vague recollection of seeing the profile of some attractive woman from OR, whose best picture was taken in an open field, posed in front of an old chevy pick-up, with several kids around her, while holding an AR.

... the commute would have killed me.

Yes men and women work differently.  Men only look at the pictures.  I put my ideal first date was going out shooting coyotes!  Not one man took me up on it.

LoL... At that kind of distance, I'd just call in an air strike.

Meanwhile...

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Understand that there is some self-selection bias here, but observe the following from OKCupid:

They failed to include "With hawt chicks," but men appear to most successful with profile pictures showing, in order of importance:

1) Cute aminals.
2) Muskles.
3) Doing something interdasting.

So aside from my hawt chicks suggestions, unless you have furry friend/muscle pics, go out and do something interesting, and bring a friend. Take pics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]
So... ummm,... I actually posted a CL ad like some people here suggested... and I actually got a reply.

Emailing back and forth, and she seems more than willing to meet up for some fun. She actually is going on as if she would be honored to take my v-card.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So... ummm,... I actually posted a CL ad like some people here suggested... and I actually got a reply.

Emailing back and forth, and she seems more than willing to meet up for some fun. She actually is going on as if she would be honored to take my v-card.
View Quote

Some chicks are into that, bro.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Here's an ad:

Extremely rich, handsome successful and truthful gentleman with a huge penis seeks hot supermodel.  Only the horniest and the most beautiful need apply.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

good luck and enjoy it if you get to score

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Dude, post a picture on your profile wearing scrubs and smiling.  Women will eat that shit up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Good call hombre.

When I was single if I were doing this one of my pics would for sure be the one in my avatar which is from a series of me trap shooting on a sunny blue sky day.

I have the sisters-wedding-pic with my neices nd nephews and a few smiling shots with my big pearly whites showing.

View Quote
While profile pics of women shooting guns tends to attract men, I somehow doubt it has the same effect on women, even if the women are into guns themselves. I think it scares them off.

I swear, women are like squirrels on dating sites. The littlest thing will set them off and lose interest and/or get scared.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bro, not to be a buzz kill, but if someone is willing to randomly fuck you based on a CL ad, something is up.  I'd bet a paycheck it's either a dude, tranny, HIV/hepatitis infested, morbidly obese, or a setup to get robbed.

I know you want to get your groove on, but I'd proceed with extreme caution and no matter what, don't take "her" to your home (or tell her where you live for that matter).

ETA:

To clarify, "normal" girls can get laid anytime, they don't get on casual encounters.  Ask yourself why a women would be on there and proceed from there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Never flatter hot girls with the stuff they're confident about. That's leg humping. Don't do it.

Instead, find out what that girl is insecure about and compliment her on that. Call an ugly girl pretty, a dumb girl smart, a girl who thinks she's bad good.
View Quote
That wasn't leg humping. That was me just reflecting on the reality of what would happen if someone tried to murder someone they had no idea was armed with a handgun.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bro, not to be a buzz kill, but if someone is willing to randomly fuck you based on a CL ad, something is up.  I'd bet a paycheck it's either a dude, tranny, HIV/hepatitis infested, morbidly obese, or a setup to get robbed.

I know you want to get your groove on, but I'd proceed with extreme caution and no matter what, don't take "her" to your home (or tell her where you live for that matter).

ETA:

To clarify, "normal" girls can get laid anytime, they don't get on casual encounters.  Ask yourself why a women would be on there and proceed from there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

I actually googled her name... she's a real person and seems to be exactly who she says she is. The pic she gave me is actually her.

I decided that I'm going to probably meet her in a public place first.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Something I've noticed about my friends trying to pick up girls, is that if you can't do it in person, you're even worse at it online.

What I mean is this. If you're terrible with women, you'll say less to them in person. One of those, "It's better to be thought a fool..." things.

Online, you just let that freak flag fly, and scare off even the ones that might have fucked you in person.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Take classes. Yoga, photography, dance or whatever. Chat up every woman you meet. Just say hi and make a joke. Then just move on. Don't act desperate or needy. If she gives you a number call her tomorrow not right away.

You need a boat. Bitches love boats.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I actually googled her name... she's a real person and seems to be exactly who she says she is. The pic she gave me is actually her.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Cool, that's a good idea.  Just remember, a guy who is desperately trying to get laid can be prone to making some bad decisions, and there are people out there trying to take advantage of that.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#24]

get a motorcycle and a tattoo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

If her penis is bigger than yours, you'll probably want to tap out........:-)   good luck!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

if you meet her, and the conversation turns towards exchanging money for favors - COP.  
if after the deed is done, she asks for her money... unwittingly got hookered.  pay up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

if you meet her, and the conversation turns towards exchanging money for favors - COP.  
if after the deed is done, she asks for her money... unwittingly got hookered.  pay up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid advice.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think she's a hooker. Based on some googling, she actually does seem educated, talented, and well employed.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't think she's a hooker. Based on some googling, she actually does seem educated, talented, and well employed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LOL.  Cowards, both of you.  I posted a add asking if anyone wanted to join me on a 3600 mile road trip through the Rockies and up into Canada and across the Canadian Rockies and got a response.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag113/bruunauto/trip_zps88447c92.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag113/bruunauto/trip_zps88447c92.jpg

Fine. I'll meet you in the wilderness. Bring your kidneys.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That wasn't leg humping. That was me just reflecting on the reality of what would happen if someone tried to murder someone they had no idea was armed with a handgun.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never flatter hot girls with the stuff they're confident about. That's leg humping. Don't do it.

Instead, find out what that girl is insecure about and compliment her on that. Call an ugly girl pretty, a dumb girl smart, a girl who thinks she's bad good.

It doesn't matter what you think it was, it matters what the girl thinks it is. You came off wrong. That's all. Just fix it and prosper.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey OP...I'm going to IM you
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I recently registered to OKC just to test the waters. I've been told I'm ''handsome'' but not "Hot" by some of the females on there so I guess I'm pretty average in the looks department. I set the age range from 18-49. Search area anywhere in a 100 mile radius. Only view people 'online now'.

I send messages to EVERYONE that's not morbidly obese/disgustingly ugly. Even if I know I'll never meet them or anything else IRL just to chat with them. I'd say a good 70% of the time nobody messages back. If they at least view your profile you are notified so you can immediately message them back and be like "You could at least have said hello." or whatever and draw them into a convo.

You have to realize a decent looking female on there probably gets several DOZEN messages a day from average guys. They get the 'players' trying to spit game, the trolls doing copy-pastas, and the 'nice' guys just trying to make normal convo. Most of them want someone who's clever/funny/original. I'll probably never date anyone from there but it blows my mind how many over-weight middle aged, divorced, single mothers are on there and have princess syndrome. I swear if they didn't have such high standards they probably wouldn't be in the position they're in.

Maybe 5% of the time I find one who's DTF. Literally, lets meet for drinks tonight and get it on ready. Most get offended at that suggestion because they they claim they are past that point in their life and want to "settle down" with prince charming.

I should do tinder but I've no facebook.

BTW just a bit of advice. If your on there your probably a fairly boring guy. Nothing wrong with that. Too much honesty isn't going to get you anywhere. I put some things jokingly on my profile that has gotten some responses... Movie references and stuff like that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

See, told you.  Now just make sure you're safe.  Condoms, dental dams, let someone you trust know where you'll be and about when you should be free.. that kinda shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Heres a more recent pic I had taken by a coworker.

View Quote

I only read the first couple of pages, so not sure how much had been said after that, but:

1) Being confident, fun, different, and exciting is important.  Everyone who said that women can smell self consciousness and confidence like sharks can smell blood is 100% right.  When you chill, and get in a better place emotionally, it will come much more naturally and easily.

2) Your pics in your profile could use some spicing up...borrow a nice suit and tie if you have to, have some with friends enjoying a good time, smile, for God's sake!  In this pic you posted here, you honestly look like a super sad Silent Bob, who just had his puppy run away.  Cheer up, bro; displaying a frown, in a situation where you are trying to show the world your absolute best, happiest, most great to be around facet, is going to kill the deal before it even gets started.  Think of it like a job interview; present your absolute greatest that anyone is ever going to see.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Here's the re-write:  

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

The above is up for the Friday evening prowl.

Will report back if anything interesting happens.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have no advice.  I am just here for the lulz.
View Quote

SPNI
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#38]
As for the people hating on 'internet dating' I used to be part of that crowd too. Then you find out there are guys banging a different women just bout every week and they meet them on dating apps...

Honestly 15 minutes of messaging per day and maybe an hour or two of in person time and you can be getting laid. Minimal effort.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#39]
OP- Read Your IM's I sent you, Study and Learn  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

ETA: Your pics.

1) Need pics with wimmenz. Seriously. If you only have pics alone/with family it makes you seem like a loser. You want to look desireable. Which means a pic (or all of them) with solid 7-10 women with you.

Second best to pics with cute ladies are "action" pics. Take a rock climbing class with a friend, and have him/her take pics. Whatever. Something active, not being lonely at home or at work.
View Quote

Only works if you know women.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here's the re-write:  

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my profile, although I was 30 something (adapted it for a young lad needing help). I got sooooooooo much hate mail. Out of that hate mail, about 25 percent turned into dates. Out of the dates, yeah I slept with about 80 percent of those women.

Here's the re-write:  

Click To View Spoiler

I approve!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I recently registered to OKC just to test the waters. I've been told I'm ''handsome'' but not "Hot" by some of the females on there so I guess I'm pretty average in the looks department. I set the age range from 18-49. Search area anywhere in a 100 mile radius. Only view people 'online now'.

I send messages to EVERYONE that's not morbidly obese/disgustingly ugly. Even if I know I'll never meet them or anything else IRL just to chat with them. I'd say a good 70% of the time nobody messages back. If they at least view your profile you are notified so you can immediately message them back and be like "You could at least have said hello." or whatever and draw them into a convo.

You have to realize a decent looking female on there probably gets several DOZEN messages a day from average guys. They get the 'players' trying to spit game, the trolls doing copy-pastas, and the 'nice' guys just trying to make normal convo. Most of them want someone who's clever/funny/original. I'll probably never date anyone from there but it blows my mind how many over-weight middle aged, divorced, single mothers are on there and have princess syndrome. I swear if they didn't have such high standards they probably wouldn't be in the position they're in.

Maybe 5% of the time I find one who's DTF. Literally, lets meet for drinks tonight and get it on ready. Most get offended at that suggestion because they they claim they are past that point in their life and want to "settle down" with prince charming.

I should do tinder but I've no facebook.

BTW just a bit of advice. If your on there your probably a fairly boring guy. Nothing wrong with that. Too much honesty isn't going to get you anywhere. I put some things jokingly on my profile that has gotten some responses... Movie references and stuff like that.
View Quote

I rarely send a message first, unless it's someone that is really interesting.

Generally, I get on once a week, tops twice. I go through the new profiles. Anything decent to me and I will visit the page a read the profile. I never browse privately , so they can see I was there and somewhat interested.

A lot of women do browse privately on the first visit, so once they've checked your profile and you see it, the chances are they are interested, and it's the second time they visited.

If a girl visits my profile that I find attractive, I'll go back and rate their profile.

NOBODY gets 5 stars, nobody.  Everybody gets a 4. There's a reason for that.

Once I've given a rating, they generally make the first contact, usually just a "Hi", or a short sentence.

I will make contact if they don't after a period of three or four days of me rating the profile.

Sometimes it goes well, others not, but remember nobody is desirable to everyone.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I might be imagining things, but one of the nurses always smiles, laughs, and lightly touches my arms when she is around me. I think she's into me... which is odd because at work, I'm not really in "game mode", and... she's probably seen and heard me talk about how crummy things are going in life, and seen me be pretty vulnerable.

She always manages to cheer me up... and I really like her, but there is a serious caveat. She's married, and that's a line I don't cross. I might be somewhat desperate, but... I refuse to be a home-wrecker. I could never forgive myself for that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are around medical women? Nurses specifically?

Go find one and befriend her, then ask her what the fuck is wrong with you. How are you near nurses and not getting your prostate licked in the linen closet is totally beyond me.
I might be imagining things, but one of the nurses always smiles, laughs, and lightly touches my arms when she is around me. I think she's into me... which is odd because at work, I'm not really in "game mode", and... she's probably seen and heard me talk about how crummy things are going in life, and seen me be pretty vulnerable.

She always manages to cheer me up... and I really like her, but there is a serious caveat. She's married, and that's a line I don't cross. I might be somewhat desperate, but... I refuse to be a home-wrecker. I could never forgive myself for that.  

I'm a fat guy with a small dick who dresses like shit(camo pants and t shirts to every event) I'm probably a strong 4 at best(seriously like a troll under a bridge) I shave like once every quarter i am married to a beautiful woman way outside my league and have always dated very pretty girls why? im a confident motherfucker and talking to women dosent scare me shit when I was 22 I moved back in with my folks for 6 months to goto mechanic school living in my parents basement no car dating a model who would pick me up in her Mercedes and take me out to dinner lol

All this advice about getting in shape and dressing like a douch are mainly about building up your confidence but you have to be comfortable in your own skin I could never get away wiith wearing jerseys because I don't know the first thing about sports

You should go places where you can interact/flirt with women in situations where there's no possibility of getting a date that way you can be at ease....when your at the bank flirt with the teller a little if your picking up a pack of smokes at the gas station strike up a conversation with the girl at the register be cheesey who cares
that kind of stuff will start to work its way into your every day life and before you know it one of the hundreds of women you interact with every week will flirt back

I would not spend one second on those stupid dating sites there a total waste of time unless you look like my brother he pulls tons of girls on tinder and pof but he's in the gym for 2 hours every day and who the hell has time for that

When you chase the pussy that shit runs if you act like you don't give one shit about getting it or not you'll be over run
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I only read the first couple of pages, so not sure how much had been said after that, but:

1) Being confident, fun, different, and exciting is important.  Everyone who said that women can smell self consciousness and confidence like sharks can smell blood is 100% right.  When you chill, and get in a better place emotionally, it will come much more naturally and easily.

2) Your pics in your profile could use some spicing up...borrow a nice suit and tie if you have to, have some with friends enjoying a good time, smile, for God's sake!  In this pic you posted here, you honestly look like a super sad Silent Bob, who just had his puppy run away.  Cheer up, bro; displaying a frown, in a situation where you are trying to show the world your absolute best, happiest, most great to be around facet, is going to kill the deal before it even gets started.  Think of it like a job interview; present your absolute greatest that anyone is ever going to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And...Think of it this way: You aren't SUPPOSED TO BE posing for a statue. You are auditioning for a job.  If you aren't being photographed actually engaged in some physical activity, LOOK at the camera.

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-take-the-perfect-headshot-six-tips/

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I approve!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the re-write:  

Click To View Spoiler

I approve!

That just got copied and pasted into 4000 profiles. Nice writing... no way the OP could back it up... yet.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
First of all a couple of things about your description of yourself:

• You are not 5' 9". You are 6'0". I don't care if the tape measure says 5' 9". You. Are. 6. Foot. Chicks can't gauge height for crap anyways, so don't worry about it.

• You have never heard of video games. You don't even know what they are. Fucking sorcery as far as you're concerned. So don't mention them.

• Use the 'half your age plus seven' rule for the lower end of your 'looking for' age. Round up. Saying '18' will set off alarm bells for women.

Second, you need three pictures:

• A photo taken by a professional (or talented amateur) photographer with a DSLR with you wearing business casual. The scrubs and stethoscope will work too. The idea here is to establish that you have a stable career and money.

• A candid photo of you doing something interesting. Think rock-climbing or wind-surfing. I don't care if you don't actually do anything interesting; it's just a photo to give the appearance that you're interesting.

• A photo of you in a group at a bar or other social setting. Group must contain at least two attractive females. The purpose here is to establish that you aren't some asocial weirdo, and that attractive women like being around you.

Third, you are not looking for anything serious, like a relationship. You are looking for fun. You must give the impression that you don't need anyone and you're just doing this internet dating shit for a lark. Male neediness is industrial strength vaginal desiccant. Exude the attitude that you give zero fucks, and don't care whether she dates you or not.

Fourth, move things to IRL face-to-face within 3-4 messages. You're not looking for a penpal, you're looking for a date so make one. Don't get caught in this limbo of emailing each other back and forth fifty times. The second or third message you send her (counting your opening message) should ask her to meet you somewhere for coffee or a drink.

If she blows you off, move on to the next girl. A lot of girls on dating sites are just window shopping and/or soaking up attention & compliments for a free ego boost. Don't waste your time on any one girl because you're going to have to send out dozens or hundreds of opening messages to get a single date.

Look rich, look tall, look social, look interesting, and look desireless. After that, it's just a matter of message volume.
View Quote

And right there is your answer, on page 4. Someone let me know if the additional 7 pages are worth reading?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I almost never comment on GD, but seeing as how you're local, some advice:

Dating in AZ (e.g. Phoenix/Tucson) sucks beyond belief. I'm a near 50yo AZ native that has his shit together, isn't fat, etc.
Response rates are realistically about 1-5%, so yeah, expect to send 20 messages for a single response. It's not you,
it's just how broken dating (and online dating) is. Your age works for you right now, you're getting into the golden numbers
where you can date women in 20s and 30s and the pool grows.

Try craigslist. Seriously. There are plenty of scary women there, but I get probably one response for every 4-5 ads posted
for sex (not that things go anywhere, but hey, they're answering) and the rate is much higher for ads posted on the
conventional dating board, especially if you can write something interesting or funny. Plus the women respond to you,
and not the other way around.

There's no username on a CL ad so you can run multiple ads (up to five a day) and I wouldn't be shocked if there's a
woman with a de-virginizing kink out there, might as blow one of the five ads a day you get stating that fact and see
what nibbles you get. Do other ads that play up different angles, flirty, serious, whatever. If you're consistent something
will turn up. If you're not choosey and don't mind banging Shamu, well, you can definitely make that happen, trust
me, Shamu will be writing you.
View Quote

If you think it sucks in Phoenix/Tucson, it must be downright depressing in Yuma. My single friends drive 2.5 hours to San Diego because it sucks here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be a dummy, cum on her tummy
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

While profile pics of women shooting guns tends to attract men, I somehow doubt it has the same effect on women, even if the women are into guns themselves. I think it scares them off.

I swear, women are like squirrels on dating sites. The littlest thing will set them off and lose interest and/or get scared.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good call hombre.

Or it could be the number of inquiries we receive.  I met my husband on OK Cupid.  I was an active member for only a few weeks when I started chatting with my husband he was by far the most interesting of the men I spoke with.  On average I would say on OKCupid I received 10-15 PM invites during an evening.  I am not able to chat with multiple people so I would only chat with who kept me interested.  If I was chatting with a man who was chatting with others I would just tell them to look me up when they were done and usually I never heard from them again.

After chatting with my now husband for a few days, I simply started ignoring all other PMs and put a message on my page that I am investigating a member here and an unable to pay attention to more than one man at a time.  I doubt any of the men read this as I still received PMs but in a few weeks I exchanged phone numbers and we were chatting off of the site.  

I went back a few years ago to re-read my honey's messages to me and to figure out when we had 'met' and I wasn't on for more than a few minutes when I got a PM "Things didn't work out"  I hadn't been on the site for a few years prior.  I simply replied back, no actually it went quite well, I only logged on to reread our messages.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually this is very good advice and to go a step further use the girls pictures to strike up interesting conversations.  Hey that's a cool picture of you at the beach, do you go there often?  I like the picture of you with your friends it looks like you are well loved.  This shows you paid attention and breaks the ice.

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top