Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I was born and raised there, first 21 years of my life.  

Growing up, I liked it.  I'll get a lot of people saying WTF man, but I was never bored, and it was safe enough to ride bike wherever, go out and shoot, hunt, etc.  

Now...I hate going back.  The oil has changed the place.  Brought in more people, so, more crime, traffic, meth and outsiders.  It's not the small town I grew up in anymore and my parents are the only family I have left there and they are looking to get out.  

They overbuilt...cheaply, and without thinking.  Now there are tons of people trying to dump land/homes they overpaid for.  

Granted its cold as hell, but I really didn't mind it that much, although it was all I knew.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Minot actually has stuff. I lived in Redby for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the only thing you like to do is sit in a room and jerkoff... Minot is for you!

This.

I'm in Minot right now. Spend a couple or three nights a month here on average. Highlight of my day, besides heading home, is trying to decide between drinking at Crapplebees or drinking at BWW.

RC
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
It's great if you like hunting and fishing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.

I'm in Minot right now. Spend a couple or three nights a month here on average. Highlight of my day, besides heading home, is trying to decide between drinking at Crapplebees or drinking at BWW.

Ever try Souris River Brewing? Microbrew joint with a restaurant.

RC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the only thing you like to do is sit in a room and jerkoff... Minot is for you!

This.

RC

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I really hope winter falls on a weekend this year in my neck of the woods...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]
As a native of North Dakota I love this thread, especially the tejanos bitching about the cold.

I hate Minot, I swear retarded meth monkeys designed the lay out of the town.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a native of North Dakota I love this thread, especially the tejanos bitching about the cold.

View Quote

Ok, I went for the interview  and in fact got a job offer too and I couldn't find one part of the town that was more than 13 minutes from any other part. The housing is a bit expensive for small city, but not outrageous.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I went camping this weekend and it was 20 degrees. I was freezing. Nope nope nope!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I lived there in the mid 80's.  Town and the people were great. Got invited to Sunday Brunch the first time at the church.

Don Burdette screwed every airman on their car purchase.

You could go almost anywhere and shoot.  There was an old foundation south of the base and north of Minot that I went to shoot at. Used as a dump, but full of fun stuff to shoot.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ok, I went for the interview  and in fact got a job offer too and I couldn't find one part of the town that was more than 13 minutes from any other part. The housing is a bit expensive for small city, but not outrageous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're looking for a realtor, there's one sitting next to me right now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be apartment living for me if I take this job. I do appreciate it though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
What are your thoughts on methamphetamine consumption?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Blue laws suck there.

Some hot college women all engaged though. Fuck em until the wedding day is what we said!!!!!

Otherwise it sucks as living there in the winter which is September to June.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#15]
There is an interesting strip club downtown area that we went to a few times. The women are teachers in Fargo or whatever major Minnesota city is on the boarder.

Blew my mind how hot the teachers where even in their teacher clothes when they showed me pics. Could have been all BS as i was probably pretty drunk.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#17]
pretty sad when u happily climb into an aircraft that has cold soaked in -20 weather for a week to get warm. and out of the wind.
the flight-line at Minot.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

There is an interesting strip club downtown area that we went to a few times. The women are teachers in Fargo or whatever major Minnesota city is on the boarder.
Blew my mind how hot the teachers where even in their teacher clothes when they showed me pics. Could have been all BS as i was probably pretty drunk.
View Quote
LOL you must be thinking of Moorehead MN  

also Minot has no strip clubs :-( and is nowhere close to mn

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:24:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had a cucv blazer that came out of there, once upon a time.

It had an electric engine block heater installed on it.   That, to me, is a bad sign.
View Quote

Mine came from Devils Lake
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

RC

Souris River Brewery is a good place, usually with cute waitresses.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to Minot! Haha

There's a few Arfcommer running around town. My BFL sticker on my truck is blocked by my tool box now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
pretty sad when u happily climb into an aircraft that has cold soaked in -20 weather for a week to get warm. and out of the wind.
the flight-line at Minot.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
View Quote

Truer words have never been spoken. The bunk does make it pretty easy to nap though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I lived there when I was young. This picture sums up my memories of that time:

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/KingRat_photos/NorthDakota_zps8fa03540.jpg      
View Quote

My granddad grew up in the area.  Told me a story once about how he and a buddy borrowed his dads car to do something with some girls.  He was driving along a country road in the winter time, looked over, and happened to notice the fence that was on his left should have been on his right.  Said he was damn happy to finally get back on the road because the car wouldn't have come out till Spring, and that was a lot of time for his dad to whip his ass.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They overbuilt...cheaply, and without thinking.  Now there are tons of people trying to dump land/homes they overpaid for.  

View Quote

Where I want some land.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I was stationed there in the early 80's--It is a God forsaken place.Locals are nice people.About all there is to do in the winter is go out in the bone chilling cold and go ice fishing or snow mobiling or participate in the state sport---trying to drink away how miserable you are in this frozen wasteland.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Orignally PostednKey153:
It's probably celsius. They may as well be Canadian anyway...
View All Quotes
Orignally PostednKey153:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It will slowly suck the life from you.....I lived there for a year and a half......

due to the last flood, and influx of oilfield workers (who are mostly not "assets" to the community), there is no such thing as affordable housing......."fine dining" is Buffalo Wild Wings,  and since I've never enjoyed either hunting or fishing, about all there was to do was either stagger around the mall, or drink-to-passout.....

and then there's this.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/villafuego/734838_10152436770600246_1493289365_n.jpg

What are all those minus signs before the temp?  

It's probably celsius. They may as well be Canadian anyway...
At -38 it really doesnt matter which one it is.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Its 40 below got a heater in my truck, don't give a fukc and I'm off to the rodeo!

And that is on the 4th of July!

I $hit you not!

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#28]
That pic of a snow/wind-swept highway is exactly how I remember ND. I spent a couple of weeks in Grand Forks during the winter. -20 every day. Was amused to talk to people that came down from Flin Flon way up in Canada for a vacation weekend at the hotel where I was staying. On the flip side; I also spent a couple of weeks during the summer and it was beautiful.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Which is why people are leaving the midwest in droves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lived there when I was young. This picture sums up my memories of that time:
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/KingRat_photos/NorthDakota_zps8fa03540.jpg      

Meh. Could be anywhere in the midwest in January.

Which is why people are leaving the midwest in droves.

Good.   I grew up in the Midwest.   I spent years traveling all over the world for work and there is no place I would rather be.   Cold weather has a good way of weeding out the undesireables.   Low crime,  low cost of living, and good jobs in my neck of the woods.

I lived in Fargo,  ND for awhile.   Nice town.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's the AF equivalent of PTSD.

I have heard that they sometimes don't have Hot Cocoa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to work with a guy who told me he used to wake up in the middle of the night, when he was in the Air Force, having nightmares about being transferred there.

That's the AF equivalent of PTSD.

I have heard that they sometimes don't have Hot Cocoa.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top