User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
 Astra Cub .22 Short - Colt Jr .25 - Baby Browning .25

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a FN marked baby Browning I've had since the 70's.

Nice gun, shitty round.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
TPH

I've only fired a 22lr example, but I'd take a German one in any caliber. I just can't justify the cost.

Beretta Jetfires are nice too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you, was going to post something along these lines.  Seems like every time mouseguns come up, someone does the "hurr hurr hurr wudja wanna be shot wit' one?  Must be good, then!  Hurr hurr hurr!" argument.  I wouldn't want to be shot with a BB gun; WTF does that prove?

I certainly hope all my enemies choose BB guns or mouseguns, while I stick with .357 or .45 ACP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like see all the people who claim, tha the .25 is nothing, I like to see them prove the point, and volunteer to take some .25 bullets in their belly. Any volunteers?

World's stupidest argument. Would you let me poke a bobby pin in your eye? No? Therefore a bobby pin is effective defensive weapon.

Thank you, was going to post something along these lines.  Seems like every time mouseguns come up, someone does the "hurr hurr hurr wudja wanna be shot wit' one?  Must be good, then!  Hurr hurr hurr!" argument.  I wouldn't want to be shot with a BB gun; WTF does that prove?

I certainly hope all my enemies choose BB guns or mouseguns, while I stick with .357 or .45 ACP.

Having used one in self-defence, it's certainly better than having nothing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Jennings
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like see all the people who claim, tha the .25 is nothing, I like to see them prove the point, and volunteer to take some .25 bullets in their belly. Any volunteers?

World's stupidest argument. Would you let me poke a bobby pin in your eye? No? Therefore a bobby pin is effective defensive weapon.

The Bauer Automatic gained a large following with undercover cops because of its diminutive size. It is a great third or last ditch weapon eg; full size G17, S&W Bodyguard, Colt Detective or Walther PPKS and finally a Bauer or Baby Browning.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This…

Look, if the choice is between using a 9mm Glock loaded with Gold Dots (Hardly my first choice, but undeniably effective) or any .25ACP pistol, then only a fool would choose the .25acp. Likewise a .380 is far more effective for self defense. Even a .22 LR is better in that it can be somewhat relied on to penetrate deeply… although the rimfire ammo is not nearly as reliable as centerfire cartridges.

But if my choice is to fight someone hand to hand or fight them hand to hand after I have shot them 6 times with a .25ACP then I’m going to go with the .25ACP.

So yea, if you can carry a bigger gun you should carry a bigger gun. However, if a .25 is all you can carry, it is better than nothing
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:48:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This…

Look, if the choice is between using a 9mm Glock loaded with Gold Dots (Hardly my first choice, but undeniably effective) or any .25ACP pistol, then only a fool would choose the .25acp. Likewise a .380 is far more effective for self defense. Even a .22 LR is better in that it can be somewhat relied on to penetrate deeply… although the rimfire ammo is not nearly as reliable as centerfire cartridges.

But if my choice is to fight someone hand to hand or fight them hand to hand after I have shot them 6 times with a .25ACP then I’m going to go with the .25ACP.

So yea, if you can carry a bigger gun you should carry a bigger gun. However, if a .25 is all you can carry, it is better than nothing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This…

In my case it was the best I could do with the lack of notice given to me by the other party.  If I could have had some time for preparation, I would have preferred to have one of my rifles.  Just wasn't an option.

However, one thing I will say about those little .25s is that they are quite convenient and easily concealable in minimal clothing and it makes it an easy pistol to constantly have on one's person even in cases where a full-sized pistol would be rather inconvenient or difficult to carry around.  Some of the old .25s like my Colt are just things of beauty, too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Raven.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]
For alittle over $90 you might find an original Raven.  After the Saturday night festivities, wipe it off and just drop it on the ground as you walk away.  Never speak of it again.  BTW you were smart enough to not leave any fingerprints on the magazine or cartridges, right?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:37:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:53:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Firstly, I'm glad you're alive.

Having said that, would you mind telling us the story of your SD shoot?

Specifically:

Make/model/type of weapon and ammo?

Did you aim?

Where was the felon hit?

What kind of ammo?

How effective was it?

ETA: Time of year, and was the felon wearing a jacket?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:37:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Specifically:

Did you aim?

Where was the felon hit?

What kind of ammo?

How effective was it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specifically:

Did you aim?

Where was the felon hit?

What kind of ammo?

How effective was it?

Colt M1908 Vest Pocket.  WWB ball ammo.  Yes, I aimed, although probably not with the greatest care (the sights are not exactly that great on the Vest Pocket).  Range was about 15 paces by my estimate based on walking through the scene later.  The guy was not hit although he subsequently decided not to return fire and to flee instead and almost ran me over with his truck.  I have no idea how he was dressed.  Until I saw what the guy looked like after the fact I couldn't even describe his face, it was just a blur in my memory (I would never have been able to identify him in a lineup).  I was way too focused on his gun and later on getting out of the way of his vehicle.  It was the wintertime, but it wasn't all that cold (SoCal usually isn't).  It was nighttime just outside of my parent's home.  The Colt was the only thing available because I had come home to visit my parents and brought my guns and it rained on the way down and they all got wet so they had all been disassembled for cleaning except for the Colt for which I also had a loaded magazine handy.  I don't really care to discuss it much beyond that.  Not a great example since it was the act of shooting by itself that [somewhat] ended the threat rather than the effect of the ammunition.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#15]
One step up from the Baby Browning is the Bauer clone of the BB.  Stainless Steel with dual recoil springs.  Carried one as a hideout gun for years.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Beretta Jetfire, with the Baby Browning style guns a close second.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Baby Browning.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We had a Houston Police Officer shot dead with one round to his torso by a .25 ACP.
They are not exactly a toy.
View Quote

No vest?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beretta 950.

Google NUTNFANCY.

http://handguns.g00net.org/Beretta/PicB_950_jetfire.jpg

I traded a mosin & $100 for my 950. It's my backup pocket gun. Shoots pretty good with 45 gr Blaser HP.

I also have a double action MAS(striker fired) my uncle brought back from France. He carried it for many years then traded it to my Dad who carried till he died. It hangs in my safe now.
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've got a little Kassnar PSP-25 I bought back in 1995.  It's an exact copy of the Babies, like the PSA's.

It's actually a nice shooting little gun.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/StevesZZ5/AD318CE1-1F1E-41DE-8BC8-974029DFB224_zps62t7x7kk.jpg
View Quote

Want
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For alittle over $90 you might find an original Raven.  After the Saturday night festivities, wipe it off and just drop it on the ground as you walk away.  Never speak of it again.  BTW you were smart enough to not leave any fingerprints on the magazine or cartridges, right?

<a href="http://s813.photobucket.com/user/ma96782/media/Real%20Weights/RealWeights006.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/ma96782/Real%20Weights/RealWeights006.jpg</a>

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

I have one. Paid $70 it's for sure pot metal type quality that being said that little pos has never once had a malfunction. I've shot it quite a bit and let new shooters use it never had any issue.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree it's better than nothing but it don't take much to have something way more effective.  Please tell us about your experience.  I'm guessing the perp is still using up our O2.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, everytime I read it want to deck someone.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top