Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 11:56:24 PM EDT
I'm assuming its typically advised against, but for those of you that are fortunate enough to-what do you choose to carry? How difficult do you find it to conceal in the work place? What do you do to make carrying easier?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm assuming its typically advised against, but for those of you that are fortunate enough to-what do you choose to carry? How difficult do you find it to conceal in the work place? What do you do to make carrying easier?
View Quote

I choose not to, because I don't want to risk my good paying job.  

It would probably be pretty easy to do, though...because we employ Keystone Cops for security, and they don't do physical searches.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

All day every day with the same setup I use outside of work.

NOTE: Untucked black shirts do wonders to conceal things.   Works great for fatties also...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I conceal nothing! I keep my pistol within arms reach almost all the time. I have the benefit of running the business while the actual owner is a close friend! He has a weapon within reach at most times as well!

Also I have taught the one employee we have to shoot......so there is that!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Before I had a locking office I carried on my waist or under my arm. Now I keep  my pistol in a bag (murse, satchel, etc) and lock it up if I leave my office
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I work for family in small business. Not open to the general public. I OC and sometimes IWB a Glock 19 or commander size .45 1911. When w  have foreign visitors once in a while, pocket carry a Kahr PM9. I always love when vendors come by and either act like I'm going to shoot them or start talking shop about guns and gear. It's usually one or the other.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

NOTE: Untucked black shirts do wonders to conceal things.   Works great for fatties also...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry a Springfield Operator Champion 1911 everyday.

I'm a supervisor for a oilfield company. My immediate boss and our safty guy are the only ones that know I carry at work. No fucks given....
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess i probably shouldve added- what field of work are you guys in? Ever caught any flack for it? Employee handbooks don't really state you can't?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Concealed means concealed. If anybody knows that I carry, they don't care.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
My job has no employee handbook. I carry daily, and my go to box cutter is my Boker AK74 automatic knife.

Last week, my boss called me on my day off to help move a desk. I was OC'ing, and when I showed up, she took offense that I was carrying, and that people should be allowed to carry guns.

Fuck her, I've been carrying every day I've been employed with her, and the one time she finds out, was my day off. I just said, "Sunday, Gunday," when she asked why I had a gun on my hip.

To sum it up, fuck liberals, fuck Democrats, fuck anyone who is offended by the carry of guns/weapons.

ETA: I work retail in a pet food store.

We also supply dog food to all the Des Moines K9 units.

One day, an officer was in getting food. A regular customer started bitching to me after he left how he shouldn't be carrying his gun into the store, despite him being on duty.

I just smiled and nodded, knowing I had my Glock closer to her than he ever got.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a SpeedVault mounted under my desk.  I used to carry a pistol in and out, but after forgetting to take it home a couple of times I figured it was better to just leave something locked up in the office.  I suppose I'm banking on the fact that I'll be in or close to my office if something goes down.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess i probably shouldve added- what field of work are you guys in? Ever caught any flack for it? Employee handbooks don't really state you can't?
View Quote

Automotive repair. No hand book as it is a small "mom and pop" shop!.

Again as I said before I am the manager of this small time shop, being armed or at least knowing how to handle a fire arm is not a shocker here!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Currently taking time off work right now, but I was allowed to open carry at my previous place of employment.

I just used a leather flap holster for burning hot 7018's and a Tom Threeperson's style rig for a chipping hammer

I hope the next place I interview at allows cc at work.

At aforementioned place of employment, some motherfucker went around stabbing people with a knife. Unfortunately, the only thing we could have in the building was our work tools. Oh, and security? Forget about that. All they had were fucking walkie-talkies. They didn't even have a taser. The guy cut a lot of people before running off.

After the event, they put up "no gun, knife, or weapon" signs

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:26:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Big oil -- not oilfield, Big Name Oil.  

Employee regs state "No Weapons", and firearms are specifically mentioned.  The funny thing is, it says "No explosives or alcohol without supervisor permission", lol.

Blades are restricted to 5.5", so I carry a mini KaBar in my trunk with a copy of the policy nearby.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#15]
S&W 638 in my pocket everyday - General Contractor
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:29:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My job has no employee handbook. I carry daily, and my go to box cutter is my Boker AK74 automatic knife.

Last week, my boss called me on my day off to help move a desk. I was OC'ing, and when I showed up, she took offense that I was carrying, and that people should be allowed to carry guns.

Fuck her, I've been carrying every day I've been employed with her, and the one time she finds out, was my day off. I just said, "Sunday, Gunday," when she asked why I had a gun on my hip.

To sum it up, fuck liberals, fuck Democrats, fuck anyone who is offended by the carry of guns/weapons.

One day, an officer was in getting food. A regular customer started bitching to me after he left how he shouldn't be carrying his gun into the store, despite him being on duty.

I just smiled and nodded, knowing I had my Glock closer to her than he ever got.
View Quote

There really are people this stupid, eh?

Fortunately I've never encountered one, though I've heard similar stories about them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#17]
It's very hard to carry at my job. But I always have it in the truck at least.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Work in real estate - typical IWB carry for me everywhere. Days I work with my inspector are especially fun, as he carries a 1911 and I like the polymer guns.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#20]
in between jobs. Worked for a .gov agency, CCW was allowed on the property by state law. Didn't care about anyone else but my ass if something went down. There were a bunch of CCW's in the area. usually one recognized another from seeing them in a gun shop or at the range.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]
"Company policy states....."
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Negativo, employee handbook states as grounds for termination. They also include that it also can't be kept in your car. FUAC, W NewYorker
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:59:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It would probably be pretty easy to do, though...because we employ Keystone Cops for security, and they don't do physical searches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. Just not worth risking my job over.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:06:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup...  I know it sounds bad, but I've weighed the odds, and would rather run away from a threat and let the feds take care of the major breech of an FTZ than risk the outcome of being caught carrying.

I know the ins and outs of where I work, and infiltrators would be found out before they make their way to where I'm stationed...plenty of time to evacuate once the call comes out that there's been a disruption in the process.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:10:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why do you have to shoot him?  The poor bastard--I'd quit if I were him.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I conceal nothing! I keep my pistol within arms reach almost all the time. I have the benefit of running the business while the actual owner is a close friend! He has a weapon within reach at most times as well!

Why do you have to shoot him?  The poor bastard--I'd quit if I were him.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:12:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your screen name.

It wouldn't, by chance, be in reference to a 1960s TV show called "The Monroes," would it?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fortunately I've never encountered one, though I've heard similar stories about them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Within 10 blocks of our store we've had a couple shootings, and one guy sicced his pitbull on another guy. that's just last month.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In fucking Iowa of all places...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't ask. Don't tell.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:34:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I carry a G19 everyday and just switched to the incog holster.

I feel fortunate to not have to worry about getting caught since it's my company.

I encourage any and all of my employees that are interested to get their ccw and they are welcome to carry in my buildings.

btw, our company is not in the firearms industry or related to it in any way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:40:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We've got a lot going for us as far as gun rights, but living in a very liberal area has its downsides.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Don't ask. Don't tell.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Carried for decades, have yet to tell a single person I work with or ever have worked with that I do. That's the only real way to be sure.

Never been busted or questioned either. My employment rolls have changed over time so I've gone from thigh/cargo pocket carry to an ankle carry. Not often I can risk a waist carry at work unless I'm in the field.

Clothing and confidence are the big things to take into consideration. You always have to be conscience of what you're doing and how you may print of show your hand. For most people I think that's just to much to deal with or they would simply just end up telling a coworker and it' would become a problem.

Unless you're the kind of guy that can do all of the above, don't bother. Other options of course are off your person via briefcase, etc but you need to maintain constant control if going this route.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:52:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't ask. Don't tell.

This.

Our handbook says we can't carry. I'm a food server and carry a full size PX4 storm under my apron at the 1'oclock position (only sucks when bending over for stuff). No one knows a goddamn thing (aside from a few people), and those that do had no idea until they saw me take my shirt off after work at a friends place.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Been carrying a CZ 75 D PCR in a IWB holster everyday since February. Work in IT and generally wear an untucked polo shirt. Grip frame prints when I bend over, so I squat more!

I'm small-framed but no one has ever taken notice. I do have the habit of grabbing my shirt tail as my hand brushes by to make sure not folded behind grip frame.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#36]
They told us don't even think about it way back when, we have such old nasty bitties/tattle tales where I work where if I was to get something really cool and want to bring it to work and show a couple friends in the parking lot after work I would be ratted out for it in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Our employee handbook doesn't say I can't so.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Negativo, employee handbook states as grounds for termination. They also include that it also can't be kept in your car. FUAC, W NewYorker
View Quote

So?  That is not legally binding.  Concealed means concealed, if you can conceal it well, carry it and forget it.  Or keep it in your car.

If they find out they can get butthurt and terminate you, but you could always respond with a lawsuit for wrongful termination for them violating your civil rights.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Yep, sure do. G26 IWB at 3 o'clock, and LCP in the pocket. Employer is very pro 2a, and carries as well.

Hell, our HR manager carries an LCP in her purse
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top