Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Completely illegal kill in Tenn although we have quite a few albinos.  I know nothing of Michigan hunting laws.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So wait... now the democrats want the white ones spared and the brown ones shot?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So wait... now the democrats want the white ones spared and the brown ones shot?

Well, lefties are stupid enough to do dumb shit like capture deer in a small area and sterilize them for a few thousand dollars each, then wonder why the deer population isn't going down...   so who knows what the fuck they want.

Quoted:
My buddy shot an albino doe a few years ago. There is a rumer of bad luck shooting an albino, that it will be your last deer you ever kill.

A $1000 pickup and some spare time in the evening on some country roads can break that streak pretty quick.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Completely illegal kill in Tenn although we have quite a few albinos.  I know nothing of Michigan hunting laws.
View Quote

Thank God for your important commentary!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It's illegal to shoot one in WI, but if it were legal, I'd shoot one. It's going to die anyways, so it might as well hang on my wall or stand in a full mount.

I know a place that raises white deer, but I don't think they are true albinos.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/DamageIncorporated/20140304_164018_zpsb6ab6210.jpg
View Quote
Those look leucistic, another mutation.

There is no good reason, and certainly no biological reason to not allow shooting of albinos.  I think it is weird that some states have those laws.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stupid law!

Albino deer generally do not do well in the wild if there are natural predators in the area.

They tend to stand out like a sore thumb, unless the land is snow covered.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sure I'm happy for the kid and I suspect he has not been taught any way but to use a crossbow.

I'm old school and crossbows were only able to be used by handicapped folks unless it was gun season in my state.

Now lots (if not most) folks use them since they became legal and it's cheapened archery season "bragging rights" in my eyes.

We did not allow them on our leases during archery season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

I assure you, in MI, the only thing anybody really has to say about that kid taking an albino buck, is about how awesome it is.

Nov. 15th is a state holiday, more or less.

Sure I'm happy for the kid and I suspect he has not been taught any way but to use a crossbow.

I'm old school and crossbows were only able to be used by handicapped folks unless it was gun season in my state.

Now lots (if not most) folks use them since they became legal and it's cheapened archery season "bragging rights" in my eyes.

CSB
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

I assure you, in MI, the only thing anybody really has to say about that kid taking an albino buck, is about how awesome it is.

So you only allow long bows with handmade flint arrowheads and real feather fletching?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

CSB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

CSB

It is far more sporting to use a bow with 80%-90% let-off, 5 pin sight, and hunt over a feeder.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Murdered a deer and all of you are boasting of it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Shoot it, mount it and eat it.

Good for the youngster.
View Quote

Wait..   WHAT?        

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Better him enjoying the hunt than a coyote or another predator.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you eat meat ? Wear leather ? Use of of the millions of products that contain animal by-product ? Take prescriptions that were tested on animals ? Should I go on ?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

The kid is 11. ELEVEN.

There would be VERY few kids that can pull back a bow heavy enough for an ethical kill.

My son is 10, and has taken three deer with his crossbow. Hopefully another one this week. I'm extremely glad he has the opportunity to hunt archery with me, and not rely on a two week rifle season every year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

and a compound bow is hard to sell.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So you only allow long bows with handmade flint arrowheads and real feather fletching?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

No shit, most "archery" hunters here [and black powder] have more sunk into all their fancy shit then most gun hunters.

Personally, I don't believe there should be separate seasons, run what you brung thru whatever season times they decide on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thumbs up.

Bad ass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#19]
When anti's get your money.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/10/cornell-gives-deer-tubal-ligations-everything-goes-wrong/

Cornell gives deer tubal ligations, everything goes wrong

As far as I know, no plans were made to control the faculty population.

I was not aware that Cornell had its own sterilization program.  I was aware that deer are all over campus.

The Cornell sterilization program combined on-campus sterilization with off-campus/regional hunting.

What possibly could go wrong? As the Washington Post reports (via Ithaca Voice), just about everything, Trying to limit the number of deer, with surprising results:

A few years ago, the central campus of Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y., was facing a problem familiar to the Washington area. An infestation of white-tailed deer had pushed the community to the limits of its tolerance. Without natural predators, the deer reproduced until their numbers were limited only by the availability of food….

Typically, a deer boom is dealt with through hunting. Often, sharpshooting riflemen or archers are brought in to bait the animals into zones where shots can safely be taken. Cornell’s administrators took a different approach: They chose to experiment with sterilizing many of the wild deer on campus while allowing periodic hunting on nearby land — and the result was something that nobody anticipated.

Let’s stop right there.

Basically, if you were a deer on campus, you got so much free birth control it would make Sandra Fluke jealous; if you were a deer off campus, you got served for dinner.

Rest of hilarity at link
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I haven't hunted in probably 10 years. I thought it was illegal to shoot an albino deer in MI.
View Quote

I hunt every weekend.

And unless I missed something, it still is.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

0Nov. 15th is a state holiday, more or less.

Yup , I used a bow for years out of neccesity , personally I dont give two shits about being a  proper "archer" , I want to hunt and I want to kill efficiently , the crossbow lets me do that !  BTW , all things being equal a crossbow bolt being lighter and shorter carries less kinetic energy than that of an arrow from a  compound bow of comparable  velocity therefore having less effective range , the bolt drops and loses velocity quicker than the arrow!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you eat meat ? Wear leather ? Use of of the millions of products that contain animal by-product ? Take prescriptions that were tested on animals ? Should I go on ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#23]
All white meat for the WIN!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All white meat for the WIN!
View Quote

RACIST!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So the internet is up in arms about this kid shooting an albino deer on a hunting trip. He as far as I can tell did so legally.

I don't see anything wrong with this, what says the hive?

POLL INBOUND

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/21/boy-hunter-bags-rare-albino-deer/17652845/?csp=fbfanpage

View Quote

100% legal in Michigan and better for the herd. I'd have a full body mount done of that deer too.

J-
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#27]
good for him. not sure what the problem is-one of his neighbors would have gotten it if he didnt
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Hope my boy can kill something like that. I'd love to cause an "internet uproar."  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

People killing animals, they should get meat the same way everyone else does, from a store!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I hunt every weekend.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't hunted in probably 10 years. I thought it was illegal to shoot an albino deer in MI.

I hunt every weekend.

Yes you missed it, Michigan got rid of that stupid law in 2008.   Now genetic freaks are only protected in Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why is it illegal?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's illegal to shoot one in WI, but if it were legal, I'd shoot one. It's going to die anyways, so it might as well hang on my wall or stand in a full mount.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/DamageIncorporated/20140304_164018_zpsb6ab6210.jpg
Why is it illegal?  

Special snowflake deer. It's all based on emotion.

We had an albino running around here a few years ago. The locals were begging archery hunters to NOT kill the deer. It made it almost the whole way through archery season... until it ran out in front of a car.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#34]
People are saying it is and isn't illegal in MI, whats the truth?  Not that we actually know where he shot the deer.

ETA: Looks like the law changed in 2008, it is now legal.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Think that may be an old indian belief that albino animals were sacred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My buddy shot an albino doe a few years ago. There is a rumer of bad luck shooting an albino, that it will be your last deer you ever kill.

Think that may be an old indian belief that albino animals were sacred.

For some, maybe. My ancestors used to sacrifice a white dog during midwinter, so your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I hunt every weekend.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hunt every weekend.

Protection was lifted back in 2008 or so. This was a legal kill.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/user/DamageIncorporated/media/20140304_164018_zpsb6ab6210.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/DamageIncorporated/20140304_164018_zpsb6ab6210.jpg</a>
View Quote

Why would a wildlife agency want a white deer protected?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#38]
No laws against shooting white deer here. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

Stop liking what I don't like!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#40]
A hunter here shot an albino moose last year and on the way home (with the moose in the truck) was filed filling up his gas at an Indian gas station. They had no problem with it UNTIL White People told them that it was supposed to be sacred ... then the political correctness machine swung into motion and they were demanding to bless it and all kinds of other nonsense
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
People are saying it is and isn't illegal in MI, whats the truth?  Not that we actually know where he shot the deer.

ETA: Looks like the law changed in 2008, it is now legal.
View Quote

I grew up in michigan, live in Wisconsin, and now hunt in Michigan as a non resident. I moved away in 2008, even I knew it was legal. Some people don't look at rules every year and go on tribal knowledge, some people read a book from 83 and assumes it still applies. That is why there is misinformation.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Sent the article to buddy. He said the deer had been in the area for 3 years and his daughter in law almost ran it over last year.
He says the neighborhood is glad it's gone, apparently it had a fondness for walking the road.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Righteous kill.

Culled bad genes from the population & got a cool story while doing it.
View Quote

FPNI

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It is far more sporting to use a bow with 80%-90% let-off, 5 pin sight, and hunt over a feeder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

CSB

No fucking doubt.  I gave up bowhunting around here when all the bowhunting "traditionalists" started using a "feeder call".  Not a buck grunt.  A call that sounded like an electronic feeder.    Same guys who whine about cross bows being unethical.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Righteous kill.

I just don't understand why some people made a big deal out of this. Why shouldn't an 11 year old be able to take a shot on a deer like that? Adults can't miss? I think they're all just super jelly.

ETA: 23 people don't understand what the word righteous means.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#47]
I would kill it and have it stuffed and sell it to the highest bidder.  or donate it to a museum and have a wing named after me.  good kill.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Personally, I would have passed on shooting an albino deer if it were on my land, but not because I think it's somehow bad or unethical. I just think it would be cool to see it (alive) from time to time. With that said, I have nothing against the kid taking the deer. Good shoot, enjoy your 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sent the article to buddy. He said the deer had been in the area for 3 years and his daughter in law almost ran it over last year.
He says the neighborhood is glad it's gone, apparently it had a fondness for walking the road.
View Quote

Typical White Privilege.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't have shot it.

I also don't force my reasoning onto others. His choice.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top