BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

By putting a Trijicon RMR on it along with tall adjustable irons.  

Pistols get zero'd just like rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He left out ease of repair. Anyone can completely strip a Glock. M&P requires you to remove the rear sight to detail strip the slide .

That isn't exactly rocket surgery.

Requires more tools and having to sight in your gun again after servicing the slide is silly.

So exactly how does the average Delta Operator sight in a fixed site hand gun for an average 21 ft engagement[://  I wish I were a sniper with a hand gun, drove a performance car, had a model girl friend and never ate ate chain restaurants like some Arfcomers

By putting a Trijicon RMR on it along with tall adjustable irons.  

Pistols get zero'd just like rifles.

Who makes adjustable suppressor height sights?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This wins for the silliest post of the month award.

There's a SHIT TON of aftermarket Glock trigger parts out there.

The NY Trigger is designed for that, but not any of the other triggers in the Glock lineup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the newer M&P's still requiring a new trigger?  I just couldn't get over the long, and non positive reset.

The new trigger is better, but it still isn't as good as it can be when you go aftermarket.

The salient point for this thread is that at least with the M&P you can actually do something about the trigger if you don't like it. With the Glock there's just not much you can do. All of my M&P's have full blown ATEi trigger jobs..... I just finished a total custom overhaul on my old G23 and with the best trigger kit on the market (Ghost Evo 3) it still sucks donkey balls when compared to the reworked M&P's.

A guy can say that "M&P triggers Suck", but I say "Glock triggers were designed to (help) keep cops from shooting themselves in the leg.

This wins for the silliest post of the month award.

There's a SHIT TON of aftermarket Glock trigger parts out there.

The NY Trigger is designed for that, but not any of the other triggers in the Glock lineup.

You're right. There are a shot ton of triggers out there.

80% of them are marketed as 3lb triggers that get you down to 5-5.5lbs, the rest make a noteworthy improvement, but they don't change much but the poundage. I just finished a custom build on a G23 I have had for 20 years. One of the things I did was get a Ghost Evo 3.5lb connector, and it's ground so that the break is all the way back at the end of trigger travel. While the weight is a *lot* better than stock, it still has all of the negative attributes that go along with a Glock trigger-namely that it builds spring pressure, peaks, then falls off before the break actually comes. Really hard to be accurate like that for me because it feels like the trigger collapses in my grip before the break comes and I can't sit at the break point and be precise because it wants to finish releasing the striker. Not being able to be precise by pulling until the break point on my trigger travel is counter to everything I know as a shooter-Aftermarkey Glock triggers just trade off trigger weight for amplifying bad attributes of "Glock Perfection IMO.

Now, an M&P trigger is a different animal entirely. If you know what you are doing, a sear dropped in the gun and the stock parts massaged will get you a world class trigger with linear ramp-up of the pull weight, no stackup, short travel, with a short reset that is both tactile and audible. If you were to shoot my M&P's with ATEi trigger jobs in them, you'd agree-I'd put money on it.

The Glock I mentioned above? It hasn't been shot in .40 in almost 15 years because it KB'd-it's had a .22LR kit on it ever since. When I got it I was a new shooter and I didn't get "good with a handgun" until I started buying other guns a few years after the Kaboom. I thought I just sucked and that handguns weren't my thing. Then I got into M&P's, and suddenly I can shoot centerfire combat handguns like all the cool kids. 10 years worth of frustration at the range, and suddenly I can group 2" at 21 feet without breaking a sweat. I took my Glock out last night to the range so I could see how I liked it after all of the work was done, while the groups are better than I used to manage with the gun when it was stock, the groups were almost twice the size I can shoot my M&P at the same distance. Muzzle flip is a lot more pronounced too-can't wait to switch to the 9mm KKM barrel I have coming, .40 sucks for speed.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put an Apex DCAEK kit in my M&P.  

$100 later the trigger still sucked.  

Sold it.  

Bought Glocks.

I was in the same boat with my M&P 45. I wanted to like that pistol but could never get past the poor trigger. Sold that and my 9mm version, decided to stick with my Glocks. My summer carry is a Shield. But the last few times at the range I kept getting a dead trigger from false resets. Went back to carrying a G19. Hoping Glock releases a single stack 9mm and I can get rid of the Shield also.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Walther-PPS-Pistol-9mm.jpg

Hands down the worst pistol I've ever owned

Sorry, don't know if it was a lemon or not but that thing was junk
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Correct. The gun was nice and slim, but a staple gun has a better trigger and if the backstrap get's more than a millimeter out of place the gun won't fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Witch pistol are you referring to?

Walther PPS

Correct. The gun was nice and slim, but a staple gun has a better trigger and if the backstrap get's more than a millimeter out of place the gun won't fire.

My experience as well. Also, my mags wouldn't drop free and it had to have the extractor replaced twice
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who makes adjustable suppressor height sights?
View Quote

Any sights that fit the factory rear dovetail are adjustable for windage. Elevation is adjusted by using taller or shorter front or rear sights.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top