Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/20/2014 7:59:47 PM EDT
THIS IS NOT A ROMNEY THREAD FUCK HIS STATIST ASS.....THIS IS AN ORCA SUCKS THREAD....

While some asshat is bound to say this is 'old news'  I post this as a reminder,  and most folks don't even know about it.  

Not only is this 'high tech' nightmare susceptible to glitches,  it is likely easy for the opposition to monkey-wrench...

Lets not repeat this mistake in 2014/16

http://www.businessinsider.com/romney-project-orca-disaster-2012-11

......The entire purpose of this project was to digitize the decades-old practice of strike lists. The old way was to sit with your paper and mark off people that have voted and every hour or so, someone from the campaign would come get your list and take it back to local headquarters. Then, they'd begin contacting people that hadn't voted yet and encourage them to head to the polls. It's worked for years.

From the very start there were warning signs. After signing up, you were invited to take part in nightly conference calls. The calls were more of the slick marketing speech type than helpful training sessions. There was a lot of "rah-rahs" and lofty talk about how this would change the ballgame.

Working primarily as a web developer, I had some serious questions. Things like "Has this been stress tested?", "Is there redundancy in place?" and "What steps have been taken to combat a coordinated DDOS attack or the like?", among others. These types of questions were brushed aside (truth be told, they never took one of my questions). They assured us that the system had been relentlessly tested and would be a tremendous success.....
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What in the bleeding fuck are you talking about ?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]
as much shit as I give the kenyan for being a "community organizer". This is literally how we got beat.  He organized, his community.  His tech, his organization, his structure, and his groundgame was better.

he bused, bribed or brought people to the polls in far greater numbers than Republicans did, he manufactured votes where he needed them. He literally out-organized us.  

FBHO

Republicans probably won't learn the lesson.  I am crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait... What?  We wanted Mitt Romney as president?  He is anti gun.  Sounds like he would be a terrible president.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The reason Romney lost was that his single, shining attribute was that he wasn't Owebama.

While I consider that a pretty strong recommendation in and of itself, it wasn't enough for the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
as much shit as I give the kenyan for being a "community organizer". This is literally how we got beat.  He organized, his community.  His tech, his organization, his structure, and his groundgame was better.

he bused, bribed or brought people to the polls in far greater numbers than Republicans did, he manufactured votes where he needed them. He literally out-organized us.  

FBHO

Republicans probably won't learn the lesson.  I am crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.
View Quote

This.  And fuck the RINO's
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Romney lost because he's a moderate/liberal. The last serious ass-kicking was administered to the Left by a person much more nearly conservative than anybody the Rs have elected since, but they seem determined to keep nominating squishy centrists who are just pale shadows of the opposition.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to get my ass flamed for this but meh----I hope Romney runs again and wins. (Jeez did I just say that?)

He isn't perfect, he isn't a saint, (well, he thinks he is a latter day one) he is flawed......but he is a moral business man who actually still loves this country and can lead and inspire it back from the pit of hell this regime has us spinning along the edges of.  I think he has the balls to make the really hard decisions that are going to have to be made in the next couple of years.

I hope he has learned the lessons and starts putting people in place to either stop the fraud or counter it.

FBHO and his supporters including krispy cream.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Romney lost because the Mormon hating evangelicals decided to sit this one out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The reason Romney lost was that his single, shining attribute was that he wasn't Owebama.

While I consider that a pretty strong recommendation in and of itself, it wasn't enough for the rest of the country.
View Quote

Yea, you would have thought the country learned enough by then but clearly not.  If the election were held today, I bet we would have a different result.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Republicans can't help but put up losers as candidates.  McSh*tstain, Mittens.  God help us if it's Krispy Kreme.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Garbage in, garbage out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I am sure that we are much better off with the guy who won't release his college transcripts and never held a real job instead of the guy who released everything and was an unqualified success in life and business.

Seriously, the country has lost its collective mind.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Romney lost because he's a moderate/liberal. The last serious ass-kicking was administered to the Left by a person much more nearly conservative than anybody the Rs have elected since, but they seem determined to keep nominating squishy centrists who are just pale shadows of the opposition.
View Quote

Romney ran farther to the right than Reagan did...

Unions... Romney ran farther to the right...

Guns... Romney ran on a "no new gun laws" platform.

Immigration... Romney called for closing the borders and for sending illegals to the back of the line...

Reagan wasn't a centrist president, but he ran on a centrist platform...

Romney lost for many reasons... His "No new gun laws" and anti-47% platform was farther to the right than any Republican in recent history, though...

One of the reasons (of the tremendous many) Romney lost is that Republican volunteers are older and less apt to use technology.

All the Republican volunteers I saw in Colorado during the last Presidential election were old... All the Democrat volunteers were college age kids with smart phones.

Trying to win on technology might have *sounded* like a good idea... But the extremist liberal Democrats had the upper-hand on technology.

Technology-savvy Democrats have since admitted to trolling conservative websites, and saying, "might as well vote extremist liberal Democrat, or stay at home on election day."

They have bragged about it since.

Retards will say proudly, "I stayed at home rather than vote for NRA-endorsed Romney..."

Democrats call that a massive victory...

The truth... Conservative volunteers are/were older and wealthier than their liberal Democrat counterparts... Many of the conservative volunteers had absolutely no idea how to counter the young and aggressive Democrats, and they had no idea how to work the technology that was supposed to roll-out on election day.

The technology roll-out was a dumb idea to do on an election day, they should have tried it on a smaller-scale first, and it was a dumb idea to give it to older untrained unpaid volunteers on election day...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't give a shit WHO runs in 16,  but they better not rely on this stupid ORCA 'Get out the vote' program...

It

Cost

us

Votes
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am sure that we are much better off with the guy who won't release his college transcripts and never held a real job instead of the guy who released everything and was an unqualified success in life and business.

View Quote

That basically sums it up. This country gets dumber every year.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Romney cost Romney the election. Nobody wanted him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea dude, it's crazy.  It's almost like they needed to put someone people wanted to vote for on the ballot instead of just relying on distaste for the incumbent to slide in an uninspiring milquetoast with a shitty campaign.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I see it coming now.  Another squishy centerist nominated and another 8 year ass kicking.  Another lame ass excuse besides the obvious squishy centerist candidate.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rmoney was too busy reaching out to independents to bother securing the base, so fuck fuck Ocra, and fuck anyone who wants that clown to run again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I'm sure a Romney run administration would look just like this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

And those good Christians will never admit it....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
And libertarians.

And conservative republicans who didn't want another watered down new Englander.

And women who bought into the "war on women" fear mongering.

One wouldn't have made a difference without one or more of the other groups sitting it out as well.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought a Mormon/Catholic ticket was a mistake the moment I heard the Ryan choice.

Mitt should have swallowed his pride and picked Rick Perry.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Old, rich, white guys know that if they play ball with the money hungry, corrupt democrats, they make money.

And someone thought voting CEO's into office would win elections.

Cornhusker kickback for Obamacare

McConnell for the sequester

Waggle enough money in front of them, and they'll do whatever you say.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Rom ney ran farther to the right than Reagan did...

Immigration... Romney called for closing the borders and for sending illegals to the back of the line...

Romney lost for many reasons... His "No new gun laws" and anti-47% platform was farther to the right than any Republican in recent history, though...

One of the reasons (of the tremendous many) Romney lost is that Republican volunteers are older and less apt to use technology.

All the Republican volunteers I saw in Colorado during the last Presidential election were old... All the Democrat volunteers were college age kids with smart phones.

Trying to win on technology might have *sounded* like a good idea... But the extremist liberal Democrats had the upper-hand on technology.

Technology-savvy Democrats have since admitted to trolling conservative websites, and saying, "might as well vote extremist liberal Democrat, or stay at home on election day."

Retards will say proudly, "I stayed at home rather than vote for NRA-endorsed Romney..."

The truth... Conservative volunteers are/were older and wealthier than their liberal Democrat counterparts... Many of the conservative volunteers had absolutely no idea how to counter the young and aggressive Democrats, and they had no idea how to work the technology that was supposed to roll-out on election day.

The technology roll-out was a dumb idea to do on an election day, they should have tried it on a smaller-scale first, and it was a dumb idea to give it to older untrained unpaid volunteers on election day...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rom ney ran farther to the right than Reagan did...

All that shit that he ran on didn't change his record or his past.

I voted for him, but his past was a moderate/liberal assfuck. Couldn't run well against 0bamacare because he put it in place first. Couldn't run well against gun control because he banned shit. And so on....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

FBHO

View Quote
The GOP is spending so much time, effort, and money knocking off Tea Party people that they have nothing left to take on the Dems.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And? Like it or not, people vote on what they hear from their friends or see on some biased "news" site.  They don't do extensive fact checking.

They find out about "Romney Care" and decide "he's the same as obama"

They find out about gun laws under him and decide "he's the same as obama".

They find out about his religion and decide he is a nut.

They decide someone is lying to to them, is a wolf in sheep's clothing, and that's it.  

Facts don't matter (much). The actual rhetoric doesn't matter (much).

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
More to the point, Mittens's timidity and Candy Crowley's lie cost Mittens the election, or at least made it the disaster it was. Mittens was too goddamn polite to correct that bitch when she backed up 'Bummer on his lie about Benghazi. His goose was cooked right there.

Politics is brute force and cut-throat. Manners will cost you an election just about every time you run against someone who has none.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.
That is bolshevik.

Romney got about 1 million more votes than McCain got. Did evangelicals stay home for McCain, too? If so, they seem like no kind of allies the R party can ever count on.

Y'all just need to put that excuse to bed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

And libertarians.

And conservative republicans who didn't want another watered down new Englander.

One wouldn't have made a difference without one or more of the other groups sitting it out as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And libertarians.

Nobody sat out the election. Romney got more votes than McCain did in 2008. Or did these groups sit out the election of 2008 in even greater numbers? Look it up. This is a matter of public record.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#34]
It wasn't technology.  Obama successfully excited the Democratic base and swing voters.  Romney did not.
Obama sold his base on ideas and himself.  Romney did not.  Romney's only redeeming quality was he was not Obama.  That's not enough to excite the base and swing voters.

Put forward another Romney/Christy ticket against Hillary/Biden and it will happen again.

Doesn't matter if the tech works perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#35]
While I think Romney lost for a number of reasons, his GOTV (and the gop in general,) programs were an abysmal failure. This was part of their ace in the hole that was terrible mismanaged. Rule #1 for development of processes and/or programs is testing, QC and 'load testing,' his "Top Men" failed horribly and leads me to believe he isn't as good of a leader as he and other touted.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Please not another RINO.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It wasn't technology.  Obama successfully excited the Democratic base and swing voters.  Romney did not.
Obama sold his base on ideas and himself.  Romney did not.  Romney's only redeeming quality was he was not Obama.  That's not enough to excite the base and swing voters.

Put forward another Romney/Christy ticket against Hillary/Biden and it will happen again.

View Quote

There is NO question that the failure of ORCA cost the repubs votes on election day...enough votes to win?  we will never know,  but repeating the mistake would be foolsih...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I've never voted for a non republican candidate and I despised having to vote for Romney to fight Obuma.
If the GOP couldn't fire up a guy like me then they had no chance of swaying the youts or the protected classes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Nobody sat out the election. Romney got more votes than McCain did in 2008. Or did these groups sit out the election of 2008 in even greater numbers? Look it up. This is a matter of public record.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And libertarians.

Put it this way: before the election, we heard from people in all of these groups who were saying that they would not vote for Romney.

It is entirely possible that even less of the people voted for McCain.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yea dude, it's crazy.  It's almost like they needed to put someone people wanted to vote for on the ballot instead of just relying on distaste for the incumbent to slide in an uninspiring milquetoast with a shitty campaign.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To many big words for me when I have been drinking.  I will try to read it again next week when I sober up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There is NO question that the failure of ORCA cost the repubs votes on election day...enough votes to win?  we will never know,  but repeating the mistake would be foolsih...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 million votes?  No.  126 electoral votes?  No.
Despite all the hype, the dems won because they really liked their candidate and so did swing voters.  Republicans did not.  That is the mistake that the GOP keeps making and the lesson they haven't learned.  

There is no marketing campaign or software that will allow Christy to beat Hillary.
Candidates and ideas win elections not software.  Romney/Christy will lose again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Despite all the hype, the dems won because they really liked their candidate and so did swing voters.  Republicans did not.  That is the mistake that the GOP keeps making and the lesson they haven't learned.  

There is no marketing campaign or software that will allow Christy to beat Hillary.
Candidates and ideas win elections not software.  Romney/Christy will lose again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romney won independents by a pretty large number, (too lazy to look it up,) but it was by more than 10%. He also did almost parity with women voters and won men by a majority. Youths, minorities and Obama's baked in 25% came out to vote which goes back to the mistakes in his GOTV program.

Where he fell down was registered republicans didn't go out and vote, many stayed home. In some states that was a deciding factor. All of this and he was a very unattractive candidate from a conservative point of view, throw in some holding his faith against him and of course the ballet stuffing by dems sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Romney won independents by a pretty large number, (too lazy to look it up,) but it was by more than 10%. He also did almost parity with women voters and won men by a majority. Youths, minorities and Obama's baked in 25% came out to vote which goes back to the mistakes in his GOTV program.

Where he fell down was registered republicans didn't go out and vote, many stayed home. In some states that was a deciding factor. All of this and he was a very unattractive candidate from a conservative point of view, throw in some holding his faith against him and of course the ballet stuffing by dems sealed the deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women alone killed Romney.   Software can't change that.

Women
http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/how_groups_voted/voted_12.html
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Please not another RINO.

View Quote

LOL.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Republicans probably won't learn the lesson.
View Quote

"probably" ????  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:41:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They like O because they are living off his largess, nothing more, they know where their bread is buttered.

I Like Romney, he should have been president if not for the fact that the demographics of the country have swung so far left. How are we to ever win President again when the D ticket only needs a handful of electoral votes to sew up the win and the R ticket needs over 150?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:23:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They like O because they are living off his largess, nothing more, they know where their bread is buttered.  

I Like Romney, he should have been president if not for the fact that the demographics of the country have swung so far left. How are we to ever win President again when the D ticket only needs a handful of electoral votes to sew up the win and the R ticket needs over 150?
View Quote

The Republicans do the same thing.  Offer spending and tax cut to their base.  The only difference is the two parties disagree on what to spend our money on and how to tax the shit out of us.  But they are both going to bury us in debt to do it.

As Bill Clinton famously said "its the economy stupid".  That is an issue that can drive a GOP candidate into office.  Energize the base and steal centrists, women, etc.  Balanced budget and economic superpower, with out stepping on his dick with religious, sexist or class warfare BS.

Balanced budget and strong constitutionalist.  I think most Americans can get behind that
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Republicans do the same thing. Offer spending and tax cut to their base.  The only difference is the two parties disagree on what to spend our money on and how to tax the shit out of us.  But they arel both going to bury us in debt to do it.

As Bill Clinton famously said "its the economy stupid".  That is an issue that can drive a GOP candidate into office.  Energize the base and steal centrists, women, etc.  Balanced budget and economic superpower, with out stepping on his dick with religious, sexist or class warfare BS.

Balanced budget and strong constitutionalist.  I think most Americans can get behind that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Republicans do the same thing. Offer spending and tax cut to their base.  The only difference is the two parties disagree on what to spend our money on and how to tax the shit out of us.  But they arel both going to bury us in debt to do it.

Do you want to know how I know you are a Democrat?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of polling data shows that it was the Reagan Democrats in places like Pennsylvania and Ohio who sat it out.

Romney never tried to court those people: the socially conservative, white, blue collar union member.

And as has been said, his campaign seriously screwed up the "get out the vote" operation.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top