Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2014 6:37:39 PM EDT
Only six northern white rhinos left on the planet, and just one of them is male.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang, I guess that make for one helluva matching holster and belt combo.  Maybe a shoulder rig?????

ETA:  FIRST!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
might be time to pen all of them up and let that old boy have the time of his life...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
One of two and he's a homo?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

might be time to pen all of them up and let that old boy have the time of his life...
View Quote
No shit.  Try to bread the population back up.  Just think these things are almost dead because of bullshit quack medicine.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to try a white rhino steak.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Get a vet to assist.  I don't know a single farmer that actually lets a bull fuck his cows.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saved my typing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#9]
For all practical purposes they are now extinct.  Just not enough genetic diversity now.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it fucked up that I don't care at all?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Get a vet to assist.  I don't know a single farmer that actually lets a bull fuck his cows.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. You would think someone would have been on this a long time ago.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thought as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if Mike Rowe would do a special on being a rhinomasturbater?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Africans don't care about White Rhinos.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup and shows lack of class and education.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rhinomasturbater. My new favorite word. I'm going to see if I can drop that in a conversation.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet they would have if they could have legally been hunted.  Seems like populations of animals in African countries that allow and regulate hunting tend to do better than those in countries where that is not the case.  Hunters want to keep them around to hunt them and bring a lot of $$ which these governments and those local to hunting grounds want to keep flowing.  If the animal dies off hunters, the government, and the locals all lose out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a small herd and minimal facilities so it is easier and cheaper to rent or borrow a bull for a month or 3 to bread our Angus cows. Its fairly uneventful. The bull is happy to have new girlfriends so not real aggressive, but we are careful to give him plenty of room.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought this was about christie.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
It was foretold.

Plagues. Extreme weather. Dead White Rhinos.

Time to get your jimmies in a bunch.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Rhino privilege?

Yet another failure on that one particular continent.    

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I bet they would have if they could have legally been hunted.  Seems like populations of animals in African countries that allow and regulate hunting tend to do better than those in countries where that is not the case.  Hunters want to keep them around to hunt them and bring a lot of $$ which these governments and those local to hunting grounds want to keep flowing.  If the animal dies off hunters, the government, and the locals all lose out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going more for the ironic - "George Bush doesn't care about Black People."

But yes, economic incentives tend to better regulate animal populations than some sort of contrived altruism.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#23]
These things happen...some animals just can't adapt.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

We have a small herd and minimal facilities so it is easier and cheaper to rent or borrow a bull for a month or 3 to bread our Angus cows. Its fairly uneventful. The bull is happy to have new girlfriends so not real aggressive, but we are careful to give him plenty of room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was interviewing for a IT security related position.  One of the candidates had zero qualifications, except he made sure to point out in his current job he guarded bull semen.  I guess there is big money in it, but I would generally suggest a candidate leave the word semen off an IT resume.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For all practical purposes they are now extinct.  Just not enough genetic diversity now.  
View Quote

Hillbilly Rhinos!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. A little.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I want to try a white rhino steak.
View Quote

meh, nothing special ... tastes a little like spotted owl.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh shit. Did headless t gunner shoot it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#29]
"used in Asian traditional medicine" should be called reworded as "used by Asian retards and mouth breathers."
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hillbilly Rhinos!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hillbilly Rhinos!

Would have to be a big ass bassboat to support a rhino.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Wouldn't this be a good time to consider cloning?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Countless animals have gone extinct over the history or earth, why should any more fucks be given to this one?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really. Are you talking about dairy, small beef farmers, or expensive show cattle?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much cheaper?  For everyone else in this thread who don't know, the procedure is pretty simple.  A seamen dealer drops off the bull cum and usually the farmer preforms the procedure.  It consists of fisting the cow in the ass and grabbing the cervix.  Once you have the cervix you guide the semen injector into the uterus and inject.  It's so simple that a farmer friend of mine actually let me do it a few times.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Only six northern white rhinos left on the planet, and just one of them is male.

Imagine being the last of your kind on earth?  
View Quote

Six females and only one male?  Dude be getting all the action!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Really. Are you talking about dairy, small beef farmers, or expensive show cattle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dairy.  My experience is with family farms, not the larger operations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense, as they are selecting for certain traits when they breed, like how big the calf will be when it breaches.

Not as critical in beef cattle raising.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't think so because it just looks like you're trying too hard to come off as mr. Internet Cynic and Edgy Guy .

If it turns out you really don't care, then yes.  It makes you seem ignorant and crass.

Quoted:
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hillbilly Rhinos!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hillbilly Rhinos!  

If the remaining white rhinos are all in zoos and it's only six females and one male, then yes there is not enough diversity.  But if that's left in the wild plus a zoo population then capturing all the ones left in the wild and starting a captive breeding program with both populations could be viable.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dairy farms would have a much smaller rotation of calfs, so the extra expense probably makes sense to get a good milker. It would be cost prohibitative for a small beef farmer though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Plenty of Southern White Rhinos left.  This is a subspecies that is becoming extinct.  Honestly, not a big deal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#43]
It may seem as though I am ignorant, but in fact I am just over informed when it comes to this bullshit.  Species go extinct every day.  "I will care about trivial bullshit when children in Africa stop being raped"  

They are the same damn animal as the southern breed, just separated in history.  Florida Puma, Channel Island Grey Fox, etc.  

Quoted:
I don't think so because it just looks like you're trying too hard to come off as mr. Internet Cynic and Edgy Guy .

If it turns out you really don't care, then yes.  It makes you seem ignorant and crass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

How much cheaper?  For everyone else in this thread who don't know, the procedure is pretty simple.  A seamen dealer drops off the bull cum and usually the farmer preforms the procedure.  It consists of fisting the cow in the ass and grabbing the cervix.  Once you have the cervix you guide the semen injector into the uterus and inject.  It's so simple that a farmer friend of mine actually let me do it a few times.  
View Quote

I went to a high school that was half city folks and half farmers.  We had to put together a presentation in English class.  One of the girls did her presentation on inseminating a cow.  There were a whole lot of .

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok I could be wrong..... But..... I work at "White Oak" plantation for endangered animals and I know they have a lot off "white rhinos" and I know they have had over two dozen babies also..
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ok I could be wrong..... But..... I work at "White Oak" plantation for endangered animals and I know they have a lot off "white rhinos" and I know they have had over two dozen babies also..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are Southern White Rhinos.  Same species, different subspecies.  Minor, almost negligible genetic and morphological differences.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Are you an INSEMINATOR?
The Fla jokes could be epic!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#49]
BBQ?  Too soon?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#50]
And some ARFCOM idiot was questioning the benefits of game laws in a recent thread.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top