Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 5:12:23 PM EDT
Looking to buy a case for the standard size iPhone 6. Usually, when I get a new phone I'll go through 4-6 cases before I find one I like. I thought I might streamline the process by asking what GD uses and likes.

Right now I'm just using a cheap bumper case until I can find what I want.

Looking for something fairly low profile and slim that offers good protection against every day bumps and drops. Definately want a case that has a raised lip to protect the screen. Don't want a slick case, something with some grip but not silicone.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the stuff on Amazon by iBlason. I have their cases on my tablet and phone. Absolutely no complaints here. Granted they aren't waterproof or high end but they work great for general duty stuff.

Edit:  It is THIS case

The wife has a black one, and I went green in case I'm trying to find my phone without my glasses  $20 with prime shipping, hard plastic/polycarbonate shell with some kind of synthetic rubber bumpers and screen protector built in.  Even has rubber protectors built in for the mute/silence button, charging port, and headphone jack.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The basic Apple silicone case is actually pretty effective and doesn't weigh hardly anything.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
just bought a pelican voyager case today for my 6,  so far I like it.  It has grip pads on the back, but not too grippyand it isnt extraordinarily bulky either
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these and it works great.

pelican

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've just got the silicone case.  Waiting on a Life Proof Case to come out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Case-Transparent-WARRANTY/dp/B00MOR2JTC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413840036&sr=8-1&keywords=khomo+iphone+6

The black edge (also available in clear) is a little rubbery (but not silicone) for cushion and grip. The back also has standoffs so that the clear part never sits directly on a flat surface to help prevent the back of the case from scratching up. The edge also extends above the screen so there is always an edge to rest on. The edge is also snug against the iphone, not at all loose so it fits tight.

For $10, I'm very happy with it.  The clear one lights up when you turn on the LED light on the rear, kinda neat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
using a cheapie $2 case from ebay until Magpul comes out with theirs
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I do like the size and feel of my Magpul 4S case. They can't be beaten for the price. My only gripe is that the openings for the ports are too small.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up three cases tonight to try out tonight. An Otterbox commuter, two thinner Incipio models, an NGP and a Dualpro.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the Spigen Tough Armor.  I like it better than the magpul case I had on my 4.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have the Spigen Tough Armor.  I like it better than the magpul case I had on my 4.
View Quote

I had planned on buying it until I read several reviews stating that the lip in the front wasn't high enough to protect the screen.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a spigen and like it, but it won't work with any of my docks. Using a Hex now, which I like but probably isn't enough protection for you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#15]

I accidently hit "block image" (on my phone) I dont know what that does.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Basically reports the new poster for posting an inappropriate image I believe. I think it gets deleted if it gets a certain number of down votes. You should be fine I think, but it does record the votes to keep users from taking advantage of it.

Eta - I'm probably wrong with some details but it was implemented to keep new users from spamming pics
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had planned on buying it until I read several reviews stating that the lip in the front wasn't high enough to protect the screen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have the means of taking a pick of my phone in the case, but I would say the lip rises 1-2mm over the screen of the phone.  Not really deep, bu the edge of the case does extend past the screen.  It fist the phone very securely.  Much more so than the Magpul case.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I also have the Pelican case. No issues, not bulky, and with an Invisishield Glass screen protector, it is perfect.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm in the same boat.  Using this case at the moment.  Overall I'm pretty satisfied but I usually go through a few cases until I find what I really like.

Urban Armor Gear case

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I am also using the UAG case above and liking it.

Tried the otterbox defender it was HUGE but tanky.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:10:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Another vote for Urban Armor Gear. I've had them on my last two phones and will be getting another when I get a new phone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:12:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:20:30 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Still waiting. I heard the otterbox is having issues too so that doesn't help.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:21:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Apple silicone case is best case.

Otherwise just wait for Lifeproof so you can turn your phone into a brick.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

All the Lifeproof cases I've seen for iPhone are pretty slim.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here because everyone seems to love huge phones these days, but I prefer the smaller screen size of The 4S. The 6 is amazingly light and slim and I'd love to have it's feathery sleekness is a smaller overall size. I can't imagine wanting one as large as the 6 Plus or some of those huge Samsung phones.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I can't hear you, your Lifeproof case is muffling your mic really bad.

Great case, other than that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't know if Diztronic makes one, but they probably do. I have one on my Oneplus One. Nice case, still thin enough that I pocket the phone with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to recommend Lifeproof. I bought a Lifeproof case with my 4S in 2012 and the rubber lip around the face of the case has pulled off. It is no longer waterproof, and their website says they only warranty against manufacturing defects for up to a year, so I went looking to buy a replacement. I found a decent deal on one (govx.com) but the picture govx had on their site differed from the pics on Lifeproof's site, so I called Lifeproof to confirm that those were legit cases.

The Lifeproof rep said "Oh, you already have one of our cases? I'm going to send you a link for you to send us some pics of the damage to your case and we'll send you a new one. What's your email address?" My replacement case should be here tomorrow or Friday.

TL;DR: Lifeproof will send you a replacement case - for free - if yours fails, even a year and a half after the warranty expires.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#30]
my iphone 6 plus was shipped without the backordered apple silicone case.

i was desperate and went to the apple store and bought the leather one instead, been happy so far.

eta: waiting on the magpul offering
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Magpul is slacking so I picked up the Otterbox Commuter. Works fine. People's issues with the headphone jack is based on a lack of understanding of the design more then the design itself.

Now for the size of the damn phone, that's another issue. I think the 4S was the perfect size. Why they couldn't just update the tech is beyond me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Magpul case sucks. Yes, I have one, and, yes, I'll be that guy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I got this one to use until the lifeproof one comes out:

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-body-Protective-Protector-Resistant/dp/B00MOOF4D8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1413987893&sr=8-3&keywords=Iphone+6+case+supcase

It's actually pretty dang nice.  Does what the otterbox does but isn't as bulky.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Rocking an Urban Armor Gear one as well.  Love it.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm waiting for this because I'm retarded
Element Case, Ronin
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#36]
My wife got me the leather Apple case. Feels good, I like it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm waiting for Lifeproof to finish making theirs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Otter Box Symmetry... Smaller than the Commuter, still awesome.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I ended up buying an Otterbox Defender. It's good, just a bit on the large side. I like the looks of the Element cases, but I want to see one in person first - and maybe wait until they have more options available. I love the look of their iPhone 5 cases. I was using a fairly basic STM case for my 5, and I had a Magpul for my 4(the STM is very similar to the Magpul).

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
TL;DR: Lifeproof will send you a replacement case - for free - if yours fails, even a year and a half after the warranty expires.
View Quote

yeah but at what point do you give up?
been through 3 or 4 lifeproof cases all of them for the exact reason as you
I gave up when they sent me one with a bad charging port door out of the box
they have been great about replacing them but they just dont last on the 4/ 4s
FWIW I believe the 5/5s cases they fixed this issue...but dont hold me to that

dont get me wrong... it is still the best case out there IMO
but dont ever think it is waterproof. if anything I would call them "water resistant"
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#41]

I'd like to check this one out but have yet to find one in stock locally. I really liked the Otterbox Reflex for the 4/4S but they quite making that model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top