Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn that thing is loaded!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My new 2014 Gmc Sierra SLT loaded except navigation,a little over 38,000. Very happy with it.

<a href="http://s30.photobucket.com/user/rufusrufgut/media/DSCN0003_zps0a8882d8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/rufusrufgut/DSCN0003_zps0a8882d8.jpg~original</a>

<a href="http://s30.photobucket.com/user/rufusrufgut/media/DSCN0033_zpsa0e63664.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/rufusrufgut/DSCN0033_zpsa0e63664.jpg~original</a>

Indeed. 13+1 230gn gold dot.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Honestly the best thing for you to do is look for a 2001 Toyota Tacoma. Make sure it already has the recall frame work done and if you get it for 19k you stole it.
View Quote

Why the 2001's in particular? I'm ignorant of all the changes over the years, but interested.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My new 2014 Gmc Sierra SLT loaded except navigation,a little over 38,000. Very happy with it.
<a href="http://s30.photobucket.com/user/rufusrufgut/media/DSCN0003_zps0a8882d8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/rufusrufgut/DSCN0003_zps0a8882d8.jpg~original</a>
<a href="http://s30.photobucket.com/user/rufusrufgut/media/DSCN0033_zpsa0e63664.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/rufusrufgut/DSCN0033_zpsa0e63664.jpg~original</a>

Nice, didn't even notice until you said that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm looking a bit older than y'all, but what gets me is the range of prices in these trucks. Looking at a Suburban, 2000-04ish, and seeing them from $3500-15000 with very little difference between them. Some I've seen that have 5K miles difference is a $5k difference. Makes no sense.

Before its said, I know that leather, options, 2wd vs 4wd and all go into it, these are equally equipped trucks
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK, You want to use economic theory to justify your position, and I will use mine:

For those persons who want LARGE pickup trucks, the prices are going UP.  Why, you ask?  If you have not been paying attention, a whole bunch of new EPA regulations are starting to kick in.  

From 2012 to 2016, light truck fuel economy was mandated to increase by over 12%, and they are not done.  The EPA wants the fuel economy for full-sized pickup trucks to increase FORTY percent between 2012 and 2025.

The only way that is happening is by one of two methods:  smaller trucks or more technologically advance (read---EXPENSIVE) trucks.   These added fuel economy and emissions requirements ARE going to cost more, without a doubt.  

For someone who NEEDS a full sized truck, and cannot swallow the $40K (or 50, or 60, or whatever the changes will cost), a used truck seems like a good option.  

And what happens to USED vehicle prices when new car/truck prices go up?  They sure don't go down, nor do they stay the same.  As demand for used trucks rises (due to the cost of new ones), their cost will rise as well.

If you don't believe me, watch what will happen to the technology in the big full-sized pickups over the next few years.  The Ford "eco-boost" and the soon-to-be aluminum sheet metal is the harbinger of things to come.   Just be prepared to pay for it, be it used or new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate to say this, but right now your probably better off buying new, that  or wait for a few years for the used market to get back to normal

I would not bet on that.

With the new emissions and fuel economy standards that are coming, ALL the new trucks will be MORE expensive. (Witness the new aluminum bodied F150 and the eco-boost engines.  Those features are more costly than the old steel and V8, but will help meet the emissions and mileage requirements from the EPA.)

More expensive new trucks will drive up the price of used ones.

I predict used trucks will jump in value at least 10% in the next 18 months.

Sorry, but no, it's called supply and demand. We had a recession and new car sales went from 16-17 million a year to a low of 9 million and a very slow increase since 2009. This is why certain used vehicles can command such a high price. Toyota is getting ready to increase production and reduce the price of Tacomas and Tundras just so they don't lose market share to all the new trucks coming out. Used truck prices will be going down.  

OK, You want to use economic theory to justify your position, and I will use mine:

For those persons who want LARGE pickup trucks, the prices are going UP.  Why, you ask?  If you have not been paying attention, a whole bunch of new EPA regulations are starting to kick in.  

From 2012 to 2016, light truck fuel economy was mandated to increase by over 12%, and they are not done.  The EPA wants the fuel economy for full-sized pickup trucks to increase FORTY percent between 2012 and 2025.

The only way that is happening is by one of two methods:  smaller trucks or more technologically advance (read---EXPENSIVE) trucks.   These added fuel economy and emissions requirements ARE going to cost more, without a doubt.  

For someone who NEEDS a full sized truck, and cannot swallow the $40K (or 50, or 60, or whatever the changes will cost), a used truck seems like a good option.  

And what happens to USED vehicle prices when new car/truck prices go up?  They sure don't go down, nor do they stay the same.  As demand for used trucks rises (due to the cost of new ones), their cost will rise as well.

If you don't believe me, watch what will happen to the technology in the big full-sized pickups over the next few years.  The Ford "eco-boost" and the soon-to-be aluminum sheet metal is the harbinger of things to come.   Just be prepared to pay for it, be it used or new.
Again no, the new F150 is going to cost 400 more than the old one as per Ford, and MSRP means nothing, GM has right now, 5k-15k off, Ram has 11k, Toyota is doing 6K.  New trucks that cost over 35k have ridiculous options and trim levels that didn't exist when trucks topped out at 35k, but you can still buy a full size truck with the lower trim levels. I can go to GM or Ram right now and leave the lot with a crew cab V8 for under 35k easily. They also actually track the used car market and it's going down and projected to keep going down into 2020. If the actual real numbers aren't good enough for you then I don't know what else to tell you.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If the actual real numbers aren't good enough for you then I don't know what else to tell you.  
View Quote

Reading comprehension is key.  I didn't say they are going up NOW.  I said they WILL go up as the new, more expensive models are introduced.

Ford's aluminum body may only have an MSRP of $400 over the previous year, but the Eco-Boost is another factor in added cost that you ignore.  And lastly, we have not seen what GM and Dodge will do to meet these new emissions/CAFE standards, so we don't know WHAT their added costs will be.

I guess we can both watch the market for the next 2-5 years, and come back and see who is/was right.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top