User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
TR3B's are kinda cool.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen a flying saucer. On a few occasions, I've seen some quiet and fast-moving aircraft with NVG.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
In the early 2000's my sis and I were coming back from grandma's house during an off and on snow storm near Cleveland Ohio at night.
There was a low deck of clouds which were lit up orange by the city lights.
Below the clouds was a black triangle with lights on it shining down.
It was heading north and moving slowly.
It freaked us out at the time.  We thought "is that a UFO?"  This was the time when I was becoming skeptical about UFO's so I said "its probably just a military plane".  At the time I knew what an F117 was, but I didn't identify it as an F117.
To this day I don't know if it was actually a regular plane that my mind resolved into a triangle due to visibility problems, or if it actually was a more triangular craft like an F117, or something else that was actually a triangle.
My memory isn't accurate enough to say with certainty.
That's the key thing to remember with stories like these.  The memory you have may or may not be an accurate representation of what you perceived, and what you perceived may or may not be an accurate representation of what you actually saw.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never seen a flying saucer. On a few occasions, I've seen some quiet and fast-moving aircraft with NVG.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Then by all means, please explain what happened at Malmstrom AFB in 1967.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security; (2) there has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principles beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge; and (3) there has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" are extraterrestrial vehicles.

After years of gazing up into the night sky, I have not seen anything that I couldn't identify.

The AF prefers not to record such incidents at present.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Aaaaaaaaand............?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Aaaaaaaaand............?

Quoted:
Totally believe in UFO's after an encounter / Sighting 3 years ago. What I witnessed Defies all logical explanation.

Hes trollin
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security; (2) there has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principles beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge; and (3) there has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" are extraterrestrial vehicles.

After years of gazing up into the night sky, I have not seen anything that I couldn't identify.

Which speaks volumes on its own.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The F117 was actually shitty at maneuvers.  They could barely fly, with fly by wire tech.

The .gov attributes them to many UFO sightings they could never have have done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the mid 90s I was around 10 years old. I saw what looked like a  black triangle with 3 lights in Rutherford County TN one night, maneuvering silently as I thought no aircraft could.

Mid 90s?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/jimanders1967/breakfast/stealth-bomber_zps9f2b0241.jpg

The F117 was actually shitty at maneuvers.  They could barely fly, with fly by wire tech.

The .gov attributes them to many UFO sightings they could never have have done.

He was 10 years old. Mid 90s those things were everywhere. I'm sure he saw aliens
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]

haven't been there in a while but was a good place for a beer.

we should have a Fort Worth get together there one saturday.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I want to believe....

I spend a lot of time outdoors and still have never seen a UFO or at least I could always explain what I had seen with one exception:  Was visiting a friends house as a kid, maybe 6-7 years old.   We BOTH saw a helicopter land sorta next door on the other side of a tree line.  We were pretty excited and later told our moms about it (they were indoors).   Yet they claim nothing like that happened as they were both inside and heard nothing.  The other odd thing is that we both only remember it landing, not powering down or taking back off again.... Yet we both saw it happen.  

I can't explain that.  Almost like shared hallucination?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#11]
No UFO but one time my wife and I noticed something odd in the sky. Looking wigh binoculars we could see it was helium filled number "5".  Must have been from a birthday or something..
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#12]
they're just here for baseball

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]

I remember that episode.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
haven't been there in a while but was a good place for a beer.   we should have a Fort Worth get together there one saturday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
haven't been there in a while but was a good place for a beer.   we should have a Fort Worth get together there one saturday.

I would if I still lived in Mansfield,  closer to Houston now sadly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's a twist I thought of one night out on a backcountry backpacking trip while sipping some Knob Creek and discussing the finer points of the possibility of UFO's...........

What if even some of the reports are indeed true. Could it be that somewhere in the future, we have mastered time travel and those are people coming back to view what is going on?

Imagine Disney 200 years from now offering that ride in their parks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here's a twist I thought of one night out on a backcountry backpacking trip while sipping some Knob Creek and discussing the finer points of the possibility of UFO's...........

What if even some of the reports are indeed true. Could it be that somewhere in the future, we have mastered time travel and those are people coming back to view what is going on?

Imagine Disney 200 years from now offering that ride in their parks.
View Quote

I have thought th the same thing. Maybe it's the distant future and thanks to technology we barely have to move so our muscles have atrophied. To help view our massive screens, eyes have evolved to be much larger.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]
What if they are time travelers?  FROM THE PAST.....

Mind blown.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Nobody is going to believe me...or they will just say I got an anal probing...but what the hell it's GD.

In about 1976 (10-11 years old) I was at my Grandmas house in Lyman, WA.  Her house was next to the Skagit River. I would take her .22 down to the sand bars shooting.  It was a nice, warm summer morning.  I was walking over a small rise with lots skinny "river trees" (don't know what they are called, but grew like weeds in the river bar area).  

Just as I was walking down into the "sand bar" clearing I saw a large silver "ball" through the tree tops. I could not really tell how big it was at first though...I remember it was difficult to judge its size.

It hovered at, or slightly below the tree line (15-20 feet?), and I guess that there was maybe 50 - 60 yards of the skinny trees between me and the sphere - but I could see it clearly through the trees. It was extremely reflective and "bright".

At first I thought it was a "balloon" of some kind, but as my eyes adjusted I could not see any kind of strings attached to it, and it was "perfectly round" - not like any kind of balloon I had ever seen.  It sat there motionless, and I could hear nothing out of the ordinary.

I was going to walk to it, but being a dumb kid I shouldered the .22 and took a peek at it through the scope (guessing it was 4x?).   I remember thinking it looked very cool and "shinny" ...reminded me of a big round mirror from a distance.  As an adult, I can now say it looked very much like a large "mirror ball" (not sure if they sold these in the 70's?) ...

I obviously had forgotten my gun safety rules by "scoping" the thing...and that was when shit got weird.

The sphere slowly started moving towards me. The tops of the trees were being bent over and to the sides as it came forward. I was still looking through the scope and noticed that the trees did not seem to be touching the sphere as they bent - but maybe this was an optical illusion of the reflective surface?

I still did not hear anything, but I distinctly remember "feeling"  some kind of sensation. I can only explain it like maybe a very low frequency vibration just below my ability to "hear", but could "feel" strongly.

Being a very dumb kid, I still stood there pointing my .22 at this thing.  It silently plowed through the tops of the skinny trees towards me and stopped...maybe 20 feet away. The only other sound I remember hearing was the bending & snapping noises from the tree tops and debris falling from them.

This thing was huge now, I don't know if it actually "grew" or I was way off on my initial distance / size estimate.  I would guess the diameter was roughly the size of a large school bus.  (I know it sounds like I probably rode the "short bus" )

I recall finally lowering the rifle and just standing there.  I was not scared, just "dumbstruck" I guess. For some reason I decided to go "prone" and lay down behind the small (3 feet?) "ridge" between myself and the gigantic sphere floating about 20 feet away. I distinctly remember it casting a shadow on the sand below it.

I just laid there staring at this huge chrome ball now floating maybe 10 feet above the ground. I cant remember if I could still "feel" the low sound "sensation" at this point.  I could see no features or surface texture, and this was very curious to me.  When it was close I did see what I can only explain as possibly a "corona" around the outer edge of the sphere. It was a very small "distortion" around the edge of it.  This "glow" is very hard to explain in bright day light, but I definitely remember seeing it. Similar to this:

I have no idea why I was not scared shirtless - running my fat little butt the other way.

I looked at it through the scope again, shouldered the .22...and that was the last thing I remember.

I "woke up" laying in the same spot, .22 laying in the sand in front of me.  Looking back, I have no idea why I just walked back to grandmas house, dinner ready on the table.  She was worried that I had not came back for lunch, or answered her shouts for me.  She said I had been gone since 8-9am - it was dinner time (6-7pm?) I NEVER missed grandmas lunches!!!!    She was also worried that I had a nasty sun burn on my forearms, and back of my neck.

I told grandma what I saw - she was so cool, and said we would walk down and check it out in the morning.  

Next day we walked down there and saw a very defined swath of bent tree tops. A few of the taller dead ones had snapped off. There was a very large debris trail of leaves and twigs as well.

My grandma had no idea what to think of it - but believed me. She was shocked by the size of the leaf & twig debris trail.  I still don't know what to think of it all these years later, but I can remember the details like it happened yesterday.

Scares the crap out of me now -  but did not then.

And NO - I experienced no anal soreness / irritation. No evidence of probing.  (this is GD, I had to make it clear )

TL;DR cliff notes:

1. My ass did not hurt afterwards.

2. 1976 I saw a big silver sphere about the diameter of a school bus.  It came closer to me after pointing my .22 at it,  and I then "fell asleep" for possibly 5-6 hours laying on the ground.  Left a large debris trail.

3. My ass did not hurt afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nobody is going to believe me...or they will just say I got an anal probing...but what the hell it's GD.

View Quote

Awesome story, well-told, with good humor.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Ive seen several over the years. Wont bore you with long stories but the first was about 10 years ago. Metallic orb flying around. Got a good look at it as did my ex wife. She however was so spooked, she wouldnt talk about it.

Saw one a couple years ago. Brought my NODS out to watch a meteor shower at 2 AM and saw a large elongated one fly buy. It made zero noise and I would have never seen it if I wasnt wearing NODS.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been hit with a few.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

*snip*

View Quote

Amazing story.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Swamp gas. /thread
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  

I have posted this once before here, but did not get any responses. I am happy that I was not immediately branded a liar, kook, short bus kid, or have no problems with constipation for other worldly reasons.

On a serous note - the older I get, the more scared I become when I am out alone in the woods.  

Every time find myself in a similar setting (next to a river, sand, trees) I get uncomfortable, and can't help but remember this "thing".  I get a sore neck looking around for a giant silver ball that might be sneaking up behind me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Hello George?  I called the east of the rockies number but I am west of the rockies.  Should I just hang up and call back on the wildcard line?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ive seen several over the years. Wont bore you with long stories but the first was about 10 years ago. Metallic orb flying around. Got a good look at it as did my ex wife. She however was so spooked, she wouldnt talk about it.

Saw one a couple years ago. Brought my NODS out to watch a meteor shower at 2 AM and saw a large elongated one fly buy. It made zero noise and I would have never seen it if I wasnt wearing NODS.
View Quote

Hey thebomber....just curious, did it look anything like this (from my post above), or was it a dull metallic color?

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:...

View Quote
Space Novacaine

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#29]
The UFO hotline limits me to two call per day now.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Yup. Mine was/is a flickering light/object that usually comes around during the winter. It comes in from the south then just sits there, not always in the same spot but usually above/near a lake. It moves in around 8 and will stay there until about 5am then head back the way it came. I thought about it being a helo, satellite, UAV etc. but none if them make sense. Another memeber on here in NC(which isn't that far) has said that he has seen something like it.

The thing is miles away and is bright as shit.

I know the first time I saw it, it creeped me the fuckout and just seem "evil".
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yup. Mine was/is a flickering light/object that usually comes around during the winter. It comes in from the south then just sits there, not always in the same spot but usually above/near a lake. It moves in around 8 and will stay there until about 5am then head back the way it came. I thought about it being a helo, satellite, UAV etc. but none if them make sense. Another memeber on here in NC(which isn't that far) has said that he has seen something like it.

View Quote

I am guessing it was my story on page one you are talking about. Yours is much more predictable than mine. It was one and done. I would love to see it again esp since I have some nice binoculars now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Space Novacaine  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:...
Space Novacaine  

Great.....

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

something like this?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

something like this?
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TrFGEib2FwM/hqdefault.jpg

No. What show is that from?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

something like this?

I think that's from the old Heavy Metal movie.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hey thebomber....just curious, did it look anything like this (from my post above), or was it a dull metallic color?

http://img.tjskl.org.cn/nimg/64/bd/cd85c6460df529d88b2ddd94c834-300x300-1/silver_10inch_decorative_stainless_steel_gazing_ball_sphere_with_high_reflecting.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.tjskl.org.cn/nimg/64/bd/cd85c6460df529d88b2ddd94c834-300x300-1/silver_10inch_decorative_stainless_steel_gazing_ball_sphere_with_high_reflecting.jpg

Yup, looked just like that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

something like this?

Yes its from Heavy Metal, you said it looked evil and the first thing I thought of was the locknar.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top