User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
pg 2
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Do any of those 510 touchdowns have a name?  One that we all know?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol that's my point.

Rings don't necessarily make you great.

Think if manning played with those steel curtain defenses. Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many rings does Terry Bradshaw have?

Its a team game.

TB is possibly the most overrated QB of all time.

Lol that's my point.

Rings don't necessarily make you great.

Think if manning played with those steel curtain defenses. Lol

Oh I 100% agree with you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Frank , I think he named one Frank !
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Frank from Omaha?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes , Omaha Omaha !
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Where was this thread last February?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I am turning into a Broncos fan just to cheer him on.  What a great guy and history!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't this the guy that threw a pick-6 to give New orleans their first SB win?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

And took the most prolific offense ever to even new heights by scoring 8 points in the big game?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does trolling this thread make you feel better about your team losing to a team that got smoked by the Vikings?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I give him credit for longevity, and coming back from that injury. He was always a tough competitor, accurate passer...definite HOF QB.

But no way in hell is he the best QB ever.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And took the most prolific offense ever to even new heights by scoring 8 points in the big game?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't think anyone is saying he's never lost a game.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I give him credit for longevity, and coming back from that injury. He was always a tough competitor, accurate passer...definite HOF QB.

View Quote

Quarterbacks are supposed to generate offense. Score points, throw touchdowns, lead an offense,  manage a game and defeat defenses.  No one has ever done this at a more efficient level. Period.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed but plenty say he's the best ever to play it which is what we're disagreeing with
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Agreed but plenty say he's the best ever to play it which is what we're disagreeing with
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was a better all around qb?

Take that guy and replace him with Peyton and I contend that team would have been improved.

That's where I stand anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Take that guy and replace him with Peyton and I contend that team would have been improved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's in the conversation no doubt, and my guy is Brady but it pains me to say even he isn't the best ever.  Montana did it the best IMO
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Fair enough. It's sports these debates will always exist.

Just remember what Matt castle did when inserted into Bradys role.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does trolling this thread make you feel better about your team losing to a team that got smoked by the Vikings?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fair enough. It's sports these debates will always exist.

Just remember what Matt castle did when inserted into Bradys role.
View Quote

I remember.  Took the exact same team that won 16 games the year before and only won 11 and missed the playoffs, only time in the last 11 years.  Talk about a drop off.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Great QB no doubt about it, he just can't win the big games and he was part of real good teams.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quarterbacks are supposed to generate offense. Score points, throw touchdowns, lead an offense,  manage a game and defeat defenses.  No one has ever done this at a more efficient level. Period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bingo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Yeah but to be seriously considered the best ever you have to do it when it matters the most, and Peyton looks up to even his goofball brother in that category.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No QB has ever had a system built to protect and make him successful like Manning. Well, maybe Brady...but there's many QBs that could be successful in those offenses. The best QB's find a way to win when all hell breaks loose. Unitas, Favre, Montana, Graham, Elway are all ahead of these guys.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Immaculate something or other...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Peyton Manning is a great guy, and well deserving of the record. He has the skill, and class, that I can support him getting it. Even if he is a Bronco.

Anyone remember last year when he broke Brady's single season TD record last year? I think he said something along the lines of, It's a temporary record, I'll enjoy it while I can. Tom will probably break it again next year.

Not common in sports to see an athlete who is obviously the best of their time being that humble, and respectful.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Number of rings??

/Thread
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Number of rings??

/Thread
View Quote

In before the Dilfer/Marino comparison but yes when talking about the Top 5 all time, rings matter
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Greatest Ever.

Although I really hope his Hall of Fame statue has that dumb red helmet mark on the forehead.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Number of rings??

/Thread
View Quote

Bradshaw?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No QB has ever had a system built to protect and make him successful like Manning. Well, maybe Brady...but there's many QBs that could be successful in those offenses. The best QB's find a way to win when all hell breaks loose. Unitas, Favre, Montana, Graham, Elway are all ahead of these guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He litterly designed and trained the personel to run the system
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Yukonboy agrees with this message
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manning and Brady are both system QB's. Knock either of these systems out of rhythm and both look pedestrian.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Manning and Brady are both system QB's. Knock either of these systems out of rhythm and both look pedestrian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#35]
You know what is crazy?  Peyton has a realistic shot at 600.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#36]
And yet only 1 SuperBowl ring.  Sorry, he needs a few more of those before you can even consider throwing his hat in the ring for best QB ever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I think that Pittsburgh,  Seattle,and  the Patriots have something to say about that.  500000 touchdowns is cool but I want several of those silver footballs on display.  Eli beat Brady twice.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't like him souly based on the fact that he's a challenger for the Seahawks, but I can appreciate what he has done.

Yes, they all have a name and number attached to them
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Great game

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Prolific / putting up numbers does not mean GOAT.

He is a great qb, but not the best ever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Having the most touchdowns does not necessarily make you the best QB ever. There are a lot of QBs who were stuck with a shitty O-line, or shitty receivers, or had an injury that shortened their career. But Peyton is certainly one of the greats, and IMO, better than Favre was.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:51:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bingo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo

Actually, the NFL does have an efficiency rating system, and nobody has ever done it more efficiently than Aaron Rodgers. Peyton Manning is second place, but well behind Rodgers. And it's not even close between first and second place.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:56:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually, statistically speaking... manning is ahead of favre

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Way to go Peyton!

(<------- grew up watching Favre tear it up)
View Quote

This.

I grew up about 40 miles from Favre's town.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

name 1 qb that could go from team to team, use COMPLETELY different offenses, and win at the same rate.  

its retarded to try and move a goal post in such a way that is simply intellectually dishonest.  you create an offensive system that promotes your qb's strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.  anyone with sense knows that.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Yip
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:03:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's been an honor having him qb my favorite team. He really is one of the good guys in sports.
View Quote

He learned it from his dad.
Archie is one of the most humble stand up guys you will ever meet.
A surperb person.

And as they say, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:12:39 AM EDT
[#49]
numbers say peyton is better than brady in everything except int%
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#50]
If nothing else this girl and her dad had a good time.  Halloween came early.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top