Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 9:14:48 PM EDT
Here's her happy, sad, confused and pissed off - she likes to stare at me for up to 5 minutes sometimes

I found her almost two years ago in my backyard half-dead during a snowstorm lying under my Weber Grill, she was under 5 lbs. I never liked cats, but I couldn't turn down saving one...she's been like a little dog, very chill and loyal. Vet think she's about 10 years old, is missing most of her teeth too. We named her Stormy.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Hasn't decided on how she'll take you out, as yet...nor, what parts she wants to eat first.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Rescue cats are the best, most appreciative cats.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Rescue cats are grateful for their new lease of life.  From a life of hardship, exposure, scavenging to boredom in a warm room.  Waiting long hours for the human to return home to FEED them and so they have a lap to warm themselves on and finally, to clean that nasty litter box.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:38:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. One rescue cat I've had never stopped looking up with adoration and gratitude. Never forgot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice job taking her in OP.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#6]
She is clearly plotting on you. Good rescue OP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#7]
You have a very pretty pussy.  Mrs. Slocombe would be totally jealous.

Edit to add- Great job on rescuing her.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice marmot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember that thread.  Lots of snow and you were a little hesitant to bring her in.

Not a cat guy but you gave in.  Look at you now
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
When she looks like that she's probably downloading the latest updates from the master control satellite.

You'll also notice that if you set anything on their heads (sock, wrapping paper, etc) that blocks the signal, they freeze up for a bit until internal programming kicks in.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#11]
i remember that thread too.. good on you OP!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Good for you OP, I have two  I've tamed that we're feral one adopted me 3 years ago and I have one that lives outside, she prefers the outdoors., and always brings me her latest catch to show me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I think my rescue cat some how turned into a koala bear.  He sleeps around 20 hours a day.  Only getting up to eat, pee and crap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Cute kitteh, good job OP.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Pretty cat.  Good save.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Pretty cat. Good save.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Needs to be bred with Jack Bauer for a bunch of stupid looking mongoloid off spring.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I found Worthless, as a kitten, hanging on the screen section of the storm door one February morning - wet, freezing, and hungry.  I took her in and see to her every need.  Three years in, she has yet to show the tiniest bit of gratitude.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nice job taking her in OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.. Wasn't really a cat guy either, til a couple strays won me over..
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Good on you!

Looks like she is living well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ours is a "pre-owned" cat that had serious problems after the former owners had their first child.  They started putting him outdoors to keep him away from the kid, but they wanted him to go to a good home before the coyotes got lucky.

Put him in a cat carrier, the guy didn't make a peep during the 4 hour drive home.

He likes his new quiet digs.  We play for a bit every day, he gets his brushing and treats, and he can sleep in the sunbeams on the south side of the house.  He's waiting by the door every time I come home, he sleeps on my lap when I watch TV, and he's my little orange buddy. A very fun cat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I have four cats, all but one have been rescue at death's door.

The only one that wasn't a rescue, just decided he wanted to live with us rather than where ever he came from.  He was well fed, and would show up every couple of months, then just showed up one day and came running into our house and decided to stay. He was chipped, but the folks never registered the chip.

I think the other owners wanted him to be an inside only cat, so he would escape ever few months and come over to our place. Finally, he said, "Screw it," I ain't going back.

He is a people person cat, doesn't get along with other cats, but just like to hang out with people. When you are working in the yard, he will follow you around and just plot down to watch you do what you are doing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I found Worthless, as a kitten, hanging on the screen section of the storm door one February morning - wet, freezing, and hungry.  I took her in and see to her every need.  Three years in, she has yet to show the tiniest bit of gratitude.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=67848
View Quote

Nice tricolor.  They're insane.   At least mine is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Females.  What are you gonna do?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kitties are an entitled bunch.  My wife's is always trying to steal my rifles.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Three years in, she has yet to show the tiniest bit of gratitude.
View Quote

"I haven't killed you yet.....you're welcome!"
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Good save, OP. She's a pretty one, for sure.

I'm sort of waiting on one to find me. I'm sure one will eventually.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/LDHpnix.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an awesome picture.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#31]
My Mom's rescue cat came from her coworkers engine bay as a kitten.

It's a big, fat, grey murder machine that loves giving dead critters to Mom.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cat's got the 1000 yard stare.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#33]
My rescue cat was Bill, a soft, silky furred Siamese type.  He just showed up one day, not particularly distressed, and stayed.  We named him Bill after Bill  Davila, the president of Von's Mkt.
It was the 84 Olympics in LA and he was in the Von's ads during the Olympics where he would just show up on people's front doorstep saying, "hi, i'm Bill  Davila," and go on to tout his stores.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a Female thing.

Did u expect it to act like a male ?

U are smarter than that Jane.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's a Female thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a Female thing.

It's an obsession with you, isn't it, BM?  You couldn't control it even if you wanted to.  Guess it keeps you warm though.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I spent 3 months feeding a little black and orange one that decided it was meant to live under my back porch, that is until I open the door to go to work. At that point it would run in the house as fast as it could & jump up on the nearest table or counter & start purring....

I wanted to keep it but the gf is allergic to cat dander she can barely stand the one cat I have. So I dumped it at my parents house. Now it has all the food & shelter it could need + a couple other cats to be friends with.

I swear it knows the sound of my car, the second I pull into their drive it comes running out meowing loud as it can.

I named it Morty from that "Rick and Morty" cartoon.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  That's a cat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#38]
I miss having a cat so bad.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

It's an obsession with you, isn't it, BM?  You couldn't control it even if you wanted to.  Guess it keeps you warm though.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a Female thing.

<bevis voice>  BM  <bevis voice>

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Currently dealing with my brother's cat and his incessant meowing about wanting to go outside. He managed to get through a screen door that didn't shut all the way and get a taste of freedom for about 4 hours.

Never had a stray or rescue cat, but I've always been nice to neighborhood cats.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#41]
That's a beautiful cat OP!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#42]
*sniff*....*sniff*...anyone else smell cat piss?

Had cats for a long time until one of them started to piss all over the basement.  Took a year to get the stench out.  I can't quite look at a cat the same way without thinking about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top