Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a huge fan of Glock's but I carry a G19 every day. From a shooting standpoint, there are better handguns but for all-around Concealed carry use they're hard to beat. Yes I like my Sigs better but they're heavier and thicker (double-stack.)

Also cost wise a carry piece is likely to see more abuse, I don't feel so bad if my $350 gets a little banged up. I must admit that the Gen 4's feel much better in the hand. Stock triggers still feel like shit but again for intended use, it's just fine. YMMV.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

SP2022 is light, reliable, has a great trigger, very accurate and, best of all, it's not a Glock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Everything a glocks is and better
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what do they opt for nowadays?  M&P?  Sig?

Some, but mostly XD 's and 1911's (primarily Springfield)
The choice of champions.  

Of course they are.  That's why we see them in so many holsters of folks in harms way overseas.  Please qualify your statement.

"The XD's are Bubba Guns. Junk that Bubba buys for cheap and goes to the dump and shoots rats with."  - Larry Vickers

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

SP2022 is light, reliable, has a great trigger, very accurate and, best of all, it's not a Glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not a huge fan of Glock's but I carry a G19 every day. From a shooting standpoint, there are better handguns but for all-around Concealed carry use they're hard to beat. Yes I like my Sigs better but they're heavier and thicker (double-stack.)

Also cost wise a carry piece is likely to see more abuse, I don't feel so bad if my $350 gets a little banged up. I must admit that the Gen 4's feel much better in the hand. Stock triggers still feel like shit but again for intended use, it's just fine. YMMV.

The G19 is much lighter than the SP2022.  Even fully loaded, the 19 is only 1 ounce heavier than an unloaded SP2022 .  

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's set all this Bull Shit aside. The Glock 19 is the best all around pistol in the world. It's the best selling pistols as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The G19 is much lighter than the SP2022.  Even fully loaded, the 19 is only 1 ounce heavier than an unloaded SP2022 .  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, but it's still not a Glock so I like it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is that best of all?  Is your main concern having a pistol that fits your needs, or just being a rebel/snowflake?

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why is that best of all?  Is your main concern having a pistol that fits your needs, or just being a rebel/snowflake?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got your snowflake dangling.

One thread after another for the Glockaholics to feed their need to be re-assured with all the "perfection" crap and the "best of all" bullshit.

Glocks are no better than many, many pistols out there.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

One thread after another for the Glockaholics to feed their need to be re-assured with all the "perfection" crap and the "best of all" bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine hangs, little dangler.

There are many great pistols out there, just like the SIG that you mentioned.  Fanbois on all sides suck, but some pistols are more proven than others.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
A G19 will make you feel very confident out there.  Get up on it.  If everyone else is crazy about something and you're not, maybe it's you.  Don't forget that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LGS sold six yesterday all he had in stock.what's so great about a glock 19?  Or any glock ? Tupperware
View Quote

Really?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Fanbois are creepy but, they haven't dissuaded me from owning a few Glocks. They are good guns.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A G19 will make you feel very confident out there.  Get up on it.  If everyone else is crazy about something and you're not, maybe it's you.  Don't forget that.
View Quote
If everyone else wants to jump out of a plane with no chute, you're going to go with the flow?

I couldn't give a care what you carry and don't tell me what I should carry, and yes, everything will be okay and life goes on.

So maybe its you pushing it, while I'm already happy with something else.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If everyone else wants to jump out of a plane with no chute, you're going to go with the flow?

I couldn't give a care what you carry and don't tell me what I should carry, and yes, everything will be okay and life goes on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody wants to jump out of plane with no chute.  You hearing me?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And not everyone wants a Glock. You hearing me?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

suit yourself.  I used to be the same way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hurrrrr it's a gernade lololol good one!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LGS sold six yesterday all he had in stock.what's so great about a glock 19?  Or any glock ? Tupperware

only civilian legal grenade in the US

Oh dantsx, your love of glocks will be your downfall.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The thread was started by a dude wondering why his gun store was selling so many G19s.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lets do a quick comparison.  

Glock:

All business, minimal design.  Controls you need, none that you don't.  Chosen by some of the best competition shooters, firearm instructors, military units, and LE agencies.  Built to endure government testing and be competitive.

XD:

Over-stylized.  Lots of unnecessary nonsense to make it look cool.  Grip safeties aren't exactly a benefit.  Chosen by some people because, "it's not a glock" and because it's cheap with holster included.  Built to be purchased at gun shops.

Conclusion - will an XD work? Probably.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In for the butthurt from the 1911 and CZ loyalists.

Sorry if the G19/23 feels icky to you.  It flat out works, and seems to be what is used by professionals who have a choice.

in every department I know of that gives you the option they DONT use glocks

Our local cops are issued Glock 22's.  Lots of guys buy a G19, Glock 21SF or Glock 21 instead. One bought his own G41 to carry. I know one who carries a USP 45 and a few old timers carry Sigs in 9mm or 40. One Sgt carries a Beretta. One jailer carries an M&P. Nobody carries a Ruger. Springfield XD are not even allowed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are a few really good pistols out there, and going with those platforms might make more sense.  But not buying a Glock "because it's a Glock" just doesn't make much sense to me.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There are a few really good pistols out there, and going with those platforms might make more sense.  But not buying a Glock "because it's a Glock" just doesn't make much sense to me.  
View Quote

There are some "anti glock" folks on here who are equally annoying as the pro glock trolls they claim to hate so much.

They divided by zero.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which few pistols are you talking about?   The ones that are a direct copy of a Glock?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:25:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point is that it's okay if you want to carry a Glock the same way it's okay if someone else decides to carry something else. Nothing wrong with either or.

I don't like Glocks, I've tried them and its not for me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Which few pistols are you talking about?   The ones that are a direct copy of a Glock?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much, yes.  Otherwise the P series Sigs are a proven platform, and I've always been partial to the M9.  I would also put an HK up against a Glock as far as reliability goes.  I just prefer Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#26]
If you could have just one pistol with the best balance of firepower concealability and reliability the glock 19 is it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If you could have just one pistol with the best balance of firepower concealability and reliability the glock 19 is it.

View Quote
If the G26 had a light mount, it would be my only.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has a trigger like a caulk gun with a few giant lobster claw bands around it.

Sig has to mark them at like $300 to sell them.  Even the silly turkish CZ clones sell for more.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know what you want.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

only civilian legal grenade in the US

How would a 14'er know about TSX?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Glocks work well enough most of the time.

They're not match accurate, and they're not end of the world reliable. But they're accurate enough, and they won't malfunction unless you get a bad extractor, or you do something retarded to the gun.

The sights suck. The ergonomics are terrible. It has no manual safety, or hammer, which I prefer. It has slippery grips.

But it's cheap, magazines are cheap, it holds a bunch of bullets, it's light, and you can find accessories anywhere.

It's also pretty easy to shoot. If you can't shoot a Glock, then you can't shoot.

It's a good gun, even if I don't prefer it.

It's not the Rolls Royce of pistols or anything. The Glock fanboys are the most annoying part.

I'd rather have a 1911, or a Beretta. But I wouldn't feel undergunned with a Glock.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G30S
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They're not match accurate, and they're not end of the world reliable. But they're accurate enough, and they won't malfunction unless you get a bad extractor, or you do something retarded to the gun.

The sights suck. The ergonomics are terrible. It has no manual safety, or hammer, which I prefer. It has slippery grips.

But it's cheap, magazines are cheap, it holds a bunch of bullets, it's light, and you can find accessories anywhere.

It's also pretty easy to shoot. If you can't shoot a Glock, then you can't shoot.

It's not the Rolls Royce of pistols or anything. The Glock fanboys are the most annoying part.

I'd rather have a 1911, or a Beretta. But I wouldn't feel undergunned with a Glock.
View Quote

What's wrong with the ergonomics?  Do you know what that word means?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

it means Glocks become anti-aircraft gernades in his hands, where years of shooting 1911's has caused his wrists to fuse and unable to bend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:04:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't like the way a pistol feels, or where it's controls are located, so I'm retarded and don't know what a word means?

From factory it has a tiny ass slide stop, because Glock thinks you should rack the slide manually to load the pistol. And the magazine release is super tiny as well. It's hard to accidentally hit them, but they're also sorta slow to actuate in a hurry as well. It's grip texturing is laughable.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't like the way a pistol feels, or where it's controls are located, so I'm retarded and don't know what a word means?

From factory it has a tiny ass slide stop, because Glock thinks you should rack the slide manually to load the pistol. And the magazine release is super tiny as well. It's hard to accidentally hit them, but they're also sorta slow to actuate in a hurry as well. It's grip texturing is laughable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen4......
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The slide stop is how it should be. I agree on the mag release but the gen 4 solves that problem.  

I don't think you're retarded, 99.9% of people use the word "ergonomic" incorrectly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Gen4......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen4......

California.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

California.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen4......

California.

There are 48 other states

Cant you do one of those silly 12" barrel exemptions?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The slide stop is how it should be. I agree on the mag release but the gen 4 solves that problem.  

I don't think you're retarded, 99.9% of people use the word "ergonomic" incorrectly.
View Quote

I like a largish slide stop, that's kind of far forward, so it's easy to actuate with your support hand. That's why SIG pistols don't work for me.

I don't like the overhand method at all, and while I don't mind the G34/35 slide stop, or the Vickers Glock slide stop. I don't like the way it is from the factory.

And just like everybody else complains about, the grip angle isn't ideal. It's not a deal breaker, or anything, but it's not ideal. Makes it point kinda strange until you get used to it.

Preferences, I has them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen4......

California.

Switching back to that avatar was the right decision.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen4......

California.

Still not willing to do that for a pistol that I don't really care for. I prefer metal framed hammer fired guns with manual safties if I can get them.

I'm sure I'll get insulted for not really liking poly framed guns, but I can't help it. They work for some people, but not for me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe they were out of CZs?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Still not willing to do that for a pistol that I don't really care for. I prefer metal framed hammer fired guns with manual safties if I can get them.

I'm sure I'll get insulted for not really liking poly framed guns, but I can't help it. They work for some people, but not for me.
View Quote

No one will insult you for your preferences.  bashing glock for "terrible ergonomics" is the only reason I posted. I like full metal guns with hammers too, especially the CZ SP-01 Tactical.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]

From factory it has a tiny ass slide stop, because Glock thinks you should rack the slide manually to load the pistol. And the magazine release is super tiny as well. It's hard to accidentally hit them, but they're also sorta slow to actuate in a hurry as well. It's grip texturing is laughable

Gen4......

California.

Can you get CZ-75's?

Those are great.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:21:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No one will insult you for your preferences.  bashing glock for "terrible ergonomics" is the only reason I posted. I like full metal guns with hammers too, especially the CZ SP-01 Tactical.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they weren't California legal until about 3 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Can you get CZ-75's?

Those are great.
View Quote

I can get CZ-75s. They are great, and I've considered it. When I get ready to buy another pistol, if I decide to replace Beretta as my 9mm gun, then CZ will be looked at.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:24:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
I will agree on all points and I correct this stuff on all of my Glocks.  The RTF2 was the best Glock ever but they dropped it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:24:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

California.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen4......

California.

SSE or PPT
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd freaking love one of these.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top