Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/19/2014 2:52:17 PM EDT
LGS sold six yesterday all he had in stock.what's so great about a glock 19?  Or any glock ? Tupperware
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
John has a long mustache.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Marketing...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Because glock makes a very reliable gun, sells it for a reasonable price, doesn't ass-rape you for mags, and you can find holsters/accessories for them anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to buy a Glock, that's the model.  Though I prefer the pre-brass in face generations.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because glock makes a very reliable gun, sells it for a reasonable price, doesn't ass-rape you for mags, and you can find holsters/accessories for them anywhere.
View Quote

All true, but always has been. Is selling 6 in a day a "run?"
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they were out of CZs?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you're going to buy a Glock, that's the model.  Though I prefer the pre-brass in face generations.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
The media is doing their best to put fear and panic in their viewers/readers in hopes of continued ratings.  As a result, people who may have never considered owning a weapon are beginning to think it might not be a bad idea.  They ask themselves "What do police carry?", Glock.  "What can I afford?"   Glock.  What's selling like hot cakes?  Glock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The G19 is the most perfect all around pistol.  That's why I have 1
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't you hear? Glock is shutting down due to family drama. Gaston's mistress is taking over and switching to manufacturing food storage containers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The G23 is the most perfect all around pistol.  That's why I have 1
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#14]
If he had a good deal on them, I'd buy another. My wife stole my 19, so I'm carrying my 26. The 17 is the bedside gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#15]
They are inexpensive, lightweight, and it is hard to find a firearm in that small of a package that holds that much firepower.  they can literally be used for everything from cc, to a sidearm to someone in uniform to a night stand pistol.

With that said they are not really my cup of tea, but it is easy to see their appeal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not a huge fan of Glock's but I carry a G19 every day. From a shooting standpoint, there are better handguns but for all-around Concealed carry use they're hard to beat. Yes I like my Sigs better but they're heavier and thicker (double-stack.)

Also cost wise a carry piece is likely to see more abuse, I don't feel so bad if my $350 gets a little banged up. I must admit that the Gen 4's feel much better in the hand. Stock triggers still feel like shit but again for intended use, it's just fine. YMMV.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

LGS sold six yesterday all he had in stock.what's so great about a glock 19?  Or any glock ? Tupperware
View Quote
19s are traditionally the hottest-selling model at my shop, followed by a rough tie between 26 and 23.  The 27 is a close third.  Dunno why that is.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#18]
The last of the Austrian made Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Member here since 05 w/ 20k posts...

I thought blatant trolling was against the rules?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

So basically you are retarded?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to post this.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The G19's are like Toyota Corolla's or Honda Civic's.

They ain't pretty but they get the job done.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#23]
What Generation? If 2nd generation I can see why.

Another reason could be Ebola. The peppers is now mainstream and they are all gearing up for doomsday.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having an opinion doesn't make him a retard.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including the word "Tupperware" with a yucky face in any adult discussion about Glocks is a one way ticket to retardville.

It's about as dumb as positing about AR15s "shitting where they eat".

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Including the word "Tupperware" with a yucky face in any adult discussion about Glocks is a one way ticket to retardville.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It still an opinion. He express it in his only loving way. I love my Glock 19 but I don't go ape shit when people called Glock trash.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#29]
It's the Honda Civic of the Gun World.

Relatively Cheap.

Reliable.

Easy to work on.

Cheap upgrades.

Takes abuse well and keeps on ticking.

When done with it, clean it up and sell it for damn near what you paid.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thread
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree;I still found the reply funny.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#32]
What if it was one guy that bought six guns?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I have to explain it, you won't understand.    Buy a Glock 19 and a good quality holster, then carry it for 30 days.  You'll then understand.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm not a huge fan of Glock's but I carry a G19 every day. From a shooting standpoint, there are better handguns but for all-around Concealed carry use they're hard to beat. Yes I like my Sigs better but they're heavier and thicker (double-stack.)

Also cost wise a carry piece is likely to see more abuse, I don't feel so bad if my $350 gets a little banged up. I must admit that the Gen 4's feel much better in the hand. Stock triggers still feel like shit but again for intended use, it's just fine. YMMV.

View Quote

Bingo!!
I'm a Sig guy but my edc is a G19
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Logically, we do have an election coming so it could be people buying before it happens. There was a bunch of people who couldn't afford a Glock (any model) during the last panic. It could also be a bunch of people turning 21 for the same reasons just stated.

I don't like the 19/23 frames but it is one of the hottest selling frames still.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I love Glock. Glocky, Glocky, Glock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]
A 19 is a good carry gun. Maybe an uptick of CCW holders in your area due to ISIS/Ebola scares?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#38]
The mags are interchangeable with their carbine that they're releasing Q1 of next year.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Glock G19 just has more pros>cons. It's a jack of all trades. Just a great all-around utilitarian firearm.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this. It isn't a design that I'm going to take out of a velvet case, wipe it down gently with its own special cloth, and then sigh lovingly as I put it back into the safe. What it is:
Relatively inexpensive
Reliable
Simple
Accurate
Fairly light weight, even a full size
Extremely easy to find mags, holsters, and parts for
Good capacity
Good enough trigger

If Glocks don't trip your trigger that's fine but in my opinion they're perfect meat & potatoes duty & CCW guns.
ETA: the G19 is a great model, I recommend it to anyone wanting to get a Glock for CCW or home use. I like the G17 personally.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow the rare third post nail...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

For a couple of months I had been trying to decide between a Sig P229 and CZ compact (or clone) (nothing against glock, I just prefer a hammer) but when I checked out mag prices at my LGS, hol-eee shit that made that decision easier.

I am not saying that I couldn't have found them a couple dollars cheaper online maybe...but if they were asking $55 bucks for Sig mags in the store I couldn't imagine they would have been much cheaper.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo. and you don't cry when the finish gets scratched....it's already ugly, but daamn if it don't go bang every time and hit what you aim at.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Glock 19 is ALWAYS the answer!!

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#47]
When did selling six a day become a run?
Go back to bed OP.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

For a couple of months I had been trying to decide between a Sig P229 and CZ compact (or clone) (nothing against glock, I just prefer a hammer) but when I checked out mag prices at my LGS, hol-eee shit that made that decision easier.

I am not saying that I couldn't have found them a couple dollars cheaper online maybe...but if they were asking $55 bucks for Sig mags in the store I couldn't imagine they would have been much cheaper.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of guys that I know with Sigs buy Mec Gar mags for their extras. They have a good reputation at a better price.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#49]
This thread is making me want to buy another 19…  (Gen 2 owner here)
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#50]
A stock Glock is reliable enough, accurate enough, durable enough, and reasonably priced for it's intended purpose.  It is pretty easy to re-purpose them into match guns, or hunting guns too.  Plenty of after market items are available.  These are only some of the reasons Glocks are so popular...in short, they work.   I'll admit that they have zero personality, but they aren't purchased for their personality, they are purchased because they do what their maker intended them to do.

My guess is that if you took 5 randomly selected Glock 19's, and 5 similarly selected pistols made by a competitor with a similar price point (say within $25-50), and fire 1000 to 5000 rounds through each pistol, the Glocks would run longer before failure, with less malfunctions during the testing.  

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like 1911's, but I'm enough of a realist to admit to Glock's benefits.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top