Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/18/2014 8:44:34 PM EDT
I thought it was a very good movie and wife thought it was boring. So what did everyone else who has seen it think of it? I totally get the comments about it being too unbelievable and especially near the end when Brad is on the 50cal but I still thought it was an interesting look into WWII battle from the perspective of a regular soldier.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics of wife watching movie
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It was very believable, as far as the .50 there's precedent of it happening in real life...
Fury is basically a lot of individual instances of what could happen over the course of 3-4 years of war in  large group condenced and consolidated to one crew and 2 hours.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
just got back wife loved it I thought it was pretty good
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife and I saw it today. We both enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just got back wife loved it I thought it was pretty good
View Quote

Awesome review!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoyed it with several friends (some former tankers). Very well done. The action is brutal and very realistic. 5 stars.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back. I think it takes things at a different level than Private Ryan and others, shows the really ugly side of war at times. Almost has an element from Das Boot, the concept of being trapped inside a metal coffin with nowhere to go and just having to grit your teeth and hope the next round doesn't have your name on it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to see I wasn't only one who liked it. The violence was appropriate to me but wife didn't like the Gore. It reminded me how grateful we should be for our soldiers past and present.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Watched this also today, it was entertaining for me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Just got back.

I'll be buying the Blueray one day.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#12]
The wife was out of town so I decided to catch the late movie last night by myself. I thought it was a great movie. It showed how war can turn a boy into a man.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know if I can watch that one. Shia Lefruit seems to ruin the movies he is in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I don't know if I can watch that one. Shia Lefruit seems to ruin the movies he is in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

He didn't ruin this one. Just got back. I thought it was a great flick. Too bad the Eurotrash next to me decided to MST3000 in Euro-Spanglish through the whole fucking movie.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

He did a very good job in Fury actually.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:40:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I really liked it.  Showed the simultaneous ugliness and humanity of war.  The george lucas-esque special effects tracer fire didn't work for me, but that by no means detracted from the movie itself.  It'll go down as one of the best war movies of all time.    
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I really liked it.  Showed the simultaneous ugliness and humanity of war.  The george lucas-esque special effects tracer fire didn't work for me, but that by no means detracted from the movie itself.  It'll go down as one of the best war movies of all time.    
View Quote
It wasn't 100%...    but it was pretty legit.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Liked it even if the wrong dude lived
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I am no fan and hardly recognized him. I liked the movie except for one part very near the end involving an SS soldier committing a very non typical act especially considering what had just occurred. Other than that, I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:02:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

He did good in this one.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Me the wife and my dad watched. Pretty intense overall felt kind of drained afterwards . The tank fight was the best part imo. Just overall great some nit picky things like everyone terrible teeth that was annoying and not accurate. Where was eastwoods son I didn't seem to receive him.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:13:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He did good in this one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did good in this one.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:16:56 AM EDT
[#24]
What revolver was Pitt using?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:18:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Saw it tonight.  Good movie, would pay to watch again.

You'd think they would grab the ammo before the final battle but that was my only wtf moment.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:21:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

What revolver was Pitt using?
View Quote
Looked a bit like a 1917 with custom grips, I really need to see the movie again

ETA-NAILED IT

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Good movie, actually very good.  The wife and I saw it yesterday. Wife made a comment to me as we were leaving the movies, said she needed a strong drink to calm down after seeing the movie LOL The sound effect were chilling. Go see it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I enjoyed the movie. As a former Tanker, I cant imagine being outgunned like that.

My issue was pulling the charging handle on the ma deuce palm down, its a hollywood fuck up that their technical adviser should have caught.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It was very believable, as far as the .50 there's precedent of it happening in real life...
Fury is basically a lot of individual instances of what could happen over the course of 3-4 years of war in  large group condenced and consolidated to one crew and 2 hours.
View Quote
That would be Lt. Col O'Brian

With many
casualties and ammunition running
                          low, Lt. Col. O'Brien refused to leave the
front lines. Striding up and down the lines, he fired at the enemy with a
pistol
                          in each hand and his presence there bolstered
the spirits of the men, encouraged them in their fight and sustained
them in
                          their heroic stand. Even after he was
seriously wounded, Lt. Col. O'Brien refused to be evacuated and after
his pistol ammunition
                          was exhausted, he manned a .50 caliber
machinegun, mounted on a jeep, and continued firing. When last seen
alive he was standing
                          upright firing into the Jap hordes that were
then enveloping him. Some time later his body was found surrounded by
enemy he
                          had killed His valor was consistent with the
highest traditions of the service.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

With many casualties and ammunition running                           low, Lt. Col. O'Brien refused to leave the front lines. Striding up and down the lines, he fired at the enemy with a pistol                           in each hand and his presence there bolstered the spirits of the men, encouraged them in their fight and sustained them in                           their heroic stand. Even after he was seriously wounded, Lt. Col. O'Brien refused to be evacuated and after his pistol ammunition                           was exhausted, he manned a .50 caliber machinegun, mounted on a jeep, and continued firing. When last seen alive he was standing                           upright firing into the Jap hordes that were then enveloping him. Some time later his body was found surrounded by enemy he                           had killed His valor was consistent with the highest traditions of the service.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With many casualties and ammunition running                           low, Lt. Col. O'Brien refused to leave the front lines. Striding up and down the lines, he fired at the enemy with a pistol                           in each hand and his presence there bolstered the spirits of the men, encouraged them in their fight and sustained them in                           their heroic stand. Even after he was seriously wounded, Lt. Col. O'Brien refused to be evacuated and after his pistol ammunition                           was exhausted, he manned a .50 caliber machinegun, mounted on a jeep, and continued firing. When last seen alive he was standing                           upright firing into the Jap hordes that were then enveloping him. Some time later his body was found surrounded by enemy he                           had killed His valor was consistent with the highest traditions of the service.

Yeah kind of like Audie Murphy shooting a 50 cal on a shot up tank.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought it was a very good movie and wife thought it was boring. So what did everyone else who has seen it think of it? I totally get the comments about it being too unbelievable and especially near the end when Brad is on the 50cal but I still thought it was an interesting look into WWII battle from the perspective of a regular soldier.
View Quote

I don't find it as unbelievable as the fact they made it that far.... Every other guy marching with the SS had a Panzerfaust over their shoulder.

I loved the movie and will be buying it for my war movie collection. I would like to go see it again in the theater actually.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I don't find it as unbelievable as the fact they made it that far.... Every other guy marching with the SS had a Panzerfaust over their shoulder.

I loved the movie and will be buying it for my war movie collection. I would like to go see it again in the theater actually.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, they built over 6 million of them supposedly, and I'm imagining by 1945 there were not a lot of troops left to spread them around.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just got back. I think it takes things at a different level than Private Ryan and others, shows the really ugly side of war at times. Almost has an element from Das Boot, the concept of being trapped inside a metal coffin with nowhere to go and just having to grit your teeth and hope the next round doesn't have your name on it.
View Quote
yep. there were times where i was just almost overwhelmed with the scene. it takes war in a much more brutal way.....basically like the dude yelling momma on saving private ryan, but keeping that level of HOLY FUCK get me outta this mess for longer.

it took me a bit to process it all. shia lebouf (sp?) ain't no kid actor no more.

loved it. grabbed me more that SPR. SPR was damn good, but Fury was just so much grittier. tensions were high, even in the dining room scene. just wow. I WILL buy that when the DVD comes out.

Real War is hell.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess you don't believe Audie Murphy then either
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Major König, didn't expect that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#36]
GF and I enjoyed it, but she got a little lost during the Emma scenes. I had to explain all of that had a purpose in the movie.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not this one
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Too bad the Eurotrash next to me decided to MST3000 in Euro-Spanglish through the whole fucking movie.
View Quote

I find a well placed "SHUT THE FUCK UP" does a pretty good job of voicing your displeasure... It's obviously more appropriate in a movie without kids but last time I used it tactically in a slower scene, the people around the "Loud Talkers" clapped and quietly cheered. After the movie was over, the "Loud Talkers" quickly made hasty exit...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#39]
History buffs: did the SS actually do that to kids who refused to fight?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really liked his work in this movie.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I soooo wanted to hate him, but I too felt he acted well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I had to sit through 20 minutes of previews before the movie started.

The film kind of reminded me of GI Combat comic books.

Maybe it's because the guys go through a whole bunch of different scenarios in a really short time span.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now Coon-Ass couldn't die soon enough, or horribly enough for my liking.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, they built over 6 million of them supposedly, and I'm imagining by 1945 there were not a lot of troops left to spread them around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't mean it was unbelievable there were so many Panzerfausts. My point was that there were so many(Panzerfausts) at that crossroad in the movie, the tank would have been hit(multiple times) long before they(tank crew) ran out of ammo and Brad had to climb out to fire the .50.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I didn't mean it was unbelievable there were so many Panzerfausts. My point was that there were so many(Panzerfausts) at that crossroad in the movie, the tank would have been hit(multiple times) long before they(tank crew) ran out of ammo and Brad had to climb out to fire the .50.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

ohhhh  gotcha!  

Well, I agree.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#47]
went today and I liked it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm gonna go with a solid some would others wouldn't
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABSOLUTELY agreed on your last point!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top