User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dogs rule, cats drool
View Quote
Ironically, it seems just the opposite is true.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm assuming this article is like duffle blog. But if not, it's bullshit.

My cat gets pissed at us when we leave on vacation. When we get home he "yells" at us for hours and demands attention. He is genuinely affectionate towards us.

My Dog, however, will poop in the laundry room if we're gone for more than an hour. I'm not sure what that is.
View Quote

It's poop Jim.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Wrong.. My cat has thumbs and is a better friend than any dog

He is very affectionate, always there, doesn't chase cars, treats my furniture right, shits in a box and the lady's love him
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on the cat. I have cats that cant wait to see me, and cats that dont give a fuck. I knew a woman who could tell a cat to do pretty much anything including fetch what she wanted and it would do it without fail. It could even find things in the other room. slippers, sock, hosery, pens combs. I am not joking. It would also find people she wanted to talk to and try to herd them to her.

It is easy to see where the idea of witches and cats as their familiars came from. It was amazing.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Every morning this one is sitting on my nightstand before the alarm goes off, waiting until I get up so he can get in the shower with me.  Chill as hell all day, then bedtime he's curled up in a ball right next to my head (until he makes the nightstand transition).

Sometimes gf tries to move him away from me to get more space and he yells at herloud enough to wake me... Swear this cat is part dog.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#6]
My cat knows the sound of my vehicle and will follow me down the street to my house.  Comical to look up in the rearview mirror and see a cat following me.  He doesn't do it to any other vehicle in the neighborhood, and I have to watch carefully when I come home because he will get so excited that he will run out in front of my car.

When I park, he runs right up to my feet and flops over onto his back and rolls on the sidewalk.

And I know its not because of food, because he usually doesn't follow me into the house to get fed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know people here will disagree, but I've never seen a cat come when its name was called.

I've never seen a cat even react when its name was called.

Contrast that to the dumbest dog I've seen, and it's a world of difference.  

Cats are very good at training loyal humans, apparently.

View Quote

Mine does.  He had learned his name within a few days after we got him and comes when you call him (well, usually). What's more interesting, though is the cat knows the dogs name and the dog knows the cat's name.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oftentimes, I wake up and he's sleeping on me.
View Quote

Taken five minutes ago:

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So in different words, cats are members of the Democratic Party.
View Quote

I don't think so.  They're independent - unlike democrats - and they like to hunt and kill for fun.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I sit down to watch a movie, she jumps up on the couch and joins me.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=68827
View Quote

Geez you've got a big pussy. Geez you've got a big pussy.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mine does.  He had learned his name within a few days after we got him and comes when you call him (well, usually). What's more interesting, though is the cat knows the dogs name and the dog knows the cat's name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know people here will disagree, but I've never seen a cat come when its name was called.

Yep.  Mine's named "Buie".  Even when he's sleeping, if you say "Buie" or "Boo", his tail will flick.  Say anything else and there's no reaction.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't think so.  They're independent - unlike democrats - and they like to hunt and kill for fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So in different words, cats are members of the Democratic Party.

Heard somewhere that head cameras mounted on cats revealed they kill something like ten critters for every one they bring home as a tribute.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Probably another CDC wasted budget funded research project.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#14]
My mainecoon waits on me at the door, sleeps in the bed, cries when the door is shut, and actually reaches his arm up in the air to be be picked up. I call bullshit
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pretty decent read, made me glad I don't own cats.

This was the most alarming thing:

"When parasites found in cat litter infect humans, they seem to subtly change personality over time"

So the crazy cat lady wasn't always crazy?

"experiments have found that dogs demonstrate an attachment with their owner — compared to a stranger, the dogs become more disturbed when their owners leave, and interact with them more when they return.By contrast, Mills' cat experiments — which are still ongoing and haven't yet been published, but were featured in a BBC special last year — haven't come to the same conclusion. On the whole, the cats seem disinterested both when their owners depart and return."

Here is a pic of the parasite that drives the owners crazy

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/suLXiagq3ab8wWHOvCMfioujYXs=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2361010/1280px-Toxoplasma_gondii_tissue_cyst_in_mouse_brain.0.jpg

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/16/6982177/the-case-against-owning-cats
View Quote

That's a cool article.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Cat is a cat first only think for it self than its owner.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did you say that twice?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Predator...

Hawkins: Billy. Billy! The other day, I was going down on my girlfriend, I said to her, "Jeez you got a big pussy. Jeez you got a big pussy." She said, "Why did you say that twice?" I said, "I didn't."

[Billy stares blankly]

Hawkins: See, cuz of the echo.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#20]
My cat must be a dog in disguise. Playful, wants attention, greatful when fed, and loves being held. Very clean as well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Echo.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm a huge dog fan and I'm not much of a cat person.

My wife's family is big on cats and I have to say that they are an integral part of their family.

The cats are really affectionate.  They cuddle, hop around, play and even lick you like a dog will.  They also like to play with toys and will return them to you after they are thrown.

FWIW, I'm going to politely disagree with the Vet who wrote the article.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't have a problem with cats--however, there are good cat owners and bad cat owners.
Bad cat owners live in the city and let their cats roam at will.  I'm personally sick of cleaning cat shit from out of my flowerbeds because some cat owner decided that they didn't want to own a litterbox and preferred to simply let their cat out.  I don't let my dog out to roam and go wherever she chooses.

So to date one cat went away for good (given to animal control after I trapped it--the owners don't have a clue since they think it's perfectly acceptable to let their cat roam), and another has been targeted with the motion detecting sprinkler because the owner did the same.  That cat went to Animal Control for over a month until her owner saw it on FB and paid the fine.  Unfortunately, the fine didn't do much to deter her from continuing to let her cat roam.

People need to be more responsible for their pets.  A good cat owner has cats who never leave the warmth and protection of the house.  Indoor cats are healthier and live longer lives.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disagree here.

Had one that played fetch.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My cat follows me around like a puppy dog and sleeps right next to me all night.
View Quote

Same here.  I call her the 'puppy cat'.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the line from the movie, "ffolkes"?

Something like, "I like cats, AND I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE CATS!"

Good movie!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah.  They can be demanding assholes.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Probably true.  I've owned cats, goats, horses, and dogs

Dogs are very loyal but they don't catch mice very well.

But, cats I've had all were good mice catchers.
View Quote

Champion mousers, huh??

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My cat follows me around like a puppy dog and sleeps right next to me all night.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My cat gets pissed at us when we leave on vacation. When we get home he "yells" at us for hours and demands attention. He is genuinely affectionate towards us.

My Dog, however, will poop in the laundry room if we're gone for more than an hour. I'm not sure what that is.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Going to have to call bullshit on that one.

My cat is waiting by the door whenever I come home on a set schedule. If I take take too long getting the door open I can hear him mowing on the other side. And if not he is not there he comes down immediately to see me.

He is always hanging out with me. He is next to me on the couch right now.

He seems to really only like me though. He hides from most other people.

I'm sure some cats are very independent. But it is a lie to say they are all like that.

My cat was a rescue that was left outside when his family moved. He knows he has a pretty sweet life right now and is appreciative as fuck.

I will say it is a little freaky when I wake up and he is like an inch from my face staring at me haha
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here, my cat knows her name and will come when I call her and she knows the dogs' names and they know hers. Ironically enough she'll come to me whenever I tell her to but the Husky won't until I tell him why I want him to come here. The Doberman doesn't give a shit and thinks he's a lapdog anyhow so comes over as soon as I look at him.

I've had dogs my entire life, I just got a cat pretty much a year ago exactly, and I wasn't even planning on it, she showed up on my back porch one night, jumped on my lap and pretty much moved right in and every morning when I wake up she's either sleeping on the bed, or sleeping on me. The dogs do the same thing too but I usually notice when that much weight plops down in the middle of the night, she's more like a furry ninja at doing it.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I hate cats, they use my yard with small rocks as a fucking litter box. My dogs get cats fairly often and it is the end for the cat when they do. Best one was the cat that thought it could sit on the fence and antagonize the dogs until one jumped up and got it, it was tug of war after that.

I don't like cat people at all. Men that own cats make me think they take it up the ass as they are secretly a woman, women are the ones that love cats.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hate cats, they use my yard with small rocks as a fucking litter box. My dogs get cats fairly often and it is the end for the cat when they do. Best one was the cat that thought it could sit on the fence and antagonize the dogs until one jumped up and got it, it was tug of war after that.

I don't like cat people at all. Men that own cats make me think they take it up the ass as they are secretly a woman, women are the ones that love cats.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#35]
"On the whole, the cats seem disinterested both when their owners depart and return."

That's a load of crap. Our cats sleep on our bed and then hover around us like crazy in the morning when we wake up. When we leave they are on the front window sill watching us go every time. When they hear us drive up when we come home they run to the back sliding door to watch us, then by the time we make it in another door, they are down the stairs to greet us right by the door.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dogs rule, cats drool
View Quote

We can no longer be friends.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our three know their names. Mort, Creamsickle, and Xena will respond with a meow or at a minimum look at you when you say their name.

If I say, "Mort, want an egg?", he comes running from where he was. He loves raw eggs. He gets to lick the bowl if I'm making french toast or scrambled eggs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't like cat people at all
. Men that own cats make me think they take it up the ass as they are secretly a woman, women are the ones that love cats.
View Quote

Those cat people are really missing out. You sound like a great person to be around.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sound like a REAL man LOL

Is it your micropenis that makes you so insecure? No worries man, they have surgery for that now.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Mine too.

When I come home, he yells at me to pet him. He also sleeps mostly on stuff that smells like me. Oftentimes, I wake up and he's sleeping on me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too.

When I come home, he yells at me to pet him. He also sleeps mostly on stuff that smells like me. Oftentimes, I wake up and he's sleeping on me.

Same for ours. In fact, hubby's cat likes to sleep under the covers with him! You get what you put in, IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mine too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too.

He likes to be pet, and you're warm.  Doesn't mean that it actually cares about you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My oldest cat will come running when I jingle his leash.  He likes to go walk.  I can call him with his name and even stop his actions with a no, although the look he gets on his face tells me it really pisses him off.  I've walked him many times with the dog, and they just trot along together like the best of bros.

I have another cat who literally will run from two rooms away when I call her name.  Every time, no matter what, she'll run and hop up in your lap if you call her.

Honestly, I think cats show far more affection to humans than dogs do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Best one was the cat that thought it could sit on the fence and antagonize the dogs
View Quote

We had a cat in the neighborhood that would come tease our dogs through the front window.  One day I had enough enough of it and opened the front door.  After making it through all the yards up and down the neighborhood, the cat *did* manage to keep from being caught by my dogs.

But it certainly never came around to tease the dogs any more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's not its discussing the work and research of Dr Daniel Mills a renown veterinary behavioral medicine specialist. Here is a link if you want to read about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Mills_%28biologist%29

He is the real deal.

I have owned dogs for many many many years if your dog is pooping in your house he is not house trained and needs to be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not its discussing the work and research of Dr Daniel Mills a renown veterinary behavioral medicine specialist. Here is a link if you want to read about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Mills_%28biologist%29

He is the real deal.

I have owned dogs for many many many years if your dog is pooping in your house he is not house trained and needs to be.

Seriously, that is one of the most half-assed wiki articles for a supposedly prominent researcher in any scientific field I have ever seen.  I'm not saying he's not legit, but that link created the opposite impression of what you seem to have intended.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#49]

I bought that same mug for my wife,  and I love cats
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#50]
If you own cats, your house smells like cat piss to non cat people.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top