BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Police investigating bank robbery in Phoenix

PHOENIX - One suspect shot during an attempted bank robbery Wednesday in Phoenix has died, and a second suspect is in custody, authorities said.

Two armed suspects wearing masks entered the Desert Schools Credit Union near Cactus and Tatum around 3 p.m. and attempted to rob it, police said. A witness then opened fire on the suspects. It is not known if the suspects returned fire.
View Quote

Sounds like he was a participant and not just a plain old every day witness.  Darn.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh gee, why is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, ballsy but unwise.

Oh gee, why is that?

Because he ran the risk of getting killed by the robbers or the responding police.

Not to mention getting Zimmernan'd by the local media and various "community organizers".

And now he has to worry about retribution from the dead thug's homies, like the jeweler in LA, or our member here who shot a home invader in the face (I for get his name, his avatar is a green cartoon alien, iirc).
Didn't Joe Horn down in TX recieve a bunch of death threats?

Like I said, though, DAMN good shoot. He's the kind of guy I'd like as a neighbor.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Someone stole your dream?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/police-investigating-bank-robbery-in-phoenix

Sounds like a business owner next door ambushed them wanting to play cop.

I wouldn't take the pay cut but a couple of MRAPs and full auto goodies would be awesome even though it irks a lot of folks that cops can have them but civvies don't

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump.

Any updates?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Bump.

Any updates?
View Quote
Bank robber is still dead.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I wouldn't take the pay cut but a couple of MRAPs and full auto goodies would be awesome even though it irks a lot of folks that cops can have them but civvies don't

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/police-investigating-bank-robbery-in-phoenix

Sounds like a business owner next door ambushed them wanting to play cop.

Cops are civvies and cannot personally own post '86 MGs.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, like SWAT uses personally owned machine guns.  I'd just check one out from the armory and keep one as a truck gun.

Shoot up cases of .223 bought by the local taxpayers

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Could you imagine? Robbing some bank - go out to the getaway car and someone's stolen the keys out of it? That'd be a real kick in the pants, wouldn't it?

Police are checking to see if it's related to an earlier robbery with similar method.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He took the keys out of the car because they left the car running. And so he took the keys out of the car and kind of, I guess, he stood behind it waiting for them (the suspects) to come out,"

Could you imagine? Robbing some bank - go out to the getaway car and someone's stolen the keys out of it? That'd be a real kick in the pants, wouldn't it?

Police are checking to see if it's related to an earlier robbery with similar method.

It would be funnier if they had gotten into a shoot out with a car thief, or if a car thief had just stole the car and drove off.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I know it's a derailment of sorts, but it's OP's fault...

I can't stop laughing at the fact that Cuomo's book has 585 negative reviews out of 585 total reviews. Maybe I just don't understand politics, but if I was literally despised and hated by everyone in my role as governor, I would strongly consider resignation...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Grand Theft and an Auto.
View Quote
BADUMP TISH!  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know it's a derailment of sorts, but it's OP's fault...

I can't stop laughing at the fact that Cuomo's book has 585 negative reviews out of 585 total reviews. Maybe I just don't understand politics, but if I was literally despised and hated by everyone in my role as governor, I would strongly consider resignation...
View Quote

He's sold less than 800 copies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Grand Theft and an Auto.
View Quote

They should charge his buddy for the theft of the ammunition his friend took.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top