Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#1]

"Howard said the pair parked their vehicle in front of the credit union and left it running while they went inside.

A woman outside of the credit union saw the car and notified employees at an adjacent jewelry store, according to Theresa Sesler, who said she witnessed the incident.

She said a man walked out of the jewelry store, took the keys out of the ignition of the car and waited for the pair to exit the credit union.

Sesler said she heard about eight gunshots"

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Howard said the pair parked their vehicle in front of the credit union and left it running while they went inside.

A woman outside of the credit union saw the car and notified employees at an adjacent jewelry store, according to Theresa Sesler, who said she witnessed the incident.

She said a man walked out of the jewelry store, took the keys out of the ignition of the car and waited for the pair to exit the credit union.

View Quote

Jewelry store owner, of a non chain store.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

See what happens when you only carry a 1911 and no reloads, one of the bad guys got away
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sesler said she heard about eight gunshots

See what happens when you only carry a 1911 and no reloads, one of the bad guys got away

ROST HARD
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Here in good ole' IL he would have been arrested for discharging a firearm inside a bank, scaring other people, thinking bad thoughts, shooting a future college student/aspiring rapper who was turning his life around, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah I'm a bit cynical about my state's .gov
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Read the reviews.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your link is fucked. Goes to Amazon.
To an Andrew Cuomo book no less.

Read the reviews.  

We need a new thread just for those. Hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think I like the direction this thread seems to be going.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Read the reviews.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your link is fucked. Goes to Amazon.
To an Andrew Cuomo book no less.

Read the reviews.  

FRNI! (First review nails it.)
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

WOHOOOO alot better then this monstrosety lol
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af75/jmosulli7/IMAG0340_zps3c10657c.jpg
View Quote
Wat

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Bet they did not see that one coming!

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Well done!

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ROST HARD
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sesler said she heard about eight gunshots

ROST HARD
As did I

Internets to that guy
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't believe no one has asked yet! What's his screen name!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/police-investigating-bank-robbery-in-phoenix

Sounds like a business owner next door ambushed them wanting to play cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/police-investigating-bank-robbery-in-phoenix

What's the matter puddin'?  Did that uppity citizen take matters into his own hands?
Don't worry, there will always be tickets to write.

Quoted:

"Welcome to the party, Pal."
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Good shoot. A business owner who's tired of scum taking advantage of good people.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Sucks to be those bank robbers. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What's the matter puddin'?  Did that uppity citizen take matters into his own hands?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

People forget that these assholes will kill cops in pursuit. GOOD SHOOT!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Good shoot !

Any pics of the dead/dying perps ?

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Humm.....a promise to show the suspect and...............

Never delivered.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Ha Ha, even cops need a hero.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ha Ha, even cops need a hero.
View Quote

Not to bust your bubble, but .
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Is AssaultRifler a cop, or are you assuming that?

BTW, here's the AZ statute:

13-411. Justification; use of force in crime prevention; applicability

A. A person is justified in threatening or using both physical force and deadly physical force against another if and to the extent the person reasonably believes that physical force or deadly physical force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's commission of arson of an occupied structure under section 13-1704, burglary in the second or first degree under section 13-1507 or 13-1508, kidnapping under section 13-1304, manslaughter under section 13-1103, second or first degree murder under section 13-1104 or 13-1105, sexual conduct with a minor under section 13-1405, sexual assault under section 13-1406, child molestation under section 13-1410, armed robbery under section 13-1904 or aggravated assault under section 13-1204, subsection A, paragraphs 1 and 2.

B. There is no duty to retreat before threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force justified by subsection A of this section.

C. A person is presumed to be acting reasonably for the purposes of this section if the person is acting to prevent what the person reasonably believes is the imminent or actual commission of any of the offenses listed in subsection A of this section.

D. This section includes the use or threatened use of physical force or deadly physical force in a person's home, residence, place of business, land the person owns or leases, conveyance of any kind, or any other place in this state where a person has a right to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A. A person is justified in threatening or using both physical force and deadly physical force against another if and to the extent the person reasonably believes that physical force or deadly physical force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's commission of arson of an occupied structure under section 13-1704, burglary in the second or first degree under section 13-1507 or 13-1508, kidnapping under section 13-1304, manslaughter under section 13-1103, second or first degree murder under section 13-1104 or 13-1105, sexual conduct with a minor under section 13-1405, sexual assault under section 13-1406, child molestation under section 13-1410, armed robbery under section 13-1904 or aggravated assault under section 13-1204, subsection A, paragraphs 1 and 2.

B. There is no duty to retreat before threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force justified by subsection A of this section.

C. A person is presumed to be acting reasonably for the purposes of this section if the person is acting to prevent what the person reasonably believes is the imminent or actual commission of any of the offenses listed in subsection A of this section.

D. This section includes the use or threatened use of physical force or deadly physical force in a person's home, residence, place of business, land the person owns or leases, conveyance of any kind, or any other place in this state where a person has a right to be.
If he was waiting for the perps outside, then the robbery had already happened.  The statute you cited (I like it by the way), says "prevent".  

I wonder how that distinction will play out in this case, and whether he will be covered by it?

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If he was waiting for the perps outside, then the robbery had already happened.  The statute you cited (I like it by the way), says "prevent".  

I wonder how that distinction will play out in this case, and whether he will be covered by it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He prevented its completion. Or attempted to. I call covered. Never mind the reasonable fear of when they are in the process of leaving they a)take a hostage b) run someone over, c) shoot at pedestrians in the area that get to close.

Sometimes the felony being prevented is not the felony being responded to.

So my question to you would be, prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the robbery was the only felony that would, or reasonably could have happened had no one confronted them

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Man wants to push his chips forward against some bad guys, who am I to judge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, ballsy but unwise.

Man wants to push his chips forward against some bad guys, who am I to judge?

I raise my glass to this adventurer.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#29]
awesome shoot
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#30]
A feel good story
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

He prevented its completion. Or attempted to. I call covered. Never mind the reasonable fear of when they are in the process of leaving they a)take a hostage b) run someone over, c) shoot at pedestrians in the area that get to close.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes the felony being prevented is not the felony being responded to.

So my question to you would be, prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the robbery was the only felony that would, or reasonably could have happened had no one confronted them

I like it!  I hope the D.A. and/or the Grand Jury agree with your thinking.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two armed men who just robbed a bank running at you while you sit by their car? I consider that justification enough.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I live about a mile or so from there,I was wondering why that chopper was hovering for a good hour and a half.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Does AZ law allow for the surviving perp to be charged for the death of his buddy?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does AZ law allow for the surviving perp to be charged for the death of his buddy?
View Quote

You bet.

To the poster asking about the CCW being potentially charged, I would doubt it.  I think he is also protected from civil suits but could be wrong on that.
The getaway is also part of the robbery and is a felony. Don't forget about the car-jacking that happened immediately after, you could argue that they weren't done committing felonies or endangering the public.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Two armed men who just robbed a bank running at you while you sit by their car? I consider that justification enough.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They weren't running after the business owner, the business owner was running at the perps.  You can't put yourself in harm's way then claim you couldn't retreat.

Good shoot, legally a bit gutsy.  It's not self defense, it's self offense.  I don't see criminal liability coming from the shoot but civil liability could follow.  Not worth it, let the cops face the legal liabilities.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

They weren't running after the business owner, the business owner was running at the perps.  You can't put yourself in harm's way then claim you couldn't retreat.

Good shoot, legally a bit gutsy.  It's not self defense, it's self offense.  I don't see criminal liability coming from the shoot but civil liability could follow.  Not worth it, let the cops face the legal liabilities.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a perfect world, any lawyer that would represent these bank robbers and help bring suit against this hero... would hang from a tree along with their client.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure sounds like he prevented the "actual commission" of a crime to me. I'm sure that getting away was part of the plan. They weren't going to stop and hand the money back once they got through the door.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what state you're from, but it's certainly not AZ.  Duty to retreat?  What the hell is that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His defense isn't self defense. It's that they were committing a certain class of violent felony when he shot them. Case closed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#42]
I seriously want to drop a Cabelas giftcard off at his store to replace his ammo.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You bet.

To the poster asking about the CCW being potentially charged, I would doubt it.  I think he is also protected from civil suits but could be wrong on that.
The getaway is also part of the robbery and is a felony. Don't forget about the car-jacking that happened immediately after, you could argue that they weren't done committing felonies or endangering the public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You bet.

Damn glad to hear that.

One robber dead, and the other locked up for a few decades.

Now let's all hope the shooter gets no-billed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What else do you expect from someone who can't spell bravo?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
link

Link failure.
What else do you expect from someone who can't spell bravo?  

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ambushed them, huh.

Wanting to play cop, huh.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wow, ballsy but unwise.

View Quote

Oh gee, why is that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Not the way I would have done it, but I'm glad there was a happy ending.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't know what state you're from, but it's certainly not AZ.  Duty to retreat?  What the hell is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit. This IS  the Old West.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Georgia and many other states, if you are anywhere you have a legal right to be, you have no duty to retreat so enough of this crap.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone stole your dream?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top