BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Miroslav I have a question. I'm sure there are plenty who have hung on to their weapons but why do you think so many have given up their guns following the conflicts? Seems like following the war the UN started huge collection programs and a lot of folks gave up their guns. Why do you think that was? Fear of breaking the law?
View Quote

I think both the fear of braking the law (they were threatening people with some harsh punishments, even today, for illegal possession you can get up to 3 years in jail (as far as i know) and it scales up for munitions (harshly, like 1 year per box of ammo or something, they make individual assessments).
And there was a part of people who grew sick of war and military draft (a lot of people were forced to fight in the Bosnia war) so they wanted to do whatever they can to make it go away.

Oh, and that video is awesome, from our comedy show that got cancelled for poking the politicians too much. I can try transcribing the video later, if you are interested :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think both the fear of braking the law (they were threatening people with some harsh punishments, even today, for illegal possession you can get up to 3 years in jail (as far as i know) and it scales up for munitions (harshly, like 1 year per box of ammo or something, they make individual assessments).

And there was a part of people who grew sick of war and military draft (a lot of people were forced to fight in the Bosnia war) so they wanted to do whatever they can to make it go away.

Oh, and that video is awesome, from our comedy show that got cancelled for poking the politicians too much. I can try transcribing the video later, if you are interested :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Miroslav I have a question. I'm sure there are plenty who have hung on to their weapons but why do you think so many have given up their guns following the conflicts? Seems like following the war the UN started huge collection programs and a lot of folks gave up their guns. Why do you think that was? Fear of breaking the law?

I am.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Ok, lemme try:

-Sis, sis, sister. Vito, sis just woke up, bring the first aid kit
-Your sugar is gown, come on, take some of this soapy (slang for bacon with high fat content, white as soap)
-What is this?
-This is a regular flight of Chetnik Airlines. And for your information, I can proudly say that since yesterday, we became general sponsors of Man United
-Chetnik Airlines? What? Didn't I arrest every single one of you
(chetnik speaking to the other dude)
-Little godmother isn't really okay  (it's a word (kumo, kumice) used to signify that you like someone enough to consider them family))
-Her sugar is still low
(shouting)
-Brothers and sisters, Pomaze bog (chetnik greeting, may god help you would be a direct translation)
-God help you, Duke
-Peasants, how will you get to Europe being so greasy and dirty?
singing: What do you want Europe, you old hag, Come to Valjevo or we will f*ck you up, if you dare
(sits down)
-I am stunned by this savagery, who are you people
-Just a minute little godmother
(plays video)
-Welcome to one of 457 flights of Chetnik airlines. Our planes are flown by the best pilots. Founded 100 years ago on Ravna gora, joining 5 biggest companies in both Serbia and the World
-Congratulations, you are now our passenger
-And are you armed? If not, don't worry, Chetnik airlines will provide you with most modern infantry weapons. Use them in moments of celebration and urgent self-defense
-All passengers like brothers
-Did we already tell you that our planes are flown by the best pilots?
-Your safety is sacred to us. We have 3 layers of anti-terrorist defense
-Or Boeing 76472 :Major Djurisic" is the pride of our fleet
-Polite personnel, big smiles
-Our catering, unique with over 659 items and free baking soda
-From Kuala Lumpur to Ljig, from Shangai to Osecina
(closes laptop)
-Urgently get me the captain!
-As you wish, but right now it is not possible, fasten your seat belts, because regular procedure is starting, dont be afraid.
(priest)
-Beloved passengers, welcome to our regular flight to Chicago (flight to Chicago, flight to Chicago)
In the case of losing pressure in the cabin, first you put out your cigars. In the pocket on your seat is a copy of New Testament, find page 38 where it says "Oh dear Lord, take this plane into your gentle hands, carry it across the Atlantic and the peacefully land it to Airport O;Hara in Chicago (Airport Chicago chanting)
-Catering soon
-Flank, back or ribs. And for business class, pig legs (considered a delicacy with the older folks, if the pig is roasted)
-You peasant, I'm a vegan
-Ooooh, anti-globalist?
-No, a vegan!
-Give me that giba (short for gibanica, pastry/pie with cheese (sometimes meat))
-I don't want to/No/Yea/No...
-Call me the captain
-Duke! Now the duke is gonna f your mom
-STOP THIS AIRPLANE, I WANT OUT
(captain)
-May god help you passengers
-God help you too captain
-Sis, I've heard that you are nervous. Come on, take a swig of this Valjevka (rakia from the city of Valjevo), relax, its divine
-Idiot, peasant, trucker.
-Cmon, come to the truckers cabin with the trucker then
-Now, i will talk to all the media about this. Where is my PR?
-PR? That girl that was sitting next to you? She is marrying Vito Lastavica
(something incomprehensible)
(playing trumpets)
-Godmother, oh my lovely godmother
-You peasant girl, why did you betray me?
-I haven't betrayed you, this is the luckiest day of my life!
-Which day, you are marrying Vito Lastavica, a savage
-He's a legend, and dont talk like that, your husband is here
(music stops)
-Ognjen, what is this?
-Woman, remove my boots
-Are you insane?
-Haven't you heard him, remove dad's boots? Cant you hear me?
-I didn't marry you for me to take off your boots and clean them, you know? You ape
(oooooooooh)
(slap)
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, this deserves a separate post

Thanks to Tboy, I have just received a small taste of America in a package. I am really humbled by this gesture, the pack contents are amazing.
I have yet to taste all the candy and the jerky, and LaRue stuff is beyond awesome. Dillo, along with the famous Dillo dust, shirts and the Constitution... oh man.
And I've grown to love LaRue, I can't simply express how big of an impact on a stranger is the fact that a company is proud to be American, and to manufacture everything in their own country. We dont have that kind of patriotism here, sadly :(
Again, huge tanks to Tboy, I hope I will be able to repay him someday
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok, lemme try:

-Your sugar is gown, come on, take some of this soapy (slang for bacon with high fat content, white as soap)

-What is this?

-This is a regular flight of Chetnik Airlines. And for your information, I can proudly say that since yesterday, we became general sponsors of Man United

-Little godmother isn't really okay  (it's a word (kumo, kumice) used to signify that you like someone enough to consider them family))

-Her sugar is still low

(shouting)

-Brothers and sisters, Pomaze bog (chetnik greeting, may god help you would be a direct translation)

-God help you, Duke

singing: What do you want Europe, you old hag, Come to Valjevo or we will f*ck you up, if you dare

(sits down)

(plays video)

-Welcome to one of 457 flights of Chetnik airlines. Our planes are flown by the best pilots. Founded 100 years ago on Ravna gora, joining 5 biggest companies in both Serbia and the World

-And are you armed? If not, don't worry, Chetnik airlines will provide you with most modern infantry weapons. Use them in moments of celebration and urgent self-defense

(closes laptop)

-As you wish, but right now it is not possible, fasten your seat belts, because regular procedure is starting, dont be afraid.

(priest)

-Beloved passengers, welcome to our regular flight to Chicago (flight to Chicago, flight to Chicago)

In the case of losing pressure in the cabin, first you put out your cigars. In the pocket on your seat is a copy of New Testament, find page 38 where it says "Oh dear Lord, take this plane into your gentle hands, carry it across the Atlantic and the peacefully land it to Airport O;Hara in Chicago (Airport Chicago chanting)

-Catering soon

-Flank, back or ribs. And for business class, pig legs (considered a delicacy with the older folks, if the pig is roasted)

-Ooooh, anti-globalist?

-No, a vegan!

-Give me that giba (short for gibanica, pastry/pie with cheese (sometimes meat))

-Call me the captain

(captain)

-Sis, I've heard that you are nervous. Come on, take a swig of this Valjevka (rakia from the city of Valjevo), relax, its divine

(playing trumpets)

(music stops)

-Ognjen, what is this?

-Woman, remove my boots

-Are you insane?

-I didn't marry you for me to take off your boots and clean them, you know? You ape

(oooooooooh)

(slap)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok, lemme try:

-What is this?

-Her sugar is still low

(shouting)

-God help you, Duke

(sits down)

(plays video)

(closes laptop)

(priest)

-Catering soon

-Ooooh, anti-globalist?

-No, a vegan!

-Call me the captain

(captain)

(playing trumpets)

(music stops)

-Ognjen, what is this?

-Woman, remove my boots

-Are you insane?

(oooooooooh)

(slap)

-Ooooh, anti-globalist?

-No, a vegan!

I laughed at that part
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10941044_10205938755213800_3705377300444551054_n.jpg?oh=b9291670f8c790ce33d4e5e0d7ed7e79&oe=55535006&__gda__=1432818041_8a3697b27c30ed8d64431a588714809e

Thanks to Tboy, I have just received a small taste of America in a package. I am really humbled by this gesture, the pack contents are amazing.

I have yet to taste all the candy and the jerky, and LaRue stuff is beyond awesome. Dillo, along with the famous Dillo dust, shirts and the Constitution... oh man.

And I've grown to love LaRue, I can't simply express how big of an impact on a stranger is the fact that a company is proud to be American, and to manufacture everything in their own country. We dont have that kind of patriotism here, sadly :(

View Quote

Well crap now I gotta come up with some other stuff!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you like electronic music at all?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, i like it. Old school techno/dnb mostly

Not sure if we can embed vimeo
http://vimeo.com/83972318

Oh, I also love these guys
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10941044_10205938755213800_3705377300444551054_n.jpg?oh=b9291670f8c790ce33d4e5e0d7ed7e79&oe=55535006&__gda__=1432818041_8a3697b27c30ed8d64431a588714809e

View Quote

Glad it finally arrived.  

Now you're going to have to post reviews of this American food - I hope the twinkies are not too underwhelming for you.  Ever try moon pies?

You're going to have to ask for a good recipe for the Dillo Dust.  You'll get bonus points if you tag a Serbian military vehicle with one of LaRue's stickers (pics required as proof).
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I was laughing at how Red Bull always seems to show up in your SBOTD pics, and then in researching energy drinks for a Science class I'm currently taking, I found out Red Bull was originally created in Austria, which is right around the corner from you.  So I guess it's more funny that we have Red Bull over here, than it is that you have it there.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was laughing at how Red Bull always seems to show up in your SBOTD pics, and then in researching energy drinks for a Science class I'm currently taking, I found out Red Bull was originally created in Austria, which is right around the corner from you.  So I guess it's more funny that we have Red Bull over here, than it is that you have it there.

View Quote

They're based out of Salzburg.

It's a lot cheaper out this way too, I think a can sells in Austria for a Euro - which is now maybe $1.13 - and that's with tax included.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Glad it finally arrived.  

Now you're going to have to post reviews of this American food - I hope the twinkies are not too underwhelming for you.  Ever try moon pies?

You're going to have to ask for a good recipe for the Dillo Dust.  You'll get bonus points if you tag a Serbian military vehicle with one of LaRue's stickers (pics required as proof).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Glad it finally arrived.  

Never tried moon pies, but after googling, they look similar to some of our candy (not sure about the taste)

Ok, reviews for the stuff I've tried:
Twinkies: Hmm.. Honestly, a bit underwhelming (I tried one right after i opened the package) but after refrigerating, it's a different story, they are light yet sweet and creamy, really nice.
Snickers: We have those here for a while, but US made taste better, I can't pinpoint why (and the packaging feels different, a bit thicker)
Reese's Pieces: This is THE STUFF. Salty aftertaste of PB compliments the chocolate in a beautiful way. Gf loved them the most.
And I hate you for the jerky you've sent.
After I opened the package, the smell was kind of weird. Taste was... confusing. Beef is similar to our Prsuta, but the spices bring a whole new layer of spicy/sweet aroma (Prsuta is pretty salty, nothing else is ever added). I ate a piece, and the sweetness really tasted strange.
And now I got home and tried a few pieces again and OH MAN, this is some addictive stuff. I plan to skip breakfast tomorrow for this. It's like heroin

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a lot cheaper out this way too, I think a can sells in Austria for a Euro - which is now maybe $1.13 - and that's with tax included.

Yeah, they are big on the clubbing scene here (lots of promoters, and vodka-red bull is really popular) but outside of clubs, not that many people buy Red Bull, mostly due to the price. Around 2$ here for a 250ml can, while some domestic energy drinks (Booster, Guarana, Ultra Energy) can be bought at around 1/3 of the price. Even monster energy that is considered expensive is priced close to the Red Bull, with the can twice the size
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never tried moon pies, but after googling, they look similar to some of our candy (not sure about the taste)

Twinkies: Hmm.. Honestly, a bit underwhelming (I tried one right after i opened the package) but after refrigerating, it's a different story, they are light yet sweet and creamy, really nice.
Snickers: We have those here for a while, but US made taste better, I can't pinpoint why (and the packaging feels different, a bit thicker)
Reese's Pieces: This is THE STUFF. Salty aftertaste of PB compliments the chocolate in a beautiful way. Gf loved them the most.
After I opened the package, the smell was kind of weird. Taste was... confusing. Beef is similar to our Prsuta, but the spices bring a whole new layer of spicy/sweet aroma (Prsuta is pretty salty, nothing else is ever added). I ate a piece, and the sweetness really tasted strange.
And now I got home and tried a few pieces again and OH MAN, this is some addictive stuff. I plan to skip breakfast tomorrow for this. It's like heroin

Yeah, they are big on the clubbing scene here (lots of promoters, and vodka-red bull is really popular) but outside of clubs, not that many people buy Red Bull, mostly due to the price. Around 2$ here for a 250ml can, while some domestic energy drinks (Booster, Guarana, Ultra Energy) can be bought at around 1/3 of the price. Even monster energy that is considered expensive is priced close to the Red Bull, with the can twice the size
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad it finally arrived.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

Those prices sound closer to the States...

I'll need to check the price again at the grocery store.  I never buy the stuff anymore.  I sure don't think it was anywhere near 2 Euro, though.

2 dollars is pretty normal in the States - and far more at convenience stores.

Fuck.  That.

We have this now.  All hail Kraft.

And yes, good Beef Jerky is like heroin.  Both will seize your heart up, too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad it finally arrived.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent you the basic jerky that can be found at major retail chains but there are so many types of jerky here with different meats and flavors (especially hot).  Think Elk, Buffalo, Deer, Turky, and other meats which can get pretty expensive but are great to take on road trips or hiking.

The Reeces peanut butter cups are great combination with the milk chocolate (they do make dark chocolate cups also).  Tried the chewy Sweet Tarts or Pop Rocks candy yet?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I sent you the basic jerky that can be found at major retail chains but there are so many types of jerky here with different meats and flavors (especially hot).  Think Elk, Buffalo, Deer, Turky, and other meats which can get pretty expensive but are great to take on road trips or hiking.

The Reeces peanut butter cups are great combination with the milk chocolate (they do make dark chocolate cups also).  Tried the chewy Sweet Tarts or Pop Rocks candy yet?

View Quote

Pop rocks are awesome, just opened one pack :O. I've tried these maybe 20 years ago, my dad went to Hungary to get food for the family (due to the embargo, stores were empty or far overpriced)- bribing the police was a must on the border. I remember him saying that a 6 pound jar of pickles in Hungary was cheaper than an empty jar of the same size in Serbia. Brings back some memories.
Sweet tarts will be saved, going to open them up next week or something with the gf.

I must look into making beef jerky, since obtaining more here will be kinda hard (I have a buddy studying in Vienna, and they have shops with some American merchandise, but the prices are really high (If i remember, 3-5 euros for a small can of MT dew)

Oh, and for the tagging of something military with the sticker, I will try to seek out a tank in the next few months, truck/jeeps are too easy :D
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#16]
BOTD time

Ok, on the next one, ignore that thing above her neck

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Is the reporter correct on this?

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Also how much of the damage is still left from the bombings in 99? Seems like when a building just falls into disrepair they build new around it? Some of the newer tourist films show bomb damage to old buildings that look like they were just abandoned?

Left the video link but no preview due to the graphic image.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/x5i0HsOf_kM

View Quote

These guys are... something like KKK rednecks of today. Not really relevant, not doing anything special, but they are in teh news every now and then. Those are the people that want monarchy back (even if the "royal" family today barely speaks Serbian (seriously, I've seen football players coming from Ghana speak better Serbian after one year here)), and they think that Russia is everything, that they love us as much as we love them, and that they will provide us with jobs and everything else we need.
And also, due to no education/opportunities to earn a proper paycheck, they become mercenaries, hounds of war. It is known here that fighting in Ukraine pays 3-4k euros per month

As for the other part (watched just a bits of the video), they started cleaning up. There are still some ruined buildings downtown, but last year they started the demolishing, they are planning to rebuild some of them (the ones that were on good locations downtown).

Funny thing, in the village where my grandpa was born (we have a few wooden shacks there), cruise missile plowed into neighbor's corn, maybe 100m from our house, and it was never taken out (government agency came to examine the crater, but never took it our) so the neighbor just buried it and he plows around it :D
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:54:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

These guys are... something like KKK rednecks of today. Not really relevant, not doing anything special, but they are in teh news every now and then. Those are the people that want monarchy back (even if the "royal" family today barely speaks Serbian (seriously, I've seen football players coming from Ghana speak better Serbian after one year here)), and they think that Russia is everything, that they love us as much as we love them, and that they will provide us with jobs and everything else we need.

And also, due to no education/opportunities to earn a proper paycheck, they become mercenaries, hounds of war. It is known here that fighting in Ukraine pays 3-4k euros per month

As for the other part (watched just a bits of the video), they started cleaning up. There are still some ruined buildings downtown, but last year they started the demolishing, they are planning to rebuild some of them (the ones that were on good locations downtown).

Funny thing, in the village where my grandpa was born (we have a few wooden shacks there), cruise missile plowed into neighbor's corn, maybe 100m from our house, and it was never taken out (government agency came to examine the crater, but never took it our) so the neighbor just buried it and he plows around it :D
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/x5i0HsOf_kM

A lot of the weapons used had expired(Duds) if you can believe that.....A lot of them were used up to make way for new stuff.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#21]
So, now that Serbian hawtness has been thoroughly established, how do most of those ladies rate in terms of personality and quantity of the crazy?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:A lot of the weapons used had expired(Duds) if you can believe that.....A lot of them were used up to make way for new stuff.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:A lot of the weapons used had expired(Duds) if you can believe that.....A lot of them were used up to make way for new stuff.  

Yup, and we were test site for some weapons (BLU-114) and who knows what else (radiation lever on some bombsites are still off the hook, despite NATO never claiming to use anything radioactive on us except for DU penetrators on A10s.

Quoted:
So, now that Serbian hawtness has been thoroughly established, how do most of those ladies rate in terms of personality and quantity of the crazy?

Surprisingly low level of crazy, from my experience. Young single moms are pretty rare here, due to "traditional" parents (real traditional stuff, like forcing the guy to marry the pregnant girl). Also, false-rape is rare (and 14+ is legal i think, so no jailbait).
Also, due to traditional upbringing, girls often expect guys to pick up the tab for both, so that can be a nuisance.
As for personality... it varies, like everywhere else.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yup, and we were test site for some weapons (BLU-114) and who knows what else (radiation lever on some bombsites are still off the hook, despite NATO never claiming to use anything radioactive on us except for DU penetrators on A10s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah if you believe that I have some beachfront property in Montana I'd like to sell you. I have no doubt they used radiated weapons
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Friends tested it, we were looking at some bases abandoned after the bombardment, they took Geiger counters to check out. Not massive levels, but a quite higher than normal. This is not something I've read in the newspapers during Milosevic's propaganda rule.

Not saying that they used it on massive scale, or that it was tac-nuke level stuff, but radiation is there
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Friends tested it, we were looking at some bases abandoned after the bombardment, they took Geiger counters to check out. Not massive levels, but a quite higher than normal. This is not something I've read in the newspapers during Milosevic's propaganda rule.
View Quote
I hope you didn't misread what I responded with I meant I believe those statements. With how many civilian targets were hit on "Accident" I'd be willing to believe they used irradiated weapons.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW, made a point to pay more attention at the grocery store yesterday.  A 250ml Red Bull is 1.49 Euros.

Also, some of the Serbs here gave me some swag, including some "Zlatna Biserka."  Is this any good?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope you didn't misread what I responded with I meant I believe those statements. With how many civilian targets were hit on "Accident" I'd be willing to believe they used irradiated weapons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, sorry, I misunderstood maybe (being non-native etc). Beachfront property doesn't exist in Montana, so if you offer me that for sale, it means that you consider me easy to fool? That was my take on the phrase
Yeah, and that hit on the Chinese embassy was quite an... "accident"

Quoted:
FWIW, made a point to pay more attention at the grocery store yesterday.  A 250ml Red Bull is 1.49 Euros.

Also, some of the Serbs here gave me some swag, including some "Zlatna Biserka."  Is this any good?

Ooh, Zlatna Biserka is made close to my hometown, awesome stuff, 10 years old AFAIK
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Trooper1911Yeah, and that hit on the Chinese embassy was quite an... "accident"

:

View Quote

Was just going to post that.  What were the Serbs' take on this errant missile?

So, are you a fan of Sweet Tarts?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Haha..."sweet". I was cringing at the first taste with that...zest(?), but they are awesome once you get used to them. Still, if i have to choose, Reese's pieces take the price as the candy that will be missed the most :D (gf finished the last of those today ).

As for the Chinese embassy thing... It's cloudy. Lack of harsher Chinese response mean that something isn't right (so there are stories about how Chinese were trying to smuggle Slobodan out of Serbia, how he was supposed to come over for a diplomatic dinner that very day, how they negotiated with them in order to get more AA systems, how some of his intel people were working from there)... We might never know. Shady business
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#31]
A bump

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Ty for the nice posts saigaman, always nice to see stuff like that.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Bump for your timezones. 5:51am atm here, 2 exams on friday....sleep is for the weak
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Random EDC snap (if anyone was interested)
I rotate knives, big one is Boker knockoff (I presume), can't ID the small one (got both used, at a flea market). Watch is Casio Lineage Titanium, dad stopped wearing it so he gave it to me. Light is from a random website lucky draw, 1x18650. Multitool is random, Schumacher & Blumel GbR engraving. Multitool and flashlight go with me if I wear a backpack.
Also, missing from the pic are phone, wallet, keys and old kindle 4.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Böker, nice. I EDC one as well. If you ever need one let me know, I get factory pricing through a German friend of mine here.

Edit: Your Schumacher & Blumel multi tool knockoff. The company is here in Germany and sells construction supplies. The thing is most likely a promotional gift that is given to customers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Yup, both are knockoffs (of decent quality, to be honest), not sure about the small blue knife
You can rarely buy nice stuff here (saw some bear gryllls gerbers in some shops for ~80 euros), so even if you can afford stuff, it's complicated. Guy I know ordered M9 bayonet online, and it got seized by the customs, since you can only import a knife that's "utilitarian", no knives that look like a "real weapon"... Dumb ass laws
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:48:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yup, both are knockoffs (of decent quality, to be honest), not sure about the small blue knife
You can rarely buy nice stuff here (saw some bear gryllls gerbers in some shops for ~80 euros), so even if you can afford stuff, it's complicated. Guy I know ordered M9 bayonet online, and it got seized by the customs, since you can only import a knife that's "utilitarian", no knives that look like a "real weapon"... Dumb ass laws
View Quote

If you need something I'm gonna label it "Volkswagen spare parts"....
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Haha, everyone needs spare VW brake pads ;)

but yeah, our customs can act like inquisition sometimes, friend had to report to police for buying airsoft BBs "because they had picture of a soldier on the package"...
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Haha, everyone needs spare VW brake pads ;)

but yeah, our customs can act like inquisition sometimes, friend had to report to police for buying airsoft BBs "because they had picture of a soldier on the package"...
View Quote

Sweet baby Jeebus.... And I thought the Nazi Kraut GestaPo Customs here was bad.... LOL

I can always slip a nice Böker folder between a set of Golf III front brake pads bro.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#40]

(colors are screwed up a bit)
Breakfast from this morning
10.5 ounces of meat filled with ham, bacon and cheddar, home made bun, cabbage, pickles, mayo, tartar sauce and urnebes. All of that, for a bit under 3$
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10961841_10206000113507719_159098852_n.jpg?oh=7028230a4c8a10678d9a374309200588&oe=54D6B299&__gda__=1423354797_c15460481f7dc8272227c2465232a279

(colors are screwed up a bit)

Breakfast from this morning

10.5 ounces of meat filled with ham, bacon and cheddar, home made bun, cabbage, pickles, mayo, tartar sauce and urnebes. All of that, for a bit under 3$
View Quote

I have no idea what unebes is, but all the rest of that sounds awesome!  

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#42]
It's a type of...salad i guess, made out of cheese/creme with some ground dried peppers, salt and other spices. adds a bit of heat into the mix
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It's a type of...salad i guess, made out of cheese/creme with some ground dried peppers, salt and other spices. adds a bit of heat into the mix
View Quote

Sounds pretty damn tasty!

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a strange obsession with east euro gangster rap.  Do you have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
The thing is, you pick your own additions to the burger. You pay for meat and the bun. Some choices are
Ketchup, mustard, sour cream, cabbage, salad, onions, mayo, tartar sauce, mushroom sauce, sesame salad, paprika, dried milled paprika, pickles, tomato, hot peppers, additional cheese, fermented peppers,.... I will add more stuff if i remember
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have a strange obsession with east euro gangster rap.  Do you have any suggestions?
View Quote

Hmm.. Not sure about the gangster part, but here are some good rappers

This last one is probably the thing you are looking for, but these things are really trashy, even here
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Karadordeva šnicla - This steak is sometimes called jokingly “maidens’ dream” (devojacki san), because of its shape.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Snip, wrong topic
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#49]
BOTD update

On that last photo... elbows are a bit pointy, eh?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Sandra Bartender  Yowsa!
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top