BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just because the bugs are aware of their ability and special nature, doesn't necessarily mean they know how it happened, does it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sooo both times when Blunt & Curz killed the bugs and got blood on them the bugs really mess up because they knew what was going down?

Just because the bugs are aware of their ability and special nature, doesn't necessarily mean they know how it happened, does it?

My guess Curz & Blunt only had partial abilities because of limited airborne exposure.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

you smoking crack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was better than Guardians of the Galaxy, which while entertaining, was sci-fi fluff and not worth a second watch.

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  

you smoking crack.

you'd better put me on the crack also.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

you smoking crack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was better than Guardians of the Galaxy, which while entertaining, was sci-fi fluff and not worth a second watch.

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  

you smoking crack.

Oh, hell no.  I don't get what the GotG fanboys are seeing in that movie.  It was good, sure.  Better than other movies out recently?  lol, no.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  

you smoking crack.

Me too
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I think both movies are worth repeated viewings.
So there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks for the images - I had just wrote it off as homage to Final Fantasy.  The image though points to it being something put together (many times), from parts - plumbing fittings and a rotor blade.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It was ok. I would not got so far as to call it "Effing Awesome" though. Definitely worth watching though.
View Quote

You're gay if you don't think Emily was totally hawt!!!

Nick
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think both movies are worth repeated viewings.

So there.
View Quote

This.

I already have the bluray of EoT, and will be getting Guardians when it comes out as well.

Spring this year was awesome for movies.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Just watched it, Not a bad flick, but once again, Tom Cruise plays, well, Tom Cruise.

It always bothers me to see actors playing military men in movies with long hair. Damn, is it that hard to get it right????

View Quote

I thought Tom Cruise did well.

One guy I can't watch in movies anymore though is Tom Hanks. He was my favorite actor, but now it's to the point where I don't see him playing as a character anymore, I just see him as Tom Hanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

When is the extended version coming out?

Really liked the movie and I want more.
View Quote

What?????? There is an extended version? God damnit, I just bough the Bluray on amazon.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
The exosuits were awesome, but in the end, totally pointless...
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]

I saw it both in 3D and non 3D.

It wasn't shot in native 3D, it was post production.

I could take it or leave it.

Great film though, criminal on how badly it did at the box office.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  
View Quote

Wrong. Edge of Tomorrow was awesome, but Guardians of the Galaxy is still the best of the year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
finally caught it last week, and i regret not seeing it on the big screen--really enjoyed it.  what was even more impressive was that there were so many ways for it to have gone wrong.  

best action movie i've seen since the original avengers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What?????? There is an extended version? God damnit, I just bough the Bluray on amazon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When is the extended version coming out?

Really liked the movie and I want more.

Not that I know of. I think they're just assuming one will be released.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I would really like to see a prequel with Rita becoming "The Angel of Verdun". There is a lot of backstory that she also hints to.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#17]
guardians is a bit overrated. Good, but not amazing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]

After reading "All You need is Kill", I wish they painted Rita's armor all red, instead of just those stripes.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That was merely the mechanics of the movie. The real story was in the character transformation, in how he reclaimed bravery and dignity. The world was literally saved by the power of love to change men for the better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It reminded me of a video game.  Play, die, reset...

It is exactly like a video game. A movie for the gamer generation. You start out a newb. You die quickly over and over again. You remember the patterns, you learn the cheats.

That was merely the mechanics of the movie. The real story was in the character transformation, in how he reclaimed bravery and dignity. The world was literally saved by the power of love to change men for the better.

Deep stuff right there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Deep stuff right there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is exactly like a video game. A movie for the gamer generation. You start out a newb. You die quickly over and over again. You remember the patterns, you learn the cheats.

Deep stuff right there.
Which is funny... because apparently the book had a very different ending...

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#21]
"What the hell were you thinking?"
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would really like to see a prequel with Rita becoming "The Angel of Verdun". There is a lot of backstory that she also hints to.
View Quote

The aliens let her win, remember?  Like all women she was faking it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deep stuff right there.

Whether intentional or not, I guess they rolled with another of the classics. I think you could view major Cage as a Christ figure - he sacrifices himself to save the world, dies and is reborn, and there's the power of the Omega's blood to wipe the slate clean (just like the power of blood of Jesus [the Alpha and the Omega] to wipe out sin). Purely my interpretation
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Just watched it a few nights ago, it was fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Whether intentional or not, I guess they rolled with another of the classics. I think you could view major Cage as a Christ figure - he sacrifices himself to save the world, dies and is reborn, and there's the power of the Omega's blood to wipe the slate clean (just like the power of blood of Jesus [the Alpha and the Omega] to wipe out sin). Purely my interpretation
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Deep stuff right there.

Yea... book ends better.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

[Cage pours Rita some coffee]
Rita: I can't believe you found coffee.
[he hands the mug to her]
Rita: Thank you.
Cage: Oh. Sugar, right?
[he goes to get her some sugar from his bag]
Rita: Yeah.
[he puts sugar in her coffee]
Rita: Thank you.
Cage: Hold on, three. You like three.
[Rita looks at Cage realizing they've been to the farmhouse before in another loop]
Cage: There's a shirt over there, it should be your size.
Rita: How many times have we been here?
[Cage doesn't reply]
Rita: How many times? Where are the keys?
[Cage still doesn't reply]
Rita: Where are the Goddamn keys?
Cage: Okay.
[Cage takes the keys out of his pocket and hands them to her]
Rita: You can fly it, can't you?
Cage: No. Well...yes. I mean, I can take off, I'm still working on my landing.
Rita: What are we still doing here? You're wasting time!
[she turns to get her jacket and leave]
Cage: Rita, you start that engine, you die!
[Rita stops and faces him]
Cage: This is as far as you go. No matter what I do, this is as far as you ever make it.

Yeah, the movie is rad.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I would agree. He's a wacko in real life, but I still find myself enjoying his movies. He's a good actor IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah it was good.

as much as i dislike TC, he becomes his characters and isn't tom cruse for 2 hours.

I would agree. He's a wacko in real life, but I still find myself enjoying his movies. He's a good actor IMHO.

He's been putting out some really good stuff recently. Oblivion was excellent as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yea... book ends better.

View Quote

I'll have to read it for myself one of these days, then
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea... book ends better.

Count me in as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh...er...I laughed when that one soldier said "Jinx, bitch!"

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it just me, or did it seem like on some of the loops when Cage starts to deviate from the 'script', the people around him seem annoyed and carry on as if he were still playing his 'part'?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#32]
There's something wrong with your suit!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:25:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There's something wrong with your suit!
View Quote

There's a dead guy in it!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:34:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I think I actually like the movie version better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

I think both ending are good for what they are intended for one print, one film, and the intended audience one American/ European one Asian.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea... book ends better.

Count me in as well.

From what I read about the comic/manga or whatever.  Yeah,  it sounds like the movie might be better for an American audience.  Plus I can't fucking pronounce those Japanese names
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

One guy I can't watch in movies anymore though is Tom Hanks. He was my favorite actor, but now it's to the point where I don't see him playing as a character anymore, I just see him as Tom Hanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just watched it, Not a bad flick, but once again, Tom Cruise plays, well, Tom Cruise.

It always bothers me to see actors playing military men in movies with long hair. Damn, is it that hard to get it right????

Plus he's gone insane leftist in his politics lately, which is a big disappointment.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  

Wrong. Edge of Tomorrow was awesome, but Guardians of the Galaxy is still the best of the year.

See, I don't get this.  GotG is literally and figuratively sci-fi feel good fluff, and just not worth a second viewing.  Was it entertaining?  Definitely.  Would I recommend it to watch over and over?  No.  You've seen it once, you've seen everything you need to.

This whole attitude about GotG being "the best of the year" is just plain left field weird thinking, it's good, but not GREAT.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Plus he's gone insane leftist in his politics lately, which is a big disappointment.

See, I don't get this.  GotG is literally and figuratively sci-fi feel good fluff, and just not worth a second viewing.  Was it entertaining?  Definitely.  Would I recommend it to watch over and over?  No.  You've seen it once, you've seen everything you need to.

This whole attitude about GotG being "the best of the year" is just plain left field weird thinking, it's good, but not GREAT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  

I think Edge of Tomorrow should get the Oscar for Best Picture. But it is real art, and thought provoking.

Guardians of the Galaxy is just entertainment.

I'm having trouble deciding which movie I like more. I'm just surprised that I've seen two movies that were this good in one summer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  

you smoking crack.

Yeah it was entertaining but it seemed like it was just trying too hard. I just wasn't that excited about it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be pretty cool, complete with giant helicopter blade sword.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yep I liked it but it was tedious reminded me of all night sessions trying to get past certain sections in Halo

and where was the alien anti aircraft fire coming from ? they never showed that

there wasn't any big artillery bugs like in star ship troopers

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Saw it last night, awesome!

FULL METAL BITCH FTW!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm beginning to feel 3D is overrated.  It's alright and kinda cool but after a while of watching 3D, i dont even notice it anymore.    Not sure it's worth the price.

But, I liked the movie.  it was entertaining and pretty cool.
View Quote

This.

2D was much easier to watch for me. I saw it in 3D first and did not enjoy it near as much.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I dunno, but my Mom (RIP, Mom) used to watch "Edge of Night" every afternoon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't know why I'm thinking this hard about a MOVIE. But oh well.

So the first time on the beach, you see the mimics ignoring Cage. He will basically be in a big fox hole and the mimic goes berzerk and kills everyone around him and misses Cage or just ignores him.

So, I'm wondering if this is because the Mimics seen into the future without Cage getting the Alpha blood on him, thus deemed him a "n00b" who was no threat to them. And so they killed all the competent soldiers around him, and were just gonna take him out, as a low priority. I mean, they have a Alpha burrow itself and it's observing the action that was some distance away.

And the rest is history of course. So, I'm just curious what other people thought. If Cage was "allowed" to live because the Mimics saw the future and he was not a threat at all to them because of his "n00bness" OR if it was just plain dumb luck on Cage's part that he managed to not get killed until an Alpha was right by him?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll watch EoT again.

Mmmm, Emily Blunt.  

you smoking crack.

...and then pass that shit down here.

GotG was good but it wasn't good enough to have me yelling "Holy shit that movie was badass!!" on the ride home.

which EoT was
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't know why I'm thinking this hard about a MOVIE. But oh well.

So the first time on the beach, you see the mimics ignoring Cage. He will basically be in a big fox hole and the mimic goes berzerk and kills everyone around him and misses Cage or just ignores him.

So, I'm wondering if this is because the Mimics seen into the future without Cage getting the Alpha blood on him, thus deemed him a "n00b" who was no threat to them. And so they killed all the competent soldiers around him, and were just gonna take him out, as a low priority. I mean, they have a Alpha burrow itself and it's observing the action that was some distance away.

And the rest is history of course. So, I'm just curious what other people thought. If Cage was "allowed" to live because the Mimics saw the future and he was not a threat at all to them because of his "n00bness" OR if it was just plain dumb luck on Cage's part that he managed to not get killed until an Alpha was right by him?
View Quote

It seemed to me the mimic was attacking the soldiers closest to it or shooting at it.
Since Cage was running away and trying to disengage his safety, he was last.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#48]
What's really tragic is that it was a summer blockbuster that didn't really perform like one. One of the best sci-fi movies in a LONG time, and it was amazing, but nobody (relatively speaking) went to see it. Good luck on us getting another one.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

What's really tragic is that it was a summer blockbuster that didn't really perform like one. One of the best sci-fi movies in a LONG time, and it was amazing, but nobody (relatively speaking) went to see it. Good luck on us getting another one.

View Quote

Yeah, I rank it right there with Aliens and Predator. It is really sad.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top