Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would have been fine with that, but why steal it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My guess is that there just weren't that many people willing to drop everything and basically go on what would be a one-way (possibly suicide) mission, leaving family, etc. behind.

Dunno.  Poor impulse control?  Just figured that it was better to ask forgiveness than permission?  Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Saw it for the third time tonight.  It doesn't get less dusty in there.  It also struck me how powerful the score is.
View Quote

The soundtrack made the movie. I liked it. Some (but not all) of the science was OK. Theory only really. Black holes and how they may look, time dilation, relativity, Etc.. I read somewhere Kip Thorne was a consultant. I did not like the beginning when Cooper went to the parent / teacher meeting. That pissed me off to no end. A few in the theater even booed it.

Going to see it again soon.

The message in the movie is that humans are explorers. We always have been. There is a seed in all of us to explore the unknown. Discover new things and, dare I say, boldly go............
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dunno.  Poor impulse control?  Just figured that it was better to ask forgiveness than permission?  Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My guess is that there just weren't that many people willing to drop everything and basically go on what would be a one-way (possibly suicide) mission, leaving family, etc. behind.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dramatic licence.

Hell, who knows.  Perhaps they would have given it to them but the bureaucracy and red-tape would have delayed it.  I kind of like stories that don't wrap up all the answers in a nice bow.  It allows your imagination to play with the story in creative ways.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Heck, maybe they didn't want to put all their eggs in one basket by going through a wormhole they could not control to an entirely new galaxy.  Maybe it took decades to build generation ships to house humanity, and they were planning to use their new technology to find planets closer to our own solar system, or at least in our own galaxy.  

There were a lot of purposefully open questions left.  They didn't wrap everything up.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dramatic licence.

Hell, who knows.  Perhaps they would have given it to them but the bureaucracy and red-tape would have delayed it.  I kind of like stories that don't wrap up all the answers in a nice bow.  It allows your imagination to play with the story in creative ways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dramatic licence.

Really i'm ok with it, just made me scratch my head.   Still love the movie
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I could help but notice that they were drinking beer on Earth...

So beverages that require grain are still available?

I didn't like the way he ended it with his daughter at the end... All those years and he just comes I for a few minutes and doesn't even acknowledge his other family members..?

Still a great movie, and some space scenes strongly reminded me of 2001.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, they were growing a shitload of corn.   Maybe it was Busch.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I didn't like the way he ended it with his daughter at the end... All those years and he just comes I for a few minutes and doesn't even acknowledge his other family members..?

Still a great movie, and some space scenes strongly reminded me of 2001.
View Quote

They could have filled those plot holes and had a much better ending I agree. I was wondering about the beers as well.

It did have a bit of a 2001 / 2010 ish feel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think they said fuck once or twice.

There's not much violence and no sex or anything.
View Quote

So, like a typical marriage?

Nick
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What is in the middle of our galaxy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally think black hole is stupid. I am in the camp that black hole does not exist. Lots of great scientist like Einstein does not believe in black hole. Since the discovery of the firewall paradox the foremost expert on black hole Stephen Hawking does not believe in them anymore. Can you imagine spending your entire life on one subject and now near the end it is clear you got everything wrong.

Laura Mersini-Houghton and Herald P. Pfeiffer are part of a long list of scientists showing Black Hole doesn't exist. This time with mathematical proof.

Black Hole is a desperate attempt to try to prove the Big Bang Theory is correct. One bad theory lead to another and the result is countless years lost.

lol

LoL what? Do you even read scientific news? Why don't you google "No Black Holes Exist, Says Stephen Hawking". It was one of the biggest science news story this year. Google Firewall Paradox which destroy Black Hole theory and forced Stephen Hawking into saying Black Holes Does Not Exist. Or Google Laura Mersini-Houghton Black Hole Equation which proved under Hawking Radiation a dead collapsed star shed too much mass too quickly to become a black hole. Einstein and other great scientists do not believe in Black Holes.

Black Holes contains numerous paradoxes and break some fundamental laws. Without Black Hole there is no singularity. If there is no singularity there is no Big Bang. This is a continuation of a long list of proofs, paradoxes, and breaking of fundamental laws in the Big Bang Theory.

What is in the middle of our galaxy?

A fuschia hole.

Nick

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is my take on the ending. Not saying its right or supporting it with specific evidence from the film, it's just what I thought from watching it.

Cooper sent data back to earth to make technology X. Murph used tech X to make a space fleet which humanity used to leave earth and go through the wormhole. To facilitate the move, they set up Cooper station; possibly others, there was some lines saying that Murph needed to travel from another station or something to meet Coop. At this point they may have explored the other 9 worlds and set up colonies there, knowing that Brand (or was it Brant?) was already setting up plan B on Edmonds planet. Thats how they were able to thrive/get food and build more stuff. While they were doing all that, time moved slower for Brand leaving her  conveniantly young enough to hook up with.

View Quote

The crucial data was simply the equation that allowed them to lift off the one giant ship containing all humanity. (Again, they weren't allowed to travel in the smaller ships which they already had that were capable of traveling to and taking off of Earth sized planets.)
It was simply one of several plot holes. Here's an easy example of how they could have tweaked the plot to make more sense:
He wakes up on the giant ship as it is nearing the wormhole. They take him to see Murph who has been woken from cryo-sleep. He stays with her a few days until she passes. As part of that sequence, they show him with his descendants, covering that angle.
The ship passes through the wormhole. Commander Cooper (or a similar title showing that he has integrated into the society, and is in a place of respect) is told that the landing ships are ready to leave. Insert a panning shot showing him in his new space outfit as the landing ships are being readied.
Cut to Brand. She is alone, sitting at the grave. As she looks out over her camp, she receives a transmission from Cooper. Cue dramatic music as they show the Cooper and the landing party arriving.
Cut to the documentary of old Murph talking about her father interspersed with a montage of more shots of the landing party. Humanity has been saved.
End with a shot of the watch face slowly ticking out a message in code. Cut to black and credits.
(This is hashed together off the top of my head, but it shows how easy it would be to fix the script with a bit of work.)

EDIT - Typo.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw the movie today at an I-Max matinee.  It was not very crowded.  It was my wife and I, another couple about our age and a half dozen or so individual nerdy "Sheldon Cooper" types.

I think the movie could have been so much better telling basically the same story but in a different way. It was very slow at times and many of the things in the movie just didn't make sense.  Most of them have already been mentioned in this thread so I won't rehash them.

One of the things that did bother me.

My understanding was there was nothing wrong with the earth.  It was the biosphere that was deteriorating due to some kind of blight.   A blight that  was killing off the plant species and that is why the atmosphere was changing and everybody left on earth was pretty much screwed. The extinction event was biological in nature.

However, it looked like everything was growing nicely on the space vessel.  If they could get food to grow on the space station then why not earth?    

They couldn't even build a MRI machine on earth but was able to build (oblivious more than one) these enormous and complex space stations to travel humans to other planets through the wormhole.

Another thing that was absolutely ridiculous was using the library sequence.  The guy was going into a black hole and found himself in a library where he communicated with his daughter.  That idea took the movie from being somewhat (although convoluted) scientifically possible to being absolutely absurd.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Another thing that was absolutely ridiculous was using the library sequence.  The guy was going into a black hole and found himself in a library where he communicated with his daughter.  That idea took the movie from being somewhat (although convoluted) scientifically possible to being absolutely absurd.  

View Quote

That was obviously a 2001 homage.  In 2001, Bowman is taken to the heart of a red dwarf star, where the aliens create a bubble in which he lives and is transformed.  This was the same thing but in a black hole.

Also, visually, it looked just like the scene when Bowman enters HAL's brain.

Basically, the whole plot was based on the plot of 2001.  But I'm OK with that.  2001 is an awesome movie and it's fine to acknowledge its mastery.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:17:29 AM EDT
[#15]
To me though, the biggest plot hole is that I cannot imagine NASA ever approving a design of robot that is so likely to accidentally snip off crewmen's fingers.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:43:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To me though, the biggest plot hole is that I cannot imagine NASA ever approving a design of robot that is so likely to accidentally snip off crewmen's fingers.  

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/11/141114_FT_TARSInterstellar.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg
View Quote

They're old military robots. And that is what surprised me the most, how much I'd love TARS and CASE. That airlock joke!

Also, they were almost completely puppeteered in person by Bill Irwin and three other guys... That's the stuff that sets this film apart from Gravity; the crazy number of practicals and in camera effects.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:05:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
That was obviously a 2001 homage.  In 2001, Bowman is taken to the heart of a red dwarf star, where the aliens create a bubble in which he lives and is transformed.  This was the same thing but in a black hole.

http://timewalkersvault.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/hal-9000-is-about-to-get-his-hard-drive-fried-by-a-seriously-pissed-off-dave.jpg

Basically, the whole plot was based on the plot of 2001.  But I'm OK with that.  2001 is an awesome movie and it's fine to acknowledge its mastery.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://timewalkersvault.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/hal-9000-is-about-to-get-his-hard-drive-fried-by-a-seriously-pissed-off-dave.jpg

Honestly I think Dr. Mann was a human Hal.  Someone who went a little nuts because he knew the truth about plan A.  Also, became more nuts having been on the his planet, and he lied.  The guilt drove him even more crazy.  In the end he was willing to kill to complete plan B and cover for what he done.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:07:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/technology/future_tense/2014/11/141114_FT_TARSInterstellar.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg
View Quote

Tars and Case's designs were homage to the 2001 black monolith.  Also they were so physically unhuman like, but had VERY human personalities, even providing a lot of comic relief.    
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Honestly I think Dr. Mann was a human Hal.  Someone who went a little nuts because he knew the truth about plan A.  Also, became more nuts having been on the his planet, and he lied.  The guilt drove him even more crazy.  In the end he was willing to kill to complete plan B and cover for what he done.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

The more I think about it, this was basically a remake of 2001.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:05:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Saw it for the first time tonight....

What a rare gem in this era of comic book crap. One of the most thought-provoking movies in at least a few years. I looked up the Wikipedia page on the movie when we got home; I found it amazing that the shots of the black hole were based on actual equations by a physicist, and ended up spurring two scientific papers. Some of the individual frames took 100 hours to render, and the footage ended up being 800 terabytes

I think there were some plot holes (I am doubtful that a guy in a spacesuit could survive entering a black hole), but I give Nolan credit for not giving us a bunch of mindless CGI trash.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They're old military robots. And that is what surprised me the most, how much I'd love TARS and CASE. That airlock joke!

Also, they were almost completely puppeteered in person by Bill Irwin and three other guys... That's the stuff that sets this film apart from Gravity; the crazy number of practicals and in camera effects.

http://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/t/54665e92e4b0c1b25458f51a/1415995027174/what-other-movies-would-be-like-if-they-starred-tars-from-interstellar2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/t/54665e92e4b0c1b25458f51a/1415995027174/what-other-movies-would-be-like-if-they-starred-tars-from-interstellar2

I thought the bit about the last crop of okra was just silly Hollywood crap.

I love okra as do most Southerners but I suspect the California Hollywood Libtards thought it was some kind of sick joke.

Promo trailer voice over: "In a world without okra..."
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What a rare gem in this era of comic book crap. One of the most thought-provoking movies in at least a few years. I looked up the Wikipedia page on the movie when we got home; I found it amazing that the shots of the black hole were based on actual equations by a physicist, and ended up spurring two scientific papers. Some of the individual frames took 100 hours to render, and the footage ended up being 800 terabytes

I think there were some plot holes (I am doubtful that a guy in a spacesuit could survive entering a black hole), but I give Nolan credit for not giving us a bunch of mindless CGI trash.
View Quote

Agreed on all points. And 800TB... ho-lee crap!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Took my kid to watch it tonight.  I'm no scientist and I could identify some incredible liberties taken with science, but it was an entertaining and interesting movie.

My kid and I talked about physics for most of the 30 minute drive home.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am doubtful that a guy in a spacesuit could survive entering a black hole
View Quote

Well yea.  Terminal velocity on earth is something like 122 MPH for a person falling.  Can you imagine what it would be like in a massive black hole with a trillion times more gravity?

Just think what the factor g (gravity acceleration 32 ft/sec on earth) would be in a black hole:

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe this is a nod to Einstein and the notable thought experiment where it was postulated that astronaut would be able to uneventfully pass into a black hole.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I believe this is a nod to Einstein and the notable thought experiment where it was postulated that astronaut would be able to uneventfully pass into a black hole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spaghettification would occur as a person falls towards the singularity due to the tidal forces of the singularity, but it wouldn't happen right after entry.   In fact the person falling in looking out might actually witness the end of the universe before they were stretched into subatomic particles.   If you could see the person beyond the event horizon it would appear that they stopped in time, just hanging on the edge but never falling in.  

Black holes and singularities are indeed bizarre.  

To cut Noland some slack, I think this is a case of Deus ex Machina, "the others" created an environment within the event horizon where Tars and Coop could survive and obtain the data.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The soundtrack made the movie. I liked it. Some (but not all) of the science was OK. Theory only really. Black holes and how they may look, time dilation, relativity, Etc.. I read somewhere Kip Thorne was a consultant. I did not like the beginning when Cooper went to the parent / teacher meeting. That pissed me off to no end. A few in the theater even booed it.

The message in the movie is that humans are explorers. We always have been. There is a seed in all of us to explore the unknown. Discover new things and, dare I say, boldly go............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw it for the third time tonight.  It doesn't get less dusty in there.  It also struck me how powerful the score is.

Hans Zimmer detach score was powerful in the scene when they detach over the black hole
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:36:51 AM EDT
[#30]
<delete>

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Went & seen it again today. Liked it better the 2nd time
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Menu for Interstellar:

Corn on the cobb

Creamed corn

Cornbread

Corn fritters

Corn and okra
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw it last night. It was silly. 4/10

Not worth pondering. This from someone who graphed all 9 timelines for "Primer".

Gravity was better. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Not worth pondering. This from someone who graphed all 9 timelines for "Primer".

View Quote

Well your opinion sucks
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a question...Due to relativity, an hour on the first planet was equivalent to seven years on earth...was there any reason they chose to go to that one first? Wouldn't it have made more sense to visit the other two planets first and see If they were habitable before forcing the black guy to wait around for over 23 years?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Spaghettification would occur as a person falls towards the singularity due to the tidal forces of the singularity, but it wouldn't happen right after entry.   In fact the person falling in looking out might actually witness the end of the universe before they were stretched into subatomic particles.   If you could see the person beyond the event horizon it would appear that they stopped in time, just hanging on the edge but never falling in.  

To cut Noland some slack, I think this is a case of Deus ex Machina, "the others" created an environment within the event horizon where Tars and Coop could survive and obtain the data.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have a question...Due to relativity, an hour on the first planet was equivalent to seven years on earth...was there any reason they chose to go to that one first? Wouldn't it have made more sense to visit the other two planets first and see If they were habitable before forcing the black guy to wait around for over 23 years?
View Quote

They said it was closer and they probably wouldn't have the fuel and supplies to get back there if the other two didn't pan out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nailed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

How could he nail it when we don't even know for sure that black holes exist and we have absolutely no idea what a "singularity is"?  

If black holes exist they are nothing more than a massive dense object that has tremendous gravity.  If you get near one you will be pulled in with tremendous terminal velocity and you will be smashed to smithereens.

All this conjecture about time and space distortion is not based upon any observable data or anything of substance.  It is based upon some very sketchy theories of what might happen.  Since we have never seen a black hole up close or been able to really study one we really don't know much about them.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
They said it was closer and they probably wouldn't have the fuel and supplies to get back there if the other two didn't pan out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

and that the reports they had gotten up to that point showed it had the best conditions...

Then later after the got back ... they said that the report that was so promising that they based their decision on was just the first report and it had been endlessly echoing... which is why it looked like lots of consistently good reports.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

How could he nail it when we don't even know for sure that black holes exist and we have absolutely no idea what a "singularity is"?  

If black holes exist they are nothing more than a massive dense object that has tremendous gravity.  If you get near one you will be pulled in with tremendous terminal velocity and you will be smashed to smithereens.

All this conjecture about time and space distortion is not based upon any observable data or anything of substance.  It is based upon some very sketchy theories of what might happen.  Since we have never seen a black hole up close or been able to really study one we really don't know much about them.

View Quote

We've seen hundreds of black holes. We do know they exist.  

Time and space distortion has been observed and is critical to factor into how things like GPS satellites work else they would not work.  Time and space distorion is real and an integral part of our existence.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Time and space distortion has been observed and is critical to factor into how things like GPS satellites work else they would not work.  Time and space distorion is real and an integral part of our existence.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Flash's belief system does not allow the possibility of The Big Bang, so things like singularities and black holes need to be impossible. Otherwise, TBBT might be mathematically possible, and that just can't be allowed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No we haven't seen a black hole.  We have seen indirect evidence that they might exist.  You are confusing science fantasy and science conjecture with science fact.

We have no idea what time space distortion exist around a black hole (if they do exist) because we have never actually observed one.

http://phys.org/news/2014-09-black-holes.html

Researcher shows that black holes do not exist

By merging two seemingly conflicting theories, Laura Mersini-Houghton, a physics professor at UNC-Chapel Hill in the College of Arts and Sciences, has proven, mathematically, that black holes can never come into being in the first place. The work not only forces scientists to reimagine the fabric of space-time, but also rethink the origins of the universe.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Flash's belief system does not allow the possibility of The Big Bang, so things like singularities and black holes need to be impossible. Otherwise, TBBT might be mathematically possible, and that just can't be allowed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just deal in the facts, not what I would like to believe.  

The facts are that we know almost nil about black holes (if they do exist), worm holes  and singularities.  The basis of the movie.  We have absolutely no bit of scientific fact to conjure up the possibility that an astronaut in a space suit could fall into a black hole (if they exist) and wind up in a inter dimensional library and then be spit out trillions of light year away in close proximity to someone who could save him.  There are no facts to support the possibility of that happening, only fiction.

The problem is that most people have been brainwashed with science fiction all their lives that they will imagine almost anything, even when the facts support very little.

I enjoyed the movie but it was scientifically bogus.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#44]
The Spice must flow.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
No we haven't seen a black hole.  We have seen indirect evidence that they might exist.  You are confusing science fantasy and science conjecture with science fact.

We have no idea what time space distortion exist around a black hole (if they do exist) because we have never actually observed one.

By merging two seemingly conflicting theories, Laura Mersini-Houghton, a physics professor at UNC-Chapel Hill in the College of Arts and Sciences, has proven, mathematically, that black holes can never come into being in the first place. The work not only forces scientists to reimagine the fabric of space-time, but also rethink the origins of the universe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Praise be to Odin.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

hell yea...movie sucked!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Menu for Interstellar:

Corn on the cobb

Creamed corn

Cornbread

Corn fritters

Corn and okra
View Quote

Snort.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#49]

I saw the movie for the second time today, and I still really like the movie.  But I have a couple of questions, ...unrelated to science.

First, when they lifted off from Miller's world after the tidal wave, Noland shows what I presume was Doyle's unmangled body laying face down in the water.  Was Noland trying to imply that perhaps Doyle might have survived?  

Second, and this is more of an observation then a question, wouldn't Coop's daughter Murphey have gone through a period of time where she wasn't mad at her dad anymore.  I mean, after she grew up and went to work with Professor Brand at NASA, wouldn't she have learned the truth about why her father left, to try to save the world?  I could understand that she'd might get upset again after she found out about Professor Brand's secret, thinking her father might have known there was no Plan A. (and that's a stretch..because Coop was a good father, she knew her father loved them) Logically there would have been a decade or so of maturity before that secret was revealed where she wasn't upset with him.

Just two questions.   I still really like the movie.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
First, when they lifted off from Miller's world after the tidal wave, Noland shows what I presume was Doyle's unmangled body laying face down in the water.  Was Noland trying to imply that perhaps Doyle might have survived?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I doubt it.  Just that they were leaving him behind.

Second, and this is more of an observation then a question, wouldn't Coop's daughter Murphey have gone through a period of time where she wasn't mad at her dad anymore.  I mean, after she grew up and went to work with Professor Brand at NASA, wouldn't she have learned the truth about why her father left, to try to save the world?  I could understand that she'd might get upset again after she found out about Professor Brand's secret, thinking her father might have known there was no Plan A. (and that's a stretch..because Coop was a good father, she knew her father loved them) Logically there would have been a decade or so of maturity before that secret was revealed where she wasn't upset with him.

I think so, but that birthday upset her enough that it reopened the wound.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top