User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Me neither.

BF all the way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive had every COD since COD 4. I wont be buying this new Halo looking bullshit either. Maybe with sales down on this new game the makers will clue in that people are tired of the way the series is heading.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
BF all the way
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not buying it either.

I'd rather shoot real guns at the range
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
#BF4masterrace
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I play BF4 occasionally add me on Xbox1  MILL FIRE 517
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
#BF4masterrace
View Quote

"master race" in the context of gaming has turned into a badge of irrelevancy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

#BF4masterrace

Lies

#noscopeblazeit420

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Define shit players and good players.

I'm reading it as
Shit players = grown ups with jobs and real lives that still like to occasionally play games and kill people digitally
Good players = 5 year old Korean kids and "professional" gamers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
COD has steady been going to shit after COD 4. The first modern warfare was the best after that they started making it easier for shit players to annoy all the good players.

Define shit players and good players.

I'm reading it as
Shit players = grown ups with jobs and real lives that still like to occasionally play games and kill people digitally
Good players = 5 year old Korean kids and "professional" gamers

I worked a full time job and still maintained a KD ratio of 1.70 or better at all times with several thousand kills. The shit players are generally those that have trouble going positive in a map or that barely break even.  Cod 4 wasn't perfect but it was balanced.  As for quick scoping as gay and annoying as it may be it takes skill so if you can do it all the power to you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The real question is, why hasn't COD: MW been turned into a badass movie yet?

But who would play Captain Price? And who would play Soap?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Price would definitely be Liam Neeson.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking that too.

Sam Worthington as Soap? Or maybe Christain Bale?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

http://youtu.be/miawLu_ScMI
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The only new COD I will buy is if they make another WW2 related one, and if it doesn't have stupid kill streaks
View Quote

sucks not not be able to get a kill streak eh?  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#16]
The cod franchise stopped being interesting to me after COD4 (the original moser warfare )
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only new COD I will buy is if they make another WW2 related one, and if it doesn't have stupid kill streaks

highest I could ever get was a harrier.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I will always claim to be a BF fan.  played since 1942 and everything since (except the 2142 expansion).  LOVED MW and MW2.  LOVED IT!.  then MW3 and WoW i tried but it was shit.  never went back.  As far as BF goes.... IMO, BFBC2 was the best.  then a tie between BF3 and BF4.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I prefer BF, but I love FPS.  I will get it used at GameStop eventually.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I always get a chuckle from the Battlefield dudes.  They're really two different games, the only real similarities they have are they're team based, multiplayer online military style shooters.

Of course, this is also the game where people ride around with explosives strapped on vehicles making suicide runs, or fly around with a UCAV road kill trolling, and reviving teammates who've been blown up or shot to death with a pair of defib paddles...that tactical realism, tho.
View Quote
^mad

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

^mad

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I always get a chuckle from the Battlefield dudes.  They're really two different games, the only real similarities they have are they're team based, multiplayer online military style shooters.

Of course, this is also the game where people ride around with explosives strapped on vehicles making suicide runs, or fly around with a UCAV road kill trolling, and reviving teammates who've been blown up or shot to death with a pair of defib paddles...that tactical realism, tho.
^mad

He was probably a victim to a c4 rigged choppa,

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Haha, welcome to 1998 and Starsiege Tribes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got every COD prior to Ghosts....for me it was a toss up between BO2 and MW1 for which one I enjoyed the most (online). I will definitely not be buying the new one (or even ghosts).

These days, if I have the free time, I play America's Army Beta on Steam, and BF4.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wasn't it Titanfall that they made?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guys that started the company, Infinity Ward, left a few years ago once the producers started messing up the series.  CoD hasn't been CoD since Modern Warfare started.

That being said, I seem to recall hearing that those guys started a new company and were working on a new game.  Anyone know that company, what they are working on, or ETA on something?

Wasn't it Titanfall that they made?

new cod basically titanfall with no titans
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm too simple for that shit.  Once they started adding perks and modifying weapons and having 8000 fucking people on one map I quit playing.  COD2 was the shit.  You got a couple guns and a couple grenades and just went at it.  No fucking air strikes, radio controlled cars, or dipshits dropping grenades when they die to mess with.  

I also got sick of getting my ass kicked by stupid little no life having 8 year old kids who constantly cuss and act like bad asses because they have 87 trillion achievement points.  
View Quote

cod the orig on 360 k98 ftw. So many 1 shot kills
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Naw, I'll be the first to admit, I am *horrible* at Battlefield.  Like, I am the noob in your avatar.  I'm pretty good at COD, but being good at COD doesn't really translate into being good at Battlefield, because they play so different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

^mad

Naw, I'll be the first to admit, I am *horrible* at Battlefield.  Like, I am the noob in your avatar.  I'm pretty good at COD, but being good at COD doesn't really translate into being good at Battlefield, because they play so different.

being good at both is pretty easy, as long as you can twitch reflex shoot.

battlefield is such a superior series tho because of having vehicles and bigger maps.

cod is easy mode twitch shooter, run the same tight routes through tight cqb maps with your gun at head height and you can just run through racking up tons of headshots, get some goofy killstreak reward and get another 10 kills with that, repeat.  

and yes i've played plenty of cod, the originals when they came out, used to play a ton of COD2 MP, cod4mp, mw2,3, prestiged 3-4 times, blops 1,2, played ghosts on a free weekend, might pick it up someday, but it wasnt as fun as bf4.

i'm sure its even easier on peasant console systems with auto aim. #360noscopeyoloswag

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Try playing Metro and Locker on BF4. There are no vehicles...and it's every bit as intense close quarters action as COD. Those are basically the only maps I play anymore on BF4. While it's no attempt on "realism", it's still much more realistic when compared to any COD game.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

The K98 was bad ass like that in COD2 as well. Good times
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The K98 was bad ass like that in COD2 as well. Good times :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The K98 was bad ass like that in COD2 as well. Good times :)

ya i rolled with k98 most of the time nothing out wiping out the entire team with your bolt gun . Garand,svt were 2 shots and of course the trench was nice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#32]
So... I've had a 360 for several years... should I FO on a XB One?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Try playing Metro and Locker on BF4. There are no vehicles...and it's every bit as intense close quarters action as COD. Those are basically the only maps I play anymore on BF4. While it's no attempt on "realism", it's still much more realistic when compared to any COD game.
View Quote

Metro and locker are brutal on xbone. 64 player infantry chaos.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I still just play Arma 2 and 3.

CoD is Counter-Strike. I played that in the fucking 90's.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I wasnt going to get it until I saw Best Buy's trade in promotion for $30 when you trade in trade in Ghosts toward AW. That coupled with the 20% off for GCU members I'm only going to be $18 out of pocket on release day. And you get a $10 reward certificate for pre-ordering.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Apparently not.  I couldn't find any matches either.  Campaign mode is decent, aside from the Japanese M1's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but this game just look like shit and gay as fuck.  No way am I jumping around in a fucking jetpack exosuit thing.

Ditto.  I didn't buy this game when it was called Titanfall.  I won't be buying it now either.   If you're playing on the 360, Microsoft is giving away some AAA (but old) games for free.

I just downloaded BFBC2 a couple of days ago but can't get on a MP server. Does nobody play this online anymore?

Apparently not.  I couldn't find any matches either.  Campaign mode is decent, aside from the Japanese M1's.

The Japs reverse engineered M1 Garands toward the end of the war.  Chambered them in 7.7 Jap and used an enbloc 10rd clip.  Called the Type 5.  Apparently only about 125 were ever assembled.

I recall them having a really really small rear sight aperture.

http://collectorebooks.com/jamesauction/military-rifle/33703.htm
More here ^
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Im done wasting money on that series.  Every time its a new shell on top of the same old game.  New guns, maps and upgrades but other than that no difference.  Im not willing to pay the same price as the game for DLC.  Its just not worth it.  Hell after last deployment and my current PCS move Im still trying to catch up on the games from last year.

Let me know when a ground breaking game series comes out, then Ill get interested again.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I bought it. I will play it, and I will be a General.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm trying to download on Steam, the single player is almost 41 gig. With my 300mb connection and interruptions its a bitch.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Once Electronic Arts got their paws on COD brand name, it's been fucked every since. They screw up EVERYTHING they touch.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The Japs reverse engineered M1 Garands toward the end of the war.  Chambered them in 7.7 Jap and used an enbloc 10rd clip.  Called the Type 5.  Apparently only about 125 were ever assembled.

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/download/file.php?id=2250&t=1&sid=f8d274e22d21d401942924875163da91

More here ^

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:.
Ditto.  I didn't buy this game when it was called Titanfall.  I won't be buying it now either.   If you're playing on the 360, Microsoft is giving away some AAA (but old) games for free.

I just downloaded BFBC2 a couple of days ago but can't get on a MP server. Does nobody play this online anymore?

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/download/file.php?id=2250&t=1&sid=f8d274e22d21d401942924875163da91

More here ^

Yeah, that's not  an M1, which is what BF2 has.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Once Electronic Arts got their paws on COD brand name, it's been fucked every since. They screw up EVERYTHING they touch.
View Quote

Activision owns COD, not EA.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but this game just look like shit and gay as fuck.  No way am I jumping around in a fucking jetpack exosuit thing.

View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never miss an opportunity to bash EA, even if they don't own the brand.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never miss an opportunity to bash EA, even if they don't own the brand.

Touche'.  They were voted worst company in America for 3 years in a row for a reason.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

So just like every other fucking Call of Dildoes since CoD 4?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Im done wasting money on that series.  Every time its a new shell on top of the same old game.  New guns, maps and upgrades but other than that no difference.  Im not willing to pay the same price as the game for DLC.  Its just not worth it.  Hell after last deployment and my current PCS move Im still trying to catch up on the games from last year.

Let me know when a ground breaking game series comes out, then Ill get interested again.
View Quote

FPS games are at a point where there really isn't much that can be done to "revolutionize" anything.  They've been doing them for so long that they are really at a fine-tuning stage.  Sadly, I doubt there will be any big "game changers" any time soon.  

Think of it like a new car.  We've reached a point where there really isn't anything that can be done outside of minor tweaks and improvements.  All the fancy shit they add today is just an incremental improvement that performs the same function as the 20 year old tech it is replacing.  Dials became touch screens.  Carbs became EFI.  Manuals became automatics.  Bulbs became LEDs.  Mapquest became GPS  Are they better?  Sure.  Did they revolutionize the way I get to work?  Nope.  Can I do anything in my new car that I couldn't in my old beater in high school?  Not really.

Look elsewhere if you are looking for something "new".
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#49]
So they are copying Titanfall without the Titans?

That's not their niche, they should stick with 20th/early 21st century ground warfare.  That's what we all want.

I stopped playing multiplayer at BF2 with the high point being Desert Combat back in the day.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I've played it for a little bit, and while its a lot better than Ghosts, I'm still meh about it.

IMO, Black Ops1 and 2 were the BEST with MW2 in third. (for my personal rankings)

But Ghosts ruined it for me.  I want to go back to Battlefield 4 now.

This jumping around bullshit gets old.  I like how all of the other "Exo" abilities have a battery that gets depleted, but jumping is forevz!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top