Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On now with 1 hour movie :)
View Quote

i watched Fanboys last night.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The animation is pretty good. I wanted more Clone Wars animation but they smoothed it out a touch. Not bad by any means but just prefer Clone Wars style a bit more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Hokey Religions and Wrist Slingshots are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#5]
links for those who don't have cable or DVR?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Disney has completely lost  this Star Wars fan! Will not be watching
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Bet you said that about Lucas, too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Son 1 watched it while I bathed Son 2.  Now I have to find an excuse to watch it on my own.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Rebel scum!

Where's my Tie Fighter 2 game?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm still in S1 of clone wars.  Rebels didn't look the best but I'll still watch it because that's how I roll.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hokey Religions and Wrist Slingshots are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
View Quote

I've got that covered.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Clone wars hit it's stride after season 2. I enjoyed the non padme and non Jar jar episodes.

Saw the previews for this series. Wrist slingshot... wrist slingshot.... A mother fucking gay assed wrist slingshot... looks like they are gearing it specifically for the jar jar /ewoks  crowd. Not gonna waist my time.

The animation also looks like garbage. The later seasons on clone wars had damn good animation. Fuck that I guess. Kiddy retarded looking  crap for everybody!!!

Liking star wars is kinda like being a Vols fan post Payton manning.  "Maybe this year will be our year.... Wait no, stop. No!!!! They're raping me. They are raping me!!!!!"
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Son 1 watched it while I bathed Son 2.  Now I have to find an excuse to watch it on my own.
View Quote

No excuse needed, embrace it
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm more interested in a decent Star Wars game coming out.  It's been slim pickings since Jedi Knight and Battlefront and forget about getting a decent space fighter Sim.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah they are gonna beat it to death but oh well, what doesn't get milked for every cent it's worth?

You can deprive yourself out of principle or just enjoy the few things in life that or still innocent good fun. Disney is gonna milk it and it's gonna be successful, not sure how I feel about the movies coming out but you know what, my kids are gonna want to see them and they are gonna be the target audience. The new generation of fan is disney's focus. Not you and not me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Clone wars hit it's stride after season 2. I enjoyed the non padme and non Jar jar episodes.

Saw the previews for this series. Wrist slingshot... wrist slingshot.... A mother fucking gay assed wrist slingshot... looks like they are gearing it specifically for the jar jar /ewoks  crowd. Not gonna waist my time.

The animation also looks like garbage. The later seasons on clone wars had damn good animation. Fuck that I guess. Kiddy retarded looking  crap for everybody!!!

Liking star wars is kinda like being a Vols fan post Payton manning.  "Maybe this year will be our year.... Wait no, stop. No!!!! They're raping me. They are raping me!!!!!"
View Quote

The wrist sling shot is due to it being a kid using it. Yeah, it's odd but would a kid with a blaster be better?

Yeah, I'm not into the animation completely either, I also feel like it has been smoothed out for the kids. They probably wanted to separate the show from CW's. I think that's a mistake personally but I'm not in charge of it.

It looks like it has potential for a good story line. Question will be how will this end? Do they slip away into obscurity like Capt Rex and Asoka Tano did with no closure? Seeing how this is merely a in between story line that doesn't seem to fit into episodes IV-VI. Plus the Force Unleashed payed out how the true Rebellion was started. Is this suppose to be a Prelude to that or is the Force Unleashed canned as non cannon EU...
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Watched it the other night with my kids when it first aired and we all enjoyed it (the wife is all BAH, HUMBUG about all things SW, but she suffered through it with us).

It's on Disney XD so it aimed at kids and tweens, and it hits its mark.  When I was my son's age I would have geeked out over this.  Still was able to enjoy it now, but mostly due to seeing them enjoy it.

Decent characters, lots of nods to the films/lore... I predict it will do very well for The House of Mouse.  

View Quote

Agreed, lots of it's success will be parents enjoying the fact that their kids enjoy it. Which is half the reason Star Wars is still as strong as it is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm still in S1 of clone wars.  Rebels didn't look the best but I'll still watch it because that's how I roll.
View Quote

On Netflix of DVD?

We got our boys the complete 5 seasons box set and they love it.

Season 6 is on Netflix and really ends the series right. The abrupt end of season 5 was awful. It was a great story in a way but for a series end it was horrible. The last 3 episodes of season 6 were perfect.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Reminds me of Firefly

First episode is good, but hardly a movie
View Quote

Yeah, they should call is a '1 hour special' over a movie.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Is this going to be online?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's also on sale at Walmart if you want to buy it. Bought it today.  It's not bad.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's also on sale at Walmart if you want to buy it. Bought it today.  It's not bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alright.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#25]
get a life!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really!?! It's already on sale as DVD...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#27]
FUCK YEAH

Just what this needed!

Only makes scene

Having entertained 6.5 million fans on its October 3 premiere on Disney Channel and Disney XD, the animated Lucasfilm TV movie "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" will make its prime-time network debut on ABC on October 26 at 7pm ET/PT -- with some extra force from the dark side.

Since "Star Wars Rebels" is set between the prequels and the original trilogy, fans will be treated to a special cameo from Darth Vader himself, voiced by James Earl Jones -- who gave the Sith Lord his original commanding tone.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh and from what I was told the second episode of on iTunes already or something like that...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FUCK YEAH

Just what this needed!

Only makes scene

View All Quotes
Quoted:
FUCK YEAH

Just what this needed!

Only makes scene

Having entertained 6.5 million fans on its October 3 premiere on Disney Channel and Disney XD, the animated Lucasfilm TV movie "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" will make its prime-time network debut on ABC on October 26 at 7pm ET/PT -- with some extra force from the dark side.

Since "Star Wars Rebels" is set between the prequels and the original trilogy, fans will be treated to a special cameo from Darth Vader himself, voiced by James Earl Jones -- who gave the Sith Lord his original commanding tone.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I will have to look into this, but first do the Clone Wars series.

For those that watched the Clone Wars, should  I watch the movie or show first?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I will have to look into this, but first do the Clone Wars series.

For those that watched the Clone Wars, should  I watch the movie or show first?
View Quote

Start with the movie, it sets up the show and introduces the 'new' characters.

Rebels has nothing to do with The Clone Wars, no need to wait to watch it.

It's as they say on ARF, an 'isolated incident'...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Watched it with my nine year old son; he liked it. I thought it was okay, not great. But then it's just a cartoon (so can't really compare it to the original Star Wars movies), and my son is the target audience not a 41 year old man.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Watched it with my nine year old son; he liked it. I thought it was okay, not great. But then it's just a cartoon (so can't really compare it to the original Star Wars movies), and my son is the target audience not a 41 year old man.
View Quote
Yep and they are really playing to that.

The Clone Wars, even though it was for kid/teens is was very adult in the fact that minus the no blood part, they killed everything and everyone. Showed Anakin going to a pretty dark place and just straight up revenge killing (not Anakin but just in the show in general) ...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Clone Wars, even though it was for kid/teens is was very adult in the fact that minus the no blood part, they killed everything and everyone. Showed Anakin going to a pretty dark place and just straight up revenge killing (not Anakin but just in the show in general) ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The episodes I liked the most were the Clone Episodes, focusing on Rex, Cody, and Domino Squad.

I was very, very upset when Palpatine had Fives killed off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The episodes I liked the most were the Clone Episodes, focusing on Rex, Cody, and Domino Squad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that was shitty, especially with how obvious Palpatine was getting towards the end of the series. Those few episodes about the biochip were a touch confusing to me. Maybe I was just over thinking it when I shouldn't. But it seemed like the Jedi weren't paying attention to Fives, even Anakin seemed more confrontational then he should have been.

My personal favorites were the last 3 episodes of season 6. Perfect way to end it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah that was shitty, especially with how obvious Palpatine was getting towards the end of the series. Those few episodes about the biochip were a touch confusing to me. Maybe I was just over thinking it when I shouldn't. But it seemed like the Jedi weren't paying attention to Fives, even Anakin seemed more confrontational then he should have been.

My personal favorites were the last 3 episodes of season 6. Perfect way to end it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Jedi in the Prequel timeframe have always acted like complete dumbasses. All you had to do to figure Palpatine out was add 2+2. Who seemed to benefit from every crisis that popped up? Who seemed content to send Jedi on constant suicide missions when their were people much better suited for the job (such as Republic Commandos, who are cannon as of Disney's policy)? I mean, it wasn't that hard to figure out, and yet EVERYONE right up until the beginning of Ep.3 seemed to think he was a jolly old gent.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#37]
If you haven't seen any of the animated LEGO Star Wars shows, they are well worth watching. I watched them with my son and was pleasantly surprised at how well done they were. I don't remember all of them, but I think some were Star Wars the Empire Strikes Out, Padawan Menace, and Yoda Chronicles (might have been one or two more, I don't remember).
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If you haven't seen any of the animated LEGO Star Wars shows, they are well worth watching. I watched them with my son and was pleasantly surprised at how well done they were. I don't remember all of them, but I think some were Star Wars the Empire Strikes Out, Padawan Menace, and Yoda Chronicles (might have been one or two more, I don't remember).
View Quote

Yeah we have watched a few of those. The kids really get into them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Spark of Rebellion was episodes 1 & 2. Episode 3 is online now. Watch it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Spark of Rebellion was episodes 1 & 2. Episode 3 is online now. Watch it.
View Quote

I will!

And I am so happy that they made ISB canon!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I saw the premiere on Disney last week, thought it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck yes, R2 and 3P0!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I watched it with my kids, and I might be over thinking this but the guy in the end the inquisitor I think was his name is he a sith if so I thought that there was only 2 sith at a time not 3
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I watched it with my kids, and I might be over thinking this but the guy in the end the inquisitor I think was his name is he a sith if so I thought that there was only 2 sith at a time not 3
View Quote

No iirc he is actually based on another character from the comics. Was it the Force Unleashed? Not an official sith but more like an assassin for Darth Vader. If my memory serves me well….  But I can't remember.

In the comics Vader keeps secret apprentices from the Emperor.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck yes, R2 and 3P0!
View Quote

Yep. I like the way it ended.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

There are six episodes so far in the Yoda Chronicles:

The Phantom Clone

Menace of the Sith

Attack of the Jedi

Escape from the Jedi Temple

Race for the Holocrons

Raid on Coruscant

Probably the rest from now on will be Yoda Chronicles.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Series has potential.  From what I read it happens between III and IV (as also hinted in Obi Wan's hologram message), but it is supposed to directly tied into the events (or at least some of) VII filming now.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#48]
What channel?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

What channel?
View Quote

Disney XD for regular broadcasts starting Monday night.  Both Disney and XD (maybe just XD now) for the special, IIRC running about 4 times a day.  It's heavy rotation.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#50]
i am a sci fi nerd
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top