User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whereabouts in NY? Orange County/near Middletown, or further north?

The NYSP in Orange has a pretty well deserved reputation for being flaming dicks...thankfully my interaction with them was limited.

17 is huge though, so there's lots of areas you could be talking about...I'd be surprised if you were treated like that further north, but the NYSP is it's own thing...
View Quote

For some reason, OP isn't saying, but it has to be somewhere between Harriman and Goshen.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you really think he would give another officer, retired or not a speeding ticket?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you really think he would give another officer, retired or not a speeding ticket?
View Quote

Do you have a lot of experience with State Police?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't worry. Those cops won't enforce those unconstitutional laws.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Poking the bear behind enemy lines, you have brass one sir!!!
View Quote

No shit man, stay out of enemy territory.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HOLD ON!!!!!

You were driving around with ammo cans and a gun case IN PLAIN VIEW ???????

What is that line from the movie FOREST GUMP????

Trying to remember it but it escapes me.  
View Quote

Well at least down here I wouldn't think twice about it.  If people freaked out about ammo cans and gun cases I would be surrounded by idiots.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Guy has been here longer than your drivers license said you can drink legally.  

Quoted:

That happened exactly like that
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We're still doing this? Number one, I don't care how long he's been here. Number two, when he originally posted the story he completely left out the part about flashing LE credentials. Without that fact, the story is bullshit. Without flashing LE credentials that story didn't happen. To anybody. He added that after my post. So the story didn't happen like he originally posted it, did it? Flashing credentials was the most relevant part of that exchange. Meaning my sarcasm was not misplaced.
Knock this horseshit off.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/j5AlHeT.jpg

Sounds like that little shit needs a transfer to Malone.
View Quote

My parents live up in that area. Was fun bringing my guns from there to where I live now. I made sure I kept under the speed limit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For some reason, OP isn't saying, but it has to be somewhere between Harriman and Goshen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NYSP in Orange has a pretty well deserved reputation for being flaming dicks...thankfully my interaction with them was limited.

17 is huge though, so there's lots of areas you could be talking about...I'd be surprised if you were treated like that further north, but the NYSP is it's own thing...

You pretty much read my mind Though I'd take all the way out to Middletown as well...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well done.
View Quote

Very well done.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#12]
We?  I am doing this and will continue.  When you are banned in a few months him and I will be still be here.

Quoted:

We're still doing this? Number one, I don't care how long he's been here. Number two, when he originally posted the story he completely left out the part about flashing LE credentials. Without that fact, the story is bullshit. Without flashing LE credentials that story didn't happen. To anybody. He added that after my post. So the story didn't happen like he originally posted it, did it? Flashing credentials was the most relevant part of that exchange. Meaning my sarcasm was not misplaced.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

We?  I am doing this and will continue.  When you are banned in a few months him and I will be still be here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Banned for what? And you have nothing to say about the fact that he added the LE credentials after the fact? That's not relevant? Read the whole thread (you obviously haven't)-- about half the responses note flashing credentials being the number one deciding factor on the outcome.

Being a member of a message board for fifteen years doesn't give you carte blanche to post a bullshit story and not get called on it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#14]

I will take his word over yours any day scooter.  

Quoted:

Banned for what? And you have nothing to say about the fact that he added the LE credentials after the fact? That's not relevant? Read the whole thread (you obviously haven't)-- about half the responses note flashing credentials being the number one deciding factor on the outcome.

Being a member of a message board for fifteen years doesn't give you carte blanche to post a bullshit story and not get called on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#15]
That's why I don't visit family in NY. I love them dearly, but they can come to PA.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I want to see the gun sniffing dog.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I also asked him if the SAFETY act was the same as the SAFETY act. He didn't answer.
View Quote

Looks the same to me...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#18]
i assume you showed him your LEretirement creds *after* he spouted out about the gun sniffing dog?

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

are you retarded?  FFS even a cop (and a NY one at that) came in here and said that fact hes retired LE changed the whole story.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#19]

The GD experts haven't heard of gun/explosive sniffing dogs.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You pretty much read my mind Though I'd take all the way out to Middletown as well...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shortest way to PA after getting off the Thruway in Harriman has you take exit 123 in Goshen.  But yeah, he might have taken 17 all the way to I-84.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trying to figure out your point?

Are you saying you would have called BS if he was not a former LEO and he got away with it or are you saying ....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why?  You're not allowed to visit family?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After about 20 minutes of sitting in his car he told me he was letting me go and to slow it down.  I then reached for my driver's license and inserted it back into my DOJ credentials holder.  The trooper reached for my creds and then lit into me for not giving him my credentials when he first pulled me over.  I informed him that if I had done that and it got reported to the agency I worked for at the time I would be put under investigation and I could be terminated from employment.

Why?  You're not allowed to visit family?

Huh?  Not allowed to present DOJ credentials in order to attempt to influence law enforcement to avoid a ticket.  I've know of police officers who called OIG in Washington, DC after highly positioned Senior Executive Service staff in the DOJ flashed their creds in an attempt to avoid tickets.  I as a lowly line employee knew enough that showing creds was worse than getting a ticket.  I talked my way out of many tickets over the years, I think I've only received 2 speeding tickets in my life.

Did receive 4 tickets after an accident once, but 3 were thrown out by a very nice female judge that chewed out the police officer that gave them to me and yelled at the prosecutor for bringing me to trial and wasting her time.  I told her I was at fault for the accident and would gladly pay a ticket for not maintaining control of my vehicle.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We're getting a whole new crop of fresh pricks this year same as last.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously???  You're calling out a guy who's been a good member here since '02?!
Wow.

We're getting a whole new crop of fresh pricks this year same as last.

And most of these fresh faces are looking to make a mark somehow.  Making a splash means promotions, raises, etc.  

Constitutional rights?  You have them.  But we have a system of laws, and they passed this law see, I just enforce it.  And if I visibly enforce the really politically hot ones, I'll get promoted!!!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:39:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This. Good job Sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well done.

This. Good job Sir.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Good stuff Op,don't give an inch.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Are you saying you would have called BS if he was not a former LEO and he got away with it or are you saying ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The point is that the op was trying to paint himself as a would-be martyr for the cause, a regular champion of gun rights, when in reality he was in no danger of any negative outcome due to his being in "the club".
You aren't sticking it to the man when you are the man. The next person that got pulled over didn't have a free pass.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#27]
OP, Great story but I really love your avatar CHIEF.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The GD experts haven't heard of gun/explosive sniffing dogs.

View Quote

It's amazing what they think they know, that they don't know when it comes to a cops job.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Shortest way to PA after getting off the Thruway in Harriman has you take exit 123 in Goshen.  But yeah, he might have taken 17 all the way to I-84.

View Quote

Yeah, sometimes I go that way, usually I just take 84 all the way to 17 though; avoids the local traffic in Goshen.

Plus, it avoids driving past Bob's...which makes me shake my head and mutter how much of a shame it is now. Sigh. Though I hear "Rick" has totally given up and closed it down, which was not a shock to hear.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#30]
You did the right thing OP.  Fuck that guy and his amendment violating "laws."
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top