NY on 17 North.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
where at?

NY on 17 North.....

Got stopped there numerous times when my gf was at Cornell. Membership has it's privileges.
ETA: The upstate troopers were always better then the ones on Long Island.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This. Good job Sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well done.

This. Good job Sir.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Was this a state RT 17 or a county RT?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

they have dogs that can sniff out explosives.  So I wouldn't doubt they have dogs sniff out guns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the cops have gun sniffing dogs. lol

Are the cops carrying guns when they are running the dog?

The only "gun sniffing" dogs I have heard of are game warden dogs that look for spent shell casings, but can find guns also. Never heard of anyone else having them because sniffing guns doesn't generate revenues for departments like sniffing drugs.

You would be hard pressed to convince me as a juror that a dog found a gun in a car if a trooper was wearing a gun, or had had a gun on earlier, while he was looking for a gun. lol

Think about that for a second.

That is like a 100% chance the dog will alert.

A Police K-9 pointed out my truck at work one time, there just happened to be firearms inside

you tell me

they have dogs that can sniff out explosives.  So I wouldn't doubt they have dogs sniff out guns

For crying out loud, Here the Fish Police have dogs that sniff out Lobster.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes I probably wouldn't have said shit and let him look. If I had guns I'd refuse the consent to search and roll the dice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would you have acted differently if you didn't have your LE creds on you?  ( Serious Question)

Yes I probably wouldn't have said shit and let him look. If I had guns I'd refuse the consent to search and roll the dice.

Just say No sir, ewe guns are icky and only police should have them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP, what part of 17?  Town or Exit Number?  You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.
View Quote

17 is a stretch. What part of 17?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Poking the bear behind enemy lines, you have brass one sir!!!
View Quote

Not poking the bear.  Being smart.

I have no idea what is legal or illegal in New York (and common sense sure doesn't have much to do with that), so I'd just as soon not have them poking around in my car, either.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have no idea what is legal or illegal in New York (and common sense sure doesn't have much to do with that), so I'd just as soon not have them poking around in my car, either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the problem, I can guarantee you empty ammo cans and an empty pelican case is not illegal, when we have to be afraid of driving around with empty boxes its all over, the country is done, might as well roll over.

Its sad we have come to this....
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For crying out loud, Here the Fish Police have dogs that sniff out Lobster.
View Quote

They must suck at sniffing them out, since I've seen Maine lobster festivals down there in Florida. Send the dogs up here for proper training
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

fpni
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fpni

i guess you guys missed the part where he showed his retired LE credentials.    That's a big deal.  especially on the East Coast.    

Good job sticking up for the 4th, but he's operating under an entirely different set of rules.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I guess you guys missed the part where he showed his retired LE credentials.    That's a big deal.  especially on the East Coast.    
Good job sticking up for the 4th, but he's operating under an entirely different set of rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fpni

I guess you guys missed the part where he showed his retired LE credentials.    That's a big deal.  especially on the East Coast.    

This.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fpni

This.

That.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#15]
What would be the problem with full ammo cans? I get the pelican case with the safe act but ammo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Speeding on 17 w/ visible gun stuff.

OP is retarded.
View Quote

No. OP is a free American citizen.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is retarded.

OP had a get out of jail free card.

Not blaming you or anything... but stops much like this one have resulted in life altering actions in the past.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP is retarded.

BINGO and Bingo was his name O.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
HOLD ON!!!!!

You were driving around with ammo cans and a gun case IN PLAIN VIEW ???????

What is that line from the movie FOREST GUMP????

Trying to remember it but it escapes me.  
View Quote

Right. Why would a retired LE keep such theft bait out in plain view? At least conceal it if you dont have a trunk. Asking for a brick through the window from some banger.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Right. Why would a retired LE keep such theft bait out in plain view? At least conceal it if you dont have a trunk. Asking for a brick through the window from some banger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOLD ON!!!!!

You were driving around with ammo cans and a gun case IN PLAIN VIEW ???????

What is that line from the movie FOREST GUMP????

Trying to remember it but it escapes me.  

I don't generally worry about thieves stealing shit out of my car while it's moving 60+ mph either.

Unless you're talking about cops trying to fuck your life up for having ammo cans and gun cases, then yeah.  Of course the same type of asshole who would ask "what's in the can" and threaten to manufacture cause to search without your consent is probably almost as likely to give you a bunch of bullshit for having stuff he can't see under a blanket.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Well done, OP.

Quoted:

That happened exactly like that
View Quote
Nice screen name.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Fucking asshole cop
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Good for you OP.

Good people have died for our Fourth Amendment Right and we should all exercise it.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#24]
They are welcome to get some magic dog, but they cannot extend the stop to do so.

US v Place
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

NY on 17 North.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where at?

NY on 17 North.....

17 is east west.  You mean 16?  What county and what was the trooper's name?  I know LOTS of them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fucking asshole cop
View Quote

Who, the OP?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#27]
If a "Gun Sniffing Dog" exists - wouldn't they just be tipped off by the officers carrying a firearm?

Seems like a pretty specious "test"
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Seriously???  You're calling out a guy who's been a good member here since '02?!
Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That happened exactly like that

Seriously???  You're calling out a guy who's been a good member here since '02?!
Wow.

I wonder what his previous username was?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They are welcome to get some magic dog, but they cannot extend the stop to do so.

US v Place
View Quote

Illinois v. Caballes is where you get the time limitations.  In that one it dd take 10 minutes from stop to finding the drugs.

Also, I want a gun sniffing dog!  I've lost more than a couple guns, including a pistol stuck in the lining of a safe for nearly 2 years.  Also, it would be great for driving by garage sales.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is the problem, I can guarantee you empty ammo cans and an empty pelican case is not illegal, when we have to be afraid of driving around with empty boxes its all over, the country is done, might as well roll over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bet that those empty cans won't be exactly empty after tying up a canine crew for an hour or two.  There will be a round or two "that you just must have missed."

You will beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I was pulled over in MO in 2002 on 44 for "speeding".  Trooper had a GSD in the back seat for drug sniffing.  I had a new vehicle with temporary plates from Arizona.  Factory tinted windows on my SUV and luggage behind the front seats and in the back hatch.

Trooper asked for my paperwork and had me come sit in his vehicle.  Started asking me what I had in the vehicle.  Told him I was heading to St. Louis to my sister's house and then to family in Michigan.  Said I had clothes, a computer and hunting gear.  Trooper asked what was in the green nylon duffle bag behind the driver's seat.  I told him my dirty clothes.  He asked if I was sure it was just clothes?  I told him if he wanted to paw through my dirty underwear in the green bag I would get it out of the vehicle for him.

Trooper asked me if I was carrying anything else in the vehicle.  I told him yes, in the very back I was carrying a couple of AK's and AR's.  Is there a problem with that?  He told me no, no problem, guns are legal in Missouri.

After about 20 minutes of sitting in his car he told me he was letting me go and to slow it down.  I then reached for my driver's license and inserted it back into my DOJ credentials holder.  The trooper reached for my creds and then lit into me for not giving him my credentials when he first pulled me over.  I informed him that if I had done that and it got reported to the agency I worked for at the time I would be put under investigation and I could be terminated from employment.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Should have stopped at the gas station and asked how his "crime call" went....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#33]

I call BS. You didn't mouth. I think you exaggerated the encounter
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll bet that those empty cans won't be exactly empty after tying up a canine crew for an hour or two.  There will be a round or two "that you just must have missed."
You will beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride...
View Quote

The ride for what?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I guess the dog has Monday's off.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#36]
If it was an RCMP stop they would have searched regardless.

Good for you OP !
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was pulled over in MO in 2002 on 44 for "speeding".  Trooper had a GSD in the back seat for drug sniffing.  I had a new vehicle with temporary plates from Arizona.  Factory tinted windows on my SUV and luggage behind the front seats and in the back hatch.

Trooper asked for my paperwork and had me come sit in his vehicle.  Started asking me what I had in the vehicle.  Told him I was heading to St. Louis to my sister's house and then to family in Michigan.  Said I had clothes, a computer and hunting gear.  Trooper asked what was in the green nylon duffle bag behind the driver's seat.  I told him my dirty clothes.  He asked if I was sure it was just clothes?  I told him if he wanted to paw through my dirty underwear in the green bag I would get it out of the vehicle for him.

Trooper asked me if I was carrying anything else in the vehicle.  I told him yes, in the very back I was carrying a couple of AK's and AR's.  Is there a problem with that?  He told me no, no problem, guns are legal in Missouri.

After about 20 minutes of sitting in his car he told me he was letting me go and to slow it down.  I then reached for my driver's license and inserted it back into my DOJ credentials holder.  The trooper reached for my creds and then lit into me for not giving him my credentials when he first pulled me over.  I informed him that if I had done that and it got reported to the agency I worked for at the time I would be put under investigation and I could be terminated from employment.
View Quote

Knew a guy that happened to.  Got pulled over on the way to work.  Didn't have his DL on him so the Trooper asked for another form of ID.  Guy gives him his creds to verify his identity.  Trooper verifies he has a DL on the computer and permitted to be on his way.

Couple days later he is giving a statement to OIG and investigated for "flashing his creds."  Turns out the Trooper called his boss.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But he was dying to get in those cans.
View Quote

This strikes me as comical.  Of course, I have a very juvenile sense of humor, at times.

"CANS! LET ME SEE YOUR CANS!"
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:24:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Couple days later he is giving a statement to OIG and investigated for "flashing his creds."  Turns out the Trooper called his boss.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2U3suqfWRz8/0.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, but a number of members here have stated before when I told the story previously that I was using the credentials to get out of a ticket.  Last thing you want to do when working for any government agency.  Made too much money to lose a job over a ticket.  I have been pulled over many times in my life, gotten very few tickets.  If I was speeding I admit it, most police officers will give you a warning.

Did get a ticket once when pulled over by an officer sitting outside the hotel I and about 50 other employees were staying at in South Dakota for a month once.  

My violation, according to the officer when he handed me a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign I had stopped at? "I worked for those motherf**ckers that didn't hire him."  

We had 50 openings at the place we were activating and over 3,000 people applied for the jobs.  We were selective in our hiring, most new hires had college degrees.  I was out $200.00 but his mistake was that I was then shortly afterwards appointed to sit on the interview board for those applying for employment.  He never got an interview for future openings.  I had one of his co-workers from the local police station let him know his stunt got his paperwork shit-canned.  The paperwork was current for 1 year from application, I was there for 4 years and made sure he wasn't getting hired.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:37:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
gun sniffing dog?

#JBT
View Quote

We've used our bomb dog to locate handguns tossed out in fields. It's not the guns theyre sensing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:55:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

i guess you guys missed the part where he showed his retired LE credentials.    That's a big deal.  especially on the East Coast.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fpni

As I saw posted in another gun forum years ago ......"flash Masterbadge and all is well among friends".
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:05:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You would be hard pressed to convince me as a juror that a dog found a gun in a car if a trooper was wearing a gun, or had had a gun on earlier, while he was looking for a gun. lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the cops have gun sniffing dogs. lol

Are the cops carrying guns when they are running the dog?

The only "gun sniffing" dogs I have heard of are game warden dogs that look for spent shell casings, but can find guns also. Never heard of anyone else having them because sniffing guns doesn't generate revenues for departments like sniffing drugs.

Dogs search a targeted area.
We've used our dogs to help locate tossed firearms many times. Funny we all had weapons but the dog did his job.
Most bomb dogs can detect smokeless powder along with lots of other explosive compositions. Hmmmm wonder what's in bullets?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:11:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
depends on the state.  Most cops I know in AZ would not enforce them. (there's always going to be a few who would)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry. Those cops won't enforce those unconstitutional laws.

depends on the state.  Most cops I know in AZ would not enforce them. (there's always going to be a few who would)

I would....

ask if I could shoot with him the next time he was at the range....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:18:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
Poke harder. All of these Freedom restrictions need a quick death. The more painful for LE To harass the public the sooner they get sick of the B.S..

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:24:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Whereabouts in NY? Orange County/near Middletown, or further north?

The NYSP in Orange has a pretty well deserved reputation for being flaming dicks...thankfully my interaction with them was limited.

17 is huge though, so there's lots of areas you could be talking about...I'd be surprised if you were treated like that further north, but the NYSP is it's own thing...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:20:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fpni

This.

That.

And like this and uh.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Keep telling yourselves police are there for your protection and not your oppression
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#48]
The US Supreme Court says you cannot be detained beyond a reasonable time for the traffic stop to conclude to wait for the dog.
It's the cops' job to get the dog there quickly, not yours to wait.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yeah, but a number of members here have stated before when I told the story previously that I was using the credentials to get out of a ticket.  Last thing you want to do when working for any government agency.  Made too much money to lose a job over a ticket.  I have been pulled over many times in my life, gotten very few tickets.  If I was speeding I admit it, most police officers will give you a warning.

Did get a ticket once when pulled over by an officer sitting outside the hotel I and about 50 other employees were staying at in South Dakota for a month once.  

My violation, according to the officer when he handed me a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign I had stopped at? "I worked for those motherf**ckers that didn't hire him."  

We had 50 openings at the place we were activating and over 3,000 people applied for the jobs.  We were selective in our hiring, most new hires had college degrees.  I was out $200.00 but his mistake was that I was then shortly afterwards appointed to sit on the interview board for those applying for employment.  He never got an interview for future openings.  I had one of his co-workers from the local police station let him know his stunt got his paperwork shit-canned.  The paperwork was current for 1 year from application, I was there for 4 years and made sure he wasn't getting hired.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2U3suqfWRz8/0.jpg

I love this story.

Not because it happened to a cop, but because it happened to a petty douchebag.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?  You're not allowed to visit family?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top