Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/2/2014 3:18:43 PM EDT
Flu season is going to suck this year.

Two patients in Kentucky with Ebola-like symptoms have been quarantined for examination.

After the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the US, doctors say they don't want to take any risks even though the two patients in Kentucky tested negative for the infection.

"The business of detecting it and finding out what it is, we're in good shape. If we get cases we need to be working more closely with the hospitals to see how we will manage individual cases," said Dr. Rice Leach, commissioner of health at the Fayette County Health Department. " But where did you get it, what is it, and who did you give it to? So far we're in great shape because we've practiced this thing three times going back as far as Anthrax, H1N1 and vaccine shortage 10 years ago."
View Quote

http://www.lex18.com/news/two-patients-quarantined-in-kentucky-with-ebola-like-symptoms/
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Flu season is going to suck this year.

Two patients in Kentucky with Ebola-like symptoms have been quarantined for examination.

After the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the US, doctors say they don't want to take any risks even though the two patients in Kentucky tested negative for the infection.

"The business of detecting it and finding out what it is, we're in good shape. If we get cases we need to be working more closely with the hospitals to see how we will manage individual cases," said Dr. Rice Leach, commissioner of health at the Fayette County Health Department. " But where did you get it, what is it, and who did you give it to? So far we're in great shape because we've practiced this thing three times going back as far as Anthrax, H1N1 and vaccine shortage 10 years ago."
View Quote

http://www.lex18.com/news/two-patients-quarantined-in-kentucky-with-ebola-like-symptoms/
View Quote

Dadnabbit, I was just logging in to post this......
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Who's going to be paying for these quarantines?

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Pay for..... GWOE!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Sat next to the Dallas case on the flight over?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Assuming we only had one guy that carried it in.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish we could quarantine the threads.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have not banned direct flight from Liberia, so we could still have infected coming in.

All they have to do is lie to the airport screeners in Liberia.  Looks like US Customs/immigration doesn't care as long as they don't bring fruit or vegetables with them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

In a perfect world, Site Staff would create one thread, highlight it, bold it, and name it something like "THE OFFICIAL EBOLA DISCUSSION THREAD", much like we had for the Zimmerman trial.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it rectal bleeding? because I mean Kentucky...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In a perfect world, Site Staff would create one thread, highlight it, bold it, and name it something like "THE OFFICIAL EBOLA DISCUSSION THREAD", much like we had for the Zimmerman trial.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liken it to the constant Ron Paul threads we had during the primaries. It got so bad (nearly all of GD was nothing but new Ron Paul threads), that they were forced to consolidate them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I liken it to the constant Ron Paul threads we had during the primaries. It got so bad (nearly all of GD was nothing but new Ron Paul threads), that they were forced to consolidate them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a life member with over 100k posts... go pull some strings with site staff and fix it. One fast moving thread is better than 40 new threads per day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Ron Paul wants everyone to catch ebola.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You are a life member with over 100k posts... go pull some strings with site staff and fix it. One fast moving thread is better than 40 new threads per day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't listen to me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a public health risk, so who do you think?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They don't listen to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't listen to me.

neither do we
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They don't listen to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't listen to me.

I suppose you haven't lived down the great torrent discussion.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Are you stoned, weighing your kitchen scraps and making $15/hr at BK, because I mean Washington...

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Shep says it's fine, so it's probably fine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#19]
The problem with ebola-like symptoms is dozens of other diseases have the same.  I suspect almost everyone has experienced ebola-like symptoms at some point in their lives.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are you stoned, weighing your kitchen scraps and making $15/hr at BK, because I mean Washington...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, at work.
No, at work, and don't live in Seattle.
No, I don't work in SeaTac, don't make minimum wage anyway.

You could have gone with "Killed due to carnal knowledge of a horse" But that's Enumclaw. Everyone makes fun of Enumclaw.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who knows, it could be the tax payers or the patients if Gov wants to fuck them even harder.

If .Gov did its damn job banned all flights from Africa and all people whom been to Africa from entering the US, I doubt these quarantines would even be necessary.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Who knows, it could be the tax payers or the patients if Gov wants to fuck them even harder.

If .Gov did its damn job banned all flights from Africa and all people whom been to Africa from entering the US, I doubt these quarantines would even be necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Texas patient came through Belgium.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They don't listen to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't listen to me.

Then start up Subnet radio and at least give us some tunes, man!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is practically Denmark... And they fuck geese in Denmark. Or so I have been led to believe.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The problem with ebola-like symptoms is dozens of other diseases have the same.  I suspect almost everyone has experienced ebola-like symptoms at some point in their lives.
View Quote

I thought I would die with Noro Virus.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of passport does he have and don't they stamp passports upon entry any more?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Which is practically Denmark... And they fuck geese in Denmark. Or so I have been led to believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only as a connector to the US.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd like to know, did the guy have a Nigerian passport; if so, WTF!!!!  Why wasn't he stopped?  At lease he didn't bring any tobacco or alcohol in  From what I understand, that's the only questions being asked currently.  When will people wake up and realize the government can't protect us from anything!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ron Paul wants everyone to catch ebola.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Ebola
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Relax.

Bird flu is very different from Ebola.
View Quote

But we don't know how Ebola is transmitted!!!  Maybe its bird herpes!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd like to know, did the guy have a Nigerian passport; if so, WTF!!!!  Why wasn't he stopped?  At lease he didn't bring any tobacco or alcohol in  From what I understand, that's the only questions being asked currently.  When will people wake up and realize the government can't protect us from anything!!!
View Quote

Which is why I ordered a box of masks from Amazon today.  If nothing comes from this (which is exactly what I think) I can use them anyway.  If the worst happens I'll have at least a few and not be behind the 8 ball when the shelves are empty.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Can we stop this type post and only create them when ebola is confirmed?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Horribly written article - the included video clip reveals that these weren't recent quarantines - they occurred earlier in the summer and tested definitively negative for ebola.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Just wait till the seasonal Influenza starts everyone will think they have Ebola. Panic will ensue.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Mmmmhhhhhh. Flu season.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#38]
see..they were right--no new cases in TX
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#39]
WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can we stop this type post and only create them when ebola is confirmed?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, fuck me running......They aouta have something like a little booklet from your country of origin, which has the date of arrival and departure of every county visited...

Why is nobody looking into this?        

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Which is why I ordered a box of masks from Amazon today.  If nothing comes from this (which is exactly what I think) I can use them anyway.  If the worst happens I'll have at least a few and not be behind the 8 ball when the shelves are empty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck P Mags and 22LR im neckbearding N95 masks
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Yal fukers can make fun all you want. This could be some very serious shit in this country.

And when your wives and children are laying their bleeding out their ass it won't be so fuking funny then now will it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

stereotypes exist for a reason
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yal fukers can make fun all you want. This could be some very serious shit in this country.

And when your wives and children are laying their bleeding out their ass it won't be so fuking funny then now will it?
View Quote
Calm down, fella.  

I have no wife or kids.  Nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

well, fuck me running......They aouta have something like a little booklet from your country of origin, which has the date of arrival and departure of every county visited...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every airline publishes an itinerary for each passenger, you get a print out with your tickets, It's on file for all of .gov to see.

Of course that is asking too much for our .gov to check.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Ebola Korea is best ebola

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top