Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Congress should immediately appropriate $387,000,000 to give every one of the 43M food stamp recipients $9 to buy one of these skins. Think of the economic stimulus!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The .gov should not allow this and inform stores that any EBT card that has been defaced like this cannot be accepted.  The recipients need to be shamed as much as possible when they use these cards in order to motivate them to get off public assistance.  Although when 9/10 people in the line are paying with EBT there won't be much shaming.

I've never seen one in person but maybe that's because I didn't realize what I was looking at.  The people selling these skins should be ashamed of themselves.

Why?

Because they, the people marketing the skins, are trivializing the use of the EBT card and making a profit on it at the tax-payers expense.   Any surplus money these recipients have should go to getting them off public assistance and not making it less embarrassing for them to be on it.  Its probably a pipe dream but I can hope cant I.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I notice that it has the proper abbreviation right on the front of the card.

FSC.

Free Shit Card.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]

I think every EBT card in America ought to come with a picture of Obama on it.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]
How appropriate.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Clicked on the thread because I had no clue what an EBT 'skin' was

Also I wouldn't know if someone was using an EBT card or a debit / credit card. You would have to get awfully close to someone to observe the difference I would think. Plus I have never seen an EBT card so maybe I wouldn't even recognize one as such in the 1st place

Myself I would rather see an EBT card abused by 100 different adults if it meant 1 kid did not have to go to bed hungry.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Also I wouldn't know if someone was using an EBT card or a debit / credit card. You would have to get awfully close to someone to observe the difference I would think. Plus I have never seen an EBT card so maybe I wouldn't even recognize one as such in the 1st place

Myself I would rather see an EBT card abused by 100 different adults if it meant 1 kid did not have to go to bed hungry.
View Quote

Those EBT cards are paid for by people who work... and have kids of their own.

Anyways, we have a childhood obesity problem in this country.  Guess where that problem is most heavily concentrated...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:47:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I can appreciate your attitude, but in my experience EBT has exactly zero to do with feeding kids. I've seen people hoard fill their vending machines, throw parties, buy things and turn in aluminum cans, buy beer and tobacco, steaks shrimp lobster, slim jims and chips, but never, NEVER ONCE  have I seen anything purchased that is healthy for a child. EBT is about purchasing votes and loyalty.
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Sigh. How can a non-Obama voter exist in this world and not be horribly depressed?

EDIT: "Falling Leaves"
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I need a skin for my Visa card that says NOT A FREELOADING GOVERNMENT TIT-SUCKING WELFARE PARASITE
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He's saying the people making and selling this product should be ashamed.   I find it unlikely that they're on any kind of welfare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The .gov should not allow this and inform stores that any EBT card that has been defaced like this cannot be accepted.  The recipients need to be shamed as much as possible when they use these cards in order to motivate them to get off public assistance.  Although when 9/10 people in the line are paying with EBT there won't be much shaming.

I've never seen one in person but maybe that's because I didn't realize what I was looking at.  The people selling these skins should be ashamed of themselves.

Why?

Not sure of my sarcasm meter is calibrated correctly.

But if I couldn't feed myself and my family I would be ashamed, and think others should be as well.

He's saying the people making and selling this product should be ashamed.   I find it unlikely that they're on any kind of welfare.

You are right, I read that incorrectly.

I begrudgingly respect them for their entrepreneurial ingenuity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I notice that it has the proper abbreviation right on the front of the card.

FSC.

Free Shit Card.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Unfucking real. It's 0600, and this makes me want to drink.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So give them staples; rice, beans, flour, no name cheerios and powdered milk

A) The kids will be better fed

B) The parents will learn about DUM DUM DUM parenting

C) We will save billions in tax dollars a year

D) People will actually be encouraged to maybe, go out and find a way to make money
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#16]
"Skins" is racist.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#17]

I can see this becoming an avatar.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of those they sell?

View Quote

This idea will make some guy a millionaire.  It aligns perfectly with FSA social priorities.

"Just because you're broke doesn't mean you can't look good!"

I'm actually mad I didn't think of it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Didn't know the cards had FSC on them. "Free Shit Card"
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#21]
This is like a self-parody.

I mean, if I wanted to be as ironic and insulting as possible to the people using these cards, I would make things like this.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#22]
The people that came up with this may have the right idea.  The government is going to take from you your hard earned money through force of law so why not find a way to get some of that money back?  If you can start a company and employee a few people even better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yeah, no big deal that you're using my tax dollars for your steak, shrimp, Cheetos, cigarettes and beer but hey let's spend more of my money so you can make your EBT card pretty so you can make yourself feel better about being a leech.
View Quote
I feel you, but note that they don't feel like leeches, they feel Entitled™ to that money and you Owe It To Them™, now get back to work sucka.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#24]

What in the ever living fuck?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Can they change it from FSC to FSA?  Would be just as appropriate.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is like a self-parody.

I mean, if I wanted to be as ironic and insulting as possible to the people using these cards, I would make things like this.
View Quote

I tried selling Obama shirts at my tshirt store for a while. Never sold any. Might've had something to do with the 500% markup.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

EBT skins, and plenty of it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Have any of the site liberal-troll, obama/leech apologists shown-up to defend this yet, or straighten us out with the "real" facts? Funny how they scurry away to other threads when the bright light of the pathetic truth is shining.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not a violent man.
I would prefer just to be left alone and avoid meaningless conflict in my day-to-day dealings.

That said, I'm pretty sure if I saw one of these being used and recognized it as such, I would punch that person right in the face.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Fuck it. I'm getting some of my money back.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#31]

This about sums it up
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:28:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Posted this on FB after a recent trip to QuikTrip.

I know people need help and all, but if you use EBT to buy tea and eggs for $6 then pull a $20 out of your pocket to buy beer you're a fucking leach!
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also I wouldn't know if someone was using an EBT card or a debit / credit card. You would have to get awfully close to someone to observe the difference I would think.
View Quote

I only know what they look like because pretty much every person I ever dealt with at work had one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#34]
EBT should go back to stamps. Give them no more than month's worth at a time, make the stamps only usable by the person they are issued to, and only have cheap-ass but nutritious food available for them. If they want cheezits and pepsi they can get a damn job.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I know people need help and all, but if you use EBT to buy tea and eggs for $6 then pull a $20 out of your pocket to buy beer you're a fucking leach!

Meh, I've seen them use the EBT card to buy the beer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#36]
the day ranier, AIM, and PSA start taking ebt, I'm going on welfare.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
EBT should go back to stamps. Give them no more than month's worth at a time, make the stamps only usable by the person they are issued to, and only have cheap-ass but nutritious food available for them.
View Quote

You mean like how WIC is restricted to only certain healthy foods?

"Here's your six pack of "milk" ma'am"
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Maybe ebtskins is a site to help complile a list of these cockroaches, in the event that one day open season will be declared?  

One can hope.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can see this becoming an avatar.

http://www.ebtskin.com/img/p/3/6/36-thickbox.jpg
View All Quotes

Done
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Problem: Using an EBT card is an embarrassing and shameful social stigma.

Solution: Try to get a job as soon as possible so as to not need the EBT card in the future. Buy these hip "skins" to put over your EBT card so you can swipe with pride.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Done
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Done

The Dear Leader!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Why not a skin with a crack pipe on it?

They be racist and shit yo!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
EBT should go back to stamps. Give them no more than month's worth at a time, make the stamps only usable by the person they are issued to, and only have cheap-ass but nutritious food available for them.

ZACTLY!!! WIC at least feeds children/families healthy foods. EBTs are strictly wealth redistribution/vote-buying.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Shamed, starved, taken away...? Yeah, keep telling yourselves shit like this.. That'll make sure Obama 2.0 is elected. The problem isn't the people, it's the system that was made way too lax.
View Quote

Wat?

The problem is the people who realized they could vote for other people to put their hands into our backpockets. The people set up the system. There are more of them than there are of us.

As soon as we made voting rights universal we were fucked as a nation. Its as simple as that.

You had to have paid into the system, net, taxes for the last 5 years straight. Or retired military. That earns you lifetime voting. Otherwise no vote. That would fix things. Anything else is moving the deck chairs on the titanic.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm sure they are pretty common, but I couldn't even begin to tell you what an AR EBT card looked like.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Serious question.  How do the EBT cards work?  Once a month the .gov just loads like $500 onto it or something?  Then when that $500 runs out you just have to make due until next months reload?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The Dear Leader!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done

The Dear Leader!

Forward to regress!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

ZACTLY!!! WIC at least feeds children/families healthy foods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZACTLY!!! WIC at least feeds children/families healthy foods.

WIC is abused just like EBT. You can buy beer and cigs with WIC if you know where to shop.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#50]
This really is the end of the world as we know it.  What a disgrace.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top