Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
To think that jewish guy on TV is begging for money for persecuted and poor jews in countries without religious freedom while the Simon Wiesenthal Center wastes all these resources on killing some old Kraut my grandfather forgot to kill 70 years ago.

Perhaps The Simon Wiesenthal Center should be tending to their tribe.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see resources being spent on 90 year old war criminals.  Once they are captured I will finally be able to sleep at night knowing the streets are safe
View Quote

This.

These Nazi hunters have jumped the shark.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to see resources being spent on 90 year old war criminals.  Once they are captured I will finally be able to sleep at night knowing the streets are safe

This.

No. They are setting the right example. The message needs to be given that if you commit such crimes, you will be hounded to the very gates of hell.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
At this point why bother? It will just cost the state money funding their health care in prison.  The last guy they had on trial was senile.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
+1

A day late and a dollar short.  The Allies had their chance to take care of them after the war.  Many SS were actually recruited by the U.S. to help fight the Soviets.  People like Wernher von Braun had their past completely white-washed.  Now they want to prosecute people that were 18 or 19 when these crimes were committed?  How about the U.S. goes after Japanese war criminals.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Because the Japanese did not kill Jews.  That is what this ultimately boils down to.  That is why the Holocaust will always garner more attention than other mass killings or instances of genocide.  Other victims simply don't have the social, political, and economic capital and influence to bring this much attention to the crimes that have affected them and their ancestors as Jews do collectively.  It really is the proverbial guilt trip thrust upon the world year after year.  Honestly, part of me will be glad when everyone involved is dead so we don't have to hear about it as much anymore.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think the intent is to make it very clear that those who would attempt such genocide  will be forever hunted like the animals they are.  If you think it couldn't happen again, you are very short sighted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the intent is to make it very clear that those who would attempt such genocide  will be forever hunted like the animals they are.  If you think it couldn't happen again, you are very short sighted.

Hows that idea working with the Japanese war criminals? Oh, thats right, no one cares about them...so much so, a Federal Judge told a group of survivors from the PTO who were tortured and used as slave labor, to paraphrase, "At this point what difference does it make, you should just be thankful to be alive..."

You have to admit, the difference in how things are seen between the Germans and Japanese are night and day....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nobody likes you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The last dying gasps of an organsation that time is about to render obsolete.

Nobody likes you.

+1

Lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Because the Japanese did not kill Jews.  That is what this ultimately boils down to.  That is why the Holocaust will always garner more attention than other mass killings or instances of genocide.  Other victims simply don't have the social, political, and economic capital and influence to bring this much attention to the crimes that have affected them and their ancestors as Jews do collectively.  It really is the proverbial guilt trip thrust upon the world year after year.  Honestly, part of me will be glad when everyone involved is dead so we don't have to hear about it as much anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

A day late and a dollar short.  The Allies had their chance to take care of them after the war.  Many SS were actually recruited by the U.S. to help fight the Soviets.  People like Wernher von Braun had their past completely white-washed.  Now they want to prosecute people that were 18 or 19 when these crimes were committed?  How about the U.S. goes after Japanese war criminals.

A 88'er appears, go back to Stormfront and take that "holocaust industry" shit with you

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No. They are setting the right example. The message needs to be given that if you commit such crimes, you will be hounded to the very gates of hell.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

As I stated before plenty of genocide still going on in the world...one would figure it would be more productive to go after those committing genocide today rather than those who did 70 years ago.  Guess it's just easier to go after old men who are close to death anyways than it is to go after people who are active threats to other human lives.  This isn't making the world a better place or even setting an example, it's just revenge.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A 88'er appears, go back to Stormfront and take that "holocaust industry" shit with you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

How, then, do you reconcile the disparity of thought and action against German war criminals versus Japanese war criminals. A judge actually told a group of PTO survivors who filed suit against the Japanese government and some of their indutrial firms that it was a long time ago, and they should be happy to be alive, versus a group of holocaust survivors who sued Germany and VW I believe...they won a big payout.

There is a big disconnect there....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Give them a fair trial, and punish those who are undeniably guilty.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Intergenerational trauma...

Aka not going away.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Holy shit, this is exactly what I am talking about.  Do you also get this upset at the Armenian Genocide?  Thanks for proving my point.  This is not a controversial argument or position, the fact you take it as such only reveals its truth.  I have never denied or made light of the holocaust in any way part or form, and you totally missed my point in your rush to hysteria you stupid fuck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
hunt them, hound them, give them no peace until the grave, regardless of age..
View Quote

+1. They don't deserve to die in peace.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Did you really call Citadel-SC an 88'er?

Do you actually have something useful to say or are you already reduced to playing the Nazi card?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Cool reasonable and we'll thought out argument bro
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Citadel-SC is as far from being an 88'er as the East is from the West..........

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Very well stated Citadel.  What a fucking waste, give it a rest already.  We all know what happened.  It is terrible that it happened but it is also terrible only select groups are hunted down while others go unpunished.
I really don't think any govt or military can honestly say they have a clean track record throughout history.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sad it took this long
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GOOD
+1  

The only sad part is that they got to live their lives out in peace.  

Sad it took this long

I completely agree.

Until EVERY one of those fuckers is dead, I say keep looking for them. Don't let them live their old age in peace. Fuck 'em. They didn't giver their victims one shred of decency. They deserve none. Let them live their last days in fear wondering if this is the day they're caught, arrested, and hauled off. That's exactly the way their victims felt. Their one saving grace is that they'll get the chance for a trial. Their victims got no such thing.

The atrocities man can commit in the name of country, race, politics, etc.. know no bounds. Every perpetrator of said atrocities should be held accountable for his/her actions whether it be 5 or 50 years later. It makes no difference. There's no excuse for what was done during the holocaust. None.

It's the least humanity can do for itself.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy shit, this is exactly what I am talking about.  Do you also get this upset at the Armenian Genocide?  Thanks for proving my point.  This is not a controversial argument or position, the fact you take it as such only reveals its truth.  I have never denied or made light of the holocaust in any way part or form, and you totally missed my point in your rush to hysteria you stupid fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

It's not because the Japanese didn't kill Jews, it's because the Japanese didn't set up extermination/death camps to exterminate an entire race of people. They damn sure set up work camps and the like, but the sole purpose of those camps wasn't to exterminate a race of people. The Nazi's wanted to rid the world of Jews.

I'm not excusing any of the Japanese atrocities. Not at all. The difference in my opinion is in the intent. The Nazi's wanted to kill all the Jews. The Japs didn't have the same intentions with their prisoners.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I gotta wonder about what the Simon Wiesenthal Center has become, read their description of their Museum of Tolerance (that word is a big red flag right there...)...

"MUSEUM OF TOLERANCE - NEW YORK

The MOTNY, located in the heart of Manhattan, challenges visitors to confront bigotry and racism, and to understand the Holocaust in both historic and contemporary contexts. Through interactive workshops, exhibits, and videos, individuals explore issues of prejudice, diversity, tolerance, and cooperation in the workplace and in the community. Additionally, the MOTNY is a professional development multi-media training facility targeting educators, law enforcement officials, and state/local government practitioners. Modeled after the successful Tools for Tolerance Program at the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, the Museum of Tolerance - New York provides participants with an intense educational and experiential daylong training program. Over 10,000 adults have been trained in the Museum’s customized, professional development programs which include Tools for Tolerance®, Teaching Steps to Tolerance, Task Force Against Hate, National Institute Against Hate Crimes, Tools for Tolerance for Teens and Bridging the Gap"

Sounds like a libtard paradise....while it may have started out based on good ideals, can't say for sure what they have become is all that good....

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's not because the Japanese didn't kill Jews, it's because the Japanese didn't set up extermination/death camps to exterminate an entire race of people. They damn sure set up work camps and the like, but the sole purpose of those camps wasn't to exterminate a race of people. The Nazi's wanted to rid the world of Jews.

I'm not excusing any of the Japanese atrocities. Not at all. The difference in my opinion is in the intent. The Nazi's wanted to kill all the Jews. The Japs didn't have the same intentions with their prisoners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Bataan death march ring a bell for you? Nanking maybe?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#24]
There should never be a statute of limitations on murder. Especially, mass murder.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Why not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
A day late and a dollar short.  The Allies had their chance to take care of them after the war.  Many SS were actually recruited by the U.S. to help fight the Soviets.  People like Wernher von Braun had their past completely white-washed.  Now they want to prosecute people that were 18 or 19 when these crimes were committed? How about the U.S. goes after Japanese war criminals.

This.

You don't want to open that can of worms.

Why not?

Because quite frankly, you don't want to kill who they consider "God". I'm not even joking. Emperor should be reclassified to "Highest, most holy spirtual one" for Asian countries.

We went to great lengths to ensure the Emperor of Japan had his name un-assed and quick, up to, and including coached depositions to clear his name.
He was EXTREMELY anti-communist as well. It seemed fitting we make a political alliance with them, and posthaste.
We more or less needed a place to watch Taiwan at this point. Big Red was thumping on the door.
In trade for their criminals, we rebuilt their country exactly like we wanted it - so we could spy on that half of the globe better.

ETA:

Guy beneath me mentioned it- but really the only people we fucked hard after WWII were the Chinese. There's a reason they hate us today- and it's a good one.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Fine..ill post like a decent human being for once

1.  WE whitewashed their history in exchange for future trade oppurtunities and to rebuild their nation as we saw fit. AFAIK, there was no "operation paperclip" EQ for the japs. WE covered up everything about their POW camps, their medical experiments, ETC.

2. We nuked them, twice. (In before dresden).

3.  The largest victim was China, who wasn't exactly friendly to us post WW2.

4. No comparison, none.

It isn't "teh jooz." Its a little more complicated than that. I threw out the 88 shit as I have seen the same argumeant on Stormfront and VNN verbatim. Also, this is GD.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes, I'm sure we can get impartial, fair trials of 90+ year old people for crimes that happened sixty years ago when those people were still teenagers.  

Sorry, but any justice for these people will have to wait for the next life.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
As I stated before plenty of genocide still going on in the world...one would figure it would be more productive to go after those committing genocide today rather than those who did 70 years ago.  Guess it's just easier to go after old men who are close to death anyways than it is to go after people who are active threats to other human lives.  This isn't making the world a better place or even setting an example, it's just revenge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

You just don't get it.

These are jews hunting down the murderers of jews. They are trying to send the message that if you do this to our people "we will haunt you to the very gates of hell."

Other aggrieved people are free to do the same, or not. If these other aggrieved groups choose the path of "not," that does not give these groups  the right to criticize the jews for taking the path of "haunting their persecutors to the very gates of hell."

For example, the US is free to go after the Japanese perpetrators of genocide in WWII. We have chosen not to, for political reasons. That does not give us the right to criticize the jews for the path they have chosen. Just because we are lame-ass cowards doesn't mean the jews must be.

Get it now?

The peoples who are victims of more recent genocides need to make their own choices about what message they will send out—one of weakness, or one of strength?

Personally, I like the way the jews are handling this. America could learn a lesson from this.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It isn't "teh jooz." Its a little more complicated than that. I threw out the 88 shit as I have seen the same argumeant on Stormfront and VNN verbatim. Also, this is GD.

View Quote

Just because some morons use a valid argument, doesn't make it any less valid. Fact of the matter, ETO victims have a better PR set up than PTO victims. I say both sides are as tragic, and both perpetrators are equally heinous. One side was given a virtual pass, the other is still "hunted"....make of it as you will.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
How, then, do you reconcile the disparity of thought and action against German war criminals versus Japanese war criminals. A judge actually told a group of PTO survivors who filed suit against the Japanese government and some of their indutrial firms that it was a long time ago, and they should be happy to be alive, versus a group of holocaust survivors who sued Germany and VW I believe...they won a big payout.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

No. Two different countries—Israel vs. the US. Israel has chosen more wisely than we have.

Also, we killed off plenty of Japanese war criminals.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

Exactly. They are brainwashed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They weren't. Many Americans were upset by this. We didn't do shit to the Japanese because it would have RUINED them.
Had we been as aggressive with the Japanese as we had been with the Germans, I highly doubt they would be much better off than North Korea is today.

What those people didn't understand was that the society and culture that they existed in was so far removed from Western society that they would have imploded and hated us for 1000's of years (not an exaggeration).  

In reference to the article. They're shitbags - but give it a rest. It's been 60+ years. How the fuck do you even find a witness?  I understand the sentiment they have - but dragging a 90+ year old man (who may be innocent!) out of his home isn't gonna fix the Holocaust. It happened, it sucked. We did the best we could at the time. We prosecuted everyone we could and pardoned the rest.

With the way some of these groups act, I'm surprised they don't want to gas the kids of these people - after all they are just as guilty because they never turned "dad" or "grandad" or "great grandad" or "great great grandad" in for being in Germany in the 40's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BERLIN –  The Simon Wiesenthal Center has identified dozens of former members of Nazi mobile death squads who might still be alive, and is pushing the German government for an investigation, The Associated Press has learned.

The Wiesenthal Center's top Nazi hunter, Efraim Zuroff, told the AP on Wednesday that in September he sent the German justice and interior ministries a list of 76 men and four women who served in the so-called Einsatzgruppen.

The Einsatzgruppen, made up of primarily SS and police personnel, followed Nazi Germany's troops as they battled their way eastward in the early years of the war, rounding up and shooting Jews in the opening salvo of the Holocaust before the death camp system was up and running.

According to the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, they had killed more than a million Soviet Jews and tens of thousands of others by spring 1943.

Zuroff narrowed down the list of possible suspects by choosing the youngest from a list of some 1,100 with dates of birth known to his organization, from the estimated 3,000 members of the death squads.

All 80 would be very old if still alive, born between 1920 and 1924, Zuroff said.

"Time is running out," he said in a telephone interview from Jerusalem. "Something has to be done."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/01/apnewsbreak-wiesenthal-center-pushes-germany-for-new-probe-nazi-mobile-death/?intcmp=latestnews

these people need to give it a rest.  Even if someone is accused how in the hell could they receive a fair trial when witnesses they could call in their defense are likely deceased. They want revenge, not justice.

That is about my take on it. It's a misappropriation of government resources to go hunting for 90 year olds and then have the trial end with what will most likely be a kangaroo court. I would love to know if the Japanese war criminals are hunted with the same fervor.

They weren't. Many Americans were upset by this. We didn't do shit to the Japanese because it would have RUINED them.
Had we been as aggressive with the Japanese as we had been with the Germans, I highly doubt they would be much better off than North Korea is today.

What those people didn't understand was that the society and culture that they existed in was so far removed from Western society that they would have imploded and hated us for 1000's of years (not an exaggeration).  

In reference to the article. They're shitbags - but give it a rest. It's been 60+ years. How the fuck do you even find a witness?  I understand the sentiment they have - but dragging a 90+ year old man (who may be innocent!) out of his home isn't gonna fix the Holocaust. It happened, it sucked. We did the best we could at the time. We prosecuted everyone we could and pardoned the rest.

With the way some of these groups act, I'm surprised they don't want to gas the kids of these people - after all they are just as guilty because they never turned "dad" or "grandad" or "great grandad" or "great great grandad" in for being in Germany in the 40's.

Excellent.

I wonder if in the future, say 50 years from now, I too will be rounded up for my participation in the war in Iraq?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#34]
There has got to be a few SS Bugle/Drummer boys still alive . Go get them $imon !
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
hunt them, hound them, give them no peace until the grave, regardless of age..
View Quote

This.  Fuck any other progressive basement dweller thinking.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No. Two different countries—Israel vs. the US. Israel has chosen more wisely than we have.  

View Quote

But not all of them...the Japanese were / are given a pass for their transgressions...I am sure there are many reasons, but the fact remains...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There has got to be a few SS Bugle/Drummer boys still alive . Go get them $imon !
View Quote

What about the last pope? Fuck him, he wore a swastika...and I'll bet it was made by a Jewish prisoner. He is guilty of war crimes!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

I didn't miss Bataan or Nanking. I wasn't excusing the atrocities. That said, the atrocities weren't systematic (as in camps all over the country to exterminate a race of people) in an effort to rid the world of Chinese or Americans.

The Japanese were horrible conquerors. Their behavior was brutal, and their actions were most definitely war crimes. That said, they weren't out to rid the world of a group of people. The Chinese feel differently, and with good reason. If the Chinese were looking for war criminals, I'd be willing to bet they'd have the blessing of the world. For whatever reason, they aren't looking. The Jews are. More power to them.

My honest thought is if you're a war criminal, then you damn sure deserve to be hunted until the day you die. That kind of person deserves to live in fear that they will be captured and their acts seen by the world, and then they should answer for those crimes. After their time on earth is up, they can deal with the punishment deal by The Almighty.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What about the last pope? Fuck him, he wore a swastika...and I'll bet it was made by a Jewish prisoner. He is guilty of war crimes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? Do you have a source?

I have heard that the Pope was part of the Nazi movement as a child but never looked into it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#40]

-snip-

Excellent.

I wonder if in the future, say 50 years from now, I too will be rounded up for my participation in the war in Iraq?
View Quote

Not likely in your lifetime. The 3rd World Countries we're fighting are a farcry from Japan / Germany who were solidly 2nd/1st world, respectively.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have heard that the Pope was part of the Nazi movement as a child but never looked into it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was a member of the Hitler Jugend, so he did indeed wear a swastika....

ETA Of course joining the HJ was pretty much the equivalent of joining the scouts, so saying he was part of the "Nazi movement" is a major stretch...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

yup....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The last dying gasps of an organsation that time is about to render obsolete.

yup....

Those so-called Palestinians ain't getting any younger you know.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You just don't get it.  

These are jews hunting down the murderers of jews. They are trying to send the message that if you do this to our people "we will haunt you to the very gates of hell."

Other aggrieved people are free to do the same, or not. If these other aggrieved groups choose the path of "not," that does not give these groups  the right to criticize the jews for taking the path of "haunting their persecutors to the very gates of hell."

For example, the US is free to go after the Japanese perpetrators of genocide in WWII. We have chosen not to, for political reasons. That does not give us the right to criticize the jews for the path they have chosen. Just because we are lame-ass cowards doesn't mean the jews must be.

Get it now?

The peoples who are victims of more recent genocides need to make their own choices about what message they will send out—one of weakness, or one of strength?

Personally, I like the way the jews are handling this. America could learn a lesson from this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

You just don't get it.  

Get it now?

I get it, I just really don't give a fuck.  They are seeking revenge, plain and simple.    

As I stated, a waste of resources.  Germany would be better off using its time and resources going after real time threats like ISIS than to help someone get revenge for what happened 70 years ago.  People are getting killed right now, maybe governments should give that priority before kicking down retirement home doors.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am entirely OK with that making that particular example.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
But not all of them...the Japanese were / are given a pass for their transgressions...I am sure there are many reasons, but the fact remains...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact remains that the US chose to not hunt them down, for a host of reasons.

One of those reasons is that the Japanese desired conquest but were were not acting out of a desire to wipe a whole religious/ethnic group off the map, whereas the Germans unquestionably were trying to do that very thing.

The fact about the US's choice has no bearing on the choice made by the Israelis to hunt down those whose whole intent was to wipe their kind off the map.  What the Germans did in WWII is very personal to the Israelis, in a way that what the Japanese did in WWII is not personal to most Americans.

Personally, I think the Israelis are sending out the right message. YMMV and all that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Look at me! Look at me!

I'm still relevant!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

ETA Of course joining the HJ was pretty much the equivalent of joining the scouts, so saying he was part of the "Nazi movement" is a major stretch...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, he sounds guilty to me....round him up!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I get it, I just really don't give a fuck.  They are seeking revenge, plain and simple.    

As I stated, a waste of resources.  Germany would be better off using its time and resources going after real time threats like ISIS than to help someone get revenge for what happened 70 years ago.  People are getting killed right now, maybe governments should give that priority before kicking down retirement home doors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

You just don't get it.  

Get it now?

You are entitled to your opinion.

The Israelis are entitled to go after the remaining murderers of their people.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not likely in your lifetime. The 3rd World Countries we're fighting are a farcry from Japan / Germany who were solidly 2nd/1st world, respectively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
-snip-
Excellent.

Sweet, myself and my brothers in arms are free to do as we please without having to worry about the governments of Kosovo/Serbia/Iraq/ect. hunting us down.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top