Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2014 10:43:48 PM EDT
I picked up a pair of crossbow sun/transition glasses and they fit pretty well over my big head. I'm thinking about just wearing them everyday since they were so pricey. What are the general rules of wearing safety sunglasses everyday? The thing Ii'm worried about is the lenses don't turn dark and I'm walking around with a clear frame. Would such a thing be deemed "silly" looking?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Not being a smart aleck, but why would you even care?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If they fit you well and you like them, go for it. Don't worry over what other people think. I could care less what another person uses for glasses.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I wear my lift safety sun glasses everyday at work and driving. $30 and they even polarized.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a good question and I asked that to myself as well. I guess reality is I'm just worried I might be at work or whatever and someone recognizing the ballistic glasses and making a mention or something which might turn ugly. I just got contacts and I can finally wear sunglasses like normal people and figured, "Hey I like shooting, and I want glasses, so why not get both world so I can wear it at the range and wear it while doing everyday normal things?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If they fit you well and you like them, go for it. Don't worry over what other people think. I could care less what another person uses for glasses.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I wear the $5 walmart safety sunglasses every day. Really comfy
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's a good question and I asked that to myself as well. I guess reality is I'm just worried I might be at work or whatever and someone recognizing the ballistic glasses and making a mention or something which might turn ugly. I just got contacts and I can finally wear sunglasses like normal people and figured, "Hey I like shooting, and I want glasses, so why not get both world so I can wear it at the range and wear it while doing everyday normal things?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just be you, bro.  You don't have to answer to anybody about your eyewear.  Standard answer, "I like them if you don't, don't buy them".(I find a confrontational "suck it" usually ends the conversation, LOL)

Link to said glasses?  Maybe I want?!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just be you, bro.  You don't have to answer to anybody about your eyewear.  Standard answer, "I like them if you don't, don't buy them".    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just be you, bro.  You don't have to answer to anybody about your eyewear.  Standard answer, "I like them if you don't, don't buy them".    

Yeah, it's these things: http://www.esseyepro.com/Crossbow-Photochromic_352_detail.html They transistion to dark outdoors. They're really nice. You can get regular sunglasses lenses too for much less. Other sites offer the same glasses for less but I bought directly from ESS.

The only video I know of that gives a good demo is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTETjq3TqRg
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't care for photochromaic lenses since they don't work in cars,  but I wear ESS CDI every day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
If someone recognized them as shooting glasses,  why would it turn ugly?  It would probably be someone who enjoys shooting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I wear the ones out of our vending machine at work. I like them, a lot...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wear the ones out of our vending machine at work. I like them, a lot...
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Been wearing them since I had PRK in 2009.  I went with Wiley X's because I like their looks and they are a quality pair of glasses that just happen to be ANSI rated.

This is what I wear, they replaced a pair of Romer 2's.

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/ProductDetail.aspx?ActivityCode=FISHING&SeriesCode=1033&ProductLine=1037,ROMER2&ItemCode=1004

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Wished I had a pic...

I told the haters "what's your eyes worth to you?"

Plus fuck it. I'm pimp and I do pimp shit.

I only don't wear them when they get foggy.

-Shawn
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Lots of everyday type sunglasses meet ballistic safety standards.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
And many decent and comfy pairs less than 10 bucks . . . . when they scratch up , give em away or just toss them . No loss

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Hardhats and dark safety glasses lead to stupid tan lines.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I wear glass lens polarized Costas. Not very "safe" but the clarity is amazing and needed.
Especially when your a fisherman like me

They were a little expensive though...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#19]
All of my sunglasses are safety rated except my Maui Jims,
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wear glass lens polarized Costas. Not very "safe" but the clarity is amazing and needed.

View Quote

Someone who had never sight fished will never appreciate the awesome clarity of a pair of Costa wave 580s.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Someone who had never sight fished will never appreciate the awesome clarity of a pair of Costa wave 580s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people just don't know what they are missing!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And many decent and comfy pairs less than 10 bucks . . . . when they scratch up , give em away or just toss them . No loss

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3M has at least one pair of safety glasses available in clear or dark lenses. A little nail polish remover to remove the ligand logo they look like a generic pair of cool guy sunglasses.  About $10.00 a pair last I checked.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:33:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wear the $5 walmart safety sunglasses every day. Really comfy
View Quote

$10 3M 100% UV rated safety glasses from Lowes.

But, to be fair... I do like nice sunglasses too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I got some Revision Vipertails about two years ago and have been wearing them everyday. Before that it was some Oakley...something's. Basically sunglasses with balistic protection. If I had clears, I'd wear em. I only have one set of eyes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't understand the it may turn ugly if someone recognizes the glasses......um why would that be the case?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Your eyes are the weakest, most easily damaged part of your body. They deserve protection.

You're more likely to see me barefoot than without eyepro.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Mine are prescription Wiley Xs, as much as they cost I'd wear them at night and inside if it didn't make me look like a douchebag.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:22:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Sawflys. All day. Errday. Work great in lab too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#30]
If they fit and you like them, go for it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:28:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate when people think what other people think.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:59:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I got a pair of those the last time I deployed. One frame had the clear lenses and the other had the tinted lenses. I bought the polarized lenses for one of them. I use them for shooting and other various outdoor activities. They are nice for kayaking. Had I been wearing my Oakleys the last time I flipped, they would be gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top