Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2014 10:31:35 PM EDT
FRACKVILLE, Pa. — A man serving life in prison for killing a Philadelphia police officer in 1981 has been selected as a commencement speaker at his Vermont alma mater.

Goddard College, a liberal arts college in Plainfield with 600 students, says on its website that Mumia Abu-Jamal's recorded remarks will be played Sunday at a commencement, along with a video about him.

Bob Kenny, the school's interim president, is quoted on the website as saying the graduates' selection of Abu-Jamal reflects "their freedom to engage and think radically and critically in a world that often sets up barriers to do just that."

Abu-Jamal was originally sentenced to death for killing Officer Daniel Faulkner on Dec. 9, 1981, but he was resentenced to life in 2012. He graduated from Goddard in 1996.

His claims that he's been victimized by a racist justice system have attracted international support, and a radio show, documentaries and books have helped publicize his case. Abu-Jamal is a former Black Panther; the officer was white.

The Vermont Troopers' Association said Tuesday that including Abu-Jamal in the commencement shows "an absolute disregard" for Faulkner's family.

"While our nation is searching for solutions to gun violence in our schools and communities, we are outraged that Goddard College is hosting a man who shot and killed a police officer," the group in a written statement.

View Quote

www.policeone.com/investigations/articles/7618946-Jailed-cop-killer-picked-as-Vt-commencement-speaker/#comments_block
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
This shit happens all the time with this fucker
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Remind me not to hire one of that college's graduates.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw that on Megyn Kelly. It's hip to be rad. His wife's outrage was heartbreaking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Any cop hired for security should refuse to work.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What a bunch of ignorant imbeciles selecting that human detritus to crow his message.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
They don't get anymore clear cut then that. The fucker should have hung!

"Prosecution case at trial

The prosecution presented four witnesses to the court. Robert Chobert, a cab driver who testified he was parked behind Faulkner, identified Abu-Jamal as the shooter.[32] Cynthia White, a prostitute, testified that Abu-Jamal emerged from a nearby parking lot and shot Faulkner.[33] Michael Scanlan, a motorist, testified that from two car lengths away, he saw a man, matching Abu-Jamal's description, run across the street from a parking lot and shoot Faulkner.[34] Albert Magilton, a pedestrian who did not see the actual murder, testified to witnessing Faulkner pull over Cook's car. At the point of seeing Abu-Jamal start to cross the street toward them from the parking lot, Magilton turned away and lost sight of what happened next.[35]

The prosecution also presented two witnesses who were at the hospital after the shootings. Hospital security guard Priscilla Durham and police officer Garry Bell testified that Abu-Jamal confessed in the hospital by saying, "I shot the motherfucker, and I hope the motherfucker dies."[36]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't feel bad if a meteor landed on the ceremony.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The Black Panther is whining about racism? That's amusing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
wtf is wrong with them fuckheads?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I never understood the attention this guy gets. I know he's mentioned in a RATM song, so I guess he did what he did for the "revolution."
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Wesley Cook aka Mumia Abu Jamal.
Fuck his supporters.
Fuck this graduating class.
Actually, just go ahead and fuck Goddard College too.

Oh yeah, fuck Obama and that Debo guy he appointed that used to be this turds lawyer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never understood the attention this guy gets. I know he's mentioned in a RATM song, so I guess he did what he did for the "revolution."
View Quote

Well, he did execute a cop. I'd say that ranks pretty high amongst that crowd.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

GD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#16]
How do they treat cop killers in NJ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I had to Wikipedia this shitty school.

Total enrollment, 700. That's combined undergrad and post grad.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#18]
So MAJ was sentenced to death in 1981, but somehow graduated from Goddard in 1996?

Love our prison system.....

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL. Our little town HS is bigger than that.  I was hoping at least some of the student body would walk out but being that small I'd venture a guess that they are very insular and like minded.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck that shitweasle
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So MAJ was sentenced to death in 1981, but somehow graduated from Goddard in 1996?

View Quote

...and here we are damn near into 2015 and he is still alive. Still stealing oxygen, still costing the taxpayers money, and giving college commencement speeches.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL. Our little town HS is bigger than that.  I was hoping at least some of the student body would walk out but being that small I'd venture a guess that they are very insular and like minded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, my graduating class in high school was right around 500.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a liberal arts college.   I doubt anyone was going to hire them in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

GD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD?

Gangster Disciples?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#25]
What would be awesome would be if every one in that class was black listed at every major company they applied to. Who would want someone like that working for them?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#26]
These people are fucking sick.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I've met a couple of people who graduated from that school and they were a few sheets of fuckton crazy.

I actually worked with one for awhile and he thought that MLK was actually president of the united states and that he freed the slaves. He was actually convinced of this and was always complaining that there were these "old white men" on money and how racist this was.

It was actually kind of funny to mess with the guy, my boss at the time used to buy out all of the grape soda in the vending machine so we could listen to this guy rant all day of how the "white man" was bringing a n*$*$( down cause he was artificially causing a grape soda shortage.

My boss was white, we LOL'd about this alot.

I think the guy eventually quit and tried to get unemployment on the grounds that everyone in the company was the descendants of slave owners. HR actually forwarded this around the office for LULZ.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Libitards
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I wore my shirt just yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Democrats gonna democrat

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/01/08/obama-nominates-racist-cop-killer-defender-debo-adegbile-to-head-doj-civil-rights-division-n1773332

Occupy (link cold)
donotlink dot com /framed?546388

Viral #ThankAPoliceOfficerDay Goes Global, Recounts ALL Abuses, Terror, Crimes

08/10/2014 0
Video: Ramona Africa Speaks about the MOVE 9, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Dr. Mutulu Shakur, Political Prisoners, and More

An interview by ESND news with Ramona Africa; one of two survivors from the radical…
Americas Photo: Joe Piette
04/28/2014 0
300+ March in Philadelphia to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal

Over 300 supporters of Mumia Abu-Jamal marched from a rally at 18th and Cecil B Moore…

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

No death penalty.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

...and here we are damn near into 2015 and he is still alive. Still stealing oxygen, still costing the taxpayers money, and giving college commencement speeches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The state dropped it's appeal process for the death penalty.

I think the widow said she wanted to drop the whole thing, brings up too many memories.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Disgusting but not surprising.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:19:51 AM EDT
[#37]
“Mumia Abu-Jamal was sentenced to death for the murder of a police officer in 1982 after a trial that failed to meet international standards."

From Amnesty International

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:38:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's a liberal arts college.   I doubt anyone was going to hire them in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"It's not a large, it's a venti."

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the matter?

You have some kind of problem with hiring a grad with a degree in "Daddy Issue Women's Multicultural Lesbian Studies" to work at your IT company?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#40]
I saw it on Megan Kelly. These people are strange....
A home invader could break in, tie them up and shove cacti up their hind ends and they'd insist the home invader was just teaching them Botany.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:03:29 AM EDT
[#41]
If law enforcement really wanted to make a statement they should stop taking dispatches to the university and put it in writing to the university president. You want to bring that type of garbage to speak, ok, we won't help with security if anything goes wrong. The academic types will $#!t themselves not knowing what to do.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#42]
A friend of mine was a Philly Hhusing Cop, he responded, all he would say was he was guilty
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Saw that on Megyn Kelly. It's hip to be rad. His wife's outrage was heartbreaking.
View Quote

I saw that interview.  You could almost smell the body odor from the hipster douche from the school right through the tv screen.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Black Panther is whining about racism? That's amusing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
These people are fucking sick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Fry Mumia.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#47]
If this guy ran for president, he could probably get 51% of the vote in today's America.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No death penalty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No death penalty.

And now parole, article.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#49]
This is the sort of shit that has been popular since the 1960's.

Mumia himself is a product of the 1960's radicals and they are trying to perpetuate that behavior.  Young people generally fall for idealism and radicalism, as a way to solve the world's ills (caused by their parents and older generations).  It is a form of rebellion and also a function of ignorance and naive optimism about the way the world works.

I do fervently hope the worms will get a Mumia snack, sooner than later.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

This shit happens all the time with this fucker
View Quote

It's not about him.  It's the mentality of his colored followers.  Right or wrong, if it's against the "white man", it's OK.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top